Start by marking “Misled (Carnal Thirst, #1)” as Want to Read:
Misled (Carnal Thirst, #1)

Misled (Carnal Thirst #1)

3.49 of 5 stars 3.49  ·  rating details  ·  1,417 ratings  ·  93 reviews
Special Task Force agent Derek Atkinson has a craving for luscious vamp Sable Taylor. But Sable’s a bounty hunter, which makes him direct competition in the capture of wanted criminals. Despite the obvious attraction between them, she won’t give him a chance and after two years, he’s tired of waiting for her to come around.

So he’s got a plan to give them both what they wan
Published October 5th 2005 (first published October 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Misled, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Misled

Dark Lover by J.R. WardLover Awakened by J.R. WardLover Eternal by J.R. WardLover Unbound by J.R. WardHalfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost
Hot Paranormal Romance
439th out of 1,138 books — 1,458 voters
Magic Bites by Ilona AndrewsHalfway to the Grave by Jeaniene FrostMoon Called by Patricia BriggsVampire Academy by Richelle MeadGuilty Pleasures by Laurell K. Hamilton
Kick Ass Female Heroines in Paranormal Genre
289th out of 558 books — 1,143 voters

More lists with this book...

Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
This review was posted at Under the Covers

Well, it is not often that I say this but there is such a thing as too much sex in a book. I usually enjoy Ms. Day's writing and the stories she comes up with, but in this mix of paranormal and sci-fi I have to say I think the actual storyline fell a bit short.

There is a story, it's not all sex 24/7, don't want to give you that impression. Sable is a bounty hunter and Derek is some sort of special agent. Sable is trying to bring in some big guys and Der

Sylvia Day is best known for her contemporary romance Crossfire series (which I love!) but she has also written a lot of other stories varying from historical romances to erotic science fiction like Misledand the Carnal Thirst series. I snagged this story from Amazon months ago when it was offered as a freebie but for some reason (probably my mountain of a to be read pile!) I'd hadn't got around to picking it up until recently.

Sable is an undercover agent posing as a bounty hunter while
Joana
**2.5 stars**

Sable is a bounty hunter and Derek is a Special Task Force, and for the past 2 years their paths keep colliding, besides their competition, it's unmistakable their attraction for each other. But Sable keeps putting him off, until the day he decides to do something about it...

This story mixes sci-fi and paranormal, Sable and Derek are vampires, and there are several references to space ships and confederations and so on. So this being a short story, there isn't much room for world bu
Kira Shayde
This was the first book I've read by Sylvia Day. I am blown away by her sentence structure and her use of words. She describes things in such novel, interesting ways. There wasn't a single unedited sentence in the book. Not a single time did I roll my eyes at a cliche.

In terms of pure sexual pleasure, I prefer the way Lora Leigh does a sex scene. Lora Leigh often uses her sex scene words over and over, but the words themselves get me hot and bothered. I just can't say that about the sex scenes i
Sharona
This was a one day read for me. I enjoyed this book and am happy I discovered this author. There is a LOT of sex in this book and not much plot. Please understand that is NOT a complaint, Haha. The sex scenes are very well written and very passionate. I believe that every sexual encounter was necessary to fully understand the characters. I recommend this book for passionate vampire lovers! A must.
Kjen
2.5 stars*** It was not that bad for a short story. I like the author...Bared To You was excellent, but this lacked the same feel. She does write awesome love scenes, but the character motivations lacked depth. I always feel that way with novellas...don't know why I keep reading them.
Darcy
I really like this author, so I was surprised that after reading 1/3 of this one I gave it up. I can't quite put my finger on it, but it just didn't grab me or could keep my attention. I didn't really care for either character. In the end this one just wasn't for me.
Nicky
It never ceases to amaze me how much actual plot and story Sylvia Day manages to get into her books because there's just SO much sex. And this novella wasn't any different. Very interesting story that kept me involved all the way to the end.
Beth
Oct 13, 2013 Beth rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: vamps
Good PNR/vampire read but the futuristic setting made it a little far fetched. The plot was a little loose but it was still a quick read & am willing to try the next book in this Carnal Thirst series.
Maybe if this were a novel vs. a novella there wouldn't be the jarring jumps in action, logic, and story. Steamy sex scenes, interesting world, though.
Rebecca Large
I love Sylvia Day's books so whilst waiting for the new Crossfire editions I thought I would give this a go.

Was pleasantly surprised that this was paranormal but it is almost verging on SyFy at times but would have loved a little bit more of an expansion on this.

I loved the animalistic side of the vampires and that they had to try to contain it. I would have a loved a love triangle with Derek, Sable and Marius would have been interesting to say the least.

I would recommend this as an in between l
Alyson

I found a book by Sylvia Day that I don't like...

Well, I liked the vampire part of the book. Derek and Sable were awesome characters.
What I didn't like (and get) was the futuristic setting. I didn't get who/what was the Federation, the Council, IAB and their ships and I just didn't get it. Maybe it would've been wiser to explain it in the first chapter?

Anyway, if you like dystopia and vampires, this book's for you. Sadly it wasn't for me...
Sadie Forsythe
I grabbed Mislead from my local library. It is sci-fi erotica (erotic spcae-opera?) with the added bonus of vampires. Yep, vampires. I have to admit vampires in space was a new one for me. The only other examples I can think of are a couple B rated flicks from the 90s and the Sunset, Pact Arcanum series, which is in a whole different genre.

Interesting choice of characters aside, this was essentially a couple hundred pages of two vampires having copious amounts of sex. It eventually felt a littl
Kim
Seriously not sure why I even bothered to finish reading this.

I liked her most recent series so I gave this a shot but…. the vampire / fantasy / futuristic world wasn't believable; the romance was [badly] contrived; and the sex was …meh.

Don't waste your time.
Jo Smith
Hot horny sex. Strong characters, a story structure that keeps you on the edge of your seat. Breathtakingly artistic as a writer, you are guided through every scene - watching the action unfurl in front of you.
Trish
3 Stars = I liked it :)

Something really different from Sylvia Day, you're dropped into the middle of a universe of vampirism and interstellar intrigue.

The sex scenes are hot.

The story is very short and left me wanting more.
Sheila Lord
I got the book because I live Sylvia Days books but this one wasn't for me..... It was a good read if you like futuristic style stuff.... What did hold my interest is I like vampires I give it a 3 1/2
Nelta
Vampires soaring through the universe hunting down criminals....
I felt this book was missing something.....but certainly not hot , steamy, very descriptive sex scenes....plenty of that...
Karen Burrello
Another Hit

Another Hit

Erotica at its best. A quick read. I loved the characters and the sex scenes were very hot. Paranormal Romance.
Kathryn Parry
I found this a little repetitive at times, also I am not really into the vampire thing but I thought I would pick this up because it was a Sylvia Day's novel.
Erica Ramsey
Holy Fuck! So unbelievably sexy! And animalistic! Once again Sylvia Day's unequivocal writting skills have BLOWN my mind! Loved this!
Nadine
Vampires doing Cowboy Bebop while having lots and lots of sex... I pictures something else when I read the description tbh.
Lenora
Jul 10, 2014 Lenora rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelves: dnf
Got this off the Google Play Store for free, thank god.

Couldn't make it past the prologue. So fucking cheesy.
Monique
This is my first venture into the writings of Sylvia Day and while I really enjoyed the story, I only gave it a three star rating because there were details missing that I feel is essentially important. I realize because this is only a novella that most details had to be left out, but I really think a few more words about the characters and the universe they were in would have made the story so much more gripping to the reader. The sex scenes were fantastically written albeit a little over the t ...more
Kimberly Maupin taylor
This book was great! A mix between suspense and romance and then betrayal. Loved it!
Molli
So this book is really not for the conservative reader! LOL1 That being said, I liked the characters and what storyline was there was decent.
Sharon Kennedy
Not too sure if space age vampires works for me, but it was OK.
Ruth Rika
I really tried to like it... I read is all I can say!
Chrisabel
Another great read from Sylvia Day. It was a great start to a New series.
Audra
I love Sylvia Day, but this book was just too much. I couldn't finish.
  • Magic and Mayhem
  • Alluring Tales: Awaken the Fantasy
  • The Promise of Love (Includes: Fast Track, #4.5; Shadow Stalkers, #1)
  • Take Me (The Untouchables, #1)
  • Alpha Mine (The Alpha Council Chronicles, #1)
  • More Than Blood (Arcane Crossbreeds, #1)
  • Blood Knot (Blood Stone, #1)
  • Out of the Dark (Forbidden Love, #1)
  • Smoldering Nights (Underground Encounters, #1)
  • Wicked Reads
  • Blood Mate
  • Immoral: Tales of a Vampire Hunter (#1)
  • Utter Domination
  • False Pretenses
  • Covet (Vampire Erotic Theatre #1)
  • What Are Friends For?
  • The Mating Seduction (Werewolves of Montana, #3)
  • Claimed by the Marine
19823
Sylvia Day (aka S. J. Day and Livia Dare) is the #1 New York Times and #1 international bestselling author of over 20 award-winning novels sold in more than 40 countries. She is a #1 bestselling author in 23 countries, with tens of millions of copies of her books in print. Her Crossfire series has been optioned for television by Lionsgate. Visit her at www.sylviaday.com, Facebook.com/AuthorSylviaD ...more
More about Sylvia Day...
Bared to You (Crossfire, #1) Reflected in You (Crossfire, #2) Entwined with You (Crossfire, #3) Afterburn (Afterburn & Aftershock, #1) Seven Years to Sin