Start by marking “Red Velvet (Forever Friends, #2)” as Want to Read:
Red Velvet (Forever Friends, #2)

Red Velvet (Forever Friends #2)

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  121 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Is she making her mom happy, or giving her permission to die?

Quinn Miller and her family are heading to Seattle for a six-week stay at Anderson House—a home away from home for cancer patients and their families—while her mother undergoes treatment. Once there, Quinn meets Annie, whose mom is also going through treatment. Each girl discovers that she has something special t
Published November 28th 2005 by Bethany House Publishers (first published October 11th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Red Velvet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Red Velvet

Melangel
Jill Williamson
While her mother undergoes treatment for stage four breast cancer, Quinn Miller and her family move to Seattle to stay at Anderson House, a special home for cancer patients and their families. At her new school, Quinn meets Annie, a girl whose mother also has cancer. The two become friends, although Annie is reluctant to talk about her mom’s treatment.

Quinn’s family is open about everything. Quinn even attends her mom’s treatments, reading to her and leaving love notes written in candy hearts. S
Although this book was a hard read for me, I think the author did a great job tackling a very difficult subject.

The 13 or 14 year old in this story (can't remember her age) is living on Planet Cancer as her mom is struggling through stage 4 breast cancer. I too clearly remember what having a parent with stage 4 brain cancer was like, so this book hit close to home.

I think the author did a really nice job giving the reader a glimpse into living with cancer and how it affects family and friends. A
Melissa
Great YA about a girl whose mom has breast cancer. Meets another girl in the same situation.
Allie
Kerith
Jul 26, 2011 Kerith rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: ya
A nice tale of friendship between two girls whose mothers have cancer. The main character's relationship with her family is beautiful and I enjoyed her propensity for list-making (especially the list of drinks she had to try at Starbucks); still the writing was just all right and, while the Christian twist to the whole thing was no surprise, I wish there could've been a bit more to it.
Alicia
I thought this was a touching book about a young girl who's mother is battling cancer. Cancer has touched my family several times; this is probably why I liked this book at least somewhat. Good tale of friendship and I liked the Christian touch. However, some of the word choicing in this book was just atrocious. It literally made me cringe.
Christina
Apr 02, 2009 Christina rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: young female readers
Shelves: young-adult, series, 4
An intriguing short novel about a young girl whose mother has cancer. The young girl's family moves to a cancer treatment place, and she meets another girl her age whose mother also has cancer. They of course become friends and help each other cope.
Emma J
Aug 28, 2011 Emma J rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone
I think its a really good book beside a few grammatical errors and spelling. So good at one point it even made me cry thinking of my family and people I know that are dying or have died from cancer.
Lisa
Just okay. I've heard good things about this author, but the only reason I finished this book (YA fiction) is that I was stressed and needed something to take my mind off it.
Emily
this book was like the BEST BOOK I HAVE EVER READ!!!!!it faces many challenges and teaches many lessons that young girls face in their tween years, I loved it!!!!!!!!
Abby
This book was a sad read but I really enjoyed it! Sandra Byrd really has a way of telling her experience in a way that makes you feel for the characters!
Anna Gibson
This was an awesome book! It has some pretty sad parts though about breast cancer. I would love a sequel!
Emma Kastelein
amazing.but super sad........i read it 2 times.
Mary
Great book! Will read again for sure!
Hannah
this book totally made me cry!
Halee
Halee marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2014
Laura marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014
Brianna
Brianna marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2014
Emma
Emma added it
Aug 13, 2014
Hanza
Hanza marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Becca
Becca added it
Aug 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • True Friends (Christy Miller, #7)
  • Heat Wave: Surviving the Fourth Bowl Judgment (Left Behind: The Kids, #37)
  • The Cards (Forbidden Doors, #12)
  • The Unwilling Bride
  • It's a Green Thing (Diary of a Teenage Girl: Maya, #2)
After earning her first rejection at the age of thirteen, bestselling author Sandra Byrd has now published more than forty books. Her adult fiction debut, Let Them Eat Cake, was a Christy Award finalist, as was her first historical novel, To Die For: A Novel of Anne Boleyn. To Die For was also named by Library Journal as a Best Books Pick for 2011 and The Secret Keeper: A Novel of Kateryn Parr, wa ...more
More about Sandra Byrd...
To Die For: A Novel of Anne Boleyn (Ladies in Waiting, #1) Let Them Eat Cake (French Twist #1) Bon Appetit (French Twist #2) The Secret Keeper: A Novel of Kateryn Parr (Ladies in Waiting #2) Piece de Resistance (French Twist, #3)