Start by marking “Daughter of Lust (For the Love of Evil, #1)” as Want to Read:
Daughter of Lust (For the Love of Evil, #1)

Daughter of Lust (For the Love of Evil #1)

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  215 ratings  ·  38 reviews
Belal, High Prince of Hell and Keeper of the Deadly Sin Sloth, is expanding his power by trafficking opium. He revels in the results, and as sloth begins to overtake the mortal realm, all of Hell suffers. The balance of power in Hell, as well as the fate of the Universe, will be decided by a half-demon peasant girl.

Natalia Shura, the daughter of Asmodeus, High Prince of He
274 pages
Published June 24th 2011 by Decadent Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Daughter of Lust, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Daughter of Lust

Hounded by Kevin HearneDragon Bound by Thea HarrisonFirst Grave on the Right by Darynda JonesKindling the Moon by Jenn BennettThe Shadow Reader by Sandy Williams
2011 Urban Fantasy / Paranormal Debuts
79th out of 107 books — 574 voters
Dark Lover by J.R. WardHalfway to the Grave by Jeaniene FrostLover Awakened by J.R. WardLover Eternal by J.R. WardA Hunger Like No Other by Kresley Cole
Steamy Paranormal Romance
235th out of 404 books — 342 voters

More lists with this book...

Monique ~ Sinfully Sexy Book Reviews
Excellent book:)

Loved the descriptions, everything was so colourful, literally. I felt as though if I just closed my eyes I was there in Kazan or Hell, the whole idea of heaven and hell......what a wonderful story.

The characters were so well described, I felt like getting my pad and pencil out to start to draw.

Raum.....well, he is one HOT, HOT demon.

Loved this book, didn't think it could beat Breakers Concubine, but oh my!!

All I can say is READ IT, and how long 'till book 2.

WildAboutBones
Wow! This first in Mayburn's For the Love of Evil series is a very sexy paranormal romance/fantasy with lead characters who seem almost corporeal or incarnate. In it, Mayburn presents a creative and unique vision of Hell.

Set in both Kazan, Russia in 1870 and Hell, Mayburn is careful not to let historical aspects take over the story. It is mainly a background to highlight the treatment of women, especially unmarried ones, and the beginnings of the Opium addiction epidemic in Russian at this time.
Anna (Bobs Her Hair)
Jul 10, 2012 Anna (Bobs Her Hair) rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: PNR erotic readers
3.5 or weak 4 stars ... Very good and creative world-building using religious beliefs, morals, and demons & angels. (m/m, m/m/f, f/f) polyamorous The ending felt incomplete.
Jennifer (a.k.a The Book Nympho)
Daughter of Lust is Mayburn's first book in the For the Love of Evil series. And if the other books are as good as this one it will be a very hot and exciting series.

Daughter of Lust has elements of a historical setting that quickly moves to a paranormal/fantasy world that moves between Earth and Hell. Mayburn does an unique spin on demons and angels and mythology of Heaven and Hell.

I loved Mayburn's characters and world building and I cannot wait for the next book in the For the Love of Evil se
Heather in FL
This was slightly better than 3.5 so I rounded up.

This was another very interesting world from Ms. Mayburn. Most of us are told that Hell is full of fire and brimstone and if we go there, we're damned to spend eternity there in penance for our sins. But in this world, Heaven and Hell provide a natural balance to each other. Hell has princes of the different sins, and they each have a kingdom in Hell. Satan rules Hell, but he's been despondent since his blood-mate died over 2000 years ago, so now
Poison Rose
carol
Sep 26, 2012 carol rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Adults
Recommended to carol by: BDSM group member
This is the first book I've read by Ann Mayburn and I was fortunate to have picked it up as a free read. It looks like it is the first in a series and definitely one I will be following. I loved the concept of Ann's He'll and wouldn't mind this one at all, in fact I reckon there would be a queue to get in even at the price of working off one's past sins. Hell being a parallel world or plane as opposed to hot earth's core, names for the devil shown here as different Lords each in charge of a dead ...more
Alexis
I downloaded Daughter of Lust when it was free earlier this year, and started reading it around the same time I read The Girl in the Steel Corset. The two books are obviously very different, as one is paranormal erotic romance and one is YA Victorian steampunk. But both feature female MCs with something "other" waking up within them. In the case of Natalia, the main character of Daughter of Lust, her demon side is awakening, and with it comes the revelation of her true parentage: her real father ...more
Amber  Read
This book was sexy from the first chapter. I love when you get an awesome storyline and some hot, sexy, and steamy scenes. It's the best of both worlds.

Natalia is a half demon princess but she has no idea until one day when she is searching for the man she thinks is her father in a local gambling den. While she's there she is accosted and she pulls a knife on the man who attacks her. When this happens she feels a stirring that excites and terrifies her.

From there things escalate pretty quickly
Yogi
Another different type of PNR/erotica from Mrs. Ann.....this is a great thing! I can't wait for more from her.......I believe I have a ubber crush on Ann. This book is HOT! I've never found demons to be attractive, but adding a succubus side is the ticket.

I love the storytelling and imagination put into Daughter of Lust. Writing a world balanced between heaven and hell, but both are capable of evil acts. The heroine Natalia has been forseen to balance the two worlds. She has been raised on eart
Nichelle Gregory
I could not stop reading this book once I started! Ann's vision of heaven and hell blew me away! Natalia, the heroine in this story is loved by more than one man and the author manages to make each relationship stand out. The loves of her life are all unique and smokin' hot! I wanted her to be with them all- a surprise for me!

Daughter of Lust is one of the hottest books I've read in a long time and I will be seeking out each book in this new series!

Wildly imaginative world-building, scorching ho
Jess
Aug 15, 2011 Jess rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: pnr
This book is actually a 4.5. It was an awesome read and a pretty amazing story. I really can't wait for the next one. It's a turn on and such a twist and so much fun to read.
Stacey Kennedy
Not only sexy as sin (Holy HOT sex scenes), but a fantastic plot! I loved this book and am looking forward to the next one in the series!!
Taisha
LOVED IT!!!
Jessica Weissenburger
Everything a good paranormal story should be this story was. The world building was superb and the author stayed on point throughout the whole story, which in itself is impressive with such a large and expansive story line. It was very well polished and from what I could see there weren't any spelling or grammar mistakes.

The characters in this story were really strong and well developed, but I will admit that I was somewhat let down by the dialogue. It didn't feel like I was reading a story set
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
This review was posted at Under the Covers

I loved the setup of this story and the world. Demons and humans and angels. Natalia has been living as a human without knowing she is actually the daughter of Asmodeus, High Prince of Hell and Keeper of Lust. Asmodeus, as well as his minions, have certain urges and his daughter is awakening to her own base urges, while in the mortal world, without any guidance.

Asmodeus is fighting Belal, Keeper of Sloth, who wants to take over the mortal world. The key
Emma
This was my first rendezvous with Ann Mayburn's books. I will now be an avid fan. Ann's character development was great. I really got to know each one on what felt like a personal level. Always a fan of someone else's take on the world, I loved Ann's version of Hell and right and wrong.
Glenda Scalise-Castillo
Was in the mood for a quick pnr-erotic romance and happened upon this as a free kindle book. I usually prefer a more mainstream type (ie weres/vampires/ghosts, etc.) and almost quit reading when I realized this one had demons, Heaven, hell, and a little S&M thrown in. Although pain+sex is absolutely not my thing, the STORY kept me reading right through the uncomfortable parts and even left me wanting to read the next in the series. It was also a pretty substantial length for a free read. Don ...more
Guilty Pleasures
This review posted on Guilty Pleasures

Daughter of Lust by Ann Mayburn was an out of this world story filled with love, intrigue and loads of hot smokiness! :-) I totally fell in love with her characters as they progressed through the story. Natalia stole my heart from the beginning when she was searching for her papa, and meets Gregor for the first time.

Raum is an additional treat as he tries to help Natalia through her emergence as a Demon Princess, and his potential Blood-mate!

I SO cannot wai
KK
This book was fantastic! I pretty much inhaled it. I really like a good paranormal story with a world that is new and interesting to me. This one definitely was. It is historical but do not let that keep you from picking this one up. You will not be disappointed. The heroine's journey to self-discovery and embracing her demon side was so yummy and filled with smuttiness! The realm of hell was really interesting to me and had some side characters that I look forward to reading more about.
Veronica~Nhaughty
Loved this story...and it didn't even have to be naughty! Mrs. Mayburn has spun a story of heaven and hell that draws you into a world that seems so real you can almost feel the heat and smell the brimstone...now don't get me wrong, the sex is smokin' hawt! It is about the deadly sin LUST after all!! I highly recommend this one, and can't wait for the rest in this series!!!

"What an odd life I live. A demon tells me to have faith and it makes me feel better."-Natalia
Julie Burns
It's a different way of looking at things !
I liked it :-)
King Satan has high princes to look after his domain.
Asmodeous is high lord of lust ;-) he has a half human/half demon daughter, and apparently she is their saviour !!
She comes into her powers, and boy !!! Does she like it ;-)
It has good and bad points, but I like other people to make their own judgements.
I hope to read a few more from this series.

Scubasubiker
Fantastic story! Action packed story about a human who finds out she's 1/2 demon, and the daughter of the high prince of hell and demon of lust. She learns to embrace her lustful demon side and it's an erotic wild action ride filled with interesting creatures and plot! Ending was way to abrubt so their better be a second or hopefully a series! Must read for anyone who likes PNR!
Samie Kauchis
A little to S&M for my taste... And Natalia's blind innocence got on my nerves from time to time. I understand she had a lot happening to her at once, but it was a little to over done. She seemed kind of brainless on occasion. Besides that, not bad. I may or may not get the next when it's released.
J~*Bhook-Junkhie
WOW..That was HOT!...The brothel scene! Hell Yeah:)...It was also an amazing, fantastic story!..I loved the unique world that Ann Mayburn created...the people, the creatures..all of it!..Uber cool, and I was totally immersed into it..cant wait to see what happens next..
Missy Autumn
This book is sexy as hell! (pun intended)
I was so engrossed in this book from the very first page and didn't want to stop reading. I think Ann Mayburn may be a new fav author. Definitely checking out her other books.
Suburbancowgirl
LOVED this book. Can't wait for the 2nd one to come out. Love the premise, love the characters, love the story, and love that the 2nd book will be a continuation of this story. OMG it is soooo hot.
F.
Loved it, have to read the next one. Never thought I would enjoy PNR but am happy to be proved wrong. The story is very engaging and an interesting take on hell,heaven, Satan, God and all in between.
Rachel T
This author is one of the most creative I have ever read .. the world she created is like no other I have ever read! What a refreshing twist to HELL! Cannot wait to read the next one! :)
  • Gift of the Goddess (Phoenix Rising, #1)
  • Victorious Star (Interstellar Service & Discipline, #1)
  • Lovely Wicked
  • Three Times the Scandal (Georgian Rakehells, #4)
  • The Misfits (Trueblood #4)
  • The Gingerbread Dungeon
  • Lady of the Drake
  • Beast (A Faery Story, #2)
  • The Queen's Consorts
  • Blood Knot (Blood Stone, #1)
  • Imprinted
  • The Awakening (Cyberevolution, #1)
  • Monica's Secret (Erogenous Zones, #1)
  • Being Amber (New Atlanta, #1)
  • Fierce Radiance (Space Confederation #1)
  • Claiming Cullen
  • Hell's Revenge (Princess of Hell, #3)
  • Love's Fortress (Brothers in Arms, #7)
Ann is Queen of the Castle to her wonderful husband and three sons in the mountains of West Virginia. In her past lives she's been an Import Broker, a Communications Specialist, a US Navy Civilian Contractor, a Bartender/Waitress, and an actor at the Michigan Renaissance Festival. She also spent a summer touring with the Grateful Dead(though she will deny to her children that it ever happened).

Fro
More about Ann Mayburn...
Exquisite Trouble (Iron Horse MC, #1) My Wicked Valentine (Club Wicked, #1) My Wicked Nanny (Club Wicked, #2) Ivan's Captive Submissive (Submissive's Wish, #1) The Breaker's Concubine