Start by marking “Enders Game War of Gifts One-Shot” as Want to Read:
Enders Game War of Gifts One-Shot

Enders Game War of Gifts One-Shot

Creative Director ORSON SCOTT CARD Written by JAKE BLACK Pencils & Cover by TIMOTHY GREEN II Zeck Morgan was raised by his minister father to be a pious, God-fearing child, devoted to his church. Unfortunately, when the International Fleet decides Zeck is a candidate for training in Battle School, they tear him from his home and prepare him for war. Zeck refuses to par ...more
Comic
Published 2009 by Marvel Comics

To ask other readers questions about Enders Game War of Gifts One-Shot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Enders Game War of Gifts One-Shot

Kevin Reilly
Jul 29, 2012 Kevin Reilly rated it it was amazing
How can you not like this book?

It is so well written, the story between Ender and his sister is so touching. Even the story around his older brother and the jealousy of not being the "one" was very complete. Peter might be evil, but at the same time he is the foil that both Ender and Valentine need to fully realize thier potential.

The story is perfectly balanced, with each peice coming full circle in the end.

Orson Scott Card is an amazing writer.
Capi-Chris
May 26, 2012 Capi-Chris rated it it was amazing
This is the book against which all other books i read (for pleasure) are measured against. The single best book i have ever read. Simply amazing. It is the first in a series, and the series is awesome, but of course, the first is best. Even so, read them all!! You will not regret it.
Rachel
Sep 07, 2013 Rachel rated it really liked it
very different. Ender is picked on from a very small age. The world is under attack. they monitor the smart kids and if they pass they send them off to "camps" to train to someday fight the "bugger's". They need the kids to find a way to beat the buggers before they invade again. Ender thinks differently than all the others and they try to keep him isolated with no friends and on the brink of breaking down. They put him in life or death situations and never help him giving him a fight response b ...more
Angie Lee
Apr 02, 2013 Angie Lee rated it really liked it
The movie is coming out in the fall and I have had this book for forever as I was told it is a classic. It is incredibly good, well thought out and still holds up over time. I didn't want to get sucked in but was a great study in how people react under stress.
Kai Wilson
Jul 16, 2013 Kai Wilson rated it really liked it
Shelves: summer-2013
I enjoyed this story. However, I thought it was not as good as the other Ender's Game books. Also, the illustrations in this book were different from the other Ender's books and I did not like them as much.
Rocky Sunico
Jan 20, 2016 Rocky Sunico rated it it was ok
I never really got the point of this story. I know it better fleshes out the challenges of the Battle School, but this still didn't feel all that interesting to me. I guess it was the religious angle and all.
Katie Mckee
Apr 21, 2013 Katie Mckee rated it really liked it
Incredible book. Very in depth analysis of what life is like for the truly gifted. You will guess the surprise twist about half way though, become so engrossed that you reject it an be shocked at the end.
Shell
Oct 30, 2011 Shell rated it it was amazing
The first book in the series is the best. They are all good, but the original premise which I think started as a short story and them turned into Enders Game is just the best.

Awesome storyline. I love Ender.
Alana
Apr 25, 2012 Alana rated it it was amazing
This was an intense book that had me on the edge of my seat. Ender's Game made me reflect on human nature and manipulation. The underlying social injustices as well as dynamic characters made this one of the best reads this year!
Marcie Perriton
Sep 04, 2015 Marcie Perriton rated it liked it
Not my favorite genre but I enjoyed it more then I thought I would.
Patty Lavalle
Aug 15, 2013 Patty Lavalle rated it it was amazing
Probably the last person to read this book. We made it a family read. Callie and I have finished it
Danielle Vandehaar
May 14, 2013 Danielle Vandehaar rated it really liked it
It's amazing what we can justify to our selves. Disturbing premise but great characterization.
C
Aug 02, 2016 C rated it liked it
Nice short story, again, not as good as the actual book, but if it gets people reading Card, I can't complain.
Reina
Aug 13, 2012 Reina rated it it was amazing
One of the most Amazing Sci-fi books of all time. Soon to be a movie. They just finished filming it.
Michael Lawrence
Mar 24, 2013 Michael Lawrence rated it it was amazing
This is science fiction at its best, alongside Asimov, Heinlein, Bradbury et al.
Yael
Dec 20, 2012 Yael rated it it was amazing
Great sci fi book for someone new to the genre.
Shaun S
Sep 23, 2014 Shaun S rated it liked it
Shelves: sci-fi
Short read, good book if you have already read the series.
Mujer4christ
Jul 28, 2013 Mujer4christ rated it really liked it
It took me three quarters of the book to get into it, but couldn't put down towards the end!
Lin Clark
Mar 01, 2012 Lin Clark rated it really liked it
Rafael Ramirez
Jun 10, 2014 Rafael Ramirez rated it really liked it
un calcetin
Sara
Mar 17, 2013 Sara rated it really liked it
First read this eons ago. It was still enjoyable the second time around but knowing the ending took a little bit away from it.
Bridgitte Thornley
Aug 18, 2012 Bridgitte Thornley rated it really liked it
Very entertaining book. An easy read and enjoyable. I plan to read the series - one day!
Laurie
Aug 11, 2012 Laurie rated it it was amazing
I don't know how I missed this book. I actually listened to it. It was gripping. Again, a futuristic, dystopian society in turmoil. Sound familiary? Yes, but this is a really good story.
Andrew
Feb 19, 2015 Andrew rated it it was ok
It was a fun and entertaining story about zeck.
Daniel Garcia barrera
Daniel Garcia barrera rated it really liked it
Apr 19, 2013
Arlo
Arlo rated it it was amazing
Sep 01, 2014
Anne Kane
Anne Kane rated it it was amazing
Jun 10, 2014
Aaron
Aaron rated it liked it
Feb 09, 2012
Sarah rated it liked it
Dec 30, 2012
Keithy
Keithy rated it liked it
Apr 01, 2014
  • Some of the Best from Tor.com: 2014
  • Doctor Who: Free Comic Book Day
  • Enders Game 1 of 5
  • Psychic Healing: Using the Tools of a Medium to Cure Whatever Ails You
  • Dr. Judith Orloff's Guide to Intuitive Healing: 5 Steps to Physical, Emotional, and Sexual Wellness
  • The Prince Commands
  • The Fuse #1
  • Star Wars Omnibus: Clone Wars, Volume 3: The Republic Falls
  • Dark Mirror (A Tale from The Legend of Drizzt, #2)
  • Zak Corbin: Master of Machines
Orson Scott Card is the author of the novels Ender's Game, Ender's Shadow, and Speaker for the Dead, which are widely read by adults and younger readers, and are increasingly used in schools.
Besides these and other science fiction novels, Card writes contemporary fantasy (Magic Street, Enchantment, Lost Boys), biblical novels (Stone Tables, Rachel and Leah), the American frontier fantasy series Th
More about Orson Scott Card...