Start by marking “Backstage Prince, Vol. 2 (Backstage Prince, #2)” as Want to Read:
Backstage Prince, Vol. 2 (Backstage Prince, #2)

Backstage Prince, Vol. 2 (Backstage Prince #2)

There's trouble brewing behind the kabuki curtain. Ryusei's dad doesn't want anything--or anyone!--distracting his son from his chosen profession. It's no secret that he disapproves of Ryusei's romance with Akari. Now he's determined to sabotage their relationship anyway he can!
Published June 5th 2007 by VIZ Media LLC (first published February 24th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Backstage Prince, Vol. 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Backstage Prince, Vol. 2

Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Huh, this was series was a little short. Guess I'm used to reading long series. Anyway this was cute, a little cliche with the usual scenarios with most shoujo mangas. But at the same time you don't really mind it. Well, it depends on the series I guess. Otherwise, it wouldn't be as fun to read. Good but okay volume.
Deb
Jun 14, 2007 Deb rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: shojo fans
O the drama of shojo. Akari continues her backstage romance with Ryusei, keeping up the appearance that she's only an assistant whenever paparazzi show up. They have ups, they have downs, their relation ship is in pretty much the same position at this volume's end as in the beginning.

The main suprise in this book is that Naoki, a talented but unconnected kabuki actor with a crush on Akari, is adopted by one of the high families so that he can act in major roles on stage. As soon as word leaks ou
Kelly
Really wish this series had more kabuki in it -_-, and less predictable girly drama. The reason I picked up this series is the different settting, and it really did not take advantage of that. Being only a 2 volume story, the characters did not have a lot of time to develop and things felt awkward and fast. If it had the time to spread it, it may have been better. Sakurakouji's art is wonderful, I won't disagree with that. However, an art form as old and respected as kabuki should not have been ...more
Starbubbles
Jun 30, 2012 Starbubbles rated it it was ok
Shelves: manga
Where is my epilogue of wedded bliss?! Want to see kids! Or at least have it be an additional story from the cat's perspective. That would have been cute! Oh well, it is what it is.
Skye (Skye's Scribblings)
Aug 22, 2014 Skye (Skye's Scribblings) rated it liked it
Recommends it for: fans of Black Bird
Shelves: reviewed

Find this review and many more at Skye's Scribblings!

This is a review of the entire 2-volume series. I have posted it for both volumes.

Genre: Young Adult Contemporary Romance
Rated: Teen (minor sensuality)
Format Read: Paperbacks (purchased)

Why I Read It: I followed the series when it was serialized in the Shojo Beat magazines years ago, and when it came to my attention again this year I couldn't help but purchase the volumes for my collection.

Story: Since there are only two volumes, it's a
VampAmber
It was a good story, but the characters are barely characters. They're much more like cardboard cut-outs at times than actual people, fictional or otherwise. They have one motive, and not much personality otherwise. If the story had been drawn out for a few more volumes, they could have developed personalities, but with only two volumes, there's not too much you can do, I guess. But still, the story was good, even though it was a bit repetitive and the characters were kinda flat, so I still gave ...more
Solace Winter
Dec 08, 2011 Solace Winter rated it liked it
This one was a much better put together novel than the first one. There were continuing storylines that actually still seemed to grow and develop. However this still is not my type of story and glad it was only two novels. This is a "feel good" sort of story where there is no real anticipation of something going wrong. If you want a romance that is just a feel good, this might be the story for you. I like a little more depth than these novels or characters brought to the table.
Genesis
May 19, 2013 Genesis rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013-reads
I'm upset. Mad. Depressed. Happy. Joyful. And loved. This was a very cute story that " kinda makes sense in the real world. It became a little annoying to me with the characters actions, moves, and motives. But I felt strongly connected with the main characters. I felt that they knew what was gonna happen if they made a wrong choice. But I felt that this book kinda helped in a way of living a life with a famous boyfriend!
Megan M
Mar 17, 2012 Megan M rated it did not like it
As bad or worse than volume one. The addition of the most benign villain in history doesn't help the story. I also don't appreciate that the extent of the relationship seems to be him ordering her around and getting angry that she's late.
Genevieve
Genevieve rated it really liked it
Aug 10, 2012
Nicole
Nicole rated it it was amazing
Oct 12, 2012
Favole
Favole rated it liked it
Oct 18, 2012
Sheneika Richards
Sheneika Richards rated it it was amazing
Sep 24, 2016
Mjoye
Mjoye rated it really liked it
Jan 05, 2015
Dejanae
Dejanae rated it really liked it
Feb 24, 2012
Keli
Keli rated it it was amazing
Nov 09, 2015
Bibiana Cambril
Bibiana Cambril rated it really liked it
Sep 27, 2016
Rachel
Rachel rated it liked it
Jun 21, 2011
Midnight
Midnight rated it liked it
Jul 12, 2014
Whitney
Whitney rated it liked it
May 30, 2011
Ana Mcway
Ana Mcway rated it liked it
Mar 01, 2015
Paula Biegaj
Paula Biegaj rated it it was amazing
Dec 13, 2014
Kirri
Kirri rated it it was amazing
Aug 18, 2014
Eliza
Eliza rated it it was amazing
Aug 06, 2015
Maia
Maia rated it it was amazing
Aug 01, 2014
Jennifer Wei
Jennifer Wei rated it it was amazing
Aug 28, 2016
Luretta
Luretta rated it really liked it
Jun 01, 2015
Vinnie
Vinnie rated it liked it
Dec 11, 2013
Amanda
Amanda rated it it was amazing
Dec 16, 2011
Dawn
Dawn rated it it was ok
Jan 12, 2008
  • Wild Ones, Vol. 10 (Wild Ones, #10)
  • High School Debut, Vol. 07 (High School Debut, #7)
  • Tail of the Moon, Volume 3
  • Midnight Secretary, Vol. 03 (Midnight Secretary, #3)
  • Monkey High!, Vol. 5
  • Aishiteruze Baby, Volume 02
  • Dramacon, Vol. 3
  • Punch!, Vol. 2 (Punch!, #2)
Given name: かのこ
Family name: 桜小路

Kanoko Sakurakoji (桜小路 かのこ, Sakurakōji Kanoko)

Zodiac: Leo

Blood Type: AB
More about Kanoko Sakurakouji...

Backstage Prince (2 books)
  • Backstage Prince, Vol. 1 (Backstage Prince, #1)

“We'll probably trip a few times along this road.
But every time I think we'll grow a little stronger.”
43 likes