Start by marking “A Cup of Comfort: Stories That Warm Your Heart, Lift Your Spirit, and Enrich Your Life” as Want to Read:

Each Cup of Comfort book features over 50 exceptional stories of ordinary people who have overcome great obstacles, persevered through thick and through thin, and found the power to control their own destinies. Readers will laugh and cry out loud as they share in the many moving experiences detailed within these pages.
Published January 1st 1997 by Adams Media Corporation

To ask other readers questions about A Cup of Comfort, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Cup of Comfort

Roxana Codin
Apr 24, 2014 Roxana Codin rated it it was amazing
I want to thank from all my heart to every person who have participated in the writing of this book,these beautiful people.Your stories have completely changed my way of thinking ,make me cry ,make me laugh and groan but also to appreciate more my life with all that is in it.I just realized that some things for which I'm worried are needless and i should see things with are real important and beautiful.I want to read more books like this one,all books.
I think every person should read these speci
Kelly
Jan 04, 2008 Kelly rated it liked it
The title says it all. Stories that will make you smile and some that will bring a tear to even the most cynical eye. Since I can cry watching Hallmark commercials, I'm definitely an easy touch. Most of this type of book gets so overly sentimental that you go into sugar-shock, but this one wasn't over-the-top. Most of the stories just illustrated the miracles of day to day life. I was especially touched by the story "The Blue Washcloth". With the short stories/chapters this made great bathroom ...more
Ruth
Jan 03, 2012 Ruth rated it it was amazing
Got this book for Christmas from my sister-in-law. I enjoyed it. I think this is a book all should read for encouragement, hope, and peace. A few of the stories made me cry because of the love I felt as I read the stories. A few of my favorites were: "The Crying Chair," "The Colors of Prejudice," and "The Blue Washcloth." A good feel good book to read.
Ginger
Feb 10, 2009 Ginger rated it it was amazing
Shelves: short-stories
Wonderful stories that will definitely make you Feel Good and lift your spirit. Good for those blue days.
Nora
Aug 28, 2012 Nora rated it liked it
Almost all of the stories were touchy :)
Angie Riddick
Oct 13, 2016 Angie Riddick rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed this book. Each story shared inspirational messages.
Catherine Flynn
Dec 28, 2014 Catherine Flynn rated it really liked it
Great warming stories that inspires. A great read for people who would like to get inspired in their daily living. I suggest to read a story or two a day and to have reflection to each stories. I would recommend this for people who would like to also inspire other people.
Nicole
Feb 28, 2008 Nicole rated it liked it
It served it's purpose - comfort - but they are short stories and largely do not reach the depth this topic requires. Although I've read other 'short' stories that didn't have the same issue, perhaps these are too short. As I said, purpose served but that's it.
Lynzee
Jan 30, 2008 Lynzee rated it it was amazing
Similar to the Chicken Soup for the Soul Series - inspirational stories to warm your hear, lift your spirit and enrich your life!
A.
May 31, 2010 A. rated it really liked it
very interesting to see what works for others and how they cope with the difficulties of Autism and people on the spectum.
Mandy
Oct 03, 2008 Mandy rated it really liked it
This is a book of short, inspiring stories. It's nice to read 1 or 2 before bed for a little uplift!
Ruth
Dec 02, 2008 Ruth rated it liked it
Recommended to Ruth by: no one
Reading this book reminds me of " chicken Soup" lots of inspiring story that teach us how to appreciate our life and feel blessed of what we have had in life.
Bukunya lumayan ringan,kok...
Marissa
Jan 15, 2014 Marissa rated it really liked it
These are definitely stories that warmed my heart. These were nice, encouraging and uplifting stories. I enjoyed them.
Georgene
Sep 28, 2015 Georgene rated it really liked it
Shelves: essays-poetry
An interesting collection of essays. Some may be based on true events, others are literary. Most of them are pretty decent and can be consoling to those in grief.
T.K. Richardson
T.K. Richardson rated it really liked it
Sep 25, 2009
Sue
Sue rated it it was amazing
Jan 04, 2016
Heidi
Heidi rated it really liked it
Jan 31, 2015
Amel Armeliana
Amel Armeliana rated it really liked it
Feb 18, 2012
Angie Scott
Angie Scott rated it it was amazing
Sep 30, 2011
Meaghan
Meaghan rated it it was ok
Feb 17, 2012
Hannah Peters
Hannah Peters rated it liked it
Oct 04, 2014
Ginger
Ginger rated it it was ok
Apr 13, 2010
Kavita
Kavita rated it it was amazing
Oct 21, 2012
Palak
Palak rated it it was amazing
Dec 28, 2011
Diane Chan
Diane Chan rated it liked it
May 22, 2015
Mareyn Miralda
Mareyn Miralda rated it it was amazing
Jan 26, 2011
Jacqueline
Jacqueline rated it it was amazing
May 29, 2012
BarbaraJean Parland
BarbaraJean Parland rated it really liked it
Jun 08, 2015
Rose Mary Burkett
Rose Mary Burkett rated it really liked it
May 04, 2012
Maci Miller
Maci Miller rated it really liked it
Aug 22, 2009
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Small Miracles: Extraordinary Coincidences from Everyday Life
  • The Prayer of Jabez for Women
  • Chicken Soup for the Soul: Messages from Heaven: 101 Miraculous Stories of Signs from Beyond, Amazing Connections, and Love that Doesn’t Die
  • The Life God Blesses: The Secret of Enjoying God's Favor
  • Life Is Mostly Edges: A Memoir
  • How To Be Born Again
  • Who Calls Me Beautiful?: Finding Our True Image in the Mirror of God
  • Sermon on the Mount: An Evangelical Exposition of Matthew 5–7
  • The Power of Praying?: A 3-In-1 Collection *The Power of a Praying? Wife *The Power of a Praying? Parent *The Power of a Praying? Woman
  • What I Wish My Christian Friends Knew about Judaism
  • They Smell Like Sheep
  • Mornings with Tozer: Daily Devotional Readings
32047
Colleen Sell is a freelance writer and editor with expertise in book and magazine development and a passion for storytelling. Her professional experience also includes content development & management and marketing communications development & management.

Since 1999, Colleen has provided writing, editing, ghostwriting, proofreading, editorial development, content management, publishing cons
More about Colleen Sell...