Start by marking “Psychotic Remodeling” as Want to Read:
Psychotic Remodeling

Psychotic Remodeling

it was amazing 5.0  ·  Rating Details ·  2 Ratings  ·  2 Reviews
"This is the guidebook of on-the-job problems. The following pages contain tales of scheduling, seduction, allowances, death, change orders, and criminal behavior. This "how-not-to" book is based on the notion that we all learn from our mistakes, for goof-ups seem to create a more indelible impression than the tiny triumphs that make up a day."

To ask other readers questions about Psychotic Remodeling, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Psychotic Remodeling

Rick MacKay
Jul 06, 2016 Rick MacKay rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
First book. I followed conventional wisdom for a successful book:

#1 Write what you know-----I had been a remodel contractor for over 30 years at that point.
#2 Non-fiction-----Everything is true, even though some of it is unbelievable.
#3 Humor----Lots of that, especially if dry, sardonic, dark humor is your thing. Plenty of Reader's Digest style laughs too.
#4 Informative and useful----This book will save contractors, DIY'ers, and homeowners lots of time and money.
#5 Different----Really, how man
Melanie Adkins
Aug 02, 2016 Melanie Adkins rated it it was amazing
Are you thinking of remodeling your home? Do you have lots of experience with remodeling your home? Either way, this book is for you. We've all known someone or experienced the headaches of remodeling. The problem is, we see it through the customer stand point. This book will show you from the construction company or remodeling company's point of view. Believe me, there are many things we as customers don't consider when beginning this challenge. You will after you read this book.

Well written
Kim
Kim added it
Sep 29, 2014
Nicole Harris
Nicole Harris marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2016
Brenda Knight
Brenda Knight marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2016
Raised in Oak Park, Ill., and moved to Trinidad, Colorado, with my future (and present!) wife in January 1972. 5 years in an old mining camp outside Trinidad was plenty, and we moved up to the Denver area to begin a family. However, the Trinidad Experience never completely leaves former residents, and that period in time is recounted in the forthcoming novel, "The Purgatory Dam Project."

A couple
More about Rick MacKay...