Start by marking “Backstage Prince, Vol. 2 (Backstage Prince, #2)” as Want to Read:
Backstage Prince, Vol. 2 (Backstage Prince, #2)

Backstage Prince, Vol. 2 (Backstage Prince #2)

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  724 ratings  ·  16 reviews
There's trouble brewing behind the kabuki curtain. Ryusei's dad doesn't want anything--or anyone!--distracting his son from his chosen profession. It's no secret that he disapproves of Ryusei's romance with Akari. Now he's determined to sabotage their relationship anyway he can!
Published June 5th 2007 by VIZ Media LLC (first published February 24th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Backstage Prince, Vol. 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Backstage Prince, Vol. 2

Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Huh, this was series was a little short. Guess I'm used to reading long series. Anyway this was cute, a little cliche with the usual scenarios with most shoujo mangas. But at the same time you don't really mind it. Well, it depends on the series I guess. Otherwise, it wouldn't be as fun to read. Good but okay volume.
Deb
Jun 14, 2007 Deb rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: shojo fans
O the drama of shojo. Akari continues her backstage romance with Ryusei, keeping up the appearance that she's only an assistant whenever paparazzi show up. They have ups, they have downs, their relation ship is in pretty much the same position at this volume's end as in the beginning.

The main suprise in this book is that Naoki, a talented but unconnected kabuki actor with a crush on Akari, is adopted by one of the high families so that he can act in major roles on stage. As soon as word leaks ou
ClassicMaiden
Mar 03, 2014 ClassicMaiden rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Readers of cute romantic stories ^^
I didn't enjoy volume 2 as much as I did volume 1, sadly, but it continued to be a sweet story though. The ending felt a bit abrupt I thought. For those readers who like a bit more romantic details in their romances, this story only has kisses, hugs and hand touching in it.

So yeah, I liked it but thought the ending in volume 1 was somehow better. I'm still glad I read both volumes, though.

"We'll probably trip a few times along this road.
But every time I think we'll grow a little stronger."
Skye (Skye's Scribblings)
Aug 22, 2014 Skye (Skye's Scribblings) rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: fans of Black Bird
Shelves: reviewed

Find this review and many more at Skye's Scribblings!

This is a review of the entire 2-volume series. I have posted it for both volumes.

Genre: Young Adult Contemporary Romance
Rated: Teen (minor sensuality)
Format Read: Paperbacks (purchased)

Why I Read It: I followed the series when it was serialized in the Shojo Beat magazines years ago, and when it came to my attention again this year I couldn't help but purchase the volumes for my collection.

Story: Since there are only two volumes, it's a
Starbubbles
Where is my epilogue of wedded bliss?! Want to see kids! Or at least have it be an additional story from the cat's perspective. That would have been cute! Oh well, it is what it is.
V.
It was a good story, but the characters are barely characters. They're much more like cardboard cut-outs at times than actual people, fictional or otherwise. They have one motive, and not much personality otherwise. If the story had been drawn out for a few more volumes, they could have developed personalities, but with only two volumes, there's not too much you can do, I guess. But still, the story was good, even though it was a bit repetitive and the characters were kinda flat, so I still gave ...more
Kelly
Really wish this series had more kabuki in it -_-, and less predictable girly drama. The reason I picked up this series is the different settting, and it really did not take advantage of that. Being only a 2 volume story, the characters did not have a lot of time to develop and things felt awkward and fast. If it had the time to spread it, it may have been better. Sakurakouji's art is wonderful, I won't disagree with that. However, an art form as old and respected as kabuki should not have been ...more
Solace Winter
This one was a much better put together novel than the first one. There were continuing storylines that actually still seemed to grow and develop. However this still is not my type of story and glad it was only two novels. This is a "feel good" sort of story where there is no real anticipation of something going wrong. If you want a romance that is just a feel good, this might be the story for you. I like a little more depth than these novels or characters brought to the table.
Genesis
I'm upset. Mad. Depressed. Happy. Joyful. And loved. This was a very cute story that " kinda makes sense in the real world. It became a little annoying to me with the characters actions, moves, and motives. But I felt strongly connected with the main characters. I felt that they knew what was gonna happen if they made a wrong choice. But I felt that this book kinda helped in a way of living a life with a famous boyfriend!
Megan Sanchez
As bad or worse than volume one. The addition of the most benign villain in history doesn't help the story. I also don't appreciate that the extent of the relationship seems to be him ordering her around and getting angry that she's late.
Emmy Lou
A nice conclusion to a cute series. I JUST WISH IT WAS LONGER. T.T
Reader17 Der
I really liked this series. Sad it was so short.
Sarah Evans
Cute, but quite shallow. Still, sweet enough.
Bre
Bre marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2015
Kate
Kate marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2015
  • High School Debut, Vol. 05 (High School Debut, #5)
  • Wild Ones, Vol. 7 (Wild Ones, #7)
  • Tail of the Moon, Volume 3
  • Midnight Secretary, Vol. 04 (Midnight Secretary, #4)
  • Aishiteruze Baby, Vol. 07
  • Punch!, Vol. 2 (Punch!, #2)
  • Happy Marriage ?!, Vol. 02
  • Imadoki!: Nowadays, Vol. 4 (Imadoki!: Nowadays, #4)
Kanoko Sakurakoji (桜小路 かのこ, Sakurakōji Kanoko)
More about Kanoko Sakurakouji...

Backstage Prince (2 books)
  • Backstage Prince, Vol. 1 (Backstage Prince, #1)
Black Bird, Vol. 1 (Black Bird, #1) Black Bird, Vol. 3 (Black Bird, #3) Black Bird, Vol. 2 (Black Bird, #2) Black Bird, Vol. 4 (Black Bird, #4) Black Bird, Vol. 5 (Black Bird, #5)

“We'll probably trip a few times along this road.
But every time I think we'll grow a little stronger.”
39 likes