Start by marking “My Darling Melissa (Corbins, #4)” as Want to Read:
My Darling Melissa (Corbins, #4)

My Darling Melissa (Corbins #4)

3.96  ·  Rating Details  ·  496 Ratings  ·  25 Reviews
Devastated on her wedding day by a shattering revelation, Melissa Corbin turned to a stranger with a brazen bargain: she would take his name in exchange for the power of the Corbin empire.
Quinn Rafferty was shockingly handsome and used to command. His bold, generous heart was quickly roused to laughter, to anger...and to white-hot desire for the head strong, sable-maned b
Published May 31st 2011 by Pocket Books (first published 1990)

To ask other readers questions about My Darling Melissa, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Darling Melissa

Christel
May 08, 2008 Christel rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: LLM fans and romance readers
Susan
Okay book. On her wedding day Melissa found out that her fiance has a mistress and that he invited her to the wedding. Melissa will put up with some things, but infidelity isn't one of them. She runs from the wedding and ends up on a private train car with Quinn Rafferty. She offers him a bargain - she'll marry him and he'll get the benefits of being married to a Corbin.

I have to say that I really didn't like Melissa much. I found her to be immature and ridiculously stubborn. I understood why s
Nati
Jul 28, 2011 Nati rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Inhaltsangabe:

Das Leben hat die Corbins eigentlich immer verwöhnt - die Brüder Adam, Jeff, Keith und ihre Schwester Melissa. Bis zu dem Tag, als ihr Vater unter mysteriösen Umständen verunglückte. Nun müssendie vier allein versuchen, ihren Weg im Leben zu finden.

--------------------

Natürlich ist es ein unglaublicher Skandal, als Melissa ihren Bräutigam einfach am Altar stehen läßt, aber das ist ihr egal. Soll sie vielleicht nur wegen der Leute einen Mann heiraten, der sie schon vor der Ehe betrü
Carol
May 18, 2015 Carol rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The plot was good,the heroine was feisty, if somewhat headstrong and spoiled. The book had more detailed sex than the plot required. Although it is a continuation of the Corbin series, it was not necessary to have read the previous three books to enjoy this one.
Dash Richardson
Jan 23, 2016 Dash Richardson rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Do not let ppl suggest you into reading this trash. it's horrible. couldn't get half way thru. horrible story line, horrible writing. very disappointed. sorry LLM but this was bad.
Janet Meeks
Feb 21, 2014 Janet Meeks rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Always a joy to read Linda Lael Miller!!
Need to read this series in order.
Theresa
also read 07/29/10
Kc Cooper
Jul 31, 2012 Kc Cooper rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This is the dumbest book I've ever read. h.Well half read---I put it down half way through. An heiress marries a millionaire and then gets a job a few days later shucking oysters. She dresses in hand me down shabby dresses. She constantly misconstrues the situation she's involved in. For some reason her brothers think she need watching over. They're right. She needs a keeper. And frankly her husband is not up to the job. I can't believe LLM wrote this. I'm usually a fan.
Shannon
My favorite of Linda Lael Miller. It's absolutely perfect and so romantic!
karen
Feb 17, 2016 karen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A little too much stubbornness on both parts. To love someone that much and be so difficult for so long was too long. I liked this Corbin bunch. Was happy that all truths came out
Wendy
Feb 04, 2009 Wendy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: romance lovers/cowboy lovers
This is a fun read. Mellissa is a woman that runs away from her family and her wedding and hops a train to get away. Quinn is a up and coming buisness man that is intrigued by Melissa and finds her everything he is looking for. There are twists and turns to them finding love yet they seem to overcome the odds and get there with the help of friends and family. Though I didn't give this one five stars, I feel it is a worthwhile read.
Regina
Mar 26, 2013 Regina rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Melissa was immature, annoying and beyond stubborn. I completely commiserated with Quinn having to deal with her dramatics. I enjoyed Quinn's passionate nature but how he endured Melissa's behavior was unbelievable. Most men would have dropped girls like that like a hot potato. Promising story line but fell way short of a satisfying read. Two stars.
LJ
My Darling Melissa - Ok
Miller, Linda Lael (aka Leal St. James)- 4th of Corbin series

Fleeing the altar on her wedding day when she discovers that her husband-to-be is plotting to take a second lover, Melissa Corbin trades access to her family fortune for her hand in marriage in an unusual arrangement.

Okay but not great.
Cara
Jan 28, 2012 Cara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: at-library
I really enjoyed this. It was funny. The couple was a little frustrating in parts but it was a fun read. Very hot. If you have a problem with sex in your books, this one isn't for you. I didn't realize this is the fourth of a series. I actually own Banner O'Brien and haven't read it yet.
Christine (Cagnes)
3.5 stars.
Linda
Sep 16, 2013 Linda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The final edition of the Corbin family is about the sister, Melissa. She is as strong headed as her brothers and she meets her match with Quinn. It turns out they love to fight as much as they love to love.
Maura
Jul 05, 2012 Maura rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical
A good comfort read. I have read the other books in this series. The couple were fairly believable in their interactions. Not my favorite in the series but not a waste of time either.
Robyn
Oct 23, 2009 Robyn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a fun read. I didn't know this was the fourth book in a series, so I will try to find the other three and see if they are as good. I always enjoy reading Linda Lael Miller.
Amanda
Sep 04, 2009 Amanda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's weird to watch Melissa Grow up and become a woman..because you read about her in Banner O'Brien and now here she is married and everything. But a good book.
Tory
Dec 03, 2012 Tory rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First romance novel I ever read! It took me years to track this down based on the plot. Mystery solved!
Janice
Aug 15, 2013 Janice rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
All of Mrs. Miller's books are a GREAT read!! Always worth read over again!
Elizabeth
Aug 28, 2014 Elizabeth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another great story from Miller. Melissa really has spunk!
Leigh Anne Hedges
Pretty clean - set during the early railroad days.
Allison
Sep 13, 2013 Allison rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed! Another great book by Linda Lael Miller!
Miss Pippi the Librarian
Stacey
Jun 20, 2011 Stacey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
:O}
Lisa Kelly
Lisa Kelly marked it as to-read
May 01, 2016
Joelle
Joelle rated it it was amazing
Apr 23, 2016
Andrea
Andrea added it
Apr 18, 2016
  • Prairie Song
  • My Lady Beloved
  • Larkspur (Wyoming Frontier, #5)
  • Wyoming Bride (Mail-Order Brides, #2)
  • Shotgun Wedding
  • In Our Dreams
  • Tyler (Long, Tall Texans, #3)
  • After All (Cassidy Men, #1)
  • How to Marry a Cowboy (Cowboys & Brides, #4)
  • Rebel (Florida Civil War, #3)
As the daughter of a town marshal, Linda has come home to the western lifestyle that gave birth to one of today’s most successful authors. She left Washington years ago and pursued her wanderlust, living in Arizona and London and traveling the world. Now the author of more than 100 novels, the “First Lady of the West” is glad to be back home, writing contemporary and historical stories that have e ...more
More about Linda Lael Miller...

Corbins (4 books)
  • Banner O'Brien (Corbins, #1)
  • Corbin's Fancy (Corbins, #2)
  • Memory's Embrace (Corbins, #3)