Start by marking “The Season Of Lost Children” as Want to Read:
The Season Of Lost Children

The Season Of Lost Children

In a small college town in Pennsylvania the lives of a bigamist's wife, a Polish orphan an ex-priest and his wife -- a former nun -- and a mute teenage runaway intersect. The Season of Lost Children explores the question of what constitutes family and finds that the answer is often closer than we think, if only we look with and within our hearts. Although The Season of ...more
Published (first published May 28th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Season Of Lost Children, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Season Of Lost Children

Dan Grippo
Jul 29, 2011 Dan Grippo rated it it was amazing
I was drawn into this story immediately. The opening scene is really quite a brilliant way to introduce so many themes in such a concrete, sensual way -- past and present, attitudes toward body, guilt and cleansing, faith and doubt. Quite a lovely jumping off place for the story. The characters are real, their struggles are our struggles. Blomain has the ability to bring scenes alive with textured sights, sounds, smells, and she has an ear for dialogue and interior thoughts that rings through in ...more
Barb Nuttall Pramick
Sep 01, 2012 Barb Nuttall Pramick rated it it was amazing
This earns an extra star for being the work of a friend and book club buddy who recently died. I had the honor of doing a final edit of this book before it was printed, and I enjoyed doing so, though that type of reading makes it hard to see the forest for the trees. I did reread it once my edits were incorporated, and the book was published. A nice story, with a lot of humor, and some surprises. Thank you, Karen.
Pmcdnld2
Apr 17, 2012 Pmcdnld2 rated it really liked it
This is a sequel to Blomain's Trick of Light-- same characters with different main stories. Probably should read in order. This one centered on Ed and Ellie (former nun and priest) and Kaasia, the little girl Hattie's husband had with his other wife which Hattie discovered after Ben died suddenly in book 1. Kaasia is now in college and comes to town to get some answers about her father. Good story.
Marian
Aug 16, 2011 Marian rated it it was amazing
The Season of Lost Children by Karen Blomain. Everybody in Fenston has a story, often more than one. In the capable hands of Karen Blomain’s poetic writing, each story stands out on its own, yet they are inextricably intertwined like vines in a wreath. Ms Blomain has great compassion for her characters and makes them all familiar to the reader, mostly by her mastery of detailed description.
Marjorie
Aug 01, 2012 Marjorie rated it liked it
This is pretty light reading for me. The plot is somewhat interesting...the characters are well-developed. Too much coincidence and things getting tied up neatly for me.
Diana
Diana rated it liked it
Oct 30, 2012
Nikki
Nikki rated it it was amazing
Feb 29, 2016
Ann Daciuk
Ann Daciuk rated it liked it
Apr 16, 2014
Carol Blaine
Carol Blaine rated it liked it
Nov 28, 2014
Joan Sheridan manara
Joan Sheridan manara rated it it was amazing
Nov 24, 2012
Sandra Chandler
Sandra Chandler rated it it was amazing
May 22, 2014
Eunice Taylor
Eunice Taylor rated it it was amazing
May 18, 2015
Heather Baver
Heather Baver rated it really liked it
Nov 30, 2012
cheryl j black
cheryl j black rated it it was amazing
Nov 27, 2015
Ellen
Ellen rated it did not like it
Jul 30, 2012
Mary Monson
Mary Monson rated it did not like it
May 14, 2016
Joan Sullivan
Joan Sullivan rated it really liked it
Mar 20, 2016
Terri
Terri rated it really liked it
Jan 18, 2016
Thedufficys
Thedufficys rated it really liked it
Jan 29, 2016
Allison
Allison rated it liked it
Mar 23, 2015
Patrick Luddy
Patrick Luddy rated it really liked it
Aug 01, 2016
ishka
ishka rated it really liked it
Jan 04, 2014
Sue
Sue rated it did not like it
Mar 18, 2016
Asowers
Asowers rated it it was amazing
Sep 28, 2012
Amanda Headlee
Amanda Headlee rated it it was amazing
Aug 19, 2014
Ian Comber
Ian Comber rated it really liked it
Jan 19, 2014
Rebecca Lauersdorf
Rebecca Lauersdorf rated it it was ok
Aug 10, 2015