Start by marking “Paddington At Large” as Want to Read:
Blank-133x176
Paddington At Large

Michael Bond

Paddington At Large (Paddington Bear #5)

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  702 ratings  ·  20 reviews
There"ll always be an England, but the old place has never been quite the same since the Brown children came across a small lost bear in London"s Paddington Station. Whether tinkering with the neighbor"s lawn mower or experimenting in the kitchen, Paddington has a knack for finding trouble.
In this new edition of Paddington at Large, the well-meaning bear with a talent for
Published by Collins (first published April 27th 1963)

To ask other readers questions about Paddington At Large, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Paddington At Large

Peter
Apr 22, 2008 Peter marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Paddington at Large? As in Paddington on the lamb? What crime could that cute little Snuggles-doppelganger have possibly committed?
Scott
I can't believe i never read these before, each volume in the 12 book set i have is a delight, this is number 5. Mr Brown (Paddington to you and me)has more fantastic everyday adventures with a spot of gardening and an impromptu trip on a lawnmower. Next up is a day out in the park with Mr Gruber, and the bandstand, it is never going to go smoothly with Paddington around. Then the Browns get a new televisoin set, and Paddington catches an intruder in the house. Paddington then gathers everyone r ...more
Jen Pritchard
Paddington's answers to the questions on the game show were excellent and I rate them as the funniest moment in the book. As always the illustrations by Peggy Fortnum are lovely. They add a lot to the story!!
Jo
I love Paddington.. and this was a humorous and great book
Seth
I really enjoyed this series (that which I read anyway). Though the writing is formulaic in nature and doesn't really change much, Paddington never disappoints. He is always getting into something in his ignorant, innocent fashion. These books aren't very deep or thought-provoking, but they make a good read for younger readers and those who enjoy plays on words. Very similar to series such as Miss Pickerel, Marty the Martian, Amelia Bedelia, etc.
Christine
Oct 25, 2008 Christine rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Christine by: my mom
I didn't like this book as much as the other ones though. It is still a nice story, but still not as great as the others. I don't think this is the first one, but I could be mistaken. You really don't have to read them in order if you would like to read the series. My favorite one is "A Bear Called Paddington", although I have only read about three of the stories. I would recomend them to slower readers and no people that like long novels.
mtthw
i have a box set of these books that were given to me as a child. i always wanted to like marmalade as a kid and made my mom buy it at the store all the time, but i just never like it. i do now. funny how tastebuds change.
Jeandana
This book was super cute and fun :) I love Paddington and the scrapes he gets himself into! I particularly liked the chapter about the game show; Paddington really out-does himself! Definitely a great book :)
Caroline
Loved these as a child, & have bought them for my 5 year old niece for Christmas. She's an advanced reader for her age!
Lisa Hartmann Jensen
What can I say? I truly love Paddington.
He is so innocent and things just don't end up they way he plans them.
Damien Malcolm
Another fun romp in the world of Paddington. Kids love it, especially when I do the character voices.
Juliana
started it like friday i think :-?
i finished this on thursday
Ria
As with the others, very entertaining and witty stories.
Beverly
Another charming tale of A bear from Peru.
Hannah
Jan 18, 2012 Hannah rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who likes humor
Recommended to Hannah by: Miss Kathy
I REALLY thought is was cute and funny!
Elya
Elya marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2014
Saitb
Saitb added it
Dec 26, 2014
Suchitra
Suchitra marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2014
Kalina
Kalina marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2014
Julien Klettenberg
Julien Klettenberg is currently reading it
Dec 21, 2014
Gergana
Gergana marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
  • Old Mother West Wind
  • Harry Cat's Pet Puppy
  • The Adventures of Paddy the Beaver (Dover Children's Thrift Classics)
  • Angelina and Alice
  • Centerburg Tales: More Adventures of Homer Price
  • Otis Spofford (Ellen & Otis, #2)
  • The Drinking Gourd: A Story of the Underground Railroad
  • The Borrowers Afloat (The Borrowers #3)
  • Henry Reed's Journey
  • More Stories from Grandma's Attic (Grandma's Attic, #2)
  • More Adventures of the Great Brain (Great Brain #2)
  • The Tale of Mrs. Tittlemouse
  • Thursday's Child
  • Encyclopedia Brown Keeps the Peace (Encyclopedia Brown, #6)
Michael Bond OBE is an English children's author. He is the creator of Paddington Bear and has written about the adventures of a guinea pig named Olga da Polga, as well as the animated BBC TV series The Herbs. Bond also writes culinary mystery stories for adults featuring Monsieur Pamplemousse and his faithful bloodhound, Pommes Frites.
More about Michael Bond...
A Bear Called Paddington (Paddington, #1) More About Paddington (Paddington, #2) Paddington Abroad (Paddington Bear, #4) Paddington Bear Paddington Helps Out (Paddington, #3)