Start by marking “Weight of a Flame: The Passion of Olympia Morata” as Want to Read:
Weight of a Flame: The Passion of Olympia Morata

Weight of a Flame: The Passion of Olympia Morata (Chosen Daughters)

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  16 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Psalm-Singer, Passionate Teacher, Pilgrim Adventurer "My daughter Olympia is my finest student " Olympia Morata (1526 1555) is a girl far ahead of her time. A quick tongue and a ready pen are her mind's tools to record her vivid thoughts, poetry, songs, and opinions. Appointed tutor to Duchess Ren e's children, her future is bright when suddenly, evil rumors turn her world ...more
Published November 15th 2011 by P & R Publishing (first published November 4th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Weight of a Flame, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Weight of a Flame

Jaina
I won this book a few months ago from a giveaway scavenger hunt featuring over thirty Christian authors (which, as a total aside, was SO FUN). I won this and two other Simonetta Carr books (Renee of France and Lady Jane Grey), autographed by the author by request, and didn’t really have any idea what I was getting into when I started reading.

Now, two months later (yes, I’m a very disorganized person), I’m finally writing that review that’s been sitting on my back burner all this time. I kept thi
Bob Hayton
What would it be like to live in the years immediately following the Reformation? How joyful would the discovery of Gospel truth be? Yet, how terrible would it feel to know people close to you, who are suffering for their faith? The turbulent period which followed the Reformation is captured well in a new book by Simonetta Carr.

In "Weight of a Flame: The Passion of Olympia Morata" (part of the Chosen Daughters series from P & R Publishing), Carr tells the story of a Reformation-era heroine s
Marguerite Harrell
Great and interesting book to read especially Historical Fiction to understand what it was like to live in those days fighting for the freedom of your religious belief. I am thankful that Lutheran were faithful to stand true to His Word and for standing up against Roman Catholic's belief.
Maria Hanley
A deeply inspiring and moving biography of a sister in Christ in Italy during the early days of the Reformation where 'Italian believers were faced with three choices: compromise and silence, defiance unto death, or voluntary exile.' Wonderful book!!
Sydney
I liked this book, but it didn't pull me in like so many other books I've read. I had to force myself to read it. But it was still a great book. I really enjoyed learning about Olympia Morata.
Dave Packard
Really helped me understand the plight of Protestants in the 1500's. Persecution was very scary at that time, but Christians really stood up for their faith!
Hannah  Walsh
I love these books. I wish there were more.
Evan
Evan marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2014
Marjorie Davies
Marjorie Davies marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2014
Adia Standard
Adia Standard marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
William
William marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2014
Brianna
Brianna marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2014
Laurie
Laurie marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2014
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2013
Kayla
Kayla marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2013
Daihlia Del Principe
Daihlia Del Principe marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2013
Andy
Andy marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2013
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2013
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2013
Librarygalx
Librarygalx marked it as to-read
May 23, 2013
Lydia
Lydia marked it as to-read
May 15, 2013
Simonetta Carr was born in Italy and has lived and worked in different cultures. A former elementary school teacher, she has home-schooled her eight children for many years. She has written for newspapers and magazines around the world and has translated the works of several Christian authors into Italian. Presently, she lives in San Diego with her husband Thomas and family. She is a member and Su ...more
More about Simonetta Carr...
Athanasius (Christian Biographies for Young Readers) Jonathan Edwards Lady Jane Grey John Calvin Augustine of Hippo