Start by marking “Summer Term at the Chalet School (The Chalet School, #58)” as Want to Read:
Summer Term at the Chalet School (The Chalet School, #58)

Summer Term at the Chalet School (The Chalet School #54)

3.85  ·  Rating Details  ·  94 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
Erica Standish is the daughter of a girl Joey met in India when she was younger. When Erica's mother dies, she is sent via Joey to the Chalet School. Erica attracts danger like a magnet, including a train crash, a land slide and a swarm of bees!
Published July 16th 1992 by Armada (first published 1965)

To ask other readers questions about Summer Term at the Chalet School, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Summer Term at the Chalet School

Deborah
Feb 05, 2014 Deborah rated it it was amazing
This a five star Chalet, because it's so awful, it's hilarious. When Armada were reprinting the final books in paperback, they left this one out, presumably because they found it embarrassing. That's how bad this book is.

It gets off to a swinging start, with a young girl recognising a passer-by in Oxford Street, London, as her Aunt Joey - a person she has only seen in 20 year old photographs. This unlikely beginning is followed by a lame 'new-girl' story, punctuated by events that prove that, if
LH Johnson
So, I need to tell you about somebody I met twenty years ago. I was eleven, but that's not a problem. I think she'd be the perfect guardian for my child-that-I-have-for-the-purposes-of-making-this-point and so I think I'm going to put it in my will that she'll look after my child-that-I-have-for-the-purposes-of-making-this-point. I think that sounds like an excellent plan.

Oh heavens, what a ridiculous plan, and yet at this point in the series I accept it for what it is and how perfect it is in t
Carolynne
Mar 04, 2011 Carolynne rated it liked it
Erika has numerous misadventures including: a train wreck, twisting her ankle during a hike, falling down the stairs, and falling into a pit (didn't we see that plot angle in _Shocks for the Chalet School_?).
And the poor girl just lost her mother. Will Erika survive her first term at the Chalet School? I prefer Chalet School stories that rely more for their conflict on the interaction of differing personalities, on the adjustment of new girls to the old girls and the old girls to the new girl, r
Harriet
As with all the later Chalet School books they begin to feel overly formulaic & have a lack of character development which I enjoyed in the earlier books. Each book focusses on a new girl & misses the joy of knowing a group of friends in the series.
However, I enjoyed the book as I have all the others. Another one tickes off my list.
Sarah Adamson
Jun 22, 2014 Sarah Adamson rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned
A bit far reaching in every way but a very enjoyable read and traditional to Chalet school values with all the drama of the last few books!
Sally
The first CS book I ever read (and enjoyed!). :) [See [book:The Princess of the Chalet School|1175329] ;)]
Sarah added it
Jun 23, 2016
uma janamanchi
uma janamanchi marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2016
Cassidy Mallett
Cassidy Mallett marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2016
Heather Ong
Heather Ong marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2016
Lise
Lise marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2016
Awesome Momi
Awesome Momi rated it it was amazing
Apr 19, 2016
Catherine Wright
Catherine Wright rated it liked it
Apr 14, 2016
Jessica Hilton
Jessica Hilton marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2016
Jay Vaux
Jay Vaux rated it it was amazing
Feb 27, 2016
Zoe
Zoe marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2016
Prue
Prue marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2016
Karen
Karen rated it liked it
Jan 29, 2016
Philomena
Philomena rated it liked it
Jan 23, 2016
Courtney
Courtney marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2016
Clare Hollowell
Clare Hollowell rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2016
Aastha
Aastha added it
Nov 16, 2015
Carol Beardsall
Carol Beardsall marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2015
Jess
Jess marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2015
E
E marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2015
Lizziebeth10
Lizziebeth10 rated it it was amazing
Oct 25, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Veronica at the Wells (Sadler's Wells, #2)
  • First Term at Trebizon (Trebizon, #1)
  • End of Term (The Marlows, #4)
  • International Velvet
  • Cherry Ames, Island Nurse (Cherry Ames, #21)
  • The Whitby Witches (The Whitby Witches, #1)
  • Grinny
  • The Glass Bird Girl
  • Clover (Carr Family, #4)
  • The Lake at the End of the World
  • Biggles Flies North
  • Alice-Miranda on Holiday
  • Silver Brumbies of the South
21978
Elinor M. Brent-Dyer was born as Gladys Eleanor May Dyer on 6th April 1894, in South Shields in the industrial northeast of England, and grew up in a terraced house which had no garden or inside toilet. She was the only daughter of Eleanor Watson Rutherford and Charles Morris Brent Dyer. Her father, who had been married before, left home when she was three years old. In 1912, her brother Henzell d ...more
More about Elinor M. Brent-Dyer...

The Chalet School (1 - 10 of 58 books)
  • The School at the Chalet (The Chalet School, #1)
  • Jo of the Chalet School (The Chalet School, #2)
  • The Princess of the Chalet School (The Chalet School, #3)
  • The Head Girl of the Chalet School (The Chalet School, #4)
  • Rivals of the Chalet School (The Chalet School, #5)
  • Eustacia Goes to the Chalet School (The Chalet School, #6)
  • The Chalet School and Jo (The Chalet School, #7)
  • The Chalet Girls in Camp (The Chalet School, #8)
  • Exploits of the Chalet Girls (The Chalet School, #9)
  • The Chalet School and the Lintons (The Chalet School, #10)