Start by marking “El abominable hombre de las nieves (Elige Tu Propia Aventura, #8)” as Want to Read:
El abominable hombre de las nieves (Elige Tu Propia Aventura, #8)

El abominable hombre de las nieves (Choose Your Own Adventure #13)

3.54 of 5 stars 3.54  ·  rating details  ·  508 ratings  ·  47 reviews
¿Existe realmente el Abominable Hombre de las Nieves, o se trata sólo de una leyenda? Tú y tu amigo Carlos están dispuestos a arriesgar la vida para averiguarlo.
Published August 1993 by Editorial Atlántida (first published 1982)

To ask other readers questions about El abominable hombre de las nieves, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about El abominable hombre de las nieves

Peter Derk
Damn it!

I thought I might try my way through some of these books to see if I've gotten any smarter since childhood. I was an idiot then. I thought that playing Tetris on a bigscreen TV would allow me to get a much higher score, for example. I also made a homemade rocket that succeeded in ejecting its own engine and firing it across the neighborhood where it barreled into a neighbor's garage door with a resounding smack.

At this time, in addition to being bad at life decisions, I was also bad at l
Holly
I'm not sure if I actually made it through all 28 endings, but I did quite a few! I saw this originally at the library when I was looking for books for my daughter and was slapped with nostalgia, because I was completely obsessed with Choose You Own Adventure books as a kid, ESPECIALLY the Goosebumps ones. So I grabbed it as kind of a blast from the proverbial past.

I always go to my daughter's school a half hour early before it lets out, and then I sit and read while waiting for her. If you don
Ben
Like many of the reviewers here, I was totally in love with the Choose Your Own Adventure series as a kid. I am glad that the reprint still bears that mysterious, eccentric charm of the Packard-Montgomery universe where nothing is certain and you can fall dead anytime...

I too felt that the story, like others in the series, ended way too quickly. It would be great if someone could come up with an adult version of the series, with a lot more complexity, length and a little more sophisticated prose
Alyssa
I thought that the book Choose your own adventure:The Abominable Snowman was an ok book. I did not think that this book was my favorite because the story that I picked did not have a very good ending. In the book my favorite character was Carlos. He was my favorite character because I personally thought that he was very funny, I also thought that he was the main character in the book. I like the series because I think that it is cool how the author lets you choose the adventure.
Michael
Being the first of the series, I'd say the Abominable Snowman adventure is action-packed and the characters are very thoroughly developed. While the plot takes some surprising turns,it never lets you down. In fact, my favorite ending is the one in which you make it to a Tibetain monastery where you cannot leave. There is a unicorn, the snowman, and other magical creatures.
Miund
Read all of the Choose Your Own Adventure series when I was small, and I just couldn't believe my own stupidity of NOT preserving the books. Verdict: excellent for Librans to exercise decision-making ability. Hm, wonder if my parents bought me these to do so...
Racheal
I used to love these books as a kid. Now that they have rebooted the series and are re-publishing them, I have started my collection anew. I regret ever getting rid of my old copies (though they were quite tattered).

This book had all the elements of Choose Your Own Adventure I love. A few happy endings scattered amidst a triage of disappointment, death, and dismemberment. A little creepy at times and outlandishly hilarious at others, it was the perfect mix.

I actually sat down and devoured the
slcc137
This series is amazing! If you want to make your own book style, make your own paths, buy this book! I've accually never finished it, there are so many possiblities!
Julie Decker
Oh no, your friend disappeared while you were in the mountains searching for the Yeti! Is it too dangerous to save him, or will you brave the snow and the potentially violent creature lurking out in the wilderness?

I picked this up because I was running out of Choose Your Owns that seemed at least somewhat science fiction-y. I'm not very interested in cryptozoology but I thought there might be some fun times in this. Mostly it just seemed stereotypical of the legends and supposed local culture an
Nathaniel Chattic
Grades: 4th - 8th

The "Choose Your Own Adventure" series was around when I was a child, and I remember the appeal of starting a story and not knowing how it will end until you made your choice and flipped to the next page to find out what happened. I never was tired of reading the books over and over again because of the variety of choices, and once I exhausted the book, I went to the next one in the series. Such is the appeal that I think young readers will find with this series of paperback boo
Holden Attradies
This is the first of the current in print editions that my son and I have read together (it also happens to be book #1 in the series). I have to say, I could immediately notice how cleaned up the series i now.

Although I hadn't read an older version of this book recently (I think I had when I was little) I am pretty sure some of the writing was updated. The story flow from this was really good, the endings were pretty evenly spaced and there was a HUGE variety for what can happen in the story.

Pe
Christine Blachford
I was very intrigued when I saw that the Choose Your Own Adventure books were available on the Kindle. Oh, how I loved these books as a child. I've still got one of my very favourites - a tatty old copy of the Sherwood Forest adventure. I have no idea that one captured my imagination above all others, but it's tucked away in a cupboard somewhere.

I couldn't see how the format would work ebook style - getting to the end of each chapter and having to skip forward to a designated page, depending on
Swankivy
I think I settled for reading this Choose Your Own Adventure book because it promised to be at least vaguely science fiction-related, being that it was about a mysterious creature and I expected to get to see it in my travels. This was another book where the endings were just sort of weird, and there were some strange stereotypes (you know, because if you're in Tibet, of course you're going to end up dealing with monks!). I don't mean that the endings were weird in a good way; they were just sor ...more
Phil
When can you say that you've finished reading a Choose Your Own Adventure book? Is it enough to see one plot arc through to its conclusion, or do you have to go back and read each permutation of the story to check the book off of your list?

Honestly, that's beside the point. I read this book (or at least part of it) for fun and nostalgia. Mission accomplished! I'd now say the stories are a little less cohesive or compelling than I remember, but I was an impressionable elementary school student th
Louis Vigo
This was a fun read. It was a great break from some of the heavier reading I usually do. I read it on my Kindle so I'm not sure how much of it I actually read, but I read dozens or endings... each one amusing and fun. I had originally read most of this series when I was a tween, when Dungeons and Dragons was first getting around, and games like Zork were published. It was a great time in "interactive fiction" and there were many creative ideas flurishing at the time.

The Kindle added a good twis
Halit Emin
Bu efsane serinin tekrar basılıyor olması beni çok mutlu etti. Çocukluğunda bu seriyi ıskalamamış olan ebeveynlerin kendi çocuklarına da severek okutacağına eminim :)
YouCanCallMeBooks
Rainier
I survived☺
Brainell
the book was cool because it was aproppiate for me and my likes the term "Choose Your Own Adventure" is good for many books like some kind of "Harry Potter" books because with all those dragons and dungeons the adveture its just right for it.

you and your friend carlos are looking for a certain yeti or monster but carlos decides to go search alone and he gets lost. What do you think ,you go look for him,you wait or you look for the monster by your self.
Sonatajessica
It seems the adventures were tougher and more suspenseful when I was a kid, so I am not sure if I had better editions as a kid or -beware- was easier entertained; the 'better' choices seem rather obvious mos of the time, has it always been that way???
But it was great fun anyhow to dig through this over the Thanksgiving weekend, especially since it was about the Yeti!
William D
I really liked this book because i like how you choose where to go and what happens. I really like that because i get to choose the part that sounds interesting to me. I am sure you will like this book. My story was that I was sent on another mission and in the end I ?????????? ???????????????????????
read this book to find out.
Kelly
This was a dumb story line, but it was kind of fun for Christian to weigh out his options and decide which path to choose. I remembered liking this type of book when I was little. We read two different options and then Christian was bored of it. I might try a different one later down the road.
Haadi
Kelly
It had been so long since I read one of these and they stare me in the face every time I'm at work, saying "Read meeeee!" So I dove into 'The Abominable Snowman' and faced 'THE END' after just 3 choices made. Wow, I make bad choices! :) These are so fun for kids to read; love 'em.
angrykitty
this title had so much promise....i love the idea of the abominable snowman, but the stories ended up being a bit disappointing. truthfully though, there just wasn't enough bad endings....yeah...i'm one of those people....i like when the choose your own adventure goes wrong.
Zack
Where can you meet up with a Yeti or two? In this book, of course! Watch out for the jungle too, because those poachers are vicious. You might not come back alive. Those Yetis can be deadly when angered, especially when they get their hands on a canon.
D.
If you really have to read books, choose ones that are fun like these CHOOSE YOUR OWN ADVENTURE books. When you get to a turning point you can chose the outcome of the story.
Marts  (Thinker)
Imagine trying to get away from an abominable snowman, ha, ha, well this is one place where you can do it and choose from a variety of ways to enjoy the adventure!
Stephanie
Apr 18, 2007 Stephanie rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Decisive People
I loved these books as a kid. I would always cheat by going back if I did not like the adventure I had chosen. I wish they made these sort of books for adults.
Upper Elementary ...: The Abominable Snowman 1 2 Jul 14, 2014 11:54AM
  • Who Killed Harlowe Thrombey? (Choose Your Own Adventure, #9)
  • By Balloon to the Sahara (Choose Your Own Adventure, #3)
  • Secret of the Pyramids (Choose Your Own Adventure, #19)
  • Vampire Express (Choose Your Own Adventure, #31)
  • Inca Gold (Choose Your Own Adventure, #85)
  • Secret of the Ninja (Choose Your Own Adventure, #66)
  • Mountain Of Mirrors (Endless Quest, #2)
  • Search for Dinosaurs (Time Machine, #2)
  • Trial Of Champions (Puffin Adventure Gamebooks)
  • Demons of the Deep (Fighting Fantasy Gamebook)
  • The Prisoners of Time (Lone Wolf, #11)
Raymond A. Montgomery (born 1936 in Connecticut) is an author and progenitor of the Choose Your Own Adventure interactive children's book series. Montgomery graduated from Williams College and went to graduate school at Yale University and New York University (NYU). Montgomery has devoted his life to teaching and education.
More about R.A. Montgomery...

Choose Your Own Adventure (1 - 10 of 185 books)
  • The Cave of Time (Choose Your Own Adventure, #1)
  • Journey Under the Sea (Choose Your Own Adventure, #2)
  • By Balloon to the Sahara (Choose Your Own Adventure, #3)
  • Space and Beyond (Choose Your Own Adventure, #4)
  • The Mystery Of Chimney Rock (Choose Your Own Adventure, #5)
  • Your Code Name Is Jonah (Choose Your Own Adventure #6)
  • The Third Planet from Altair (Choose Your Own Adventure, #7)
  • Deadwood City (Choose Your Own Adventure, #8)
  • Who Killed Harlowe Thrombey? (Choose Your Own Adventure, #9)
  • The Lost Jewels of Nabooti (Choose Your Own Adventure, #10)
Journey Under the Sea (Choose Your Own Adventure, #2) Space and Beyond (Choose Your Own Adventure, #4) Mystery of the Maya (Choose Your Own Adventure, #11) Return to Atlantis (Choose Your Own Adventure, #78) The Lost Jewels of Nabooti (Choose Your Own Adventure, #10)