Accidentally Overweight: Solve Your Weight Loss Puzzle

Accidentally Overweight: Solve Your Weight Loss Puzzle

4.26 of 5 stars 4.26  ·  rating details  ·  69 ratings  ·  14 reviews
The fundamental objective of Accidentally Overweight is to help you attain optimum health and the body you want. How often have you made enormous efforts to change your body with little or no reward or perhaps, for some reward only to regain the weight you lost plus more? Accidentally Overweight will give you the tools to be enormously rewarded for your efforts.
Paperback
Published 2010 by Little Green Frog Publishing Ltd

Terrey Durbin
A blinding flash of the not so obvious... New paradigm. .Get healthy first to lose weight not lose weight to be healthy. A must read. The most helpful book I have read, almost immediate shift in my approach to weight loss. I am not concentrating on weight loss rather focused on what is happening in my body, the biochemistry, hormones and the Improvement in health. I have stopped weighing myself, food is not the enemy any more and I have control. I may need to down size my clothes soon. I must be...more
Gina
Fantastic book that explains complicated science in an easy to understand way. I love the common sense approach of this book and am excited to see what changes may come after putting in place some of the solutions I identified might enhance my well being. Currently reading Rushing Woman's Syndrome by Dr Libby which covers some of the same ground but more in depth regarding woman's issues. I have also attended a Dr Libby seminar and would recommend to anyone who enjoys the books.
Sunflower
I met Libby before she moved to NZ and got married, when she was in charge of a seminar programme. She did a superb job there, and was the embodiment of her own advice. This book is a distillation of a different way of looking at body weight, with the starting point being that it's not about the food. It's about how we live, what stresses and emotions we are trying to escape from, and our sometimes destructive coping strategies. Well explained and scientifically based, my only gripe was that the...more
Theresa
Jun 30, 2013 Theresa rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Women
Recommended to Theresa by: Emma Cachamaille
An excellent book about the things that might influence weight gain (more than just too many calories in vs not enough out). Covers lots of sections like stress, insulin, thyroid etc. Really interesting, and encouraging. Thoroughly recommend to all women, even if weight loss is not something for you to worry about. Interesting tidbits about digestion and the influence of food and other facts on general health.
Leanne
This is a fantastic book, I think I learnt something from every single one of the 253 pages. It all seemed like stuff women should innately know, but don't. I'm moving straight on to Rushing Woman's Syndrome.
Kate
Really interesting - gives some great insights into low progesterone/estogen dominance that will be of interest to women struggling with infertility and miscarriage.
Annakingston
This book really helped me get my head around what could be going on in my body. Thanks Dr. Libby for explaining things so simply.
Jen Nicholson
Well written, very insightful, and actually scientific. If you can't work out your body, this is a good place to start.
Karen
Really insightful on how our bodies work. I knew it wasn't as simple as calories in and calories out - now I know why.
Joanna
I think this book has just changed my life!
Marita
An interesting, informative and useful book.
Amy B.
Life changing. Dr.Libby Weaver breaks it down!
Nadine Linklater
Awesome book - very informative!
Ruth Hapeta
Jul 16, 2014 Ruth Hapeta added it
Shelves: wellbeing
Excellent book, my workmate lost heaps of weight following what it said. She discusses the biochemistry of weight loss and all the systems of the body that need to be working in sync for weight loss to occur, including emotions. I read a library copy but I want to buy my own copy so I can actually follow her advice.
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
Erica Harrison
Erica Harrison marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Jackie
Jackie marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2014
Julia
Julia marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2014
Marie
Marie marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
Jaimie
Jaimie marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
Lisipa Katoa
Lisipa Katoa marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2014
Star Taylor
Star Taylor marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2014
Divya
Divya added it
May 10, 2014
Divya
Divya marked it as to-read
May 10, 2014
Charissa Coy
Charissa Coy is currently reading it
May 01, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Rushing Woman's Syndrome Dr Libby's Real Food Chef Dr Libby's Beauty From the Inside Out Real Food Kitchen Nurse Diddy - The Chicken Pox Party