Start by marking “Paddington Bear and the Busy Bee Carnival” as Want to Read:
Paddington Bear and the Busy Bee Carnival

Paddington Bear and the Busy Bee Carnival

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  36 ratings  ·  10 reviews
It's carnival time! Paddington Bear and his friend Mr. Gruber join the festivities by entering the Busy Bee Adventure Trail contest--whoever finds the greatest number of objects starting with the letter "B" wins a prize. They search all along the canals of Little Venice in London where Bicycles, Boats, and Balloons abound. Things couldn't be better. Then Mr. Gruber notices ...more
Published May 1st 1998 by Harpercollins Childrens Books (first published April 1st 1900)

To ask other readers questions about Paddington Bear and the Busy Bee Carnival, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Paddington Bear and the Busy Bee Carnival

Riven
Paddington Bear and the Busy Bee Carnival by Michael Bond is one of the first books I read during my first school placement and found it be a well written and thoroughly engaging story as did my Year 2 children. It follows the story of Paddington bear and Mr Gruber visiting the carnival and trying to win a competition by spotting the most things beginning with B. The book is beautifully illustrated and we had fun spotting the B words. The story has a lovely end where Paddington needs to spot one ...more
Sarah Sammis
Usually my children and I are on the same page about a book. If they like it, I like it but Paddington Bear and the Busy Bee Carnival is a book that we cannot agree on.

In Paddington Bear and the Busy Bee Carnival Paddington and a neighbor go to a Busy Bee Carnival. Paddington decides to compete in a contest to find the largest number of things starting with the letter B to win a tour of the canal.

I find the pictures adorable and the I-Spy aspect of the book fun, though not as challenging as the
Library
A cute story but the adventure was not as fun and action packed as the other picture books. Yet it is a great book for younger readers to focus on first letter word recognition.
Jeffrey Ellsworth
Another book to the series that teaches kids about words that start with the letter "B". Paddington is at a carnival and is in a competition to find as many things that start with the word "B".
Nancy

Paddington wins a boat ride by finding things that begin with the letter B--an alphabet game after my own heart.
Paddington goes to the Busy Bee Carnival and the main activity is finding objects that begin with "B".
Karen
This was an adorable book. My son seemed to enjoy looking for things that started with B as well.
Theresa
the cute story of paddington bear an how he was invovled at bee carnival
Cynthia
Great for learning words that start with the letter B!
Emily
A very good story!
Ashleigh
Ashleigh marked it as to-read
May 12, 2015
Stephanie Ramo
Stephanie Ramo marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2015
Buffie
Buffie added it
Jan 18, 2015
Mako Chan
Mako Chan marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2014
Jamie
Jamie added it
Aug 17, 2014
Christina Browne
Christina Browne marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2014
Charlotte Wyatt
Charlotte Wyatt marked it as to-read
May 11, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Michael Bond OBE is an English children's author. He is the creator of Paddington Bear and has written about the adventures of a guinea pig named Olga da Polga, as well as the animated BBC TV series The Herbs. Bond also writes culinary mystery stories for adults featuring Monsieur Pamplemousse and his faithful bloodhound, Pommes Frites.
More about Michael Bond...
A Bear Called Paddington (Paddington, #1) More About Paddington (Paddington, #2) Paddington at Large (Paddington, #5) Paddington Bear Paddington Abroad (Paddington Bear, #4)