Meddling with a Millionaire

Meddling with a Millionaire

3.48 of 5 stars 3.48  ·  rating details  ·  66 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Emma Montgomery wouldn't be manipulated into marriage as part of Daddy's business deal--even if he cut off access to her trust fund until she complied. The talented jewelry designer would just make her own way. Or go down trying. Too bad her intended groom--maverick businessman and former crush Nathan Case--made her stubborn stance so difficult. The heat of his touch had h...more
Published June 1st 2011 by Harlequin Desire (first published January 1st 2011)

Saly
This was a fun read. Emma's father has cut of her trust fund for the past ten months since he wants her to get married and settle down. Emma has never had to worry about money but now she's learning, she has a degree and has been designing jewelery for years but never took it that seriously. But she is determined not to do what her father wants, she wants love in her marriage and does not want to follow her parent's example.

She had a huge crush on her brother's friend Nathan when she was sixteen...more
Kate
A fun debut novel by Cat Schield!

After reading it, I immediately checked out GoodReads to see if their was a previous book about the heroine's brother/hero's best friend and was very surprised to see that this is the author's first published book.

There's nothing new or earth-shattering about the plot (heiress being forced to marry to keep her trust fund), but it was well written and the characters were likeable.

She does have a prequel novella about the brother/friend on her website - -http://cat...more
Mojca
Apparently this was a debut novel. I’m sorry to say, it should’ve stayed in someone’s drawer. It was absolutely template. And if it’s possible to go “too template-y” Ms. Schield accomplished it. There was an uber-idiotic heroine (I hate those “I’m a woman hear me roar” types that coudn’t possibly roar, not even mewl if their lives depended on it) that also happens to be a spoiled heiress, a testosterone-filled hero with 18th century concept on love that also happens to be a millionaire, the forc...more
Fernanda
This is the first installment of the Case brothers books and I liked it but not too much, because I felt like if the main character (Nathan Case) is practically forced to fell in love with the heroine who is forced into an arranged marriage .. Not that she doesn´t want to, becasue she´s been in love with Nathan since she was a teenager!!!But she says she doesn´t love him, and doesn´t want to marry him and when he wants to marry her she says she doesn´t want marriage without love... so I don´t ge...more
Debbie
One type of heroine I can't stand in romance novels is the one who has the "I don't need a man to take care of me because I'm superwoman and I can do everything on my own." attitude.
Ada
Una serie corta de Harlequin, como amo harlequin aunque a veces me saquen de quicio sus tramas, casaarse por obligación pfffff... en fin, Nathan fue un completo dolor de **** b8eno, todos suelen serlo. Emma, es más terca que una mula y aunque cae rendida me gusta que da la guerra hasta el último momento... ansiosa por leer el segundo.
Ladyacct
I really loved this short, (would have been happier if I would have read this one first before Sebastian's story). It took me no time at all to read, as I was hooked from the first page.

No typos/editing issues.
Laura Breck
Cat writes a compelling story. The action starts at a run, and keeps moving through the book. I read this so fast becasue it was hard to put it down.
Rachael Johns
A fabulous Desire and a fabulous debut!! I'll definitely be looking out for more books from Cat!!
Angi Morgan
Loved this debut book. And look forward to the rest of the series!
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Aisyah Roslan
Aisyah Roslan marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2014
Angelika Woolls
Angelika Woolls marked it as to-read
May 01, 2014
Ash Stunningsanz
Ash Stunningsanz marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2014
Aimee
Aimee marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2014
Theresa Day
Theresa Day marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2014
Brianne Lombardi
Brianne Lombardi marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2014
Ra~Luka
Ra~Luka marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Cat Schield lives in Minnesota with her daughter, Emily, their Burmese cats and a Doberman puppy. Winner of the Romance Writers of America 2010 Golden Heart® for series contemporary romance, when she’s not writing sexy, romantic stories for Harlequin Desire, she can be found sailing with friends on the St. Croix River or more exotic locales like the Caribbean and Europe. Contact her at www.catschi...more
More about Cat Schield...
His Secret Temptation A Win-Win Proposition A Tricky Proposition The Nanny Trap Unfinished Business