Start by marking “Buy High, Sell Higher: Why Buy-And-Hold Is Dead And Other Investing Lessons from CNBC's "The Liquidator"” as Want to Read:

3.26 of 5 stars 3.26  ·  rating details  ·  43 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Whether you're a professional investor or just want to trade like one, Buy High, Sell Higher will show you how to pick winners, maximize gains and minimize losses...In this book, you'll learn how a stock's price is just the beginning of the story, and that other indicators like moving averages and volume can help you to spot stocks that have momentum. You'll also learn how ...more
Published January 3rd 2012 by Business Plus

To ask other readers questions about Buy High, Sell Higher, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Buy High, Sell Higher

Raphael
Gets good for a few chapters in the middle. Investing advice with quotes about Buffet are completely off. Ex. He'll say something like Buffet says buy when everybody is fearful. 'So when Buffet became fearful of the economy I saw an opportunity and BOUGHT'. Very scary and irresponsible how he encourages the average person to put money in stocks, or commodities, or index funds, 'depending on the current market'. He says to be careful, but he reads like shitty version of Cramer.

Many sentences sta
David Czerepak
Definite Easy read. Applying what you learn from this book can't help you really become a better investor; if you're trading off ideas/strategies you first read about in this book, I hope it's a paper account and you plan on studying up some more before you waste your money. All the "take-away" ideas/methods/strats, what have you, Terranova gives, can more easily be picked up and learned from the latest Market Wizards by Schwager.
Peter Meyers
This book is one of the vaguest investing books I have ever read. I think the bottom line is to have a plan that you are capable of emotionally sticking with. I do like his hard stance on being very distrustful of anything dropping through the 200 day average. Looking back I could have avoided some of my biggest mistakes on that advice. I have already reaped the financial and emotional return of implementing this. I am also trying to implement the trading journal and becoming much more methodica ...more
Terry Koressel
As far as investment books is concerned....not my style. I finished the book only because I have a long existing "phobia" against reading a book only 1/2 way. You'll not find specific investment advice. I don't often criticize authors, but I could not escape the underlying feeling that the author is "full of himself". A big turnoff for me.
Kyle
Great info. Very straight-forward approach to investing. Anyone with some background in finance and investing could easily pick up the tips that are listed by the author. Excellent quick read and a lot of good advice to put into practice from a successful investor on Wall-Street.
Gary
This is an easy read and it was good in delievering investment principles. I like investing and recommend using this book if you do too. If you are a new investor, however, this is not suitable and suggest other books.
Bill Main
A good companion to all of the William O'Niel How to stock books. Same philosophy. But Joe makes it not like a text book.
Ajay
I like reading these books not so much for how to trade but if there is some insight into hedge fund mindset etc.
Zachary Fuller
Very informative.
Scott Headman
Scott Headman marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2014
Bradley Kelly
Bradley Kelly is currently reading it
Aug 06, 2014
SampathKumar S
SampathKumar S marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2014
James
James added it
Apr 06, 2014
Samantha
Samantha marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2013
David
David added it
Nov 12, 2013
Peder
Peder added it
Nov 03, 2013
Crystal
Crystal marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Buy High: Why Buy-And-Hold Is Dead and Other Investing Lessons from CNBC's the Liquidator Buy High, Sell Higher Buy High, Sell Higher: Why Buy-And-Hold Is Dead And Other Investing Lessons from CNBC's The Liquidator