Start by marking “Kiss of the Night (Carnal Thirst, #2)” as Want to Read:
Kiss of the Night (Carnal Thirst, #2)

Kiss of the Night (Carnal Thirst #2)

3.69  ·  Rating Details ·  1,068 Ratings  ·  38 Reviews
Special Task Force agent Alexei Night has been in lust with Interstellar Council Representative Briana Michaels ever since the first time he saw her on the vid comm. But their lives are worlds apart. He's a vampire. She's not. There's no possibility of a relationship between them. Yet he still dreams of her...

When Briana's unpopular position supporting vampiric rights thre
Published November 23rd 2005 (first published November 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Kiss of the Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kiss of the Night

Kjen
Aug 21, 2012 Kjen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a well-done shorter type read. I really liked both of the characters. Love scenes were awesome in a passionate sense and not over the top erotica. Alex was romantic, possessive, and protective...and very yummy(; Bree was a great female lead...she didn't do the whole "doubting the hero" thing. She didn't believe that Alex had betrayed her. That is so refreshing. Enjoyed this more than Carnal Thirst #1.
Noura
Jun 15, 2016 Noura rated it liked it
Lots of sexytimes, two MCs who are hiding secrets of their own and a assassination plot that changed their lives. Alex Night is a hunky vamp, a tough agent posing as a smuggler/criminal and a romantic. He falls deeply in love with Bree Michaels, a human, politician and a woman who happens to love romance stories. She hired him to transport her to her home planet but of course lots of things happen during their travel there.

Bree's character as a vamp-rights politician is as convincing as Denise R
Fil
Feb 20, 2013 Fil rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Just couldn't like this one. I finished, but sometimes it felt like I read it, but what did I read?
Kathryn Parry
Feb 26, 2014 Kathryn Parry rated it it was amazing
Shelves: year2014
I am not really into vampire erotica but I did like this one. I also thought it was better than the first part. You could get away with reading this first as it is a completely different story.
Shaney
Aug 04, 2012 Shaney rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
very well written characters for such a short story
Tasha
Sep 12, 2016 Tasha rated it it was amazing
This is book #2 of Carnal Thirst and it is better than the first one. Alexei on a special mission to keep Council Rep. Briana Michaels out of harms way. Soon as the meet someone tries to kill her but she is no dummy, she fights back but is stopped by Alexei from getting injured. She has sex bot that Alexei hates and shuts down every chance he gets. This was more funny than it was serious and the sex was hot!!!! No it didn't involve the sex bot (get your minds out of the collective gutter ...more
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
This review was posted at Under the Covers

Special agents and politicians, sci fi and paranormal. This book was going for sexy and mysterious and although I think it got there, there was a little something missing that I can’t put my finger on.

Special Task Force Alexei Night is assigned the task of getting information out of Interstellar Councilwoman Briana Michaels. She’s human and has always expressed her views of vampire rights. But now there’s pressure to make her change things to protect her
Johanna Panko
Jan 30, 2014 Johanna Panko rated it did not like it
I'm really not sure what to think of this book other than I could of been wasting my time doing something other than read it. Okay maybe I'm being mean, but I'd like to think the story would draw me in and this one didn't. The android for a personal secretary....ugh.... I read this book before book one, so maybe I needed to read book one. I love most of Mrs Day's books but this one must of been an earlier one because I don't see her usual style.
Rosa Maria Garcia
Totally 5 Stars

The author knows how to spin an exciting, interesting plot with awesome characters and steamy love scenes. This is a must buy book because once you start reading it; you won't be able to put it down because it's just that awesome? Love reading about vampires so keep them coming.
Lily Flor
Aug 26, 2013 Lily Flor rated it liked it
I really enjoyed this book even though I didn't read the first book. I was really craving some more Sylvia Day after reading, Bared to you, which was amazing! and so this book will not disappoint. It's very sexy, the protagonists deliver some intense scenes. It is very fast pace so have your next book line up as you will finish this one extremely fast!
Marianne
So what's an immortal vampire and young human woman to do when her life is threatened. Have passionate sex with her would-be rescuer, of course;) Hot scenes, testosterone filled vamps, betrayal and a HEA. Not bad.
scc
May 15, 2016 scc rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
my thoughts

I loved this story. It showed so much emotion between the two people. So beautiful, I literally almost cried when I read the really bad part. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to read an action packed romance novel. Mrs. Day is a fantastic writer.
Elle the ClosetRomanceReader aka Leftie aka Shoebelle
I've read very few PNR, haven't decided if I'm a fan, but I'm a big Sylvia Day fan, that's for sure. It's a short story with a lot of steam and things happening really fast. But since I'm a fan, I enjoyed it regardless.
Irene
May 25, 2013 Irene rated it it was ok
I liked this one better than the first one, but still not enough to give it 3 stars. I don't really know what to write about it, except that the story is just not that interesting and the love scenes don't make up for it.
Renee
Oct 27, 2013 Renee rated it liked it
It was ok. Not as good as the first vampire book in this series. But well put together in such a short story.
Niquie
Apr 21, 2014 Niquie rated it liked it
Shelves: romance-erotica
2.75
Less sex than the previous book and more of a plot, but because it's so short it isn't as fleshed out as it could've been.
Shirley Owl
The first book I have read about vampires in space. Great bit of escapism with sex thrown into the mix. Made me smile - not a strong plot but who cares the book was fun.
Louise Bailey
Vampire s hott sex and trouble in space sums up both stories. Took me so long to read cuz I couldn't lose myself in it. Was a good read nice twist on last story.
Dean Moore
Dec 16, 2015 Dean Moore rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hot and sexy

Was short but very good! I will read it again. Keeps you wanting to read more. Hope the next book is as good as the first!
Stephanie
Feb 24, 2013 Stephanie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sylvia Day is always good. I do like the vampires with the future subject matter. The sex is always good!
Karen
Karen rated it liked it
Nov 08, 2012
Jenn
Jenn rated it liked it
Jan 27, 2015
Samantha
Samantha rated it it was amazing
Mar 02, 2016
Karen
Karen rated it liked it
Jul 08, 2013
Anna
Anna rated it really liked it
Apr 21, 2013
Shasha
Shasha rated it liked it
Nov 14, 2015
Myra
Myra rated it it was amazing
Jul 22, 2014
Anita
Anita rated it it was amazing
Jul 17, 2015
KT
KT rated it it was amazing
May 26, 2014
Kbird
Kbird rated it liked it
Dec 02, 2016
  • Eve of Warfare (Marked, #3.25)
  • The Promise of Love (Includes: Fast Track, #4.5; Shadow Stalkers, #1)
  • Magic and Mayhem
  • Alluring Tales: Hot Holiday Nights
  • Guns and Roses (Includes: PI Julie Collins; Bobbie Faye, #3.5; Rough Riders; Bullet Catcher; Shadow Stalkers, #3; Housewife Assassin)
  • White Hot Holidays Volume 2
  • Steamlust
  • Wicked Reads
  • Sinful in Spurs (Spurs and Stripes, #1)
  • 'Tis the Season to be Kissed
  • Heart of the Jaguar
  • Tempting Target
  • I Spy a Wicked Sin (Shado Agency, #1)
  • Tempted by Two
  • Got a Minute?: Sixty Second Erotica
  • The Breeder (Wasteland, #3)
19823
Sylvia Day (aka S. J. Day and Livia Dare) is the #1 New York Times, #1 USA Today, and #1 international bestselling author of over 20 award-winning novels sold in more than 40 countries. She is a #1 bestselling author in 28 countries, with tens of millions of copies of her books in print. Visit her at www.sylviaday.com, Facebook.com/AuthorSylviaDay and on Twitter @SylDay.
More about Sylvia Day...

Carnal Thirst (2 books)
  • Misled (Carnal Thirst, #1)