Start by marking “The Spirit of Christmas” as Want to Read:
The Spirit of Christmas

The Spirit of Christmas

A heartwarming collection of true stories that will inspire, entertain, and get everyone into the spirit of Christmas

At Christmastime, it's hard not to get caught up in the shopping, the decorating, the party planning and the family drama—and too we often to lose sight of the true meaning of the season. But sometimes, through God's grace or a simple twist
Published October 25th 2011 by St. Martin's Press

To ask other readers questions about The Spirit of Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Spirit of Christmas

Lesa
Dec 14, 2011 Lesa rated it really liked it

There’s always a tearjerker among the Christmas books. This year, it’s The Spirit of Christmas by Cecil Murphey and Marley Gibson. It’s a collection of short stories, true anecdotes about the Christmas season, and the true meaning of the holiday. I couldn’t even wear my reading glasses while I read this one. Too many tears. But, a friend of mine does tell me I’m “mushy.”

There are stories of needy families helped out for Christmas, with unexpected gifts of food, toys, and friendship. There are th
Susan
The Spirit of Christmas by Cecil Murphey and Marley Gibson is a wonderful anthology of short, short stories about the true meaning of Christmas. These are all very real, very true stories direct from the people who experienced them.

I wasn't sure what I was going to find when I read this, all I know is that there are somethings that can't be explained. Faith, belief and love. There is nothing more important than those three things.

If you're searching for something and can't find it, tf you're fee
Linda
As in all collections of stories in fiction or non-fiction there are always some stories you like and some you don't like. I have to say I liked almost all the stories in this collection. In these stories we are reminded why we celebrate this season and why love comes back to many at this time of year. We also learn that miracles can happen.

A quick, often fun read for anyone.
Heather
Personally, I thought there were just too many stories, and they were too short. I couldn't truly get invested before it was on to the next one. There were a few, though, that I found to be very meaningful.
Danika
Dec 26, 2012 Danika rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a really good collection of stories to put anyone in the Christmas spirit. :)

4/5 stars.

*I suppose I did finish this on December 26, but it felt like December 25 because I finished it at 12:40 am. ;)
Michelle
Dec 03, 2013 Michelle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Individual stories of Christmas revelations. Devotional stories, some of which spoke to me and some didn't. Overall, a heartwarming, feel good book.
Carolyn
A lot of the stories are touching but too many of them try to make a "Jesus" lesson when the story really just a nice story.
Pat Roseman
To be honest, I didn't read the whole thing. It's a collection of stories. Some were good and some not so good. I lost in interest part way through.
Greg
Dec 31, 2015 Greg rated it really liked it
This is really good book if your not in the Christmas spirit or if you want to read short stories written by several different people that remind us what the true meaning of Christmas is all about.
Allison
Dec 05, 2013 Allison rated it really liked it
Shelves: christmas
Lovely Holiday based stories that made me think. Being grateful for the daily often over looked "small" things was among the lessons I learned.
Holly Brennan
Jan 29, 2012 Holly Brennan rated it it was ok
Soooo my mom buys me a christmas book every year for christmas...but I don't think she actually reads what they are about...this one was a bit too religious for my taste
Anna
Dec 23, 2011 Anna rated it really liked it
When the business of Christmas overwhelms you, take a moment and read one of these true stories of Christmas that will touch your heart.
Tracie
Tracie rated it it was amazing
Apr 01, 2013
Michelle Dekker
Michelle Dekker rated it it was amazing
Oct 24, 2014
Sherrie Tucker
Sherrie Tucker rated it really liked it
Jun 03, 2014
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it really liked it
Dec 31, 2013
Sally Andrews
Sally Andrews rated it it was amazing
Dec 15, 2015
Susan
Susan rated it liked it
Jan 05, 2014
James Athey
James Athey rated it liked it
Jul 28, 2015
Syndi Powell
Syndi Powell rated it really liked it
Aug 29, 2013
Seamusjr
Seamusjr rated it it was amazing
Dec 09, 2011
Karen
Karen rated it liked it
Jan 06, 2015
Marley Gibson
Sep 21, 2011 Marley Gibson rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Laurel
Laurel rated it liked it
Feb 27, 2013
Mary
Mary rated it it was amazing
Apr 01, 2014
Shelly Ann
Shelly Ann rated it it was amazing
Jul 02, 2014
Gail Poag Smith
Gail Poag Smith rated it it was amazing
Mar 09, 2013
Diane Cooke
Diane Cooke rated it it was amazing
Jul 08, 2012
Jayne
Jayne rated it it was amazing
Apr 25, 2012
Nancy Guerrero
Nancy Guerrero rated it liked it
Jul 01, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
Madison Mega-Mara...: The Spirit of Christmas - 2nd Dec Book 1 2 Dec 03, 2013 10:24AM
  • Love Thy Neighbor
  • I'll Be Home for Christmas
  • Two Tickets to the Christmas Ball
  • Once Upon a Christmas: The Most Wonderful Time of the Year/'Twas the Week Before Christmas
  • Love Finds You On Christmas Morning
  • Love Finds You in the City at Christmas
  • On Christmas Eve
  • Finding Father Christmas (Father Christmas, #1)
  • The Christmas Tree
  • The Little Fir Tree
  • The Christmas Wish
Cecil Murphey has written or coauthored more than one hundred books, including the autobiography of Franklin Graham, Rebel with a Cause. A collaborator on the bestseller Gifted Hands with Dr. Ben Carson, Cecil resides in Georgia.
More about Cecil Murphey...