Start by marking “Catchee Monkey” as Want to Read:
Catchee Monkey

Catchee Monkey

4.38  ·  Rating Details  ·  8 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
When Elise Collette meets the suave and sophisticated Jeff Braithwaite she falls madly in love. But slowly she discovers there are disturbing aspects to his life – small things that don’t add up. Even his friends suspect him of shady financial deals and theft. She begins to suspect he has possibly killed two of his previous girlfriends and injured another for life.
Desperat
ebook
Published April 26th 2011 by Smashwords Edition

To ask other readers questions about Catchee Monkey, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Catchee Monkey

Lesley Hayes
Jan 30, 2015 Lesley Hayes rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Malla Duncan’s novel ‘Catchee Monkey’ was an absolute joy to read. I read ‘Deep as Bone’ last year and therefore approached her latest book suspecting that I would like it at least as much – in fact I enjoyed it even more. She writes so well. Her descriptive passages are beautifully evocative of different places, bringing them into vivid Technicolor in the reader’s mind – especially when the action moves to Sri Lanka, at which point the symbolic relevance of the title becomes increasingly cleare ...more
Sylvia Valevicius
Another thriller, another winner for Malla Duncan! She offers first class fear and suspense through the twisting and turning of that plot.

The protagonist, a beautiful and smart woman, speculates and investigates until her mind confuses her and the reader (in a good way!)'Knowledge instilled a calming effect. It was speculation that sent you off your head.'

I find Ms. Duncan's work a joy to read: her writing is intelligent, clever, subtle, sophisticated, and sexy light. She takes the reader to exo
Jenny Lloyd
Last year, I read and reviewed Deep as Bone by this author and enjoyed it so much I didn’t expect Catchee Monkey to be anywhere near as good. But, Malla Duncan has done it again. This is one of those books that keeps you reading into the small hours and that you are sorry to finish. From the first page, the reader is plunged into a mystery which grows ever more dangerous and dark as the story goes on. Like the heroine, Elise, I was kept guessing right up to the end.

Elise’s only friend, Nina, an
Christoph Fischer
Aug 10, 2013 Christoph Fischer rated it it was amazing
"Catchee Monkey" was recommended to me by a friend whose literary judgement I value and I was not in the least disappointed. Being not quite the hardcore fan of thrillers I was surprised at how gripping this dark and psychologically deep story is.
The story begins with a single girl named Elise who is being stood up by her psychic/ astrologer girlfriend Nine and so by chance meets a charming man called Jeff. She falls in love despite his slightly mysterious and non-transparent nature.
Seven months
Roz
Jul 07, 2013 Roz rated it really liked it
A dark psychological thriller that has an undertone that hooks you in and doesn’t let go. I enjoyed the writing of this book as much as the unusual story. The style is smooth and competent and makes for very easy reading. When Elise discovers some unpleasant aspects to her boyfriend Jeff’s character, instead of packing and running, she decides to stick with him and prove to herself that he is still the perfect catch. Even when they go to Sri Lanka to start a small hotel, Elise is still hanging i ...more
Jeanette Hornby
Beautifully crafted. Malla Duncan has a poetic voice that captures you from the beginning. A story of intrigue and suspense with unique and colourful characters that keep you interested right to the very end. I highly recommend this novel.
Angelica
Angelica rated it it was amazing
Dec 31, 2015
Diana Febry
Diana Febry marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2015
Rachelle
Rachelle rated it it was ok
Apr 02, 2014
Sakie
Sakie marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2014
Wendy Unsworth
Wendy Unsworth marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2014
Sarah Russell
Sarah Russell marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2013
Rachelle Ayala
Rachelle Ayala is currently reading it
Jul 06, 2013
Wanda Hartzenberg
Wanda Hartzenberg marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2012
Tina Ashworth
Tina Ashworth marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2012
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2012
Evek
Evek marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2012
Malla Duncan lives in Cape Town. Armed with a degree in Psychology and Communications, she spent the bulk of her working life as a copywriter. She loves cats, elephants, vintage cars and sharp ideas. She writes across a range of genres from women's thrillers 'women-in-jeopardy' to children's fantasy, romantic adventure and humor for African children. Her thrillers focus on ordinary, flawed women i ...more
More about Malla Duncan...