A Delicate Game

A Delicate Game

3.37 of 5 stars 3.37  ·  rating details  ·  144 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Even masters of the game can meet their match…

Elio and Sestro are beautiful, seductive, and talented—in more ways than anyone knows. They are known for taking lovers back to their room to share for the night—but each lover only enjoys one night with the notorious brothers. Practically no one realizes the true nature of the lovers they choose. It is a game they created, and...more
ebook, Free Edition, 19 pages
Published July 5th 2011 by Less Than Three Press

Forbidden by Tabitha SuzumaA Game of Thrones by George R.R. MartinFlowers in the Attic by V.C. AndrewsAngels and Insects by A.S. ByattThe Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley
Books with Incest as a Main Theme
31st out of 68 books — 34 voters
911 by Chris OwenMore by Sloan ParkerDark Horse by Kate SherwoodThe Strongest Shape by Tessa CardenasGemini by Chris Owen
Best Gay Polyamorous Romance
267th out of 294 books — 503 voters

More lists with this book...

kasjo_peja
That can't even be counted as a short story, but only a sketch.

In some historical/alternative universe setting two brothers play games. Not only sexual kind. There is some intrigue, but it's vague. Pops up out of nowhere and leads to nothing.

Sex happens off the page, so the warnings about menage and twincest are laughable.

The whole story just lacks substance.
L-D
Despite the warnings, this book contained no erotica and turned out to be more a short story about espionage. The role of the twin spies was vaguely outlined, but a lot was left to the reader to fill in the blank. Not a bad story, but if the story was going to be more plot focused than sex-centric, then the plot should have been more developed.
Maya
Being me, I am terribly disappointed that there is no actual sex in this book! The warnings were completely unnecessary.
Ayanna
I'd actually read this one yesterday, so I suppose this one was the beginning of the menage run. (I've noticed that when there's some salient feature of a book, I tend to see it again and again for the next couple of books [at least three]. Once it was facial burn scars. Another time was dead lovers. I suppose this time it's menages. I have absolutely no idea why it happens - I generally pick books out of my unread ebooks folder more or less at random - but it does.)

It wasn't bad. Short. Brief....more
Bookbee
Hm... The warning indicated a threesome and, yeah, I could sorta maybe imagine that based on the kissing and INFER that such did in fact happen. But the warning for this short also indicated incest and there was absolutely nothing like that at all...not even a chaste kiss between the brothers... unless you count some mild innuendo as such.
Harry
The premise seemed promising, complex - two brothers seduce a man at a masquerade. But the most interesting part of that - that it's brothers interacting - is completely ignored in the story. Instead, it becomes some international espionage story that is so lacking in concrete details I have the sense the writer didn't even know what the story was. Characters are "operatives" from "my country." Vague time period, vague geography, vague political intrigue - there's so much vagueness that we're no...more
Mammarella
I honestly do not mind lack of sex. Amount of sex scenes is not an indicator of a good book. My problem is that it reads like a digest with not only details, but some important parts missing. I am not even sure which tags to use. Is it contemporary (it can be)? Historical? Fantasy? Angst?Hurt/comfort? Menage? (but then again, there is no actual sex to add that tag) Still, the set up was intriguing. I wish the story was (much) longer.
3.5 stars.
Vivian ♪(┌・。・)┌
Rating: A bit less than three

It was lovely, and I actually liked the set-up. A lot. I really want a longer novel out of this. But in the end? The thing that mattered most to me, I think, was that I actually wasn't convinced that they would be happy. Let alone have a HEA.
blub
I would have liked a bit more romance. There was a feeling of attraction between all three characters but nothing that shouted everlasting love or long lasting relationship. The lack of sex didn't really bother me, the story itself had a good starting basis for a longer story.
A.F. Henley
This story caught me right away. There was tension and drama and it played up the plot development quite well. I just wish there had been more to it. It would have been great to follow it through with them.
Very good, but more of a fragment of a novel than a story.
Mandy Beyers
I would have liked a longer story about these three ;)
Bell
Bell marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
Boss W.
Boss W. marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
Lexi Ander
Lexi Ander marked it as to-read
May 30, 2014
Chrystal
Chrystal marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2014
Sasha Miller
Mar 10, 2014 Sasha Miller added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: wrote-it
Victoria Zagar
Victoria Zagar marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Midsummer Baker
  • That Famous Happy End
  • Darkling Mine
Sasha L. Miller spends most of her time writing, reading, or playing with all things website design. She loves telling stories, especially romance, because there’s nothing better than giving people their happily ever afters. When not writing, she spends time cooking, harassing her roommates, and playing with her cats.
More about Sasha L. Miller...
Stolen Hearts (Stolen Hearts, #1) Living Words The Novelty Maker Playing With Shadows (Love is Always Write) Arson of the Heart