Start by marking “Playing with Fire (The McKenzie Brothers, #2)” as Want to Read:
Playing with Fire (The McKenzie Brothers, #2)

Playing with Fire (The McKenzie Brothers)

The last place Heather Morgan thought she’d find herself was in a house of Eros. There she waited to be sold to the highest bidder as a way to pay off her father’s mountain of debt to the proprietor of the gaming house holding the auction.

Drew McKenzie had no intention of buying a mistress. But something about the delicate beauty with chestnut hair and gold-flecked dark ey
ebook
Published October 1st 2011 by Musa Publishing (first published November 26th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Playing with Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Playing with Fire

Cynthia
Jan 07, 2015 Cynthia rated it it was amazing
I had to hold my breath as this book takes off, to be put up on a block for sale is mind blowing. To be a total innocent as ladies where in that day and time would be your worst nightmare. To become a man’s mistress in that day and time is bad enough but to a total stranger is mind blowing. What a nightmare it would have been for Heather whose mother died when she was young. No one to tell her the ways of men and what was expect in a marriage bed let alone what to expect as a man’s mistress.

The
Darlene
Feb 10, 2015 Darlene rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone especially historical romance readers
Recommended to Darlene by: Kimberly Nee
Shelves: arc
I rec'd an ARC of this second book in the series of the McKenzie brothers from the author Kimberly Nee, in exchange for an honest opinion. This is mousiey very honest opinion. Ms Nee has done it again this book is awesome!! And even better than the first one. Ms Nee has a true talent with words and story telling . she can make them come to life and jump off the page right before your eyes. In Playing in Fire we find Drew the youngest of the McKenzie's brothers in the House of Eros. Where young ...more
Kathy Wideman
Jun 23, 2015 Kathy Wideman rated it really liked it
This book was great. The book was wonderfully written and the characters pull you in. Heather never thought she would be in a gaming house being bid on. Drew never thought that he would be buying a mistress. But that is what is happening to both of them. Drew bid on Heather because he knew the other man bidding on her and knew what he wanted from her. Something about her made Drew want to protect her. Heather is unsure of what to expect from Drew. Drew is going to sail home and is taking Heather ...more
Shawna
Apr 25, 2015 Shawna rated it it was amazing
“Playing With Fire” is the second book in the McKenzie Brothers series by Kimberly Nee. Kimberly did another great job with this book, it kept me just as hooked at the first one did. Like Katherine, Heather too came from a privileged background and was thrust into a life she never expected to live. She may not be a strong, feisty female at the beginning but she does prove herself to be a very loving and devoted woman who defiantly grows to be the strong woman you only get a glimpse of in the ...more
Marissa
Jan 29, 2015 Marissa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kindle Copy for Review

Heather Morgan finds herself being auctioned off to the highest bidder to pay off her father’s debts. She awaits her fate where she will become a whore to the highest bidder.

Drew Morgan did not plan to attend the auction. He had no need for a mistress on his life as a Captain of a ship going back and forth to America and England. But when he sees her, he is struck by more than his beauty as he feels the need to rescue her. He is weary of females as he had his heart broken b
Vanessa Sims
Feb 13, 2015 Vanessa Sims rated it really liked it
Heather is auctioned off to pay off her fathers debt.

Drew Morgan is the lucky winner, who bids on her, though he hadn’t planned to be there that day. Lucky for Heather that he was. Though I’m curios how you explain how you they come to meet to their children.

Drew has been hurt by another and has sworn off women. Though when it comes to Heather he finds out that he will do anything to keep her safe. When Heather’s past comes back for her, will it tear the apart or pull them closer together?

I was
Danielle Goodwin
Dec 24, 2015 Danielle Goodwin rated it it was amazing
Kimberly Nee’s “Playing With Fire” is the second book in her McKenzie Brothers series, and the second book is just as good as the first! I would liken the series to Stephanie Laurens’ Black Cobra Quartet series. The entire series is very well done and has nice, full stories in each book as well as interconnections between the books. Each book has a lot of really sexy parts, which is good because I hate historical romances without any naughty bits! “Playing with Fire” has Heather, the leading ...more
CoffeeTimeRomance andMore
A Regency novel is made all the more interesting when you have two characters with as much spunk and fire as Drew and Heather. Drew is a man all women will easily fall in love with, due to his passion, zest for life, and wicked sense of humor. Heather of course is a bit more subdued, and at times a little insecure, but she rarely lets Drew get away with a temper fit. They fill this read with sweetness and spice and everything naughty and nice.

Lototy
Reviewer for Coffee Time Romance & More

Off
Naomi Polovich
Feb 13, 2015 Naomi Polovich rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in The McKenzie Brothers Series, it is a historical Romance setting with some naughty bedroom romance and story suspense. The Author does a great job setting up the scene for you in the story, and makes you want to keep reading and turning the pages. This story follows Heather and Drew and how they meet and fall in love. The author does a great job connecting the series of the books together but also keeping them separate. I am looking forward to reading the next book in ...more
Raylene Green
Feb 08, 2015 Raylene Green rated it really liked it
Reviewed for Hooked on Books---4 stars!

Once again, I'll have to say that I'm very surprised that I ended up liking this book. This one is about Drew and Heather, the brother of Garrett. I don't really have a lot to say other than I thoroughly enjoyed it and I can't wait to see what happens in the next one and who it's about!
Hooked On Books
Feb 09, 2015 Hooked On Books rated it really liked it
Reviewed for Hooked on Books---4 stars!

Venture
Feb 14, 2015 Venture rated it it was amazing
Forced to sell her virtue to pay for her father's bills but being put on auction sounds horribly worse. Drew saves her from a sinister guy but now he has a mistress. The issues they have together and separately keep your attention throughout the book.
Sara Ester
Sara Ester rated it really liked it
Oct 31, 2015
Katya_Mee
Katya_Mee rated it really liked it
Jan 21, 2015
Janie
Janie marked it as to-read
May 06, 2013
Kelly
Kelly added it
Jun 02, 2013
Steph
Steph marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2013
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2013
Paddy
Paddy marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2015
Agnes
Agnes marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2015
Rettah
Rettah added it
Apr 08, 2015
Beiza
Beiza added it
Nov 12, 2015
Angie
Angie marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2016
I write historical romance for Samhain Publishing, The Wild Rose Press, and Musa Publishing. I love Bruce Springsteen, the New York Yankees, the New York Giants, the New York Rangers, and all things historical.
More about Kimberly Nee...

The McKenzie Brothers (4 books)
  • The Pursuit (The McKenzie Brothers #1)
  • A Perfect Lady (The McKenzie Brothers, #3)
  • Windemere (The McKenzie Brothers, #4)