Start by marking “All Work and No Play” as Want to Read:
All Work and No Play

All Work and No Play (Dear Lake, Michigan #1)

Joshua has planned every detail of the vacation he's going to take with his partner, Ciro. All Ciro has to do is show up. They're headed for Dear Lake, Michigan, a tiny town built around a modest resort that's been serving up peace and quiet for more than fifty years.

Showing up is harder than it seems. The day their vacation begins, a big client finally decides to move ahe
ebook
Published June 18th 2011 by Amber Quill Press/Amber Allure (first published June 14th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about All Work and No Play, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All Work and No Play

Lacey
Jun 19, 2011 Lacey rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, contemporary
In a lot of ways, this read like a sequel, and I kept on thinking I was missing something. It wasn't just that this is about an established couple; there were other things that had me looking up the authors' past work to see if I missed a prequel...there was only a brief, passing mention of the obvious age difference between the characters (and it wasn't even until halfway through the story), I never got a clear picture of Joshua in my head (I don't think his physical characteristics were ever e ...more
Chris
Jun 18, 2011 Chris rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, gay, done, short, 2011, ebook
3.5 stars. Good short m/m romance about a couple who are supposed to be heading out of town for a long weekend... Will the workaholic's going in to work instead be the end of them as a couple?!
Tam
Jun 30, 2011 Tam rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m

This story jumps into the life of opposite-couple Ciro, the workaholic ad agency owner, and Joshua, a more free-spirit surfer dude type. Joshua has been tolerating his lover’s attachment to work, but has finally convinced the man to a four-day weekend. Of course when a client who has been stringing Ciro along finally makes an appointment for the day they are to leave, Joshua’s had enough. He’s going on the vacation, whether Ciro comes or not. He’s finally realized he’s never going to b
Melissa
Jun 24, 2012 Melissa rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
This was a super short read but I really enjoy the work these two authors do together. I didn't really feel like I was missing out on a lot even though the story was so short. There was enough angst to get me through and the sexy scene at the end was really good. I really enjoyed this and look forward to the next book in this series.
Lucy
Jun 18, 2011 Lucy rated it liked it
So wish this had been longer, because Ciro and Joshua seem like great characters who would make an interesting book. They make for a sweet short story, about reminding yourself about what is important.
Mandi
Jun 19, 2011 Mandi rated it liked it
Shelves: romance-mm
2.5-3 stars. Good writing, but I felt like this should of been a scene in a longer book. The story jumps right into a couple who have an fight and shows how they make up. Not really long enough to connect with either character.
Sadonna
Jul 17, 2011 Sadonna rated it liked it
Shelves: pdf, mm
This was an OK rather short story about a guy who does not seem to have his priorities straight and decides he needs to do something about it - and his lover who makes sure he understands why.
Rachel Emily
Well written short story, but it felt like I was reading a sequel or something since the characters were already together. I liked them and wouldn't mind reading more with these two!
Tamela

==========================
1st read - Aug 10, 2011
2nd read - Mar 9, 2016
Bogusia
Dec 22, 2012 Bogusia rated it liked it
3.5 stars a good quick read :)
Smch
Mar 06, 2016 Smch rated it liked it
2.7
Susan65
May 16, 2012 Susan65 rated it really liked it
For a super short story it carried quite a punch...i love established couples dealing with everyday issues and learning to love each other like they used to.
M.ri.n.
M.ri.n. rated it it was amazing
May 27, 2013
Oh_oh
Oh_oh rated it liked it
Apr 25, 2017
Nerine Petros
Nerine Petros rated it liked it
Jun 24, 2011
Tiaan Jonker
Tiaan Jonker rated it it was ok
Nov 23, 2013
Louis A
Louis A rated it really liked it
Jan 16, 2013
Mandapanda
Mandapanda rated it liked it
Jun 18, 2011
Enigma Monkey
Enigma Monkey rated it liked it
Aug 13, 2014
Anita
Anita rated it really liked it
Nov 10, 2016
Venecia
Venecia rated it really liked it
Jul 15, 2012
Lady Maria
Lady Maria rated it it was ok
Sep 16, 2013
Julia
Julia rated it it was ok
Dec 18, 2014
Helie
Helie rated it liked it
Apr 04, 2012
Shay
Shay rated it liked it
Jan 08, 2012
Peggy
Peggy rated it really liked it
Jul 01, 2011
Coffinmo
Coffinmo rated it it was ok
Oct 19, 2015
Helene
Helene rated it liked it
Jan 23, 2013
Shelley
Shelley rated it liked it
Sep 15, 2012
Lily
Lily rated it liked it
Jun 18, 2011
« previous 1 3 next »
Under Construction!

F.A.Q.

Do you want to participate in Generic_Author_Event?
Drop me a line, please! If you're looking for a book for donation or a blog post from me, I'm usually cool with that.
Are you going to write a sequel to Some_Book_You_Wrote?
The up front answer is no, unless the book cover indicates that it's part of a series. If there's going to be a sequel to a book, you'll know once I'
More about Anah Crow...

Dear Lake, Michigan (2 books)
  • Dirty Little Secret