Start by marking “The Black Stiletto: Black & White (The Black Stiletto #2)” as Want to Read:
The Black Stiletto: Black & White (The Black Stiletto #2)

The Black Stiletto: Black & White (The Black Stiletto #2)

It’s 1959, and Judy Cooper, the Black Stiletto, sets out to confront a dangerous gangster known as the heroin king of Harlem when the teenage daughter of her beloved martial arts instructor ends up a prisoner in an uptown narcotics den.

And the Stiletto has troubles of her own – a shady filmmaker is threatening to reveal her identity to the world - a close friend of her la
Published May 30th 2012 by Oceanview Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Black Stiletto, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Black Stiletto

Lou
May 29, 2012 Lou rated it really liked it
This is the second book that provides a look back in the life of the vigilante femme-fatale the black stiletto known as Judy Cooper to a few.
She's a character that is still rated high in my list of heroines, well there not really a list yet!
This story of her life is delivered in diary form as the debut book was.
She is still out there active fight crimes and helping the innocent. There are a few Nasty characters in this novel. One man she respects and is concerned of is her martial arts teacher,
Mike (the Paladin)
Dec 07, 2015 Mike (the Paladin) rated it it was ok
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Well, I liked the first one much better. To be fair I think it's just that the story is going in a direction that loses my interest.

I think it's just that the bloom is off the rose a bit. Judy is about the same and she's still so very young for a person whose been through the things that she has. I found myself sort of skipping through the book more bored than interested in the developments in her life.

(view spoiler)
Terry Mckone
Nov 19, 2016 Terry Mckone rated it liked it
I liked the first book better. Maybe it was the newness of the characters. It seemed longer than it needed to be and somewhat predictable. Still it was a light, easy read.
Meri-Lyn
Oct 03, 2016 Meri-Lyn rated it really liked it
Fun crime adventure. I read the first one some time ago and was glad to see there were more. I'll read them all, as I enjoy the characters.
Susan
Judy continues to grow in character and skill in this awesome addition to the Black Stiletto series. I absolutely loved the first book. Book 2 was just as good if not better. Raymond Bensen skillfully draws in more complications to the plot, giving the reader the extra anxiety of FBI interest in the Black Stiletto. Special Agent John Richardson makes for an intriguing hunter and potential love interest. Add to that a heroin drug lord named Purdy who catches the interest of the Black Stiletto ...more
Rhonda
Nov 29, 2012 Rhonda rated it it was amazing
The Black Stiletto: Black & White by Raymond Benson
5 STARS

Black & White is the second novel of the the Black Stiletto. I really enjoyed it.
I keep rooting for Judy Cooper and want things to go her way.
Martin is reading the second diary of his mother as she explains what is going on in her life as the Black Stiletto. Martin had no idea that his mom was the Black Stiletto till she was in a care center with altimers.
The story jumps from what is happening in Judy's life back in 1959 in New Y
Rosary
Jul 16, 2012 Rosary rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Mark
Jun 11, 2012 Mark rated it it was amazing
Judy Cooper's world is divided into daytime and the night. She may be a vigilante fighting against evil and for justice, but nothing in her life is really that Black and White. Raymond Benson's second installment of the Black Stiletto series tells the story of a single young woman in 1959 New York City through the narrative of her diary's recently found in the current day by her son and only child. He remembers his mother as a caring, vital woman now in care for Alzheimer's. Who knew that she ...more
Cosmic Dwellings
Sep 05, 2012 Cosmic Dwellings rated it it was amazing
Twistin' an' a-turnin' with lies, deceit and flying bullets! The life of Judy Cooper Talbot continues in the sequel to 'The Black Stiletto: The First Diary'; it's all here as we further grow to love the southern 'cuteness' of our favorite Texan from New York. For all the 'hits' she gives, and takes - both physical and emotional - we feel her pain throughout this red hot track of a runaway train journey which covers the 'Black Stiletto' year of 1959. Judy tackles both the FBI and two gangland ...more
Elle!
Dec 09, 2012 Elle! rated it it was amazing
Boom! That's how my eyes felt after reading pure greatness. Ever read pure greatness?No you haven't. Not until you've read this book. This book is equal parts exciting action and seething with realism. There is a fine line between make-believe and action but Benson does it correctly. The novel is written in 2 POV's Lucy and her son, who stumbled upon a diary and finds out his now mother is dosed with severe Alzheimer is a dominatrix crime fighting legend.
He falls in old memories of Lucy and eve
Kandice
After having read the first book, I had reservations about this one. I enjoyed the concept for the books, but the story in the first of the series left me less than enthusiastic. However, this book was much better than the first Black Stiletto novel. Exploring issues of race, prejudice, and the growing drug trade in America, this novel had the Black Stiletto also falling in love with an FBI agent. While this made an interesting aside to the story, the real heart of the story lay in the ...more
Art
Jun 17, 2014 Art rated it it was amazing
The Black Stiletto: Black & White by Raymond Benson is book two in the Black Stiletto series. This book sees the adventures of Judy Cooper take very shocking turns. Benson does a great job in having the character and this reader on a roller coster journey. It took me days to fully get over my book hangover from this book. That is an example of how well Benson brings his world to life! The amazing thing he does is makes the present day story line as important as the vintage main story. Each ...more
Natasha
Aug 07, 2012 Natasha rated it it was amazing
I said the same thing for the first book, and I'll say it again for this one.

THEY NEED TO MAKE THIS INTO A GRAPHIC NOVEL! Seriously, the two books in this series have been two of the best books I have read all year, and I am so thankful I won this copy in a goodreads give-away, signed by the author!

That being said, I've gotta say that I loved this book the most. I thought the romance between cop and criminal was extremely thrilling to read. I also loved how it touched racial issues back in the
Victoria
May 31, 2012 Victoria rated it really liked it
This is a good book but you really should readThe Black Stiletto: The First Diary--1958or you wont get as much out of it i won this book via good reads but i got the first one from the library. This book has a very if costumed hero's were in the real world kind of feel to it though because i read a lot of superhero comics i find myself not liking Judy very much she seems very selfish. She only acts as the title heroine when things happen to her friends. I'm not going to spoil the book, but I do ...more
Ali
Jun 03, 2012 Ali rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I am so thankful that I received this book in a Good Reads giveaway! Raymond Benson kept me totally enthralled from start to finish.The story switches from the late 1950s, the story of Judy, a young girl with a secret and the present time following her son as he tries to protect his elderly mother's identity. This book has the suspense and action that you would expect but it also shows loyalty and respect shared by this masked crusader, her son and her friends.
I am lucky enough to be with a lot
PopcornReads
ARC Giveaway & Review: Raymond Benson is known for his original James Bond 007 novels. He has also penned bestselling and award-winning novels as David Michaels. I really enjoyed reading and reviewing his novel, The Black Stiletto, so I was excited when the publisher sent me his new novel about this late 1950’s super-heroine. If you haven’t seen our review of the first book in this series,...read the rest of my review & enter our giveaway at http://popcornreads.com/?p=3930.
Elie Harriett
Jul 24, 2012 Elie Harriett rated it it was amazing
Book two in the Black Stiletto Series. At least, I hope it becomes a series. This is a phenomenal novel. Like the first, it is told through the diaries of the main protagonist, the Black Stiletto. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time. Expecting to read the book in a week, I found myself unable to put the book down, completing it in only two sittings.

If you like action thrillers or superhero novels, I highly recommend this book!
Katarina
Apr 26, 2014 Katarina rated it it was amazing
I love this series and am going to dive into the remaining books very soon.

The writing is great, the story develops perfectly to keep you at the edge of your seat. You can't help but love the Black Stiletto for what she does, even as you empathize with her son, now grown, just discovering her secret. Your heart breaks at her current state, in a seniors home and unable to talk to her son about her past.

it's a very well crafted series and well worth the read.
Susan
Jun 01, 2012 Susan rated it really liked it
A little hard to get into in the beginning. But, after a couple of chapters, you really start to get into the story. I really loved the main character. The romantic in me was disappointed that The Black Stiletto and John broke up. It would have been a great love story if they had stayed together. Not the author's intentions I guess. Not a bad book though. I will probably get the first Black Stiletto book.
Katia
Sep 08, 2012 Katia rated it really liked it
So much better than the first. Black & White does a marvelous work developing the history of the The Back Stilleto back in 1959 and now, with a counterpart story that match with the tone of the book. No more dangerous criminal seeking revenge and be defeated in ridiculous ways. This time deal with the menace in a more credible storyline and adds a bit of fun to it. Definitely waiting for the next novel.
Whitney St-Marseille
Dec 21, 2014 Whitney St-Marseille rated it really liked it
I really love this series, and especially Judy Cooper, the most original "cat woman" I can think of. She is so inspiring to read about--I'm all for women who can kick major ass. I also enjoy the 1950s details Benson has taken the time to incorporate from music to movies to clothes... It really paints a vivid picture. I really hope this story has a happy ending. After everything Judy's been through, she deserves it.
Jeannie
Nov 06, 2012 Jeannie rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
This was a good story. A woman is in a nursing home with Alzheimers. Her son finds some momentos of his mother's and learns that she is the Black Stilleto, a female vigilante. This book revisits her journals. It fluctuats between the past and the present. The characters are strong characters and the story line is an engaging one. Overall, not a bad book.
April
May 13, 2013 April rated it liked it
Disclosure: This ebook was provided to me free of charge through NetGalley for the sole purpose of an honest review. All thoughts, comments, and ratings are my own.

Really interesting tale that had my attention the whole time. The pace was wonderful and the characters engaging. Beautiful storytelling that kept me on the edge of my seat!
David
Feb 04, 2012 David rated it it was amazing
The first sequel (release date May 30, 2012) to The Black Stiletto (release date September 5, 2011) should not be missed! I thoroughly enjoyed the character development, storyline and historical references. I am looking forward to book three!

Definitely DO NOT miss The Black Stiletto by Raymond Benson!
Shawn Manning
I really like this series, chiefly due to the fact that the main character, Judy, never loses that inner sweetness. The author is a little heavy handed with the topic of race in this installment, but it's a though thing to do right. That being said, it was interesting to see what being in that era may have been like. I'm glad I have the next volume already.
Kat
Sep 08, 2012 Kat rated it it was amazing
I love it!! sucks I have to wait to read her 1960 diary!! Who could not love a young woman who only wants to do good in this world but secretly. Loves how her son learns more of his mother, who now has alheimer's, by only connection is her old diaries and how it teaches him understanding, compassion, and about himself.
David Wilson
Really enjoyed this continuation of The Black Stiletto's adventures. The author is astute at blending action, a likable, accessible heroine, and a lot of the historical "feel" of the late 1950s. I'd recommend this book, and the first in the series, to anyone.

The performance is wonderful - Arielle DeLisle brings The Black stiletto to life...it's uncanny.
Patty
Jul 05, 2015 Patty rated it liked it
Sometimes the author tries too hard to evoke the time period by dropping headlines, popular music or movies, but overall this series continues to entertain as Martin struggles to understand his mother's vigilante past and how it influences his present. This would make a great graphic novel or given the current enthusiasm for superhero movies, a film of its own.
Jean
Aug 30, 2012 Jean rated it liked it
This book continues the story of the Black Stiletto as her son reads the second diary. It follow the format of the first book - The Black Stiletto is a vigilante who wants to stop crime when she sees it occurring or to stop crime from happening when she discovers it. It is a bit unbelievable that she can take on the mob, heroin trafficking, and other such big criminals but it is entertaining.
Denise
Oct 10, 2015 Denise rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone!
Recommended to Denise by: Raymond Benson
So far can't put it down! Love the adventure.
As fantastic as the first book! Love a book you cannot put down. Such a different story line of a female protagonist from where she starts to where she is. Cannot wait to start book 3!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Claimed by the Enemy
  • Hiding Gladys (Cleo Cooper Mystery, #1)
  • Hush (Dragon Apocalypse, #2)
  • Hetaera (Agathon's Daughter #1)
  • The Big Bang
  • They Say the Owl Was a Baker's Daughter: Four Existential Noirs
  • A Death in Duck (A Lindsay Harding Mystery, #2)
  • Crescendo (Inola Walela/Steven Hawk Suspense Series, #3)
  • The Blood of Brothers (Sycamore Moon #2)
  • Braineater Jones
  • Ambassador (Ambassador #1)
  • The Skinwalker Conspiracies (Dead Eye #2)
  • Vigilare (Vigilare, #1)
  • Shoot to Kill
  • Doctor Death
  • Lone Bean
  • Midnight Alley
  • Torn from Troy (Odyssey of a Slave #1)
Raymond Benson has been an author, composer, computer game designer, stage director, film historian, and film genres instructor for over thirty years. He is also the fourth official author of the James Bond 007 novels.

More about Raymond Benson...

The Black Stiletto (5 books)
  • The Black Stiletto: The First Diary--1958 (The Black Stiletto #1)
  • The Black Stiletto: Stars & Stripes  (The Black Stiletto #3)
  • The Black Stiletto: Secrets & Lies (The Black Stiletto #4)
  • The Black Stiletto: Endings & Beginnings