Start by marking “More about Paddington (Paddington book 2)” as Want to Read:
More about Paddington (Paddington book 2)

More about Paddington (Paddington Bear #2)

4.16  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,217 Ratings  ·  66 Reviews
This new revised edition of the second book about Paddington captures all the playfulness of the incorrigible little bear. Living with the Brown family in London, Paddington has a talent for getting into trouble. His intentions are always the best, but he is seldom far from disaster. While his independent spirit and curious nature often get him into sticky situations, Padd ...more
Published October 29th 2001 by HMH Books for Young Readers (first published 1959)

To ask other readers questions about More about Paddington, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about More about Paddington

Caroline
May 20, 2015 Caroline rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Caroline by: Kirsty
There are several ways in which joining Goodreads has changed my reading habits, a good example of this being that I now sometimes re-read books that I enjoyed as a child. This is largely due to Kirsty's influence. Her relishing of children's books has been most contagious :-)

This time the treat was a book about Paddington bear.

Paddington small

Paddington 1 small

His life is full of well meant plans that go wildly askew, warm and forgiving friendships (he is often in need of forgiveness), and great and puzzling conundrums for a
Felicity
May 18, 2013 Felicity rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another brilliant and hilarious installment about Paddington and his adventures. My favourite chapter has to be when he attempts to decorate his room and accidently wallpapers the door! I couldn't stop laughing when I read the sentence: "I'm a patriotic man said Mr Brown but I draw the line at bears playing the national anthem at 6 am. Especially on the xylophone." Pure genius.
Rosemary Sullivan
I am so excited there is "More About Paddington," because I can't get enough of this sweet, innocent, little troublemaker. His intentions are good, but things always go awry. But like the author Michael Bond wrote, people always benefit from the fixes Paddington gets himself into,"however tenuously."

I laughed out loud several times while reading about the intrepid bear's adventures in this book, which include celebrating Christmas and his birthday. Paddington attempts to become, among other thi
Ruth
Sep 01, 2015 Ruth rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Podling 4's current crush on Paddington guarantees that I'll be catching up on all of the books in the days to come. She's gotten to the point that she likes to predict exactly what's going to go wrong in each story, and we're both enjoying trying to anticipate what Paddington's going to do next. (It's never anything good, and the fact that Paddington is able to remain loved by the Browns after precipitating disaster after disaster is no doubt part of the draw for this particular child.)
Ms. Yingling
Nov 30, 2014 Ms. Yingling rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Paddington is still living with the Browns, getting into scrapes and being washed up by Mrs. Bird, the housekeeper. He tries to redecorate a room on his own, tries to take a family picture with an old fashioned box camera, and does some Christmas shopping. Along the way, he has elevenses with his friend Mr. Gruber, learns about Guy Fawkes day, and eats his fair share of orange marmalade.
Strengths: There is nothing depressing in this book. Hooray! Even though Paddington is far from home and his A
Robin Rowles
Jan 30, 2015 Robin Rowles rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
More About Paddington is a truly delightful read. I find his adventures most amusing. In his own words "Things happen to me - I'm that sort of bear!"
Paddington is kind hearted, but not everything goes to plan, despite his confidence! I particularly enjoyed chapter two, A Spot of Decorating - it's absolutely hilarious, and I can imagine it will be a favourite chapter for many readers. Yes, Paddington encounters lots of adventures, and his antics are fun and lovable! I look forward to reading more
Jessica
Apr 10, 2015 Jessica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kidlit, own, read-aloud
Just as charming as the first! These little stories (each chapter is a separate adventure) are so sweet and funny, and the perfect length for a bedtime read aloud! The kids are still giggling (days later) about the Bonfire Night episode.
Eliza
Jan 27, 2015 Eliza rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
Just like the first book, this was a great book. More nice and funny adventures of a bear called Paddington. I love it. My new resolution is to buy and read one new Paddington book every year!
Logan
I bought the CD sets of this and A Bear Called Paddington with Logan was almost 4. We have listened to them countless times in the car and love them. In this book, Fry realized that Mr Gruber was a Hungarian immigrant and so changed his accent and we both found that a little confusing, but other than that, this recording is just as charming and funny as the first. These are unabridged and Stephen Fry is amazing with different regional accents to help make it clear who is talking. I've tried read ...more
Charity
Feb 03, 2016 Charity rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids
This book has taught my son a lot of things, like about what Guy Fawkes Day is (information that he needed to understand a reference in the Simpsons episode we watched today (the Mary Poppins parody from season eight)) and that you can lose yourself in a room by wall-papering over the door and window (which also he saw in a Shaun the Sheep episode).

I've mostly given up trying to read the dialogue in accents, except for the words of Mrs. Bird, who sounds right with a Maine accent, even though I k
Aylea
Mar 07, 2016 Aylea rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This review published by Brigham Young University's The Children's Book and Media Review

Paddington is still living with the Browns and still inadvertently causing a lot of trouble. Although his intentions are always good, his plans always go wrong! Each chapter of the book tells a different story about the charming troublemaker from Darkest Peru. He tries to become a detective, a house painter, a snowbear, and a photographer. He learns about different holiday traditions like Guy Fawkes Day and C
Christina
The second book about Paddington. Still an amazing, cozy and funny read. He is the sweetest little bear. In the first book we followed Paddington as he moved into the Brown's home - in this book, he's a bit more settled and we follow him celebrate christmas and Guy Fawkes day, experimenting with being a decorator, a photographer and a detective and other stories - lots of opportunities for Paddington to get into trouble!
David
Mar 24, 2009 David rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Easy to read. My daughter seems to like the series so It looks like I will be reading them all at some point. It's a classic and very tame for my tastes. Simple stories for kids. I like the way Paddington always gets into messes but never hurts anyone or anything. He is a very lovable bear.
Donna
Mar 02, 2014 Donna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In my search for all things Stephen Fry (& Hugh Laurie), this book came up with Fry's narration. So I HAD to give it a listen. Plus I love stuffed bears, and this did remind me of taking my little brother to the library. Paddington became a favorite of mine when I read to him!!
Victoria
Dec 29, 2014 Victoria rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
love reading about paddington's wacky adventures!!! :)
Mary
Jan 12, 2015 Mary rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've decided that I like Paddington even better than Winnie-the-Pooh. He amuses me to no end! I can't believe I didn't read these as a child. The scrapes that he gets into are laugh-out-loud funny. Great choice for family read-alouds.
Nicole
Apr 16, 2015 Nicole rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What can I say, another lovely childbook about the clumsily , charming bear from darkest Peru who are discovering the world and stumbling from one adventure into the next :)
Thebruce1314
Paddington is always getting into mischief, even when he's not. How could anyone not love him?
Dean
Jul 05, 2015 Dean rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
As it started out, I wasn't enjoying this too much. It is definitely geared towards young children, and it doesn't have the extra depth that the Winnie the Pooh stories have to appeal to adults at the same time. These are simple stories with a bear representing children. As each chapter (each basically stand alone story, although they are loosely connected) progressed, I found myself warming up to Paddington and the stories. I can better see and understand how these stories have continued in pop ...more
Mark
Another collection of the (mis)adventures of Paddington Bear.
This collection features Paddington trying his hand at amateur detective work, decorating his room, finding out about Bonfire Night and attending a firework display (health and safety would have a field day with this story!), going Christmas shopping and enjoying his first Christmas with his adopted family.
As before, all the stories are very enjoyable and easy to read. It's a pleasure seeing things through Paddington's innocent eyes.
On
Jose Luis
Más historias del oso que vive con una familia en Londres. Si te gustó el primero, te gustará este. Yo volví a sufrirlo, puesto que el mentado Paddington me sigue chocando.
Entiendo el encanto que tiene para muchos, pues los personajes torpes que causan destrozos son divertidos (Mr. Bean y Chespirito, por ejemplo). De hecho, Paddington es igualito al Chavo del Ocho. Pero he aquí la parte que me molesta: imagínense que al Chavo en vez de regañarlo, de ponerlo a corregir lo que hizo, de que se di
Gaele
A perennial favorite since first released in 1959, Michael Bond has hit upon a story that is sure to please many. One step more difficult in reading level than the Pooh stories, Paddington’s tales are perfect for devouring all at once, or that one chapter before bed.

Paddington is a bear from deepest darkest Peru, arriving in London with a tag on his coat-toggle requesting that someone ‘please take care of this bear”. Fortunately he was found by the Browns: Mr. and Mrs. Brown, their two children
Tracy Terry
Jan 23, 2015 Tracy Terry rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What turned out to be seven stories that I already had in the omnibus edition of Paddington stories, A Bear Called Paddington. Not that I minded as you can't get enough of the lovable bear from darkest Peru, right?

A big fan of the stories from childhood. To this day I still adore reading of this marmalade loving bear's adventures and can't wait for my great-nephews to be old enough to enjoy them with me just as did their mother (now 25) (and her brother, 21) before them.

Copyright: Tracy Terry @
Luzali
Mar 09, 2015 Luzali rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Libro #10 del año
No sé si haberlo leiído de niña hubiera hecho alguna diferencia con mi opinión sobre el libro. Me parece muy por encimita, que sea un libro para niños no significa que no puedan escarbarle un poco más al asunto. Como que había situaciones cómicas que para mi gusto no terminaban de cuajar. Pero no puedo decir que lo odio o qu eno me haya gustado.
Lo que más me gustó: que haya sido un regalo de mi hermano en mi cumpleaños num 31

el que yo tengo es otra edición pero no pude encontr
Elizabeth
Jun 25, 2009 Elizabeth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reading-to-mara
Now Mara's favorite book- we keep rereading the "do it yourself" story where Paddington attempts to make a magazine rack.

This is the sort of book which is fun for an adult to read out loud, with a similar appeal to Winnie the Pooh or E.B. White novels. In each chapter, Paddington somehow manages to get into trouble in the course of daily life in London with the Brown family.

Unfortunately, a lot of explaining is involved. Many children might not have the patience or will to understand and I some
Gianna Mosser
Jun 11, 2015 Gianna Mosser rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This one felt even shorter than the last one. Perhaps Paddington is so pleasurable it seems to be fleeting. Atticus was particularly curious this time about why Judy and Jonathan sleep away at school, and in the way old time cameras worked. Charming in an affected way by all its British nostalgia, but delicious all the same. And the Christmas chapter is enough to warm anyone's heart.
Chris
Mar 23, 2015 Chris rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was a very enjoyable, really quick read and really easy to read children's chapter book. It had really well-written illustrations, great characters, very good humor, great adventures and really good stories. I haven't read this book in a very long time. I'm looking forward to read more adventures with Paddington Bear. I recommend this book to kids and adults alike.
Paula
Aug 18, 2015 Paula rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Still delightful, though some of the things are a little more dated than in the 1st book. Charming and fun to read to a child. Paddington still works because he's a curious bear who is often naughty by accident...just like children.
Sheri Struk
Mar 29, 2016 Sheri Struk rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Paddington is a bear who is constantly on an adventure. In this book, he does all sorts of amusing things. While sometimes the events are predictable, they are still very entertaining. I read this series when I was a kid and it's fun to go through it again with my kids.
Goodreads Librari...: No Page Count, 0006753434 3 17 Jan 15, 2015 12:34AM
  • Old Mother West Wind
  • Harry Cat's Pet Puppy
  • Poppleton And Friends (Poppleton)
  • Uppo-Nalle (Uppo-Nalle, #1)
  • Henry and the Clubhouse (Henry, #5)
  • Happy Times in Noisy Village
  • Koiramäen talossa
  • Tiitiäisen satupuu
  • The Tale of Johnny Town-Mouse
Michael Bond OBE is an English children's author. He is the creator of Paddington Bear and has written about the adventures of a guinea pig named Olga da Polga, as well as the animated BBC TV series The Herbs. Bond also writes culinary mystery stories for adults featuring Monsieur Pamplemousse and his faithful bloodhound, Pommes Frites.
More about Michael Bond...

Paddington Bear (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • A Bear Called Paddington (Paddington, #1)
  • Paddington Helps Out (Paddington, #3)
  • Paddington Abroad (Paddington Bear, #4)
  • Paddington at Large (Paddington, #5)
  • Paddington Marches on (Paddington, #6)
  • Paddington at Work (Paddington, #7)
  • Paddington Goes to Town (Paddington, #8)
  • Paddington Takes the Air (Paddington, #9)
  • Paddington On Top (Paddington, #10)
  • Paddington Takes the Test (Paddington, #11)

“There was such a hullabaloo going on it was difficult to write up the notes in his scrapbook.” 0 likes