Start by marking “Enders Game War of Gifts One-Shot” as Want to Read:
Enders Game War of Gifts One-Shot

Enders Game War of Gifts One-Shot

4.01 of 5 stars 4.01  ·  rating details  ·  441 ratings  ·  21 reviews
Creative Director ORSON SCOTT CARD Written by JAKE BLACK Pencils & Cover by TIMOTHY GREEN II Zeck Morgan was raised by his minister father to be a pious, God-fearing child, devoted to his church. Unfortunately, when the International Fleet decides Zeck is a candidate for training in Battle School, they tear him from his home and prepare him for war. Zeck refuses to par...more
Comic
Published 2009 by Marvel Comics

To ask other readers questions about Enders Game War of Gifts One-Shot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Enders Game War of Gifts One-Shot

Kevin Reilly
How can you not like this book?

It is so well written, the story between Ender and his sister is so touching. Even the story around his older brother and the jealousy of not being the "one" was very complete. Peter might be evil, but at the same time he is the foil that both Ender and Valentine need to fully realize thier potential.

The story is perfectly balanced, with each peice coming full circle in the end.

Orson Scott Card is an amazing writer.
Capi-Chris
This is the book against which all other books i read (for pleasure) are measured against. The single best book i have ever read. Simply amazing. It is the first in a series, and the series is awesome, but of course, the first is best. Even so, read them all!! You will not regret it.
Rachel
very different. Ender is picked on from a very small age. The world is under attack. they monitor the smart kids and if they pass they send them off to "camps" to train to someday fight the "bugger's". They need the kids to find a way to beat the buggers before they invade again. Ender thinks differently than all the others and they try to keep him isolated with no friends and on the brink of breaking down. They put him in life or death situations and never help him giving him a fight response b...more
Shaun S
Short read, good book if you have already read the series.
Angie Lee
The movie is coming out in the fall and I have had this book for forever as I was told it is a classic. It is incredibly good, well thought out and still holds up over time. I didn't want to get sucked in but was a great study in how people react under stress.
Alana
This was an intense book that had me on the edge of my seat. Ender's Game made me reflect on human nature and manipulation. The underlying social injustices as well as dynamic characters made this one of the best reads this year!
Shell
The first book in the series is the best. They are all good, but the original premise which I think started as a short story and them turned into Enders Game is just the best.

Awesome storyline. I love Ender.
Kai Wilson
I enjoyed this story. However, I thought it was not as good as the other Ender's Game books. Also, the illustrations in this book were different from the other Ender's books and I did not like them as much.
Katie Mckee
Incredible book. Very in depth analysis of what life is like for the truly gifted. You will guess the surprise twist about half way though, become so engrossed that you reject it an be shocked at the end.
Laurie
I don't know how I missed this book. I actually listened to it. It was gripping. Again, a futuristic, dystopian society in turmoil. Sound familiary? Yes, but this is a really good story.
Lin Clark
Sara
First read this eons ago. It was still enjoyable the second time around but knowing the ending took a little bit away from it.
Reina
One of the most Amazing Sci-fi books of all time. Soon to be a movie. They just finished filming it.
Patty Lavalle
Probably the last person to read this book. We made it a family read. Callie and I have finished it
Danielle Vandehaar
It's amazing what we can justify to our selves. Disturbing premise but great characterization.
Bridgitte Thornley
Very entertaining book. An easy read and enjoyable. I plan to read the series - one day!
Mujer4christ
It took me three quarters of the book to get into it, but couldn't put down towards the end!
Michael Lawrence
This is science fiction at its best, alongside Asimov, Heinlein, Bradbury et al.
Yael
Great sci fi book for someone new to the genre.
Maria Alvarez
Great book, honestly a must read
Kelly Cameron
Kelly Cameron marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2014
Vic Stanton
Vic Stanton marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2014
  • The Softwire: Awakening on Orbis 4
  • Star Wars Omnibus: Rise of the Sith
  • Animal-Wise: The Spirit Language and Signs of Nature
  • Precious Things
  • Dark Force Rising (Star Wars: The Thrawn Trilogy Graphic Novels, #2)
  • Papercutz Slices #1: Harry Potty and the Deathly Boring
  • Alistair MacLean's Death Train
  • Dancer's Illusion (Dancer, #3)
  • Light Raid
  • The Stephanie Plum Novels (Stephanie Plum, #3-5)
  • Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures, Vol. 1
  • Indiana Jones Omnibus, Vol. 1
  • The Veiled Web
Orson Scott Card is the author of the novels Ender's Game, Ender's Shadow, and Speaker for the Dead, which are widely read by adults and younger readers, and are increasingly used in schools.
Besides these and other science fiction novels, Card writes contemporary fantasy (Magic Street, Enchantment, Lost Boys), biblical novels (Stone Tables, Rachel and Leah), the American frontier fantasy series Th...more
More about Orson Scott Card...
Ender's Game (The Ender Quintet, #1) Speaker for the Dead (The Ender Quintet, #2) Ender's Shadow (Ender's Shadow, #1) Xenocide (The Ender Quintet, #3) Children of the Mind (The Ender Quintet, #4)