Start by marking “Technical Analysis for Dummies” as Want to Read:
Technical Analysis for Dummies

Technical Analysis for Dummies

3.47 of 5 stars 3.47  ·  rating details  ·  78 ratings  ·  7 reviews
A simple, straightforward guide to the fundamentals of technical analysisTechnical analysis is a collection of techniques designed to help people make trading decisions. "Technical Analysis For Dummies, " 2nd Edition explains the basic principles and shows you how to apply these principles in an approachable and non-intimidating way.

Since the publication of the first editi
Published December 15th 2010 by For Dummies (first published March 5th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Technical Analysis for Dummies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Technical Analysis for Dummies

David Roberts
The book I read to research this post was Technical Analysis For Dummies by Barbara Rockefeller which is a very good book which I bought from kindle. Technical Analysis is about analyzing the Stockmarket to see whether you should be selling your shares etc. Quite a bit of the book is about candle stick charting & I did read a book called Candle Stick Charts For Dummies which I do recommend reading. When you follow the market ie you hang on to shares or buy more in a particular company when l ...more
Colin
Oct 29, 2007 Colin rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Beginning market technicians
Shelves: technical, trading
This book is exactly how the title makes it seem: it's an introduction to technical analysis. The topics are broad, spanning everything from reading charts to interpreting a number of different technical indicators to managing trading risk, and they are applicable to any type of securities trading (equities, futures, currencies, and so on). These topics are also covered in introductory trading books, but Technical Analysis for Dummies goes into them in a bit more detail in its 300+ pages.

I would
Awinash Jha
To a starter in the field of chart reading or technical analysis it's a must have ...I learned the ropes from this book itself . It has cover the fundamentals well.
Dave
Great grounding for Technical Analyis.
Erik Johnson
Do not buy this book for your I pad. I could not read or download the charts. I contacted Kobo customer care and they could not help me. Kobo said they could not fix the problem and gave me a credit. I feel the book is essentially useless without the charts (given it is about technical analysis!).
Jon
I generally don't read "Dummies" books, but I found this one to be worthwhile. Sure there were sections that I merely scanned, but the presentation and descriptions seemed adequate. Recommended.
Walbesher
Walbesher marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2015
Rahul Bramhe
Rahul Bramhe marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2015
Janice
Janice marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2015
gunes batu
gunes batu marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2015
Myk123
Myk123 marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2015
Bill
Bill marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2015
Harshit
Harshit marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
Jason Sullivan
Jason Sullivan marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2014
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2014
Marimar Fernandez
Marimar Fernandez is currently reading it
Dec 03, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Investing For Dummies
  • Stock Investing for Dummies
  • Trend Following: Learn to Make Millions in Up or Down Markets
  • Come Into My Trading Room: A Complete Guide to Trading
  • The Five Rules for Successful Stock Investing: Morningstar's Guide to Building Wealth and Winning in the Market
  • Head First HTML5 Programming
  • Rule #1: The Simple Strategy for Successful Investing in Only 15 Minutes a Week!
  • The Wall Street MBA: Your Personal Crash Course in Corporate Finance
  • Options for the Beginner and Beyond: Unlock the Opportunities and Minimize the Risks (Financial Times (Prentice Hall))
  • Japanese Candlestick Charting Techniques: A Contemporary Guide to the Ancient Investment Techniques of the Far East
  • Getting Started in Options
  • Latin for Dummies
  • The Only Three Questions That Count: Investing by Knowing What Others Don't
  • Economics For Dummies
  • English Grammar for Students of Spanish: The Study Guide for Those Learning Spanish
  • Benjamin Graham on Investing: Enduring Lessons from the Father of Value Investing
  • God and the Atom
  • Screw Work, Let's Play: How to Do What You Love and Get Paid for It
The Foreign Exchange Matrix: A new framework for understanding currency movements Technical Analysis For Dummies CNBC 24/7 Trading Around the Clock, Around the World The Global Trader: Strategies for Profiting in Foreign Exchange, Futures and Stocks Technical Analysis For Dummies®