Start by marking “A Natural Father” as Want to Read:
A Natural Father

A Natural Father

What is she thinking? Being pregnant, single and expanding her business? No doubt about it, Lucy Basso's hands are full. As if that's not enough, hottie Dominic Bianco is showing more than a little interest in her. Even her impending motherhood doesn't seem to faze him. In fact, he's acting as tender and protective as if she were carrying his baby.

But something seems to be
ebook, Harlequin SuperRomance #1551, 256 pages
Published March 2009 by Harlequin Books (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about A Natural Father, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Natural Father

Jacob Proffitt
My least favorite from Sarah Mayberry to date, but that still makes it a fun read. Most of this story is forecast from the beginning; you can see the twists coming from miles ahead and none of them fail to turn up on time and in costume. Still, I was never tempted to put it down or move on.

Most of that is due to the lead characters. Dom is one of those hot sweeties you can't help falling for from the start and Lucy is as engaging in her way as well. I fell for both right from the start and Maybe
Kay
Jan 11, 2013 Kay rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks
4 Stars ~ Dominic wants more than anything to be a father and after years of trying for a family, he discovers that he's sterile. When he suggests a sperm donor or adoption, his wife refuses and asks for a divorce. With his marriage destroyed and feeling totally rejected, Dom decides to take a break from the family wholesale produce market and travels to Italy for six months. When Lucy's boyfriend of eight years dumps her for a young yoga instructor, she's heartbroken. A month after the break up ...more
Saly
A Natural Father was a pretty nice read. Lucy Basso's life is a mess, she has been dumped by her boyfriend of 8 years, is pregnant and has to break the news to her Italian mother, who single-handedly raised both her kids and wanted better for them. On top of the Lucy's self-business can't seem to get a loan from the bank and she is staying with her elder sister Rosie and her husband Andrew.

Dominic Bianco has just returned home after a 6 month stay in Italy. Dom left after his marriage broke-down
Sassafrass
Another sweet CR from Sarah Mayberry! I found Sarah Mayberry by accident a few years ago, but she’s really one of the authors I like to go to when I want to read a sweet, contemporary romance.

The author certainly didn’t disappoint when it came to A NATURAL FATHER. This was so sweet. I fell in love with both Lucy and Dominic. I even liked Lucy’s sister and brother-in-law. I thought the story developed well, and I was really glad that Dom didn’t miraculously get cured of his sterility. I think it
Velocity
Jul 29, 2016 Velocity rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-stars
Overall, a good romance. The issue of a secondary character not wanting children is thankfully handled better than I originally thought, although there is an underlying notion of "if you don't want kids, there may be something wrong you with you -off to the therapist to find out!", which is a tad patronising. Still, a good read and it's obvious that the author is actively trying not to resort to stereotypes, which is no mean feat when you're writing superromances.
Kelly
Sep 24, 2013 Kelly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Would have been 4 stars, but there was a bit too much stupid, bullheaded secret-keeping going on for my taste. Rosie needed to talk to her damn husband about her doubts and fears. And Dom needed to talk to Lucy about his sterility, instead of just pushing her away. Once again it was that stupid "I don't want to hurt you so I'm gonna hurt you" logic, and I hate that shit.
Caitlings
Not sure why I chose to read this one...but it was fluffy and fun. I thought the inevitable drama near the end was completely overwrought and not at all how that would've happened, but still I had fun reading it.
Ashley F
On A Natural Father:

I loved this book! Seriously I've had Sarah Mayberry books sitting on my Kindle and on my to-read shelf and now I am going to read them. Okay so it will probably be months before I get back to them but still!

Lucy Basso finds herself single, pregnant, and a relatively new business owner. Jilted by the father of her child she turns to family to help her through. She's fiercely dependent but knows she cannot do everything since her business is just starting. When she applies for
Carrie
What I've enjoyed most about books written by Sarah Mayberry has been the quality of the writing and the realism of her stories. Every time I pick up a series romance, I'm expecting, at best, an entertaining but shallow story. 180 to 250 pages doesn't leave much room for character and plot development. Mayberry has a talent for using her words wisely and giving the reader not only fully developed characters, but a plot with more depth and emotion than many longer-length novels.

A Natural Father,
Joy
Jan 14, 2011 Joy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Lucia is pregnant; her boyfriend's long gone with a "nimble" yoga instructor; and she has to run her restaurant produce-delivery business on her own--not to mention give her Italian mother the news. Dom's family business supplies Lucia with produce...but he's always longed to supply her with more. Now that he's divorced, he still wants her--but will he mind reaping what another man has sown? Actually, the hero and heroine of this charming romance are perfect for each other in many ways, it just ...more
Tin
Jun 28, 2013 Tin rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook, 2013
The title is really misleading, A Natural Father. Yet, Dominic didn't perform any fatherly duties in the book. And though he's not the father of the baby Lucy is carrying, simply saying he'll love her and the baby does not constitute being a natural father either. I didn't even read anything about his plans for their future. And the way Dom keep's saying "Lucy's baby" or "the baby", where's the paternal instinct there?

Anyway, i know i'm just nitpicking over the title here. "Loving You No Matter
Writerlibrarian
Jun 01, 2011 Writerlibrarian rated it really liked it
Another very solid, compelling contemporary romance. I love how Sarah Mayberry draws and shapes her characters, her leads and especially the secondary characters. None of them are paper thin and I feel like I know them a little. They are not there only to advanced the plot. They have a life of their own. I'm thinking about Rosie and Dominic's father that you get a glimpse of the man he is.

I liked the story how the reader gets to see many point of view what it is to have children. Do you want ch
Dee Schwinn
I thought this was a good book---not a great one but a quick read. It brought to light the question of having a family. One gets a divorce because he is sterile and she wants children; one got pregnant and then he left her because he didn't want to be a father, and one couple has the wife who is afraid to be a mom and the husband wants children. There is also the underlying theme of starting a business and family businesses. I enjoyed the characters but they were predictable
Jessica
She's back. Sarah Mayberry can write a romance, and A Natural Father fits the bill. The characters were believable, the conflict real, and all this with very little sex. After my not-so-hot experience with Below the Belt, maybe the author shouldn't be trying so hard to mesh her free flowing style into category romance. I'm ready for her single title.
Cecilia
Feb 09, 2012 Cecilia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As always, Sarah Mayberry hits the spot. Characters feel like rounded human beings, the plot follows character, not the other way around. I'm not even particularly interested in babies or people who are concerned about babies - having one, not having one - it's not my thing. But this is a lovely romance, and the characters drew me right in.
Feb 03, 2016 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I will check out more Sarah Mayberry books. Things did get a bit drawn out as far as Dom telling Lucy about his "big secret". Had a lot of real passion and dealt with single motherhood/pregnancy well.
Jamie C
Aug 26, 2016 Jamie C rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This would've been a DNF, but I must be a glutton for punishment. And the ending. Wow. Maybe I'm being biased because I really did not enjoy this book, but that was an abrupt ending. Hated every character except Doms dad.
Carolina
Bunga
Feb 23, 2015 Bunga rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
So sweet and enjoyable. Kali ini settingnya di Australia, karena authornya orang Australia. Meski begitu hero-heroinenya orang keturunan italia yg menetap di sana.
Tina
Jul 23, 2011 Tina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Man, it is 100 degrees. Way too hot to write a coherent review. So I'll just say:

Writing good.
story good.
characters good.
Sarah Mayberry always good.
Dee

Very nice romance
Coming to love Sarah M
And Aussie settings
E_bookpushers
Perfect for a read while sick. Not too complicated with a promised HEA. Thought secondary couple's issues were fixed a bit too easily tho.
Tara
Dec 30, 2015 Tara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lovely story. As always, Sarah Mayberry did a great job creating characters who are very human. Also has one of the more realistic representations of a pregnancy than I've seen in any Harlequin.
ms bookjunkie

*wipes tears* Though not my favorite Mayberry Superromance (and after a slowish start), it was still plenty emotionally satisfying.
Kim
Sep 09, 2012 Kim rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
good at least up until they had the falling out then it became lacluster to me. I would have given it a four stars otherwise
Det
Det rated it liked it
Nov 17, 2013
Marijana
Marijana rated it liked it
May 20, 2013
Steffi
Steffi rated it really liked it
Jun 07, 2011
Sky Joylar
Sky Joylar rated it liked it
Jul 18, 2016
Dawn O'Leary
Dawn O'Leary rated it really liked it
Apr 28, 2016
  • What the Librarian Did
  • His Wife for One Night
  • Letters from Home (McPherson Brothers, #1)
  • Never Stay Past Midnight
  • With This Fling
  • First Comes Baby
  • Proud Rancher, Precious Bundle
  • The Family Plan
  • Lessons in Seduction (Marconi, #3)
  • The Bride's Awakening
  • Cupcakes and Killer Heels (Brothers & Sisters, #2)
  • Terms of Engagement (Alpha Squad #2)
  • Hot under Pressure (Harlequin Blaze #485)
  • Claimed: The Pregnant Heiress (The Takeover, #1)
19909
Sarah Mayberry was born in Melbourne, Australia, and is the middle of three children. From the time that she first “stole” paper from kindergarten and stapled it together to make “books,” Sarah has always wanted to be a writer. In line with this ambition, on graduation from high school she completed a bachelor of arts degree majoring in professional writing, then sat down to write a book. When ins ...more
More about Sarah Mayberry...