The Look of Love (The Sullivans, #1)
read ebook

The Look of Love (The Sullivans #1)

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  10,267 ratings  ·  741 reviews
Fall in love with the Sullivans in Bella Andre's New York Times and USA Today bestselling contemporary romance series! Over a million books sold so far!

With THE LOOK OF LOVE, Bella Andre introduces you to the emotional, sexy and fun contemporary romance series about the Sullivan family. Because when a Sullivan bad boy falls...he falls hard. And it's forever.

BOOK DESCRIPTIO...more
Published June 13th 2011 by Bella Andre

The Look of Love by Bella AndreFrom This Moment On by Bella AndreI Only Have Eyes for You by Bella AndreCan't Help Falling In Love by Bella AndreIf You Were Mine by Bella Andre
Romance Series about Families
1st out of 294 books — 154 voters
Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireFifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesHopeless by Colleen HooverEffortless by S.C. StephensThoughtless by S.C. Stephens
Best Book Boyfriends
394th out of 3,765 books — 15,505 voters

More lists with this book...

Jess

Zach – Owner, autoshop chain
Gabe – Firefighter
Lori (Naughty) – Dancer/choreographer
Sophie (Nice) – Librarian

The Look of Love is book #1 in the Sullivan Family series, following the 8 siblings listed above. Chase is up first and he would be the model for the ultimate good guy. On his way to his brother’s winery for a photo shoot, he sees a car...more
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

THE LOOK OF LOVE is the first book in the Sullivan’s series and I think Bella Andre has a hit on her hands. Not only are the characters very likeable and engaging, but they hold a certain appeal that makes you respect them and their choices.

In the midst of a storm, Chase Sullivan, the photographer finds Chloe on the side of the road. Thinking he’s doing a good deed, he pulls over and tries to help this woman who is drenched to the bone and is sporting a shiner. Instead of pressing the issue, h...more
Ann
I truly wanted to like this one, many of my reader buddies like it, hoping it was more along the lines of Marie Force's Gansett Island series, however sadly it's not. Just bad dialogue and too cheesy. One truly bizarre part about 78% in where the H, Chase, a 32 year old professional photographer, is thinking about the h, Chloe, Chase thinks: "What an idiot he was. Nearly 2 decades of as much sex as he wanted with models and actresses hadn't so much as been the first chapter of the rule book for...more
Akanksha ❤
“I didn’t fall in love with you because you’re so lovely it hurts to look at you. I didn’t fall in love with you because you make love like a dream. All of that is just a bonus.” *swoon!!*

This book is so EFFING cute my bloody face hurts grinning like a fool throughout!
description

Chase lifted his glass. “To rainy nights.”
She tipped her flute against his, murmuring, “To rainy nights” in a husky voice.
He continued to hold his glass against hers. “And to one very lovely woman that a storm brought into my life.
Wendy
Plenty of steamy love scenes, with a well paced story that progresses on, without any dull moments. This is a well written romance that will have you hooked. While there's are no surprises to where Chloe and Chase's relationship ends up, it's still a fun read. Loved it!

Splage
A promising start to a series of books about the incredibly gorgeous and successful siblings of the Sullivan family. I have seen good reviews for this series from even some tough reviewers so I thought I would give it a try.

When I think of Bella Andre I think of hot erotica. Well, there is lot and lots of sex in the story, but with wonderful characters, an engaging story and some serious passionate and romantic chemistry between Chase and Chloe. The sex scenes were long and plentiful, but the bu...more
Jen
I decided to take the plunge and start reading the popular series about the Sullivan family that was created by Bella Andre. Now a few years back, I had read the first book and became sidetracked to other books instead of coninuing on with the series! (This is a very common thing with me!) I knew that I had better do a re-read to refresh my memory before I moved onto the oldest Sullivan brother's book. I am sure glad that I did, and I truly enjoyed this fun-loving romantic story. I found Chase a...more
Joy (joyous reads)
Well.

What was I expecting anyway?

Chloe just ran away from an abusive drunk. On a rainy night, down a stretch of Napa Valley highway, her car skidded to a fence and into its death (the car's...let's make that clear Lol). That’s where Chase found her, stranded, looking like a drowned rat with a mighty shiner courtesy of her ex-husband. Instant chemistry abounds. One of those, ohemmgee-I-must-have-her/must-protect-her/mine-mine-mine type of chemistry. Chloe was skittish, understandle given her si...more
Ngaio
I really liked this steamy little romance but I thought the story could have been expanded on some more! I'm definitely going to read the other siblings books!
Aestas Book Blog
Jan 21, 2013 Aestas Book Blog marked it as to-read
So... I've been told this series is really good. Opinions?
Duchess Nicole
I read this in a pick it for me challenge. I've had this author on my 'maybe' shelf for quite awhile and I'm glad I got the prod to pick up this first in series book. Many thanks to Linda!!

The premise sounded like just the kind of book I love...and for the most part, it really was. Chloe finds herself beaten, battered, scared and running one night when her car runs off of the road during a rainstorm. When Chase happens to drive by and notice the car in the ditch, the modern day knight in shining...more
Mafi
Já presumia que de conteúdo o livro não tivesse muito, à semelhança do livro anterior, este também é parco nas páginas (nem chega a duzentas) mas mesmo assim pensei que houvesse um romance, acho que era isso que a autora pretendia mostrar...uma história de amor. Ou então não e sou eu que não percebo nada disto.

opinião - http://algodaodoceparaocerebro.blogsp...
 ~V~
The Look of Love was an enjoyable first book in the Sullivan's series, it was cute, sweet and there were some pretty sexy scenes..i liked it, but i wasn't blown away by it...it wasn't overly exciting and the romance felt a little bit rushed. I will definitely be giving the rest of the books a shot though, since everyone is insistent that this series gets better and better with each book.
Lisa Jayne
Funny, sexy, romantic, chemistry by the bucket load, lots of scrumptious brothers, I could go on and on ...

I got caught up in this romantic short novel and the best thing about it was ... Wait for it, the FEMALE lead - YES she is bloody brilliant and I loved her no annoying trait in sight!! Sassy, upfront, sense of humor, strong, feminine. Right along side my girl crush was my romantic boy crush - Chase, this is a Sullivan brother that you can not resist (read and fall girls, read and fall!!)

Wha...more
Michelle Kelly
Well that was a disappointment.

At about 60% I was ready to throw in the towel with The Look of Love. I kept going because I don't like not finishing a book. I also purchased a bunch of Bella Andre books in a package deal which were the first five books of this Sullivan series. I kept hoping and hoping that I would eventually get drawn into this story. I didn't.

The word "lovely" was used 55 times to describe Chloe. 55 times! Chloe had a lovely face, a lov...more
Katie(babs)
May 12, 2013 Katie(babs) added it
Shelves: dnf-award
DNF by chapter 2. Sorry, I'm not into heroes like Chase who is introduced right from the start of being into one night stands and is obsessed because he hasn't had sex in 1 month. He comes across as having an unhealthy sexual addiction.

When he meets the heroine who has been through a bad trauma, all he can think about is having sex with her. He takes her back to his brother's winery where another woman is waiting for him naked in bed. She leaves and he's basically all over the heroine who who w...more
Christina
It was a little cheesy, the good kinda cheesy, but Chase was so hot for falling for Chloe so fast and so hard. It was predictable, there was a little drama, but it ended on a great note leading to the next book in the series.
Kellie G.
CURRENTLY REREADING!! 9/28/13

Totally loved it! Moving right on to the next one.
Kristin Anders
Jun 10, 2012 Kristin Anders rated it 3 of 5 stars Recommends it for: contemporary romance readers, newly single ladies
The Look of Love rating: 3 out of 5 stars

The Sullivans series rating: N/A (haven't read them all)

The Look of Love (published in 2011) is the first book of Bella Andre's The Sullivan series.

How are the sex scenes?

My iPad says this book is 279 pages. I'd say at least half that is filled with scorching hot, clever, bocce ball inspired, stranger sex.

How are the story lines?

Story line. You only get one for your money with this book, but it's a decent one.

Would you read it again?

Yes, especially if I...more
Lauren at Live Read and Breathe Reviews
For this review and more Live Read and Breathe

I was given the series for honest reviews and I was not sure how I was going to like them. Let's start this with... holy hell those Sullivan's have quite the gene pool of talent and good looks. I love that these books are set up as stand alones are can be read as a series. Since I have a bit of OCD I will be reading them in the order. :)

This book is about Chase and how he literally picks up Chloe at the side of the road. Often I have a hard time bel...more
Clio Reads
The heroine of this book is just so... clean. Seriously, in the first 24 hours of the story, she took one bath and two showers. -And it's not like she'd been exerting herself doing anything crazy or dirty to merit all that bathing: no, in those twenty-four hours, she slept (alone) on clean sheets and then sat around in a vineyard watching a photo shoot all day. However, bathing = being naked, which leads to imagining the hero naked, which leads to imagining other things, and imagination shortly...more
Jennifer (TexasDiva74)
What an awesome book!!!!

Bella Andre's books have been recommended to me before, and I could kick myself for not reading one of them sooner. I absolutely loved this book, both for the tender, romantic moments and the intense love scenes. I am completely infatuated with the Sullivans and giddy with glee that this is the first book in what has to be a great series. I've already downloaded the next book. Yippee!!
Katina
3.5. This was good. I had a hard one initially with this book because I didn't think it was believable however it got really good towards the end! Bella Andre is definitely a good story teller. I'm looking forward to the next book.
Dee
This is probably more like a 3.5 stars , it was a good start to the series and I did enjoy it just not gonna rave over it.
Malinda
3-3.5 stars

This was a good story. I liked Chase and Chloe and the story was good. This is the first story I've read by this author and based off this I may try more of her work. I'll probably read more of this series down the road.

Chloe is a good woman with some bad history. She was married to a man that treated her badly. She divorced him but once she was trying to make a life for herself, he decides to try to come after her to force her to come back to him. She runs from him and ends up drivin...more
Mina De Caro (Mina's Bookshelf)
Extended review available on Mina's Bookshelf http://minadecaro.blogspot.com/2013/0...

It was in those moments, when everyone was cold and nothing was going "right", that magic would happen.

And 'magic' really happened for romance writer Bella Andre when she went from being dropped by her former publisher because her stories failed to sell, to becoming a New York Times and USA Today insanely popular/best-selling author, […]. If you decide to pick up The Sullivan series, starting from its delicious...more
Cocktails and Books
I'd heard a lot about this series and had bought this book a few months ago. Unfortunately, it sat on my Nook app just waiting for me to find the time to read it. After reading it, this is one of those times where I'd like to slap myself for not reading this sooner.

Bella Andre has created a family of wickedly handsome men and gorgeous women in the Sullivan's. This first installment has middle son Chase falling for a woman he finds stranded on the side of the road during a rainstorm in Napa.

Chas...more
Donna Davis
Every now and then you happen upon an author new to you that you love.....

I just happened to be skimming through some listmanias and found Bella Andre - and with all those stars I'm going to try her books. I bought The Look of Love and Taste me (just in case...).

As I read Chase & Chloe's story I couldn't help thinking that this story is what many women want. We want to stumble over a guy who is our every dream during the blackest moments of our lives, and Chase is that guy. I don't care that...more
Kame
I have read so many comments on FB posts and here on GoodReads that I thought I was missing something by not reading this series.

What is not to be intrigued by - a close knit family of 8 - 6 strapping handsome brothers and they all adore each other and have fantastic careers.

I thought I was going to be swept away and want to devour all these books - I was trying to figure out my "book" budget so I could buy them. I'll start with the first and then... Well I am not sure I am going to read #2 and...more
Holly
The premise of this story is simple.

Chloe has been having a pretty bad day. First she is attacked by her ex, and then she crashes her car in a ditch during a rainstorm. But her day takes an unexpected turn for the better when she is rescued by a kind stranger. That good Samaritan is local photographer Chase Sullivan and he and Chloe share a chemistry that from the very beginning is nothing less than scorching.

I have never been a huge fan of contemporary romances, but this book completely won me...more
  • Longing for Love (The McCarthys of Gansett Island, #7)
  • All He Ever Dreamed (Kowalski Family, #6)
  • Head Over Heels (Lucky Harbor, #3)
  • Just One Kiss (Fool's Gold, #10)
  • Private Paradise (Private, #2)
  • Runaway Heiress (Billionaire Bachelors, #6)
  • Chased (Chase Brothers, #3)
New York Times, USA Today and Publishers Weekly Bestselling Author of "The Sullivans" series.

Having sold more than 3 million books, Bella Andre’s novels have been #1 bestsellers around the world. After signing a groundbreaking 7-figure print-only deal with Harlequin MIRA, Bella’s Sullivan series is being released in paperback in the US, Canada, the UK, and Australia.

Known for “sensual, empowered s...more
More about Bella Andre...
I Only Have Eyes for You (The Sullivans, #4) From This Moment On (The Sullivans, #2) Can't Help Falling In Love (The Sullivans, #3) Let Me Be the One (The Sullivans, #6) If You Were Mine (The Sullivans, #5)

“Looking for the good in people is never stupid.” 57 likes
“If Marcus hadn't already faced the fact that he was head over heels in love with Nicola, he would have fallen right then...along with five thousand other people in the sold-out concert hall in San Francisco.” 9 likes