Start by marking “Red Velvet (Forever Friends, #2)” as Want to Read:
Red Velvet (Forever Friends, #2)

Red Velvet (Forever Friends #2)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating Details  ·  140 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
Is she making her mom happy, or giving her permission to die?

Quinn Miller and her family are heading to Seattle for a six-week stay at Anderson House—a home away from home for cancer patients and their families—while her mother undergoes treatment. Once there, Quinn meets Annie, whose mom is also going through treatment. Each girl discovers that she has something special t
Published November 28th 2005 by Bethany House Publishers (first published October 11th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Red Velvet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Red Velvet

Jesseca Wheaton
Mar 16, 2016 Jesseca Wheaton rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rating: 3.5 stars.
We were at our library the other day, and I spotted this on their for-sale bookshelf. I picked it up and it looked interesting, so I decided I might as well give it a try. (Used paperbacks are $0.25. What did I have to lose?)
I still can't believe just how much I enjoyed this book. It was contemporary fiction, which is not a genre I normally read, so I didn't know what to expect. The fact that her mom had cancer was what caught my attention to begin with. I have a parent who ha
Jill Williamson
Nov 25, 2008 Jill Williamson rated it it was amazing
While her mother undergoes treatment for stage four breast cancer, Quinn Miller and her family move to Seattle to stay at Anderson House, a special home for cancer patients and their families. At her new school, Quinn meets Annie, a girl whose mother also has cancer. The two become friends, although Annie is reluctant to talk about her mom’s treatment.

Quinn’s family is open about everything. Quinn even attends her mom’s treatments, reading to her and leaving love notes written in candy hearts. S
Oct 19, 2009 Laura rated it it was amazing
Although this book was a hard read for me, I think the author did a great job tackling a very difficult subject.

The 13 or 14 year old in this story (can't remember her age) is living on Planet Cancer as her mom is struggling through stage 4 breast cancer. I too clearly remember what having a parent with stage 4 brain cancer was like, so this book hit close to home.

I think the author did a really nice job giving the reader a glimpse into living with cancer and how it affects family and friends. A
Melangel
Apr 16, 2015 Melangel rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christian
Danielle Leger
Jan 13, 2016 Danielle Leger rated it it was amazing
Although this was a hard topic for me to read about, the author did an amazing job at covering the topic and the ending was truly a blessing!
Melissa
Sep 11, 2014 Melissa rated it liked it
Great YA about a girl whose mom has breast cancer. Meets another girl in the same situation.
Allie
Feb 11, 2009 Allie rated it it was amazing
Kerith
Jul 26, 2011 Kerith rated it it was ok
Shelves: ya
A nice tale of friendship between two girls whose mothers have cancer. The main character's relationship with her family is beautiful and I enjoyed her propensity for list-making (especially the list of drinks she had to try at Starbucks); still the writing was just all right and, while the Christian twist to the whole thing was no surprise, I wish there could've been a bit more to it.
Alicia
Dec 10, 2008 Alicia rated it liked it
I thought this was a touching book about a young girl who's mother is battling cancer. Cancer has touched my family several times; this is probably why I liked this book at least somewhat. Good tale of friendship and I liked the Christian touch. However, some of the word choicing in this book was just atrocious. It literally made me cringe.
Christina
Apr 02, 2009 Christina rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: young female readers
Shelves: 4, series, young-adult
An intriguing short novel about a young girl whose mother has cancer. The young girl's family moves to a cancer treatment place, and she meets another girl her age whose mother also has cancer. They of course become friends and help each other cope.
Emma J
Aug 28, 2011 Emma J rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Everyone
I think its a really good book beside a few grammatical errors and spelling. So good at one point it even made me cry thinking of my family and people I know that are dying or have died from cancer.
Lisa
Oct 13, 2008 Lisa rated it it was ok
Just okay. I've heard good things about this author, but the only reason I finished this book (YA fiction) is that I was stressed and needed something to take my mind off it.
Emily
Oct 20, 2009 Emily rated it it was amazing
this book was like the BEST BOOK I HAVE EVER READ!!!!!it faces many challenges and teaches many lessons that young girls face in their tween years, I loved it!!!!!!!!
Abby
Oct 22, 2012 Abby rated it it was amazing
This book was a sad read but I really enjoyed it! Sandra Byrd really has a way of telling her experience in a way that makes you feel for the characters!
Anna Gibson
Jul 03, 2010 Anna Gibson rated it it was amazing
This was an awesome book! It has some pretty sad parts though about breast cancer. I would love a sequel!
Emma Kastelein
Jan 16, 2010 Emma Kastelein rated it it was amazing
amazing.but super sad........i read it 2 times.
Mary
Jul 27, 2008 Mary rated it it was amazing
Great book! Will read again for sure!
Hannah
Nov 27, 2010 Hannah rated it liked it
this book totally made me cry!
Martha
Martha marked it as to-read
May 01, 2016
Erin Scott
Erin Scott rated it it was amazing
Apr 05, 2016
Emma Jane
Emma Jane rated it really liked it
Mar 16, 2016
Mar
Mar marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2016
Sharon
Sharon marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2016
lisa monagle
lisa monagle rated it liked it
Feb 23, 2016
Melanie
Melanie marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2016
Andrew Vickers
Andrew Vickers marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2016
Bonnie Palmer
Bonnie Palmer rated it it was amazing
Jan 25, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • It's a Green Thing (Diary of a Teenage Girl: Maya, #2)
  • The Crystal Ball: A Rebecca Mystery
  • The Hidden Gold: A Marie-Grace Mystery
  • The Cards (Forbidden Doors, #12)
  • Lucy Doesn't Wear Pink (Lucy #1)
  • Starry Night (Christy Miller, #8)
  • A Bundle of Trouble: A Rebecca Mystery
  • Sylvie and the Songman
  • The Unwilling Bride
  • Unclaimed Legacy (History Mystery #2)
  • Purple Knot (Shades of Hope, #1)
After earning her first rejection at the age of thirteen, bestselling author Sandra Byrd has now published more than forty books. Her adult fiction debut, Let Them Eat Cake, was a Christy Award finalist, as was her first historical novel, To Die For: A Novel of Anne Boleyn. To Die For was also named by Library Journal as a Best Books Pick for 2011 and The Secret Keeper: A Novel of Kateryn Parr, wa ...more
More about Sandra Byrd...

Forever Friends (3 books)
  • Chopstick
  • Daisy Chains (Forever Friends #3)