Start by marking “The Dreamer, Her Angel and the Stars” as Want to Read:
The Dreamer, Her Angel and the Stars

The Dreamer, Her Angel and the Stars

3.69  ·  Rating Details  ·  125 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
The year is 2098. Thirty-eight year old Kiernan O'Shay's dream is to build spaceships capable of light-speed. This dream is within her grasp if she can gain full control of the freighter spacecraft company her late grandmother built. She only has to adhere to the antiquated stipulation in her grandmother's will that she marry and produce an heir by her fortieth birthday.Tw ...more
Published May 1st 2011 by Regal Crest Enterprises - Yellow Rose Books

To ask other readers questions about The Dreamer, Her Angel and the Stars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dreamer, Her Angel and the Stars

Nov 30, 2014 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars. Linda S. North has quickly become one of my favorite authors. This is another story in which I felt emotionally involved. There were times I wanted to reach through the pages and throttle the characters and not because they were annoying. I just felt that invested in them I didn't want to see them making the mistakes they were. I've thought about how I wanted to write this review and decided I didn't want to give anything away because I would have been disappointed to know anything ah ...more
Ameliah Faith
Aug 01, 2014 Ameliah Faith rated it it was amazing
Wonderful!
This book was so well written I would never have guessed it was a debut novel.

Ariel is caught between a rock and ahard place, her only way out is through an agreement with the powerful Kiernan O Shay. The pair overcome betrayal and more in their quest to find themselves and each other.

I really, really enjoyed this story. It was very well written and had all the trauma and drama that is essential for a classic romance tale. The love scenes were very spicy and oh so good! There were se
Diana
Nov 22, 2014 Diana rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction

(view spoiler)
Q. Kelly
May 26, 2012 Q. Kelly rated it really liked it
Arranged marriages are a staple of straight romance, but for obvious reasons, they’re rare in lesbian romance. So, since this book features an arranged lesbian marriage, I was instantly intrigued. Usually, you marry someone you love, right? You meet, go through dating and maybe you live together and get a pet. You discuss kids. THEN comes the wedding.

Ariel and Kiernan do it backward except they meet first. As is usual in many love affairs, the feelings are deeper on one side at first (Kiernan’s
B. Hale
Jun 04, 2013 B. Hale rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I'm guessing it was because of the wording but I read the characters voices in a british accent! But anyway, I loved this book, one of the most different I've read so far, especially the storyline. The characters were awesome as well, I personally adore intelligent Women, fiction or otherwise. I had trouble putting it down because I was so eager to see how Kiernan got past Ariel's animosity, it seemed impossible...at first and I loved the turnout (sigh). Ariel got extra deep towards the end it w ...more
Claudia Carr
Apr 13, 2012 Claudia Carr rated it really liked it
If you are a Janeway/Seven of Nine fan this book is for you. If you love sci-fi this book is for you, if you love romance definitely this book is for you. You get my drift.

It's 2098 and Kiernan O'Shay's dream to build spaceships is thwarted by the stipulation in her grandmother's will that she marry and produce an heir by 40. Desperate, her eye falls on attractive physics professor Ariel who has a girlfriend & a happy life. But a family crisis for Ariel results in a marriage of convenience -
MT Rose
May 27, 2015 MT Rose rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A lot of the time when I encounter with a premise like this it is often poorly executed, so I was holding my breath when I started reading it. Of course I was pleasantly surprised that the writing is not at all juvenile - which is often the case with these cheesy premises.

The drama, the angst was well plot out. Though toward the end it became trite but is forgivable since it is nearing the end. I do wish that it was longer so that the author could have expanded more on developing the relationshi
Tony Hisgett
Mar 11, 2016 Tony Hisgett rated it did not like it
The first quarter of the book was promising but the rest of the book made no sense. As far as Arial knew, Kieran had framed her mother and threatened to send her to prison and impose a fine on the family that they could never pay, so she could make Arial marry her. Just a few weeks into the marriage she threatens to dump her and send her Mother to prison if she doesn’t do as she is told.

How does Arial react to this?

She goes on a date with Kieran and has sex with her! Then everything is ‘Sweetne
Linh Nguyen
Sep 25, 2015 Linh Nguyen rated it it was ok
Shelves: queer, romance, sci-fi
Don't know why I kept on reading even though as time went by the book became more and more shallow, predictable and most of all, so "straight" (I got the exact same feeling as my old days reading some popular, cheap hetero romances with obnoxious rich guys and persistent poor girls).
Tess
Sep 17, 2015 Tess rated it really liked it
A great read for me who seldom reads anything set in the future
Lil
Lil marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2016
Brenda J
Brenda J rated it liked it
Apr 12, 2016
Roxanne
Roxanne rated it really liked it
Apr 03, 2016
Tracey
Tracey marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2016
Leslie
Leslie marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2016
Nick Smith
Nick Smith marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2016
Marta
Marta added it
Mar 26, 2016
Alisha Mclemore
Alisha Mclemore rated it really liked it
Mar 25, 2016
Bryanna Reid
Bryanna Reid rated it did not like it
Mar 29, 2016
Lexi Dynon
Lexi Dynon marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2016
Andrea
Andrea rated it liked it
Apr 19, 2016
Tj Dinwiddie
Tj Dinwiddie rated it it was amazing
Mar 11, 2016
Anne
Anne rated it it was amazing
Mar 11, 2016
Nils
Nils marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2016
Alex
Alex marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2016
M
M marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2016
Murderdoll
Murderdoll marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2016
Existenz
Existenz rated it really liked it
Mar 18, 2016
Hellie Haldane
Hellie Haldane marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Protector of the Realm (Supreme Constellations, #1)
  • Balance of Forces: Toujours Ici (Forces, #1)
  • Survived by Her Longtime Companion
  • Second Nature
  • First Lady
  • Goldenseal (Garoul, #1)
  • Holiday Escort
  • The Caphenon (Chronicles of Alsea, #1)
  • Shadows of Aggar (The Amazons of Aggar)
  • Josie and Rebecca: The Western Chronicles
  • Skin Deep
  • Just Jorie
  • No Strings
  • Rebecca's Cove
  • Uncommon Emotions
  • Fox Run (The Madison Wolves, #1)
  • Mistletoe
  • Silent Bob
Linda North

Linda is a fifth generation Floridian who lives in North Florida with her partner. She got her start as an author by writing Star Trek Voyager Fan Fiction under the name of cygirl1. She is an unabashed romantic who believes in happy endings. Her hobbies are writing, Harley Davidson motorcycles, toy steam engines, toy wooden boats, and collecting Star Trek action figures.
More about Linda S. North...