The Betrayed (Gifted, #2)

The Betrayed (The Gifted #2)

4.23 of 5 stars 4.23  ·  rating details  ·  153 ratings  ·  18 reviews
A religious thriller. An epic historical. An award-winning author with one million books in print. Second in the breathtaking trilogy.

The first book in Lisa T. Bergren's Gifted trilogy, The Begotten, was hailed by Library Journal as "a full-bodied, absorbing tale that combines authentic historical detail with a universally appealing and gripping story that will have read...more
Published September 4th 2007 by Berkley Hardcover (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The Betrayed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Betrayed

Michelle
I totally loved the first book in this series, The Begotten. It was fabulous. The second book in this series, The Betrayed was just as good. I recommend reading the series in order. There was a point in the middle of The Betrayed when I put this book down due to other commitments, but when I picked it up again I was pulled right back into that world.

The brutality the "gifted" experienced was as powerful as the miraculous events. I couldn't believe how many times they were captured after trying t...more
Norma Hanna
I enjoyed this book so much more so than the first. I am looking forward to the third in this trilogy.
Megan
Really enjoyable series...very Da Vinci Code-esque with strong Christian faith foundation.
Alyce
Book #2 in the Gifted series and not as good as the first. It felt like it went on too long. The questions with the author at the end ask about comparisons with the DaVinci Code--no way! This is not even close. You do get a sense of 14th century Italy, I guess, but I have to say that the language is mostly modern with the irritating exception of "mayhap" which was used often...and really bugged me if you can't tell!
Anne
I am halfway through book 3 of this trilogy. They are terrific. I rarely rate a five, but these two came very close. They take place in the 12th century but are very apropos for today, as we fight the insidious evil that has crept into our world and threatens to take us down. it makes us realize we must trust always in jesus, our Lord and Savior. I will add to this when I finish Book 3, the finale.
Mindy Sisson Gregory
This was a good one! A tale of good vs. evil plus action, adventure, romance. The second in a trilogy, you'll need to read the first one to understand what's going on in this one, but I think the author really hit her stride in this second book. This one really had me turning the pages and rooting for the good guys (and gals).
Christina
This second installment in Bergren's Gifted series was just as good as the first. It has very heavy Christian themes which I think Bergren successfully weaves into a gripping story with characters who are vibrant. I couldn't put it down.
Judy
I enjoyed the book but was distracted and had a hard time really getting into the book. It couldn't pull me completely into the story.
Pamela
Epic - historical - supernatural thriller - year 1341; the "Gifted" are followers of Jesus Christ - the book pulls at you -
Lizzy
Just as good as the first book.... maybe even better. Can't wait to read the third and see what happens.
Adrienne
Nov 12, 2008 Adrienne rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone
ireally liked this one (as usual).i am waiting for the 3rd in the trilogy to come out. :)
Mary
I loved this series. If you love historical fiction, this is a definite must read.
Hari Kumar
I wonder why this series didnt get famous !!!
Just Splendid .
Dimmy-jimmy
good book but,a little too complicated in the story line.
Jessica
I was totally wrapped up in this book.
Bradley
See my review under book 3: Blessed.
Joann
A relgious based fantasy.
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2014
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Wendykayjones
Wendykayjones marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2014
Claudia Sharp
Claudia Sharp marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2014
Dini
Dini marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2014
Savannah
Savannah marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2014
Jessica
Jessica is currently reading it
Jul 29, 2014
Heidi
Heidi marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
About

Lisa Tawn Bergren is the best-selling, award-winning author of over 40 books, with more than 2.5 million copies sold. She recently finished a teen series called River of Time (WATERFALL, CASCADE, TORRENT, BOURNE & TRIBUTARY and soon will be done with the last installment, DELUGE). She's also written the Grand Tour Series (GLAMOROUS ILLUSIONS, GRAVE CONSEQUENCES, GLITTERING PROMISES), and...more
More about Lisa Tawn Bergren...
Waterfall (River of Time, #1) Cascade (River of Time, #2) Torrent (River of Time, #3) Bourne (River of Time, #3.1) Glamorous Illusions (Grand Tour, #1)