Start by marking “Truth Runs Deep” as Want to Read:
Truth Runs Deep

Truth Runs Deep

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  22 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Mystery. Suspense. Murder.

Father Stephen Mario becomes the prime suspect after a family from his church is found murdered in their home. When the Diocesan Bishop rushes to Father Mario's defense, Police Chief Carl Johnson intercepts him to question his motives. Partnering with a feisty, independent-minded newspaper reporter, the police chief uses unconventional methods to
Published May 17th 2011

To ask other readers questions about Truth Runs Deep, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Truth Runs Deep

Nate Gay
Most of the book takes place in a small town in Virginia. The narrative follows members of a local Catholic church, the town police chief, and a newspaper reporter. As I am not religious, when I began reading I was initially off-put by the involvement of religion in the narrative. Although, as the story began to take shape I could tell that the author was not necessarily endorsing the religious aspects but rather including them because they were important to the characters in the story.

Once I be
Jeannie Walker
This is a well-written story by an author who walked around with pencils when she was a young child. Personally, I am glad she scribbled in her youth and as an adult wrote this suspense filled novel. I personally know how teachers can influence us - as my English teacher became my mentor. She and I still keep in touch. Like this amazing author - I would also like to thank my teachers.

I believe anyone who is looking for a good read will be hooked once you start reading Truth Runs Deep.
A murder i
Rumors, Murder, Scandal and the Catholic Church. It’s not what you think.

After speaking to one person, it seems to point the Chief of Police in one direction but he’s not so sure now that he has a bit more information. It takes awhile to discover just what those mysteries are that the chief is privy to but not yet the reader.

Because priests are bound to secrecy in what transpires in a confession, whether in or outside the confessional, it adds an extra dimension to this well-crafted story.

C Allen
I can't remember a book evoking so much emotion, the torment of LGBTQ youth, especially those in "religious" families torn between familial love and perceived spiritual obligation is so beautifully and painfully portrayed here. Thank You Sheila, for telling this story!!!!!
Dannibeth Farnum
This is an amazing book, every page is filled with suspense, mystery and thrills! A great debut novel by author Sheila Callaham!
Sujet S Shukla
A debut novel by Sheila Callaham with a touch of releigion sentiments involved in it.This story revolves around Father Stephen Mario of St.Joseph Church who is now Prime Suspect for Murdering all the members of a catholic family who wanted him to be removed from the church...a nicely paced story & a gud read.
This is an excellent book filled with suspense. The author evokes emotion and the subject is handled skillfully and with sensitivity.
Sandi Wellnitz
Sandi Wellnitz marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2015
Lee Conwell
Lee Conwell marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2015
Arielle Hebert
Arielle Hebert marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2015
Stacy marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2015
Charleen marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2015
lynna marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2015
Aline added it
Jul 09, 2015
Diana Hayes
Diana Hayes marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2015
Lisa marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2015
Arthetta Rodgers
Arthetta Rodgers marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2015
Johnna marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
Kim Geurts
Kim Geurts marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
Alyssa marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
Paulette marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2014
Patti marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2014
Harvina Britain
Harvina Britain marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2014
Janet Fair
Janet Fair marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2014
Robert Beveridge
Robert Beveridge marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2014
Dawn marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Author and success coach Sheila Callaham splits her working hours between the two things she enjoys most: writing and motivating others to be their best.

Sheila’s first book, Truth Runs Deep, published in 2011, explores issues of religious bigotry and the pain of exclusion based on sexual orientation. A work of crime fiction, Sheila likes readers to know that even fiction can have a message.

More about Sheila Callaham...