Start by marking “Accidentally Overweight: Solve Your Weight Loss Puzzle” as Want to Read:
Accidentally Overweight: Solve Your Weight Loss Puzzle

Accidentally Overweight: Solve Your Weight Loss Puzzle

4.25 of 5 stars 4.25  ·  rating details  ·  105 ratings  ·  15 reviews
The fundamental objective of Accidentally Overweight is to help you attain optimum health and the body you want. How often have you made enormous efforts to change your body with little or no reward or perhaps, for some reward only to regain the weight you lost plus more? Accidentally Overweight will give you the tools to be enormously rewarded for your efforts.
Published 2010 by Little Green Frog Publishing Ltd

To ask other readers questions about Accidentally Overweight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Accidentally Overweight

Terrey Durbin
A blinding flash of the not so obvious... New paradigm. .Get healthy first to lose weight not lose weight to be healthy. A must read. The most helpful book I have read, almost immediate shift in my approach to weight loss. I am not concentrating on weight loss rather focused on what is happening in my body, the biochemistry, hormones and the Improvement in health. I have stopped weighing myself, food is not the enemy any more and I have control. I may need to down size my clothes soon. I must be ...more
Sunflower
I met Libby before she moved to NZ and got married, when she was in charge of a seminar programme. She did a superb job there, and was the embodiment of her own advice. This book is a distillation of a different way of looking at body weight, with the starting point being that it's not about the food. It's about how we live, what stresses and emotions we are trying to escape from, and our sometimes destructive coping strategies. Well explained and scientifically based, my only gripe was that the ...more
Gina
Fantastic book that explains complicated science in an easy to understand way. I love the common sense approach of this book and am excited to see what changes may come after putting in place some of the solutions I identified might enhance my well being. Currently reading Rushing Woman's Syndrome by Dr Libby which covers some of the same ground but more in depth regarding woman's issues. I have also attended a Dr Libby seminar and would recommend to anyone who enjoys the books.
Jen Nicholson
Well written, very insightful, and actually scientific. If you can't work out your body, this is a good place to start.
Joanna
I think this book has just changed my life!
Theresa
Jun 30, 2013 Theresa rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Women
Recommended to Theresa by: Emma Cachamaille
An excellent book about the things that might influence weight gain (more than just too many calories in vs not enough out). Covers lots of sections like stress, insulin, thyroid etc. Really interesting, and encouraging. Thoroughly recommend to all women, even if weight loss is not something for you to worry about. Interesting tidbits about digestion and the influence of food and other facts on general health.
Leanne
This is a fantastic book, I think I learnt something from every single one of the 253 pages. It all seemed like stuff women should innately know, but don't. I'm moving straight on to Rushing Woman's Syndrome.
Kate
Really interesting - gives some great insights into low progesterone/estogen dominance that will be of interest to women struggling with infertility and miscarriage.
Annakingston
This book really helped me get my head around what could be going on in my body. Thanks Dr. Libby for explaining things so simply.
Karen
Really insightful on how our bodies work. I knew it wasn't as simple as calories in and calories out - now I know why.
Marita
An interesting, informative and useful book.
Amy B.
Life changing. Dr.Libby Weaver breaks it down!
Nadine Linklater
Awesome book - very informative!
Trish Ramsay
My head is still swimming from all the information in this book, Libby does so well in explaining these scientific ideas simply. I also love that she draws in her wealth of experience in dealing with other experts, combining into an ideology which is holistic.
Ruth Hapeta
Excellent book, my workmate lost heaps of weight following what it said. She discusses the biochemistry of weight loss and all the systems of the body that need to be working in sync for weight loss to occur, including emotions. I read a library copy but I want to buy my own copy so I can actually follow her advice.
Shawn
Shawn is currently reading it
Sep 01, 2015
Zuzi
Zuzi marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2015
Liz Grec
Liz Grec marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2015
Adelaide Page
Adelaide Page marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2015
Delphine Gorce
Delphine Gorce marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2015
Vera
Vera marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2015
Laura Hawkins
Laura Hawkins marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2015
Corinne
Corinne marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2015
Louise Moore
Louise Moore marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2015
Shira
Shira marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2015
Kim
Kim added it
Jul 10, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Big Fat Lies
  • Oil Pulling Revolution: The Natural Approach to Dental Care, Whole-Body Detoxification and Disease Prevention
  • The Way of the Happy Woman: Living the Best Year of Your Life
  • The Wahls Protocol: How I Beat Progressive MS Using Paleo Principles and Functional Medicine
  • Choosing Happiness: Life and Soul Essentials
  • My Year Without Matches: Escaping the City in Search of the Wild
  • Seeds of Deception: Exposing Industry and Government Lies about the Safety of the Genetically Engineered Foods You're Eating
  • True Pleasures: A Memoir of Women in Paris
  • Spirit Driven Success
  • The Big Fat Surprise: Why Butter, Meat and Cheese Belong in a Healthy Diet
  • How You Stand, How You Move, How You Live: Learning the Alexander Technique to Explore Your Mind-Body Connection and Achieve Self-Mastery
  • Expect More: Demanding Better Libraries For Today's Complex World
  • Mastering Fermentation: Recipes for Making and Cooking with Fermented Foods
  • The Book of Chakra Healing
  • The Vegetarian Myth: Food, Justice, and Sustainability
  • The Sugar Fix: The High-Fructose Fallout That Is Making You Fat and Sick
  • Secrets Of The Red Lantern: Stories And Recipes From The Heart
  • The Water Secret: The Cellular Breakthrough to Look and Feel 10 Years Younger
Rushing Woman's Syndrome Dr Libby's Beauty From the Inside Out Dr Libby's Real Food Chef The Calorie Fallacy: Stop Dieting Start Nourishing Real Food Kitchen