Start by marking “Gravitation, Volume 06” as Want to Read:
Gravitation, Volume 06

Gravitation, Volume 06 (Gravitation #6)

4.1 of 5 stars 4.10  ·  rating details  ·  1,299 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Frustrated by Ryuichi's superior talent, Shuichi decides to get into his own groove in order to go head-to-head against his idol. And when Eiri makes an unexplained exodus to New York, Hiro convinces Tatsuho to dress up like Eiri and make some magic happen! But when Shuichi gets carried away and locks lips with the costumed Tatsuho, will the face-sucking scandal be too hot ...more
Published June 1st 2004 by TokyoPop (first published April 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Gravitation, Volume 06, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gravitation, Volume 06

Christina
Shuichi is in the dumps over the big change in his life and views of his idol, Ryuichi Sakuma, but no fear! Because Hiro is able to lift Shuichi's spirits with a little, uh, encouragement... Hiro pays off Tatsuha, Eiri's look-alike brother, to dress as Eiri and cheer Shuichi on from the audience of another game show, since Eiri left for ten days to New York. Although Hiro's plan did work to get Shuichi raring to go, it just reeks of disaster when Tatsuha gets a little carried away and smooches S ...more
Tricia
Personally, I think we've reached the point where the anime does it better. It's still an amusing read, if you can tolerate the cringe-worthy cooking show business. I know that's what a lot of up-and-coming bands have to put up with, and I loved Hiro's rant about selling out towards the end. I couldn't give it five stars though, because it's just a little bit too crazy.

The anime wins because it only used the really good scenes, and it made those good scenes even better. Particularly Yuki's comin
Flavia
Oh, snap, I'd forgotten the stench of Gravitation cheese. Never mind, I retract my earlier review. This series loses it around the 5th volume....I think.
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Drama and more drama for this one. But with its share of hilarious facial expressions. Which helps balance the drama out I guess? Good volume.
Jessiehenn
Aug 05, 2008 Jessiehenn rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes Gravitation, Fake, Eerie Queerie, etc.
Kati
As much as I love Shuichi and Yuki, the craziness in this volume was too much even for me. There was very little plot - though I did like seeing Yuki and Seguchi in New York, revealing more information about what happened to Yuki all those years ago - and the whole cooking show debacle was very filler-ish, I admit I skipped most of it. I'm still interested in seeing where the relationship between Shuichi and Yuki is headed, but I would lie if I said that the crazy stuff didn't bother me.
Matimate
To old and too disgusted by imbecility and lack of everything what makes story and plot logic and coherent. It should be comedy, well perhaps it is and there is huge cultural gap and age gap,which prevents me to give this manga any good review. Rape was done and now there is murder. More imbecility comes. It should be comedy, perhaps it is.
The utter fails are comments from author.
The end is nearer and nearer.
Sophie
At this point the manga has gotten so crazy that I've given up expecting something like a reasonable plot, and if you just go along with the insanity of it all, it's a lot of fun. Basically, the only character acting like an actual human being seems to be Hiro, the others just - yeah, pretty much defy any explanation or description. But it's funny.
Starbubbles
i actually kind of liked this vol. so it will get 4 stars. but i can't bring myself to rate it any higher for any of the volumes for here on out. let's face it, murakami is a downer and doesn't need to badmouth her own series. i guess it's pretty apparent that i'm still rather hung up on this blurb thing.
Nikki Kelly
Yaoi or boy-on-boy love manga. It was the first and only series of that genre that I have read, and was utterly hilarious. It had great funny, sentimental, and sad moments. A lot of fun to read, and quite unpredictable. The art was a little lacking, the only reason for 3 stars instead of 5.
Gigi
this volume was enjoyable but a little...well...extra. In the respect that a lot happened in this volume and there was so much change in atmosphere around the characters.
Wwmrsweasleydo
These books are getting sillier. And less sexy. There were funny moments, and it's a nice, light, relaxing read, but I think the shark has now been jumped.
Sara
Aug 04, 2011 Sara added it
Shelves: manga, humor
Started out cute and funny enough, but somewhere in the middle of this series it gets waaaay to wacky and convoluted in the bad way.
Dana
Dall added it
Jul 07, 2015
  • Fake, Volume 04
  • Gravitation: The Novel
  • Eerie Queerie!, Volume 2 (Eerie Queerie!, #2)
  • Yellow, Volume 03
  • Loveless, Volume 3
  • Junjo Romantica, Volume 3
  • Love Mode Vol. 4 (Love Mode, #4)

Gravitation (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Gravitation, Volume 01
  • Gravitation, Volume 08
  • Gravitation, Volume 09
  • Gravitation, Volume 10
  • Gravitation, Volume 11
Gravitation, Volume 01 Gravitation, Volume 02 Gravitation, Volume 03 Gravitation, Volume 05 Gravitation, Volume 04