Start by marking “Truth Runs Deep” as Want to Read:
Truth Runs Deep

Truth Runs Deep

Mystery. Suspense. Murder.

Father Stephen Mario becomes the prime suspect after a family from his church is found murdered in their home. When the Diocesan Bishop rushes to Father Mario's defense, Police Chief Carl Johnson intercepts him to question his motives. Partnering with a feisty, independent-minded newspaper reporter, the police chief uses unconventional methods to
Published May 17th 2011

To ask other readers questions about Truth Runs Deep, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Truth Runs Deep

Jeannie Walker
May 08, 2012 Jeannie Walker rated it it was amazing
This is a well-written story by an author who walked around with pencils when she was a young child. Personally, I am glad she scribbled in her youth and as an adult wrote this suspense filled novel. I personally know how teachers can influence us - as my English teacher became my mentor. She and I still keep in touch. Like this amazing author - I would also like to thank my teachers.

I believe anyone who is looking for a good read will be hooked once you start reading Truth Runs Deep.
A murder i
Nate Gay
Aug 28, 2012 Nate Gay rated it it was amazing
Most of the book takes place in a small town in Virginia. The narrative follows members of a local Catholic church, the town police chief, and a newspaper reporter. As I am not religious, when I began reading I was initially off-put by the involvement of religion in the narrative. Although, as the story began to take shape I could tell that the author was not necessarily endorsing the religious aspects but rather including them because they were important to the characters in the story.

Once I be
Elaine
Rumors, Murder, Scandal and the Catholic Church. It’s not what you think.

After speaking to one person, it seems to point the Chief of Police in one direction but he’s not so sure now that he has a bit more information. It takes awhile to discover just what those mysteries are that the chief is privy to but not yet the reader.

Because priests are bound to secrecy in what transpires in a confession, whether in or outside the confessional, it adds an extra dimension to this well-crafted story.

This
C Allen
Nov 15, 2012 C Allen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spirituality, novels
I can't remember a book evoking so much emotion, the torment of LGBTQ youth, especially those in "religious" families torn between familial love and perceived spiritual obligation is so beautifully and painfully portrayed here. Thank You Sheila, for telling this story!!!!!
Dannibeth Farnum
Nov 25, 2012 Dannibeth Farnum rated it it was amazing
This is an amazing book, every page is filled with suspense, mystery and thrills! A great debut novel by author Sheila Callaham!
Sujet S Shukla
Feb 11, 2013 Sujet S Shukla rated it liked it
A debut novel by Sheila Callaham with a touch of releigion sentiments involved in it.This story revolves around Father Stephen Mario of St.Joseph Church who is now Prime Suspect for Murdering all the members of a catholic family who wanted him to be removed from the church...a nicely paced story & a gud read.
Sharon
Dec 12, 2012 Sharon rated it it was amazing
This is an excellent book filled with suspense. The author evokes emotion and the subject is handled skillfully and with sensitivity.
Yolanda
Jan 06, 2013 Yolanda rated it really liked it
Heather
Heather rated it liked it
Jan 15, 2015
Kim
Kim rated it really liked it
Sep 13, 2012
Debby
Debby rated it it was ok
Jun 04, 2013
Jovany Agathe
Jovany Agathe rated it did not like it
Aug 30, 2014
Kasper
Kasper rated it liked it
Nov 02, 2012
Julius Jessup
Julius Jessup rated it it was amazing
Mar 26, 2013
Margery
Margery rated it really liked it
Nov 30, 2012
Michael McNally
Michael McNally rated it it was ok
Aug 18, 2015
Deborah
Deborah rated it really liked it
May 24, 2016
Mari
Mari rated it did not like it
May 22, 2016
Selma
Selma rated it really liked it
Jul 09, 2012
Margaret Ollie
Margaret Ollie rated it it was amazing
Jun 08, 2014
Coleen
Coleen rated it really liked it
Nov 18, 2013
Carolyn
Carolyn rated it really liked it
Vivek
Vivek rated it it was amazing
Jan 15, 2013
Kathy
Kathy rated it really liked it
Aug 20, 2013
Jan
Jan added it
Jan 29, 2012
Beckie
Beckie marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2012
Lila
Lila marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2012
Fred
Fred marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2012
T.
T. marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2012
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2012
Paige
Paige marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2012
Trish
Trish marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2012
Kristin
Kristin marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2012
Naomi
Naomi marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2012
Tammy K.
Tammy K. marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2012
Sue1958
Sue1958 marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2012
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2012
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
JustJen "Miss Conduct" marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2012
Eric Wright
Eric Wright marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2012
Pam Smith Faber
Pam Smith Faber marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2012
Heather Casteel
Heather Casteel marked it as to-read
Sheila
Sheila marked it as to-read
Ginger
Ginger marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2012
Roy Huff
Roy Huff marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2013
Bea
Bea marked it as to-read
Bunni
Bunni marked it as to-read
Cinlar
Cinlar marked it as to-read
K
K added it
Feb 25, 2013
Sheila
Sheila marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2013
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2013
Author and success coach Sheila Callaham splits her working hours between the two things she enjoys most: writing and motivating others to be their best.

Sheila’s first book, Truth Runs Deep, published in 2011, explores issues of religious bigotry and the pain of exclusion based on sexual orientation. A work of crime fiction, Sheila likes readers to know that even fiction can have a message.

Spir
More about Sheila Callaham...