Start by marking “Accidentally Overweight: Solve Your Weight Loss Puzzle” as Want to Read:
Accidentally Overweight: Solve Your Weight Loss Puzzle

Accidentally Overweight: Solve Your Weight Loss Puzzle

The fundamental objective of Accidentally Overweight is to help you attain optimum health and the body you want. How often have you made enormous efforts to change your body with little or no reward or perhaps, for some reward only to regain the weight you lost plus more? Accidentally Overweight will give you the tools to be enormously rewarded for your efforts.
Published 2010 by Little Green Frog Publishing Ltd

To ask other readers questions about Accidentally Overweight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Accidentally Overweight

Terrey Durbin
Jun 11, 2012 Terrey Durbin rated it it was amazing
A blinding flash of the not so obvious... New paradigm. .Get healthy first to lose weight not lose weight to be healthy. A must read. The most helpful book I have read, almost immediate shift in my approach to weight loss. I am not concentrating on weight loss rather focused on what is happening in my body, the biochemistry, hormones and the Improvement in health. I have stopped weighing myself, food is not the enemy any more and I have control. I may need to down size my clothes soon. I must be ...more
Jo
Oct 11, 2013 Jo rated it it was amazing
I think this book has just changed my life!
Gina
Jul 12, 2012 Gina rated it it was amazing
Fantastic book that explains complicated science in an easy to understand way. I love the common sense approach of this book and am excited to see what changes may come after putting in place some of the solutions I identified might enhance my well being. Currently reading Rushing Woman's Syndrome by Dr Libby which covers some of the same ground but more in depth regarding woman's issues. I have also attended a Dr Libby seminar and would recommend to anyone who enjoys the books.
Sunflower
Jun 30, 2012 Sunflower rated it really liked it
I met Libby before she moved to NZ and got married, when she was in charge of a seminar programme. She did a superb job there, and was the embodiment of her own advice. This book is a distillation of a different way of looking at body weight, with the starting point being that it's not about the food. It's about how we live, what stresses and emotions we are trying to escape from, and our sometimes destructive coping strategies. Well explained and scientifically based, my only gripe was that the ...more
Jen Nicholson
May 15, 2012 Jen Nicholson rated it it was amazing
Well written, very insightful, and actually scientific. If you can't work out your body, this is a good place to start.
Theresa
Jun 10, 2013 Theresa rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Women
Recommended to Theresa by: Emma Cachamaille
An excellent book about the things that might influence weight gain (more than just too many calories in vs not enough out). Covers lots of sections like stress, insulin, thyroid etc. Really interesting, and encouraging. Thoroughly recommend to all women, even if weight loss is not something for you to worry about. Interesting tidbits about digestion and the influence of food and other facts on general health.
Leanne
Jun 28, 2013 Leanne rated it it was amazing
This is a fantastic book, I think I learnt something from every single one of the 253 pages. It all seemed like stuff women should innately know, but don't. I'm moving straight on to Rushing Woman's Syndrome.
Karen
Jan 19, 2013 Karen rated it really liked it
Really insightful on how our bodies work. I knew it wasn't as simple as calories in and calories out - now I know why.
Kate
Oct 13, 2012 Kate rated it really liked it
Really interesting - gives some great insights into low progesterone/estogen dominance that will be of interest to women struggling with infertility and miscarriage.
Annakingston
Sep 01, 2012 Annakingston rated it it was amazing
This book really helped me get my head around what could be going on in my body. Thanks Dr. Libby for explaining things so simply.
Nadine Linklater
Awesome book - very informative!
Amy
Sep 05, 2011 Amy rated it it was amazing
Life changing. Dr.Libby Weaver breaks it down!
Marita
Dec 17, 2013 Marita rated it really liked it
An interesting, informative and useful book.
Judy
May 29, 2016 Judy rated it really liked it
Excellent book on weight loss (not dieting!). Dr Weaver gets quite technical at times and goes into much detail, some which takes a bit of study to understand. I don't read "dieting" books but am interested in how the body uses food and why some people tend to put on weight by just "looking" at food while others eat anything and everything and never put on weight. Definitely the best book I have read explaining the conundrum. I will now read it again, as Dr Weaver suggests, to digest more of the ...more
Ruth Hapeta
Jul 16, 2014 Ruth Hapeta rated it really liked it
Shelves: wellbeing
Excellent book, my workmate lost heaps of weight following what it said. She discusses the biochemistry of weight loss and all the systems of the body that need to be working in sync for weight loss to occur, including emotions. I read a library copy but I want to buy my own copy so I can actually follow her advice.
Trish Ramsay
Oct 31, 2014 Trish Ramsay rated it it was amazing
Shelves: health
My head is still swimming from all the information in this book, Libby does so well in explaining these scientific ideas simply. I also love that she draws in her wealth of experience in dealing with other experts, combining into an ideology which is holistic.
Kirsty Anthony
Oct 31, 2016 Kirsty Anthony rated it it was amazing
Amazing book, so insightful. Has made me make a lot of changes and i'm already feeling happier and healthier for it
Amy Fletcher
Amy Fletcher rated it it was amazing
Aug 07, 2015
Sophie Wallace
Sophie Wallace rated it liked it
Feb 18, 2014
Terri Taiaroa
Terri Taiaroa rated it it was amazing
Dec 13, 2014
Karen
Karen rated it it was ok
Apr 24, 2013
Emily
Emily rated it really liked it
Apr 18, 2016
Jessicca Vidal
Jessicca Vidal rated it really liked it
Apr 10, 2014
Heather
Heather rated it liked it
Feb 02, 2017
Ruth
Ruth rated it really liked it
Jan 17, 2013
Courtney Stevenson
Courtney Stevenson rated it really liked it
Oct 05, 2015
Mikkel
Mikkel rated it really liked it
Oct 28, 2014
Sabsi
Sabsi rated it really liked it
Nov 27, 2012
lyndsey jane madden
lyndsey jane madden rated it it was amazing
Aug 26, 2015
Rochelle
Rochelle rated it it was amazing
Apr 18, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Big Fat Lies
  • Oil Pulling Revolution: The Natural Approach to Dental Care, Whole-Body Detoxification and Disease Prevention
  • The Way of the Happy Woman: Living the Best Year of Your Life
  • Seeds of Deception: Exposing Industry and Government Lies about the Safety of the Genetically Engineered Foods You're Eating
  • Choosing Happiness: Life and Soul Essentials
  • True Pleasures: A Memoir of Women in Paris
  • Mastering Fermentation: Recipes for Making and Cooking with Fermented Foods
  • The Hidden
  • Eat, Fast, Slim: The Life-Changing Intermittent Fasting Diet for Amazing Weight Loss and Optimum Health
  • Food from Many Greek Kitchens
  • The Sugar Fix: The High-Fructose Fallout That Is Making You Fat and Sick
  • The Water Secret: The Cellular Breakthrough to Look and Feel 10 Years Younger
  • Expect More: Demanding Better Libraries For Today's Complex World
  • S.S.O.T.B.M.E. Revised: An Essay on Magic
  • The Foods and Wines of Spain
  • Kombucha Revolution: 75 Recipes for Homemade Brews, Fixers, Elixirs, and Mixers
  • Zen Bow, Zen Arrow: The Life and Teachings of Awa Kenzo, the Archery Master from "Zen in the Art of Archery"
  • How Conversation Works: 6 Lessons for Better Communication (Great Courses, #9382)