Start by marking “Guilty Gucci” as Want to Read:
Guilty Gucci

Guilty Gucci

4.42  ·  Rating Details ·  1,123 Ratings  ·  72 Reviews
The Red Bottom Bandits may be the world's most fashion-forward gang of masked outlaws. They're the talk of D.C. for their daring robberies and fly gear. And their latest caper is penned by Ashley Antoinette (of Ashley & JaQuavis) at her sultry, streetwise best.
When the innocent, naive Gucci recognizes ringleader Sunny Raegan during a holdup, that's her "in" with the B
Published February 1st 2012 by Urban Books (first published January 1st 2012)

Fran Frazer
Apr 02, 2013 Fran Frazer rated it really liked it
This was reviewed by library staff due to a patron's complaint about its content. Although I was skeptical of what I'd find inside, I was very pleasantly surprised to find myself very interested in both the characters and in the story. The book's main theme is friendship and all that being a true friend entails. The language is sometimes colorful, but that fits in with the setting and I simply overlooked it as a necessary part of the story. I would have liked a glossary at the end because there ...more
Alexis
Apr 01, 2012 Alexis rated it really liked it
I loved the book but with a few things.... First the bad: 1. The title DOES NOT REALLY FIT WELL. 2. It was too perfect or too much of a coincidence that Reagan and her lawyer at the end, meet before they knew they would cross paths again. 3. I kept mixing up Reagan and Revenge's name while reading too fast, trying to get to the next page -_- (lol) 4. Revenge's torture scene was just over the top, I had to skip that smh, my heart went out to her tho. and 5. The ending felt rushed, it took some ...more
Kimberley Jasper
Jan 31, 2013 Kimberley Jasper rated it liked it
I enjoyed Guilty Gucci,it held my attention and it was very well written. I will say that the title Guilty Gucci is a little confusing since Gucci was more like a supporting character. I can also agree with a few other readers that stated that it was a bit too much like Set It Off, there were a lot of similarities towards the end.

All in all, a good read is a good read no matter what the title is and this was still a good read. I would recommend this book, I have recommended it. I hope there is a
Kim
Sep 23, 2012 Kim rated it it was amazing
Shelves: street-lit
A page turner from the first to last page. The story was thoroughly entertaining. Chanel, Gucci, and Reagan were literally lunatics. Everything they did was so shocking that I didn't know what they were going to next. Every grimey thing they did was worst than the previous. I loved Nahvid's character. He was really a bright spot in the book, and I was rooting for him and Nahvid to make it. Not sure where the title of this book came from since Gucci's role was really not that big in this book. ...more
Quan
Feb 21, 2012 Quan rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book even though it did put me in mind of Set if Off. A lot of people were complaining that this story was already out in another book, but I never read it before so everything was new to me. I do have one complaint though, I wish they would change their ending up a little. I hate that Reagan got the low end of the stick while the other two is living happily ever after.
Carla
Feb 13, 2012 Carla rated it really liked it
" Guilty Gucci" is a tale of loyalty. It centers around three girls: Reagan, Chanel, and Gucci. All three come from diffrent walks of life but come together to form a tight circle of friendship. Reagan is just a single mother, trying everything in her power to gain back custody of her son. Chanel once had it all but what goes up must come down and she finds herself jumping from man to man trying to make a come up. Gucci's sole purpose in life is to take care of her mother, with little to no ...more
Brittney Green
Jul 24, 2012 Brittney Green rated it really liked it
When I first read the short story in Girls From Da Hood 6, I was stoked. I could not wait to get my hands on this book. I waited a long time too! so I must say although, the story is very good! I am quite disappointed that the story was practically word for word. I expected much more detail from Ashley, because she is one of the top authors in the game right now!! however, it was still good!
Romunda Ratliff
Oct 31, 2016 Romunda Ratliff rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! Hate it had to end. I also hated how it ended....more to come I hope!!!
Tazzyt2bossye
Aug 17, 2013 Tazzyt2bossye rated it really liked it
'Red Bottom Louboutins'

Three ladies looking for love form a bond for the love of money, greed and loyalty. There's Raegen Ishmael betrayed by her baby's father upon the delivery of her beloved Micah. Meet Gucci, who uses her body to gain material goods while taking care of her mentally challenged mom. Then there's Chandler, who ran from a life of luxury because of her your young foolish heart and the ultimate act of betrayal that she committed. These ladies will rob the color off of a crayon for
P.
Feb 05, 2015 P. rated it really liked it
I read this book over a year ago. I am only just noew posting because I am ready to read the sequeal. The story can't possibly end the way it did for Raegan. I am waiting for her happy ending with Nah and baby Micah. Although I love the interest between her and Berlin, but she can't possibly move on without some finishing things between Nah. I think Berlin and Gucci could hook up and Raegan, Nah and Micah become the family they both crave and need. This story needs to have a happy ending.

Questio
Amy
Jun 29, 2013 Amy rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book it was captivating from the beginning to the end. I was really rooting for Nahvid & Raegen's love I'm very unhappy with the way the book ended. In all fairness I feel that Ashley and JaQuavis owe us a Sequel because the way this book ended was on a cliff hanger too many questions are left dangling . un answered. And I personally feel that all the bad things that kept happening to Raegen was just overkill. The plot was good..so was the storyline but the book seemed ...more
Tiffany
Mar 02, 2012 Tiffany rated it it was ok
Recommended to Tiffany by: Vanessa from work
Lady who also works in HR saw me reading in lunch room and brought this book in for me to borrow. She said I look like I read too many serious books, LOL ;)

This book was a trip from beginning to end. I can't believe that I made it through. It also had nerve to have a cliffhanger ending for continuation! I couldn't believe my eyes while I read the graphic sex scenes, graphic violence and colorful language the likes of which you don't hear even on HBO. It was different, but not very good.
Tina
Apr 06, 2012 Tina rated it really liked it
This is the first of her books that I have read. I enjoyed the book. I loved Nah, a thug with a heart. Hated Reason...he was such a ruthless dude...Chanel,smh, what a greedy chick...My favorite character was Raegan. The title of the book was way off. I kept reading more about Raegan than Gucci. I hated the ending. I hated how Raegan ended up, while her two so-called loyal friends are living the life. Read the book in a day. Couldn't put it down...Now about to buy another one of her ...more
Yolanda Moore
May 31, 2012 Yolanda Moore rated it liked it
Shelves: urban
I agree with most people the title was misleading because Gucci was not the main character. I like urban books and drama but all of these books have the same story, someone is always tortured and someone is always so close to getting out of the game or turning their life around and it never happens. I loved Nahvid's character. I dont like what happened to Regan again she was so close to turning her life around. Overall it was a quick read with some likeable characters.
Shatia Davison
Apr 07, 2016 Shatia Davison rated it really liked it
This was a great book! For one thing the pace is so fast that I tore through about 90 percent in one day. Its about 3 young women who decide to be stick up girls. This lifestyle leads them into alot of trouble. As you get deeper into the book you get to know Chanel, Gucci and Raegan. You also start to see what lead them to make these bad decisions. I was left with my mouth wide open at the end and it is not a continuation!
D. Michelle
Feb 27, 2013 D. Michelle rated it liked it
Shelves: urban-fiction
Well first off, the title doesn't make sense. Gucci is not even the main character and she's kind of dim-witted, not sure why. The story was okay, but I already saw the movie so I knew how it would end. Oh wait, that was Set It Off. All kidding aside, great story premise, but not so good with the execution and the ending was a let down. I haven't really been able to bring myself to recommend this one.
Shante
Mar 10, 2012 Shante rated it it was ok
I normally like Ashley books but this one wasn't that great. The story and premise were both interesting but it didn't pan out how I expected it too. Some aspects that were thrown in were just brutal and unnecessary. The ending seemed rushed and I'm not entirely sure if there is supposed to be a sequel or not because she started promoting her upcoming book on the same page that she wrote "The End"!!
Denise Gilliam
Apr 22, 2014 Denise Gilliam rated it it was amazing
I had this book for a hot minute. I'm glad I finally read it. It was a true reader book. I love the way the girls stuck together no matter what. It was crazy how they were doing what they where doing and no one knew they were females. The part that got me was the ending never seen that coming. Great read 5 star read. I read this book on paperback form.
Mirrlees
Dec 07, 2014 Mirrlees rated it it was amazing
This was such an excellent read. I hope part two comes out real soon. Survival of the fitness, is all I have to say. If you can beat them join them. In the meanwhile heart strings are tugging which way should these ladies go..life changing moves. Will they ever see each other again. Who knows cause things are not looking good as this book came to and end.
Mel
Sep 09, 2012 Mel rated it did not like it
I didn't finish this so maybe I shouldn't be reviewing it. I usually love Ashley Antoinette, Ashley Snell, Ashley JaQuavis, JaQuavis Coleman etc... It started out OK but, like one of the other readers said some things seemed unnecessary.I did like the character of Nahvid. Hopefully I will see him in something else down the line.
Tionna
Nov 24, 2015 Tionna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good Good

Where is part 2!?!? I would like to see what happen to Reason punk ass, and did Reagan get out and who did she end up with since she was feeling to men...did the girls reunite ...part 2 please ASAP...Great job writer keep up the good work may God continue to bless your writing talents !!
Shayla Robinson
Apr 10, 2014 Shayla Robinson rated it liked it
I cried so many times while reading this book.. It was a serious page turner. The reason I believe it doesn't deserve 5 stars is because the ending was crazy. You would expect the ending on a book like this to be at least decent. Well it sucked . But other than that it held my attention until the ending. But I will definitely read more from these authors.
Donisha Murdock
Dec 04, 2014 Donisha Murdock rated it it was amazing
This book was hella good! But the ending blew the shit out of me!! Everybody keeps saying the title doesn't fit, it fits perfectly! Anyway,, still a great read!! Can we get a happy ending from them just once please.. lawd!
Licia
Apr 19, 2012 Licia rated it really liked it
I thought this was a pretty good book. But lets start by saying I can't remember from which book but half of this story is a repeat. 2nd the title didn't fit the book 3rd the ending was rushed and a sad ibe as all the other books can we please get a happy ending. In a bookk
Sheba James
The reason u rated it a 4 is because of how it ended.. I was feeling some type of way when Chanel wasn't caught.; and Gucci they tryed to dumb down her character., but she wasn't too damn slow, she came up with a good excuse
Pls let there be a part 2!!!
Rachel
Apr 23, 2012 Rachel rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. These girls were bad. Loved their hustle. Liked how Nahvid was played. He accepted the fact that he loved her and chose to forgive Sunny Reagan and take care of her son. Can't wait for the sequeal, cause knowing this author their will be a part 2.
Tatyana
Jan 12, 2013 Tatyana rated it it was amazing
Shelves: the-good-books
This was a really good book and i kept me in suspense , these three girls will do anything for money even rob/hurt the ones they love. The guy that reagan meet,Navid, is sweet and he has a real good heart i love him.
Sharell
May 17, 2012 Sharell rated it really liked it
ok, almost the entire first 15 chapters except for chapter 1 was from the book - Girls form the Hood 6. I just expected an excerpt. Now that I am past those parts the book is getting good. What is Raven gonna do?
Alveniece Vaughn
Loved it

Loved it

omg I loved it can I get a guilty Gucci 2? there has to be a future for them..... there has to be an out come for sunny rae that just can't be it!!!!!
Staci Arbor
Dec 12, 2014 Staci Arbor rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this book! True, ride or die friendship is the theme of this book and I love it! It made me think about what I would do for my girls!
Urban Beauty: 'Guilty Gucci' Reviews 1 12 May 02, 2012 07:11PM
  • The Dopeman: Memoirs of a Snitch (The Dopeman, #3)
  • Eviction Notice (Hood Rat #5)
  • Superstar
  • California Connection
  • Mina's Joint
  • Stealing Candy
  • Grindin'
  • Still Sheisty (Sheisty series, #2)
  • Hustlin' Divas
  • Welfare Grind
Ashley Antoinette is one of the most successful female writers of her time. The feminine half of the popular married duo, Ashley and JaQuavis, she has co-written over 40 novels. Several of her titles have hit The New York Times bestsellers list, but she is most widely regarded for her racy four-book saga, The Prada Plan. Born in Flint, MI she was bred with an innate street sense that she uses as ...more
More about Ashley Antoinette...