Start by marking “Technical Analysis for Dummies” as Want to Read:
Technical Analysis for Dummies

Technical Analysis for Dummies

A simple, straightforward guide to the fundamentals of technical analysis Technical analysis is a collection of techniques designed to help people make trading decisions. Technical Analysis For Dummies, 2nd Edition explains the basic principles and shows you how to apply these principles in an approachable and non-intimidating way.

Since the publication of the first editio
Published December 15th 2010 by For Dummies (first published March 5th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Technical Analysis for Dummies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Technical Analysis for Dummies

David Roberts
May 20, 2013 David Roberts rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The book I read to research this post was Technical Analysis For Dummies by Barbara Rockefeller which is a very good book which I bought from kindle. Technical Analysis is about analyzing the Stockmarket to see whether you should be selling your shares etc. Quite a bit of the book is about candle stick charting & I did read a book called Candle Stick Charts For Dummies which I do recommend reading. When you follow the market ie you hang on to shares or buy more in a particular company when l ...more
Colin
Oct 23, 2007 Colin rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Beginning market technicians
Shelves: technical, trading
This book is exactly how the title makes it seem: it's an introduction to technical analysis. The topics are broad, spanning everything from reading charts to interpreting a number of different technical indicators to managing trading risk, and they are applicable to any type of securities trading (equities, futures, currencies, and so on). These topics are also covered in introductory trading books, but Technical Analysis for Dummies goes into them in a bit more detail in its 300+ pages.

I would
Rob Landi
Feb 09, 2017 Rob Landi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great way to get a handle on how to perform technical analysis on the stock market as well as company stocks.
Erik Johnson
Sep 09, 2012 Erik Johnson rated it did not like it
Do not buy this book for your I pad. I could not read or download the charts. I contacted Kobo customer care and they could not help me. Kobo said they could not fix the problem and gave me a credit. I feel the book is essentially useless without the charts (given it is about technical analysis!).
Stuart Wasserman
Fantastic book, one for beginners and veterans as well. I started trading 34 years ago and picked this up at the library to brush up on what's new and it really helped me get back into the swing of things.
Carol
Nov 14, 2016 Carol rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book was very technical and it's certainly not for the faint hearted. Technical analysis needs a lot of time and busy folks like me don't have much time for this. Will revisit this book again in the future perhaps....
Awinash Jha
Jan 10, 2015 Awinash Jha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
To a starter in the field of chart reading or technical analysis it's a must have ...I learned the ropes from this book itself . It has cover the fundamentals well.
Jon
Oct 11, 2013 Jon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I generally don't read "Dummies" books, but I found this one to be worthwhile. Sure there were sections that I merely scanned, but the presentation and descriptions seemed adequate. Recommended.
Dave
Sep 16, 2014 Dave rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great grounding for Technical Analyis.
Ricardo Renesto
Oct 05, 2016 Ricardo Renesto rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Is good for beginners, but don't expect much if you have some knowledge about technical analysis.
Gemma Cortadellas
Gemma Cortadellas rated it liked it
Jul 10, 2015
Dominic
Dominic rated it liked it
Nov 18, 2011
Devin Wiggins
Devin Wiggins rated it did not like it
Feb 28, 2011
Fery Yulianto
Fery Yulianto rated it it was amazing
May 20, 2017
Tiago Rodrigues
Tiago Rodrigues rated it really liked it
Dec 27, 2013
Mike Clark
Mike Clark rated it liked it
Nov 15, 2016
Maggi
Maggi rated it it was amazing
May 06, 2015
Kurt Meeske
Kurt Meeske rated it liked it
Aug 07, 2016
Chris
Chris rated it it was amazing
Nov 18, 2014
Mayuresh Joshi
Mayuresh Joshi rated it it was amazing
Mar 28, 2013
Stephen Emmons
Stephen Emmons rated it really liked it
Aug 09, 2015
Justin Ellis
Justin Ellis rated it liked it
Sep 04, 2013
Roney
Roney rated it liked it
Jun 29, 2014
Scott
Scott rated it really liked it
May 10, 2010
Ionfarmer
Ionfarmer rated it it was ok
Mar 18, 2015
Joseph Varthas
Joseph Varthas rated it it was amazing
Sep 02, 2013
Craig Barton
Craig Barton rated it it was amazing
Feb 09, 2014
Chris Hall
Chris Hall rated it it was amazing
Jan 05, 2015
Benedict Wong
Benedict Wong rated it it was amazing
Jun 22, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Day Trading For Dummies
  • Currency Trading for Dummies
  • Investing For Dummies
  • Come Into My Trading Room: A Complete Guide to Trading
  • Stock Investing for Dummies
  • Head First HTML5 Programming
  • The Five Rules for Successful Stock Investing: Morningstar's Guide to Building Wealth and Winning in the Market
  • Rule #1: The Simple Strategy for Successful Investing in Only 15 Minutes a Week!
  • Beyond Candlesticks: New Japanese Charting Techniques Revealed
  • Five Great German Short Stories: A Dual-Language Book
  • Getting Started in Options
  • Essentials of Investments [with Standard & Poor's Bind-In Card & CD-ROM]
  • Mind Mapping for Dummies
  • Options for the Beginner and Beyond: Unlock the Opportunities and Minimize the Risks (Financial Times (Prentice Hall))
  • Practice Makes Perfect: Complete Spanish Grammar
  • How the Stock Market Works: A Beginner's Guide to Investment
  • The Portable MBA in Entrepreneurship
  • The Little Book of Currency Trading: How to Make Big Profits in the World of Forex

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »