Start by marking “O Segredo de Lucinda (Spiderwick, #3)” as Want to Read:
O Segredo de Lucinda (Spiderwick, #3)

O Segredo de Lucinda (The Spiderwick Chronicles #3)

3.86  ·  Rating Details  ·  23,814 Ratings  ·  657 Reviews
Escritas por Tony DiTerlizzi e Holly Black, as aventuras dos gêmeos Jared e Simon Grace e da irmã mais velha Mallory vêm acompanhadas por monstros, duendes e outras criaturas assustadoras, que parecem mais reais do que aquelas que habitam os pesadelos das crianças. Escrito a partir de depoimentos de três irmãos com seres fantásticos, a série brinca com o tênue limite entre ...more
, 114 pages
Published 2005 by ROCCO JOVENS LEITORES (first published January 1st 2003)

P.Z.
Aug 08, 2015 P.Z. rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
เนือเรืองคอยๆเผยมาทีละนิดทีหนอย สำหรับเลมนีเราไดรูความลับของอารเธอร สไปเดอรวิกและไดรูวาหนังสือเลมนันมีความสำคัญยังไง เลมนีการผจญภัยไมคอยนาตืนเตนเทาไร แอบเซงตรงนิสัยของจาเรดนิดๆ ยึดติดหนังสือยังไมเทาไร พอมีอะไรชอบโทษมัลลอรีพีสาวตัวเองนีสิ ! แตชอบฉากตรงทีเดกๆไปคุยกับปาลูซินดานะ ดูขลังดี

(view spoiler)
Taylor Knight
I read the Spiderwick Chronicles back when I was quite young, maybe eight or nine. My sister and I read the crap out these books (we must have read them 15 times, no joke) and I've been wanting to revist this series and the wonderful fantasy world that Holly and Tony created for awhile now but I've finally gotten around to it.

The writing partnership of Holly Black and Tony DiTerlizzi is remarkable and this series is by far some of the most well written literature that I've ever read.
The three ma
Evelyn (devours and digests words)
Holly Black truly has the uncanny ability to weave out a good story that circles around the fey folks. I've always enjoyed her fairy themed books. This one didn't disappoint.
Plus, the beautiful artworks Tony DiTerlizzi drew really blended in well with the story.
Nikki
Janeen-san
In yet antoher Spiderwick Chronicel, the kids go visit their Anut Lucinda to ask if she,too, knew about the fairies, and how she can help them get rid of all the trouble they've been getting into. In the proscess, Simon almost ruins his future by eating magical fruit, and Jared and Mallory get into a fight.
Back home, even MORE danger comes their way....

Read this book to find out more!
I really liked it because, bsides talking to trolls, riding griffons and eating cookies, the Grace children argue
Angela Twidwell
Not only do Jared, Simon, and Mallory have to deal with Thimbletack pestering the household constantly, but they are learning how to solve the mystery of their great uncle Arthur Spiderwick. They are trying to learn about all the creatures that surround their house, and how the field guide came to be. The kids learn that their Aunt Lucinda (Arthur's daughter) lives in a psychiatric hospital near by, and they think they will finally get the answers they seek by talking to her. Lucinda tells them ...more
Maria
Aug 05, 2013 Maria rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: for-william
I read this book with my son as part of his summer reading, and I asked him to describe the book for my review. He responded that this is a book that is difficult to describe. He liked the mystery, and really enjoyed how the whimsical illustrations supported elements of the narrative. He found this book (number 3 of 5) to be interesting because of the mysteries that are introduced: The reader is finally introduced to Aunt Lucinda and the Wood Elves make their first appearance. There is less acti ...more
Siobhan
Oct 12, 2014 Siobhan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I can honestly say that this series is one that was really let down by the film adaptation. Back when the film was released I found myself excited for what was to come, only to be extremely disappointed with what we were given. If you’re someone who enjoyed the film then I really do suggest that you read the books to find out just how great they actually are rather than taking the film standpoint on it.

The third book is another great addition to the series, the book which really gets the ball ro
Michelle ( Tea&Titles)
Still re-reading and re-living my childhood.
Tati Dengo
Apr 10, 2014 Tati Dengo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
LOVED IT.

Whereas the second book was more of a lighthearted nudge into magical creature shenanigans, the third one introduces a decades-old mystery that could last us well into the last two books. Most importantly, we are now aware of the very serious consequences facing the kids if their interaction with the fairies is prolonged.

Many more threads are coming together to form the overarching story and I am excited to see where it leads.

Also, I love that the Grace kids aren't stereotypically wel
Kori Looker
I thought "Lucinda's Secret" by Holly Black was very interesting. I decided to try something new and ended up enjoying this book. Lucinda has a niece and a nephew who come over for a period of time. The kids, around the age of ten, ask their aunt Lucinda about the mysterious little people. Lucinda can only tell them as much as she knows. The kids discover the little people in the library that was once their great great uncle's library. The kids' curiosity leads them into a whole other world of t ...more
Courtney
Sep 09, 2015 Courtney rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
I don't plan to go into great detail about the storyline, because I'm a firm believer that a story can only be truly reviewed by a person's impression of the story. I think it would be a waste of time to go over the plot again...that's what the title page of the book is for.

Again, an instant start back into this world! With the help of their "crazy" Aunt Lucinda Jared, Mallory, and Simon uncover a bit more about their Uncle Spiderwick as well learn just how dangerous The Guide really is.

I was h
zalatawabooks

I really like how quick and fun these books are. The characters- Jared, Simon and Mallory- are my favorite sibling team. Haha their bickering and the moments they get along and work together (lol that clever trick the twins pulled!). I really love the world-building, the faeries! So we have boggarts/brownies, goblins, sprites, phookas, and now elves! The faerie-lore is so intriguing and interesting. And the art is great! I love the depictions of the faeries and each character.

Do I recommend?:
Lucy
Title: The Spiderwick Chronicles-Lucinda’s Secret
Author: Tony DiTerlizzi and Holly Black
Illustrator: N/A
Genre: Fantasy Fiction
Theme(s): Belief, Wonder, Fantasy vs. Reality, Curiosity
Opening line/sentence: “Jared Grace took out a red shirt, turned it inside out, and put it on backward. He tried to do the same with his jeans, but that was beyond him.”
Brief Book Summary: Three siblings all have possession of the guide to the fantastical world. They seek guidance from their great aunt, whose wife is
Chris Webber
Nov 12, 2009 Chris Webber rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This story is about Mallory and her twin little brothers Jared and Simon who move to their aunt's country estate with their mother when their parents divorce. They discover a field guide in the house which unlocks a magical world around them and send them through a series of enchanted events.

I loved this series! The pace was perfect, the tone appropriate, the characters absolutely believable and realistic (a trait which I feel is critical in enabling a younger reader to relate to the story), and
Tori I
Dec 09, 2012 Tori I rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just finished reading the book Lucinda's Secret by: Holly Black and Tony DiTerlizzi. The third book of the Spiderwick Chronicles. Even though I am only on page 88 of Lucinda's Secret I am more than half way through the book I can say that this book has lots of adventure and very odd creatures - and a very weird book. In the middle of the book Jared loses a book called The Field Guide. A man the size of a pencil named Thimbletack took it and now Jared, Mallory, and Simon are on a mission to get ...more
Nadine Maigatter
Nov 25, 2015 Nadine Maigatter rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fertig-gelesen
Tolle Fortsetzung der Geschichte.
Das Buch ist verschwunden und die Kids suchen es , dazu kommt das Jared vom Pech verfolgt wird.
Eine Karte bringt sie tief in den Wald wo sie einige Elfen treffen und die sind nicht so nett wie immer gesagt wird.
Ganz toll finde ich das Mallory und Jared sich immer mehr verstehen wo sie ja vorher Streithähne waren ohne ende. Aber nun glaubt sie ihm endlich und das erleichtert einiges. In dem Buch fahren sie zu ihre Tante Lucy die nun in einem Heim lebt und da ganz
Rabbittÿ
Feb 06, 2015 Rabbittÿ rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
สำหรับสามศรีพีนอง ผูครอบครอง คูมือภาคสนามสำหรับโลกมหัศจรรยรอบๆ ตัวทาน ยังมีเรืองอลหมานใหตองพบเจออีกมาก เมือเหลาอมนุษยทังหลายตางกอยากจะครอบครองหนังสือทีวากันทังนัน ทีแรกกบอกการด แลวกฝูงกอบบลิน ไหนจะเอลฟเจาปา...หืมมมม ยังมีตัวประหลาดอะไรอีกบางเนียทีเดกสกุลเกรซจะไดคนพบตอไป? ...more
Kristen
My review for this one is pretty much like my review for the first two in the series: it was okay. We meet more creatures, and we finally get some clues to the disappearance of the kids' uncle. I'll probably finish out the series since I can get them on audio book, but they don't keep my attention as well as I hoped.
Cate
Mar 11, 2016 Cate rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This series is getting better and better! I loved the element of elves, and definitely loved Aunt Lucinda. I was at a basketball game, so I brought this with me, not thinking I would read it. PROVED MYSELF WRONG.

totally should've read this series earlier in my life but oh well
Bekah
Read as part of #ReadKidsLit

The adventure continues. As with the previous books in the chronicles, I love the bickering, bantering and other such behavior between the siblings. Was interesting to meet their Aunt Lucinda and the sprites, though it did make me feel a bit sad. Still more mysteries to unravel though, so I must carry on.
Alia Silmon
I think this boy and his sister was trying to steal a book and them the country they have this lady. that was going to be the queen that was very mean and she always have been so mean and so bossy .to other kids and other kids family and she tried to fight.
Jess
Jan 11, 2015 Jess rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lucinda's Secret was a really enjoyable read. I just flew through it and really enjoyed it. The sequence of events were great and yeah...I enjoyed it.
The phooka was hilarious too.
Tyreese
This book was okay.. I like it, but not as much as the previous books. But they're was a lot of character development going on in this book, which was definitely needed!
Reddish
Mar 24, 2016 Reddish rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids-viewpoint
"It was a cheatall this magic. It seemed so great, but underneath, it was just as disappointing as everything else." ...more
Madi
Jan 06, 2015 Madi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2015
I liked this book and all the little things that the kids discovered in it. Very interesting book. :)
Alberto
Jared is lucky his twin brother is nice, and LIKES discovering magical creatures with him. How normal.
Femke Jonkman
Mar 27, 2016 Femke Jonkman rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hij kreeg van mij een 8,5. De recensie komt morgen om 9:00 uur online :)
Joshua Perna
"Your kind wither in the blink of an eye." He leaned close to the bars of the cage and winked.

After randomly remembering how much I loved this book series as a kid, I picked up The Spiderwick Chronicles to see if it held up over the years, and I was pleasantly surprised. Cashing in on the children's-fantasy kick of the early 2000's, this heavily illustrated book is in the same fantastical vein of the Harry Potter series with the childish, macabre aesthetic of A Series of Unfortunate Events. D
Meghan
Aug 20, 2015 Meghan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The third novel in the Spiderwick Chronicles. The three Grace kids think it’s time to see Aunt Lucinda to see if she can shed any light on their situation at her house. She tells them it isn’t safe there, and that they mustn’t stay there. She also mentions her father, Arthur Spiderwick, and how one day he just left his family. This gets the children thinking, and once the field guide goes missing they begin their mission for the guide, and for their great-uncle. The novel was full of adventure, ...more
Class of 2014: Book Review 1 2 Oct 13, 2013 06:54PM
Goodreads Librari...: audio book 8 39 Feb 01, 2012 10:24AM
Books 3 18 Jun 21, 2011 11:10AM
  • Kenny and the Dragon
  • Jennifer Murdley's Toad (Magic Shop, #3)
  • Theodosia and the Staff of Osiris (Theodosia Throckmorton, #2)
  • The Golden Wasp (The Secrets of Droon, #8)
  • Ottoline Goes to School (Ottoline, #2)
  • Midnight Over Sanctaphrax (Edge Chronicles, #3)
  • Dreadful Acts (The Eddie Dickens Trilogy, #2)
  • Beyond the Valley of Thorns (The Land of Elyon, #2)
  • High Wire (Edgar & Ellen, #5)
  • Up and Down the Scratchy Mountains
  • Jane on Her Own (Catwings, #4)
  • The Magic Key (Fairy Realm, #5)
  • You Wish (The Misadventures of Benjamin Bartholomew Piff, #1)
  • Spellsinger (Avalon: Web of Magic #5)
  • How to Be a Pirate (How to Train Your Dragon, #2)
  • Magic by the Lake (Tales of Magic, #3)
  • Worlds Apart (W.I.T.C.H. Chapter Books, #14)
New York Times bestselling author and illustrator, Tony DiTerlizzi, has been creating books for over a decade. From his fanciful picture books like "Jimmy Zangwow’s Moon Pie Adventure", "Ted" and "The Spider & The Fly" (a Caldecott Honor book), to chapter books like "Kenny and The Dragon" and the WondLa trilogy, Tony always imbues his stories with a rich imagination. With Holly Black, he creat ...more
More about Tony DiTerlizzi...

The Spiderwick Chronicles (5 books)
  • The Field Guide (The Spiderwick Chronicles, #1)
  • The Seeing Stone (The Spiderwick Chronicles, #2)
  • The Ironwood Tree (The Spiderwick Chronicles, #4)
  • The Wrath of Mulgarath (The Spiderwick Chronicles, #5)

“What an author doesn't know could fill a book.” 164 likes