Start by marking “Buy High, Sell Higher: Why Buy-And-Hold Is Dead And Other Investing Lessons from CNBC's "The Liquidator"” as Want to Read:

Whether you're a professional investor or just want to trade like one, Buy High, Sell Higher will show you how to pick winners, maximize gains and minimize losses...In this book, you'll learn how a stock's price is just the beginning of the story, and that other indicators like moving averages and volume can help you to spot stocks that have momentum. You'll also learn how ...more
Published January 3rd 2012 by Business Plus

To ask other readers questions about Buy High, Sell Higher, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Buy High, Sell Higher

Raphael Bernardo
Oct 25, 2014 Raphael Bernardo rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Gets good for a few chapters in the middle. Investing advice with quotes about Buffet are completely off. Ex. He'll say something like Buffet says buy when everybody is fearful. 'So when Buffet became fearful of the economy I saw an opportunity and BOUGHT'. Very scary and irresponsible how he encourages the average person to put money in stocks, or commodities, or index funds, 'depending on the current market'. He says to be careful, but he reads like shitty version of Cramer.

Many sentences sta
Kirk G. Meyer
Oct 21, 2015 Kirk G. Meyer rated it liked it
Shelves: business-finance
I got this book mainly due to the fact it was autographed and on sale. But with that said the title did intrigue me especially in the bull markets that have been in place since the end of the recession in 2009. As of the writing of this review the markets are still high and I think anyone's guess is as good as the next to where it will go. I enjoy Mr. Terranova on CNBC when he talks so I did not think there would be no good reason not to read the book. And he does put some very interesting conce ...more
Peter Meyers
Mar 21, 2012 Peter Meyers rated it it was ok
This book is one of the vaguest investing books I have ever read. I think the bottom line is to have a plan that you are capable of emotionally sticking with. I do like his hard stance on being very distrustful of anything dropping through the 200 day average. Looking back I could have avoided some of my biggest mistakes on that advice. I have already reaped the financial and emotional return of implementing this. I am also trying to implement the trading journal and becoming much more methodica ...more
David Czerepak
Feb 19, 2014 David Czerepak rated it it was ok
Shelves: finance
Definite Easy read. Applying what you learn from this book can't help you really become a better investor; if you're trading off ideas/strategies you first read about in this book, I hope it's a paper account and you plan on studying up some more before you waste your money. All the "take-away" ideas/methods/strats, what have you, Terranova gives, can more easily be picked up and learned from the latest Market Wizards by Schwager.
Terry Koressel
Mar 16, 2013 Terry Koressel rated it did not like it
As far as investment books is concerned....not my style. I finished the book only because I have a long existing "phobia" against reading a book only 1/2 way. You'll not find specific investment advice. I don't often criticize authors, but I could not escape the underlying feeling that the author is "full of himself". A big turnoff for me.
Jan 15, 2013 Kyle rated it really liked it
Great info. Very straight-forward approach to investing. Anyone with some background in finance and investing could easily pick up the tips that are listed by the author. Excellent quick read and a lot of good advice to put into practice from a successful investor on Wall-Street.
Feb 10, 2012 Gary rated it really liked it
This is an easy read and it was good in delievering investment principles. I like investing and recommend using this book if you do too. If you are a new investor, however, this is not suitable and suggest other books.
Bill Main
Aug 19, 2012 Bill Main rated it it was amazing
A good companion to all of the William O'Niel How to stock books. Same philosophy. But Joe makes it not like a text book.
Jun 28, 2013 Ajay rated it liked it
I like reading these books not so much for how to trade but if there is some insight into hedge fund mindset etc.
H.R. rated it it was amazing
Jun 03, 2012
Jon rated it really liked it
Jun 28, 2013
Ron Mellott
Ron Mellott rated it liked it
Jan 03, 2015
Chris Henthorn
Sep 09, 2015 Chris Henthorn rated it liked it
I like Joe Terranova's advice in this book, it just makes sense.
Natasha Downing
Natasha Downing rated it it was amazing
Sep 26, 2013
Tim Kohn
Tim Kohn rated it it was ok
Jul 05, 2013
Tom Vogt
Tom Vogt rated it liked it
Feb 18, 2012
Mike Kozlowski
Mike Kozlowski rated it liked it
May 14, 2014
Ted rated it really liked it
Jul 12, 2015
Zachary Fuller
Mar 30, 2014 Zachary Fuller rated it it was amazing
Very informative.
Wallis Chan
Wallis Chan rated it really liked it
Mar 23, 2012
Sean rated it it was ok
Nov 02, 2015
Jim rated it liked it
Apr 10, 2013
Chelle rated it really liked it
Feb 05, 2012
Brad rated it liked it
Jun 08, 2014
Brian Danchilla
Brian Danchilla rated it liked it
May 03, 2016
Kevin Huynh
Kevin Huynh rated it liked it
Jan 20, 2013
Martin rated it really liked it
Oct 02, 2012
Andy Stento
Andy Stento rated it really liked it
Mar 09, 2013
Neil rated it it was ok
Dec 02, 2015
Nicole rated it really liked it
Aug 04, 2012