Start by marking “Legs” as Want to Read:
Legs

Legs

Whose romance are you reliving 100 years later?

SO IF LOVE NEVER DIES, THEN where does it go? Recurring dreams haunt history scholar Jill Knowles. Sometimes she's in a foreign country, where a lover betrays her, wearing clothes from a century ago. Sometimes she's making love with the same man, dreams so erotic that she wakes up burning with desire.

Fellow grad student Seth
Published June 11th 2011 by Prosaic

To ask other readers questions about Legs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Legs

Karen Fowler
Jul 29, 2011 Karen Fowler rated it it was amazing
Don't be fooled by billing of this novel as merely a steamy romance. While the novel packs some substantial heat and there is a romance, LEGS is multi-layered, enchanting even, and I devoured it fairly quickly. Bad timing, misunderstandings and foolish pride stand in the way of love and I found myself gripping my e-reader as I plowed through the novel to see what happened next. The little bit of paranormal foreshadowing left me eager to read the next one as well.

Alibeck writes with crisp, somet
Ruth Albarran
The story starts with the description of each character and their point of view of their surroundings and dreams. When the characters are together for the first time, the story goes into a well and carefully written encounter that does not leave anything to the imagination. it shows that the characters craved for each other but never acted upon it.

After Chapter 3 the characters give in to their cravings and the story goes into an intense encounter that could possibly complicate their relationshi
Mirrani
Apr 22, 2012 Mirrani rated it liked it
I admit to being more interested in the "contemporary" part of this title than the "romance" idea. I read the introduction to the book and found myself caught up in the idea of two lovers from the past finding each other in a new lifetime. I was only disappointed by the length of time given to this idea.

The interactions between the characters are well handled and thankfully lacking in the most obvious four letter words thrown in to some novels of this type. The descriptions were mild and their r
Rhonda
Jul 29, 2011 Rhonda rated it liked it
It seemed to steamy for me,not much to story line if you took out the sex scenes.
Jill was riding the bus on her way to school and saw a guy with great legs.Finally looking up to finding Seth the coworker thats shares her office. Seth did basicly the same thing. they hold hands rest of bus ride. Then get in office have sex.
then they find out both got research grants for thier doctor thiese. She is going to Canada .Seth is going to chili.
Next 6 weeks they are making plans to see each other every 3
Quentin Stewart
Oct 23, 2011 Quentin Stewart rated it it was amazing
I found Harper Alibeck's LEGS and good and interesting book. It is a story about two people, after finding each other, have trouble staying together because of the insecurity of one Jill. I found the setting in a graduate school as an interesting place to start the story but as the book goes along one realizes that these two lives were tied together by more then just physical attraction. Have they been drawn together by the people that they are researching? It is an interesting story and concept ...more
Tiffany Tinkham-Graves
Jan 17, 2015 Tiffany Tinkham-Graves rated it it was amazing
What happens when two people dream about each other, but shows them from 100 years before? A romance ensues! That's what this couple has to figure out, their relationship, before it turns into tragedy like one from years past.

Interesting read and couldn't put it down. It held me captivated.
Riana Elizabeth
May 02, 2012 Riana Elizabeth rated it it was ok
Although the detail put into the explanation of dissertation research was interesting, there really wasn't much to the plot of this book.
The reason it scored below average is that this type of genre (past lives, relationship misunderstanding) has been done to death and there wasn't much to distinguish it. The resolution was too pat. Eroticism was forced and unrealistic, and also felt a bit rape-ish (past lives characters were too distinct from present lives characters, making it seem as if prese
Megan
Jul 17, 2012 Megan rated it really liked it
Romance isn't my typical genre because the sex scenes leave me waffling between feeling like I'm letting my husband down in the bedroom and hearing an internal soundtrack of "you kiss your children with the mouth that's attached to the head that houses the eyes that read this smut?"

But this book? LEGS was nothing like that. It was entertaining from page one and I was wrapped up in the characters and their story almost immediately. The sex scenes were perfectly scripted. It's an obviously well-re
J. Ewbank
Jul 26, 2011 J. Ewbank rated it liked it
Shelves: a-good-read, romance
This book by Alibeck is a decent read. The two main characters are kept on scene throughout the book and you grow to like them. Just like any romance they come together and then have problems that separate them and finally they get back together. It is done well enough on the separation that you understand the thinking of both parties and pull for them to get together.

J. Robert Ewbank author "John Wesley, Natural Man, and the 'Isms'"
Cheryl
Sep 19, 2012 Cheryl rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
This was a good story. I liked it because it was your normal romance book. I liked the reincarnation stuff (even though I don't believe in it). Soul mates finding each other. Each having what amounts to "half" a dream. The other having the other "half". Dreams so vivid that they arouse, if you get my meaning. I enjoyed this and am going to look for the prequel to read about John & Lilith.
Carin
Sep 09, 2015 Carin rated it liked it
I can barely choke out 3 stars for this, not because the writing isn't good (it's actually pretty decent, for the most part), it's the fact that Jill, the protagonist is such a fool, makes stupid choices...by the time the book ended, I no longer cared what happened between her and Seth. This wasn't a romance, this was a torture session.
Sandy D.
Jun 24, 2011 Sandy D. rated it really liked it
Alibeck's romance is a sensual ride, with interesting and intelligent characters (a couple of graduate students), fascinating settings and history - makes me want to go to Chile! - and a satisfying story line. It's a bargain for $2.99, and I'm looking forward to reading more in the series.
Nikki
Mar 22, 2013 Nikki rated it it was amazing
This book was fantastic, loved the story concept and I love past lives stories
Dragana
Sep 11, 2016 Dragana marked it as tbr-freebies
Just grabbed this for free from Amazon store. I like the idea for the plot...
Mitzi
May 29, 2012 Mitzi marked it as to-read
Free Kindle book May 29, 2012.
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2016
Melissa Banda
Melissa Banda marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2016
Shelly Pfeiffer
Shelly Pfeiffer rated it it was amazing
Jun 16, 2016
Joyce
Joyce added it
Jun 14, 2016
Shannon Zak
Shannon Zak rated it it was amazing
May 10, 2016
Amanda
Amanda added it
May 06, 2016
GBK
GBK added it
Apr 18, 2016
Monalisa
Monalisa marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2016
Zee
Zee marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2016
Dee
Dee marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2016
Jo Notary
Jo Notary marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2016
Colleen
Colleen marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2016
Dawn Luker
Dawn Luker rated it it was amazing
Dec 26, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Legs is a work of fiction, of course, but it incorporates my personal experiences in Santiago, Chile, during a long research trip. The sights, sounds, scents (and nasal congestion!) of Santiago all feed into the storyline in Legs, and the charming city of Santiago is, in some ways, a third main character in the book.

While travelling, I developed mild culture shock and turned to a small used paperb
More about Harper Alibeck...