Flesh and Feathers

Flesh and Feathers (The Flesh #1)

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  70 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Waitress Azaleigh Carlton’s life was simple. That is, until she meets Kale and Gage – two very different and charming men. One she loves and the other she can’t live without. She soon finds out that the people closest to her are hiding a secret, one that will change her life forever. And now, someone or something is trying to kill her. As chaos unfolds, she learns of a wor...more
Kindle Edition
Published May 21st 2011

Jackie
Aug 19, 2011 Jackie rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone who loves stories of Fallen Angels hiding secrets
I make quite a few impulse buys on my Kindle DX, having 3G access makes it too easy. Flesh and Feathers was a good impulse buy, the story is beautifully written, the characters are easy to connect with and everything just flows at a comfortable pace that allows the reader to just sit and enjoy the story. For a debut author writing about a subject that has been covered by so many in the last few years the story has a flavor all it 's own and if the authors continue their fan base is going to gro...more
Ndulgent Bloggers
Flesh and Feathers is a debut novel with a refreshing take on the common angel paranormal book. Putting a new spin on this tired concept, this author pair (its two co-writers) created a quick-paced and engaging story with well-crafted characters with which readers can’t help but connect. For my full review, go to http://guiltyindulgencebookclub.blogs....
Lissette
For the past ten years, Azaleigh Carlton has been living her life as each day comes. The simplicity with which she's lived has worked well for her, yet there are times she's found herself dwelling upon the past. Most especially upon the death of her mother. She's made do with what she has and is content to continue living her life in the same manner she is now.

Deviating from her usual daily routine after work one day, she stops at a bar and comes across a man who captures her interest from the m...more
Natasha
You know..once in a while it's nice to be reading something that is age appropriate. Reading too much YA can sometimes drains you especially if you're a 30 something like me.I was so glad to be able to read Flesh and Feathers. Finally! An adult fantasy about angels. The angels here are hot as hell and for once the instant love doesn't bother me. I mean..seriously how can you go wrong with a hunky bartender/angel in disguise? Yummy!
The story moves along at a nice pace and I think all the characte...more
Nelta
This review was written for Bex'n' Books.

The title, "Flesh and Feathers", is intriguing and cause alone to check it out the book. I was really hoping I would love this book but found it lacking in giving the reader enough detail that would help explain some of the characters and their "missions" in the story. With that said, if you enjoy reading angel paranormal then you'll find yourself swept away in this fast paced story of Azaleigh and the angels who are there to keep her safe from the danger...more
M.L. Woolley
I really enjoyed this book! It is a page tuner and has so many elements- I will definitely be reading the next one!
Wendy Hines
Just when you think angels and demons has been written to death, comes along Flesh and Feathers, paling the competition in comparison.

Azaleigh 'Az' has a simple life and so when she meets Kale, a big hunk of gorgeous, it doesn't take long for her to fall under his spell. She falls head over heels for him, even if he can be a bit aloof. But, Az doesn't question him too deeply and things move along until she finds out who he really is when they are attacked.

Then, she realizes that her friends hav...more
Vidya-BooksAreMagic
Another Protecting-Angels-and-Bad-Fallen novel! But its still refreshing to read these genres.

Azaleigh, called as Az (liked her name!), lost her mother when she was still young. She works as a waitress in one of the local restaurants, where two persons, who care about her, work - Tannah and Jen. Her life is as normal and regular, as it could be. But, finally she meets Kale, the hot guy at the bar, and after some meetings fall for each other. Although Kale loves her, he stops any advances that A...more
Rebecca
Flesh and Feathers is a debut novel with a refreshing take on the common angel paranormal book. Putting a new spin on this tired concept, this author pair (its two co-writers) created a quick-paced and engaging story with well-crafted characters with which readers can’t help but connect. Though admittedly, I found myself lost in the beginning of the book and would’ve appreciated a bit more world-building up front. Perhaps that was intentional since the heroine herself was quite confused as well....more
Crystal
Aug 28, 2011 Crystal rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Crystal by: friend
I absolutely loved this book! I really didn't have very high expectations for a book written by unknown authors but let me tell you I was hooked after the first paragraph! I loved that the charectors were so defined and the story was so detailed. you can tell they did alot of research before they wrote this book. I can't wait for the second book to be released!!
Rebecca
I loved this book. It hooked me right away and didn't let go. The ending was not what I expected and I can't wait for the next book.
Annette M Guerriero Nishimoto
Today's review is on Flesh and Feathers by April Fifer

While some books seem to drag on and on, Flesh and Feathers takes off from the very first page and doesn't stop. In fact, it is this readers opinion that it goes so fast that there is some vital information that seems to be missing. Never the less, the story was enjoyable and captivating enough to keep me turning page after page.

Azaleigh; Az, Carlton’s life has been anything but easy. Her father left when he found out that her mother was preg...more
Mariana Bezerra
This is a book about angels, but there’s so much more than just that. Azaleigh, or Az as everyone say, doesn’t know about her future and everything that happens around her. But she’s in danger when two different kind of angels fight to dominate.

The book also shows two different kinds of love, and it’s interesting to see that Az, likes both Kale and Gage, but it’s so different, Gage is more like a friendship and the Kale is a deep feeling that changed the way she sees things around her.

I loved th...more
Ashley Mayer
Flesh and Feathers was an interesting story. I did enjoy it but it also confused me. What happened to Kale in the end? Who is Anna? I hope there is a sequel because this book had too many loose ends.
Madison
Review will be posted at NOR. Fifer-Hylton is an unstoppable duo!! They work beautifully together and have crafted an incredible story!
Cris
I really enjoyed this book. Hopefully this is part of a series, because the end left it open.
juliet/
I can't believe I read it so quickly. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Ash Palacios
Ash Palacios marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2014
Julius Dammy
Julius Dammy marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2014
Ionut Leonard
Ionut Leonard marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2014
Taryn Tener
Taryn Tener marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2014
Jim Pike
Jim Pike marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2013
Sexy New Book Kicks Off Brand New Urban Fantasy Series 1 5 Apr 02, 2012 09:56AM
  • Once Her Man, Always Her Man (Always a Marine, #1; 1Night Stand, #99)
  • Vaempires: Revolution (The Evolutionary War #1)
  • Promising Light (The Protectors, #1)
  • Shadow on the Wall (The SandStorm Chronicles, #1)
  • Heirs of Prophecy (The Prophecies, #1)
  • The Obsidian Pebble (Artefact, #1)
  • Firecracker
  • The Stubborn Dead (Lost Souls #1)
  • Max and the Gatekeeper
  • The Day of First Sun (Annie Loves Cham, #1)
  • Mystic Ink
  • Chaos (Kardia Chronicles, #1)
  • A Bite's Tale (A Furry Fable)
  • Celtic Storms (Celtic Steel, #1)
  • Halo of the Damned
  • Darkest Caress (Empowered, #1)
  • Of Blood and Bone (The Minaldi Legacy, #1)
  • Demon's Fall
Danielle Hylton-Outland was raised in Virginia. She grew up having a huge appetite for daydreaming; always wanting to live in the spectacular worlds she created in her mind. She now lives with her husband and dog where she is pursuing a degree in literature. Danielle is a strong animal activist. She is currently co-writing the second book in the Flesh Series, "Flesh and Flames".

April Fifer grew u...more
More about April Fifer...
Flesh and Flames (The Flesh Series #2) Love, Lies and a Bloke The Witch and The Werewolf Flesh and Feathers: Volume #1 (The Flesh Series)