Start by marking “More about Paddington (Paddington book 2)” as Want to Read:
More about Paddington (Paddington book 2)

More about Paddington (Paddington Bear #2)

4.1 of 5 stars 4.10  ·  rating details  ·  682 ratings  ·  30 reviews
This new revised edition of the second book about Paddington captures all the playfulness of the incorrigible little bear. Living with the Brown family in London, Paddington has a talent for getting into trouble. His intentions are always the best, but he is seldom far from disaster. While his independent spirit and curious nature often get him into sticky situations, Padd...more
Published October 29th 2001 by HMH Books for Young Readers (first published 1959)

To ask other readers questions about More about Paddington, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about More about Paddington

Caroline
Aug 30, 2014 Caroline rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Caroline by: Kirsty
Shelves: bedtime-reading
There are several ways in which joining Goodreads has changed my reading habits, a good example of this being that I now sometimes re-read books that I enjoyed as a child. This is largely due to Kirsty's influence. Her relishing of children's books has been most contagious :-)

This time the treat was a book about Paddington bear.

Paddington small

Paddington 1 small

His life is full of well meant plans that go wildly askew, warm and forgiving friendships (he is often in need of forgiveness), and great and puzzling conundrums for a...more
Rosemary
I am so excited there is "More About Paddington," because I can't get enough of this sweet, innocent, little troublemaker. His intentions are good, but things always go awry. But like the author Michael Bond wrote, people always benefit from the fixes Paddington gets himself into,"however tenuously."

I laughed out loud several times while reading about the intrepid bear's adventures in this book, which include celebrating Christmas and his birthday. Paddington attempts to become, among other thi...more
Rita-Marie
Oct 31, 2007 Rita-Marie rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Children Trapped in an Adult's Body
...because Paddington is like comfort food...animals and London...two of my fav things!
Elizabeth
Now Mara's favorite book- we keep rereading the "do it yourself" story where Paddington attempts to make a magazine rack.

This is the sort of book which is fun for an adult to read out loud, with a similar appeal to Winnie the Pooh or E.B. White novels. In each chapter, Paddington somehow manages to get into trouble in the course of daily life in London with the Brown family.

Unfortunately, a lot of explaining is involved. Many children might not have the patience or will to understand and I some...more
Donna
In my search for all things Stephen Fry (& Hugh Laurie), this book came up with Fry's narration. So I HAD to give it a listen. Plus I love stuffed bears, and this did remind me of taking my little brother to the library. Paddington became a favorite of mine when I read to him!!
Logan
I bought the CD sets of this and A Bear Called Paddington with Logan was almost 4. We have listened to them countless times in the car and love them. In this book, Fry realized that Mr Gruber was a Hungarian immigrant and so changed his accent and we both found that a little confusing, but other than that, this recording is just as charming and funny as the first. These are unabridged and Stephen Fry is amazing with different regional accents to help make it clear who is talking. I've tried read...more
Thebruce1314
Paddington is always getting into mischief, even when he's not. How could anyone not love him?
Tara Calaby
Re-reading my Paddington books to see whether I can cull them. He was never one of my enormous favourites as a kid, although I did like the stories. As an adult, I find them cute, if a little repetitive, and amusing in terms of the very upper middle class life they manage to convey despite the presence of a Peruvian bear in the family.

If I were planning on kids, I'd keep this to read to them. I'm not, however, and I can't really see myself reading it again. A pleasant childhood memory instead o...more
Mary
I've decided that I like Paddington even better than Winnie-the-Pooh. He amuses me to no end! I can't believe I didn't read these as a child. The scrapes that he gets into are laugh-out-loud funny. Great choice for family read-alouds.
Kailey
I can always tell my true level of stress by what book I choose to read. The more stressed I am, the simpler and shorter the book. Examples: When I'm not stressed, I'm reading "Daniel Deronda" (900 pages) or some huge Dickens novel. When I'm very stressed, I read "Little Women" and "Anne of Green Gables." Guess my level of stress now.... I'm reading "Paddington Bear."

Simple children's books soothe and calm me when I'm stressed. Dear old Paddington!
Nicole
What can I say, another lovely childbook about the clumsily , charming bear from darkest Peru who are discovering the world and stumbling from one adventure into the next :)
Christina
The second book about Paddington. Still an amazing, cozy and funny read. He is the sweetest little bear. In the first book we followed Paddington as he moved into the Brown's home - in this book, he's a bit more settled and we follow him celebrate christmas and Guy Fawkes day, experimenting with being a decorator, a photographer and a detective and other stories - lots of opportunities for Paddington to get into trouble!
Felicity
Another brilliant and hilarious installment about Paddington and his adventures. My favourite chapter has to be when he attempts to decorate his room and accidently wallpapers the door! I couldn't stop laughing when I read the sentence: "I'm a patriotic man said Mr Brown but I draw the line at bears playing the national anthem at 6 am. Especially on the xylophone." Pure genius.
Paddington the bear lives with the Brown Family in London and constantly keeps them on their toes. Whether it's redecorating his room or becoming a detective, Paddington is always surprising his family with his new adventures. Despite the trouble he causes, Paddington's family wouldn't want to live without him. Cute story.
David
Easy to read. My daughter seems to like the series so It looks like I will be reading them all at some point. It's a classic and very tame for my tastes. Simple stories for kids. I like the way Paddington always gets into messes but never hurts anyone or anything. He is a very lovable bear.
Kaethe
Much to my sorrow, neither of the Offspring has been at all interested in Paddington. I still love him, although I haven't actually read the books in YEARS.

Hm. Can't wait to see what they cherish nostalgically when they're my age.
mtthw
i have a box set of these books that were given to me as a child. i always wanted to like marmalade as a kid and made my mom buy it at the store all the time, but i just never like it. i do now. funny how tastebuds change.
Christina
Another sweet and funny book about Paddington, which was entertaining to both my children (but not so interesting to me- hello, earbuds :).
Scott
Many mischievous bear shaped adventures including some detecting, decorating, bonfires, snowbears and christmas presents.
Catherine Stremlau
Not as good as the first, but still many delightful adventures for my son and I to share.
Karen Heart
Love these soooo much! Even better when read by Stephen Fry.
Ria
A really good sequel with many more adventures of Paddington.
Michael Bacon
As much of a delight as the first Paddington book.
Beverly
A continuing story of a wonderful little bear.
Denae
It was a fun book. I don't remember much more.
  • The Adventures of Peter Cottontail
  • Henry and the Clubhouse (Henry, #5)
  • The Secret at the Seashore
  • Harry Cat's Pet Puppy
  • The Black Stallion Revolts (The Black Stallion, #9)
  • Thursday's Child
  • Hari-Hari Bahagia di Bullerbyn
  • The Borrowers Afloat (The Borrowers #3)
  • New Treasure Seekers (Bastable Children, #3)
  • Treasure of Green Knowe (Green Knowe, #2)
  • Moominpappa's Memoirs (The Moomins, #4)
  • Alfie Gets in First
  • The Cat In The Hat Dictionary
  • The Ship of Adventure (Adventure, #6)
  • Awantura o Basię
  • Henry and Mudge and the Best Day of All (Henry and Mudge, #14)
Michael Bond OBE is an English children's author. He is the creator of Paddington Bear and has written about the adventures of a guinea pig named Olga da Polga, as well as the animated BBC TV series The Herbs. Bond also writes culinary mystery stories for adults featuring Monsieur Pamplemousse and his faithful bloodhound, Pommes Frites.
More about Michael Bond...
A Bear Called Paddington (Paddington, #1) Paddington at Large (Paddington, #5) Paddington Abroad (Paddington Bear, #4) Paddington Bear Paddington Helps Out (Paddington, #3)