Start by marking “Redeeming the Rogue” as Want to Read:
Redeeming the Rogue

Redeeming the Rogue (Chambers Trilogy #3)

3.83  ·  Rating Details  ·  120 Ratings  ·  39 Reviews
Michael Rafferty is an agent for the Crown, on the trail of a conspirator championing Irish independence through acts of violence. The trail leads to Washington, D.C., where Rafferty must assume the role of a diplomat in order to set a trap for the villain. To complete the pretense, he'll need to transform his coarse image and find someone to portray his wife.

Lady Arianne
Published August 2nd 2011 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about Redeeming the Rogue, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Redeeming the Rogue

Pat
Aug 14, 2011 Pat rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In Redeeming the Rogue by Donna MacMeans, the central plot is summed up nicely by the hero’s best friend (and intriguing, mysterious, delicious sidekick) Phineas Connor: “Have you considered the absurdity of it all, Rafe? That you, a son of Ireland, are traveling to America to impersonate a British minister in order to catch a fellow Irishman?”

Michael (Rafe) Rafferty is an Irishman working as an agent for the Crown to develop a peaceful, political solution to the question of Irish Home Rule. Ran
Pamela(AllHoney)
The third in the Chambers Trilogy. I loved the first book The Education of Mrs. Brimley but the second The Seduction of a Duke wasn't as good for me. So I wasn't prepared to like this one very much. But it surprised me and I quite enjoyed it. Maybe not as much as the first one but still, I was pleasantly pleased. Mr. Michael Rafferty has a mission to expose a murderer and needs the help of Lady Arianne to teach him etiquette and the rules of society to help him in his role as British minister. R ...more
Sep 24, 2011 Laura rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lady Arianne has been given the unfortunate nickname of "Cupid's Mistress". Everywhere she goes, people she encounters, fall in love. Just as love is about to capture her, she reveals a hidden family secret to her groom-to-be. That night, feeling she can give herself over to true love, her fiancee comes to her, taking away her innocence. The next morning he quickly announces his recent engagement; to another woman.
Michael Rafferty, an Irish citizen, comes to England in hopes of finding the man t
Jaime
Review from www.FreshFiction.com

Life for a well bred lady in Victorian England holds very few milestones to look forward to. What happens when you find out that your breeding is not as great as you and society have been lead to believe? This is the question that brought Arianne’s world down around her when her brothers informed her that the uncaring man she called father was no one to her other then her mother’s husband. The original Duke of Bedford had many faults, including the inability to si
Riley Darkes
Aug 10, 2011 Riley Darkes rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was my first experience of Donna MacMeans, and I just loved it! I didn't realize this was one of a series until I was done, as her world was fabulous and full of necessary information to be a stand alone, I wasn't lost at all. I am now going to pick up her backlist, though! I was totally impressed.

Lady Arianne Chambers works for her country and volunteers to train the rogue hero, Michael Rafferty in etiquette. Rafferty is traveling to America under the guise of a minister, his mission to s
Rose
Aug 06, 2011 Rose rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lady Arianne Chambers, sister to the Duke of Bedford, has helped numerous upper-class couples make happy marriages, but she's never had any luck finding the right man for herself. Since she's a well bred and properly brought up young lady, she keeps her personal unhappiness to herself.

Now she's been asked to give lessons on diplomatic behavior and deportment to raffish Michael Rafferty, a rugged man of action who's on the trail of a murderer who's killed the previous ambassador to the United Sta
Saralee
Aug 06, 2011 Saralee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Michelle Steffen
Donna MacMeans can sure write one heck of a good historical romance! Lady Arianne Chambers, raised in high society, sister of a duke, is actually more or less, common born, (you'll have to read the book to learn what's up), she's also a matchmaker, but not by choice, just another little quirk she has in addition to her noble upbringing. Enter Michael Rafferty, agent for the Crown, handsome Irishman, a little rough around the edges, who has to assume the role of a diplomat in order to catch a kil ...more
Shelly Ash
Sep 22, 2011 Shelly Ash rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great historical with an in-depth storyline that makes Redeeming the Rogue a "real" book. It has romance and intrigue, with a sexy, honorable hero you can't get enough of. Books can be so short these days, so it's really nice to read a book thats got a jam-packed storyline and you don't get the whole scoop of the story until the very end. Redeeming the Rogue is sweetly romantic even though the characters fight their feelings and don't want to get attached (but of course they do anyway). I love ...more
Teresa Kleeman
Jul 18, 2015 Teresa Kleeman rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was the first book I read by Donna MacMeans. I loved it! The only complaint I had was the book was too short, lol.

The hero Michael Rafferty and the heroine Lady Arianne Chambers come from two different worlds. In the upper crust of London Society status and a title means everything. Lady Arianne is sister to the Duke of Bedford a daughter of the Old Duke that kept her away at school. Lady Arianne was brought up with all these fine rules on how ladies and gentleman are suppose to behave.

Mich
Diane Sallans
Sep 05, 2011 Diane Sallans rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book I've read by Donna MacMeans and I really enjoyed it. It's time setting and locations were more unique than most books of this genre (1880's London then across the ocean to Baltimore & Washington DC). The historical information was also appreciated. I wasn't familiar with the Fenians (Irish Rebel group) and didn't know much about the Garfield assassination. I always enjoy learning about bits of history while reading a good romance story.
Aimee McGill
This is only my 2nd romance novel but it was a good one. Great story and characters and a wonderful surprise at the end. I will defintly be picking up more book from Donna :)

Note for the Author : Thank you so much for all my wonderful goodies in my package I love it all especially the card thanks so much... Loved your book and just bought another one yesterday.
Detrice
Mar 09, 2015 Detrice rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Murder, mystery, intrigue and double cross; now add a handsome rogue, a damaged heiress and politics and you have a book that you can’t put down. This story has just about everything a good novel would have, while adding enough sexual tension that even the reader will be screaming come on already. (FYI if you are into the romance novels that have sex throughout the book you will not be pleased, if you are more into the tension and the story then grab this book!)
I was pleased with this weekend
Summer
This book is a little hard to rate. There were parts that I felt were really good and parts I just honestly skimmed over. It was kind of a mixed bag. I feel like it was as a whole a decent book, but I would have like it to have been better.
Helen
Aug 29, 2011 Helen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutley loved this book from start to finish it is a real page turner Michael Rafferty is a hero to die for as Lady Arianne found out
fantastic story
Kassie
Aug 17, 2011 Kassie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was another good book by MacMeans....enjoyed the characters!!!
Cynthia
Courtesy of TawnyWeber.com
Joan Osborne
Mar 26, 2016 Joan Osborne rated it it was amazing
Captured my attention from the first page!

This was a wonderful romance that captured my attention from the very first page. Rafferty was an awesome hero and I absolutely adored everything about him. The fact that he wasn't a titled gentleman like so many historical romances only added to my interest. I enjoyed the interactions between Rafferty and Arianne and could feel the chemistry between them. Enjoyable story with interesting characters and one that I highly recommend.
Karen
Aug 18, 2011 Karen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This one was quite a ride... Michael Rafferty is an Irish agent for the British Crown, tracking down Basil Toomey, a violent "Fenian" (rebel Irish) assassin who seeks Irish independence through any means, and who was responsible for the death of Rafferty's parents. Evidence has turned up suggesting the man is in America-- Washington, D.C., in fact, and possibly responsible for the murder of the current British legate to America. But instead of sending him as an agent, Rafferty's bosses are sendi ...more
Bookaholics
Aug 22, 2011 Bookaholics rated it really liked it
Redeeming the Rogue by Donna MacMeans
Historical Romance -Aug. 2nd, 2011
4 stars

Michael Rafferty is an Irish agent working for the British Home Office. He is on the hunt for his family’s killer - a man named Basil Toomey. Toomey is part of a dangerous group called Fenians, who believe that violence is the only way to free Ireland from the Queen. Toomey has been spotted in America and Rafferty has to pose as a British diplomat visiting Washington, D.C. so that he can catch Toomey once and for all.
Lindy
Nov 01, 2011 Lindy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reviewed for TwoLips Reviews
4 1/2 Kisses, 1/2 pepper

When Arianne finds out the late Duke of Bedford was not really her father, it explains his moodiness and anger toward her and her brothers. But she realizes this revelation will probably have some very negative repercussions on her life, and she’s right. She lost her virginity in Vienna to a man she thought intended to marry her, but when the blackguard found out the old Duke wasn’t her father, he dumped her for someone else.

Michael Rafferty in
Violet Hilton
Ellie
Aug 11, 2011 Ellie rated it liked it
Redeeming the Rogue By Donna MacMeans

Grade: C-

“Her words struck him in the gut. She thought he deserved better? He who knew the gutters of the dockland better than the wide streets of Mayfield? The one who sought release by pummeling flesh or hoisting a shovel of coal?”

Lady Arianne Chambers may be known throughout the Ton as Cupid’s Mistress and a successful matchmaker but she herself is very unlucky in love. To escape from the man she thought was going to propose to her, and instead asked anoth
Melissa McHugh
So, the third book I've read from this author had some of the similar problems in Book 2,but still, I enjoyed the book and would have enjoyed it more if it had been standalone.

Arianne Chambers is not in either of the first two books, just referenced as traveling. I wonder how they could afford to let her travel in high style when the purpose of the second book is that William is so broke, he takes the first American heiress who'll have him. She's so absent from the first two books that there's n
Rebecca
I received this book through the Goodreads FirstReads program.

This historical novel is set in the late 1900s and takes place in both London and Washington, D.C. Irishman Michael Rafferty is an agent for the Crown and must travel to Washington to pose as the British Ambassador. While there, he will investigate the former ambassador’s death and attempt to track down Irish conspirator Basil Toomey, who killed Rafferty’s parents and brother in a terrorist attack. Rafferty’s unmarried status presents
Rflutist
Apr 01, 2014 Rflutist rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a great read for those who love the true history behind historical romances, whichI do. The romantic couple, Arianne and Michael Rafferty, are good for each other and strong in their own right. The murder mystery elements of the plot are also a plus. This book is closer to a 4 1/2 than a 4, well written, and I'd read more by Ms. MacMeans.
Sass
Jul 06, 2014 Sass rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: did-not-finish
Only made it three chapters into this one. There's nothing specific I dislike, I think it's just hitting the wrong tone or something. Too dull and formulaic maybe? I know the dialogue isn't grabbing me at all.
Betty
Dec 09, 2011 Betty rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Michael Rafferty, Irish and an agent for the English Crown travels to Washington, DC in order to trap a conspiritor who is championing Irish independence. Lady Arianne Chambers, the sister of an English Duke, travels with him in order teach him the skills that he will need to pass himself off as an English gentleman.
This historical romance has the added bonus of mystery, suspence, action, political intrigue, and excellent characterization. This was my first book by Donna MacMeans but will def
Theresa
This hitstorical romance kept me turning the pages as I wanted to know what was going to happen next. I adored Michael Rafferty and found him crush and swoon worthy. Sigh...

Even though this is the 3rd of the Chambers Trilogy, I really didn't feel as if I had missed out on anything - it reads like a stand alone. I enjoyed this book and am going to put it back in my TBR pile. I am going to look for the others in the trilogy to read them from beginning to end.
MountainMouse
Nov 30, 2011 MountainMouse rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: firstreads
I received this book as part of a First Reads giveaway.

It was very hard to put this book down! The intrigue, the characters, the action! Everything kept me wanting more! I haven't read anything by Donna MacMeans before, but I will definitely go back and read her other books!
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 21, 2015 10:50AM
  • Confessions of an Improper Bride (Donovan Sisters, #1)
  • Wild and Wicked in Scotland (Charmed and Dangerous, #1)
  • Flawless (The Christies, #1)
  • Heiress in Love (Ministry of Marriage, #1)
  • Her Ladyship's Companion
  • Season for Temptation (Holiday Pleasures, #1)
  • Tempted by a Warrior (Galloway Trilogy, #3)
  • It's Always Been You (York Family, #2)
  • Fortune's Son
  • Ripe for Pleasure (The League of Second Sons, #1)
  • Just One Season in London
  • Wicked Seduction (Wicked, #2)
  • Practical Widow to Passionate Mistress (Transformation of the Shelley Sisters, #1)
  • Daughters of Artemis
  • A Midnight Dance (Fiery Tales, #1)
  • To Sin With a Scoundrel (Circle of Sin, #1)
  • The Centurion and the Queen
  • Catriona
An award winner author, Donna MacMeans writes witty and seductive historical romance set in the Victorian era.
More about Donna MacMeans...

Chambers Trilogy (3 books)
  • The Education of Mrs. Brimley (Chambers Trilogy, #1)
  • The Seduction of a Duke (Chambers Trilogy, #2)