Start by marking “Kiss of a Demon King (Immortals After Dark, #7)” as Want to Read:
Kiss of a Demon King (Immortals After Dark, #7)

Kiss of a Demon King (Immortals After Dark #7)

4.35 of 5 stars 4.35  ·  rating details  ·  28,255 ratings  ·  929 reviews
For centuries, Rydstrom, fallen king of the Rage Demons, has fought to seize his crown, never relenting, until he is tricked into the lair of an enchantress. Sabine the Sorceress of Illusions has long accepted her fate - to seduce a demon king. Just when they begin to fall for each other, one will be forced to make the ultimate sacrifice.
Published November 1st 2011 by Simon & Schuster (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Kiss of a Demon King, please sign up.

Tasnima I read this book first had know idea it was apart of a series but it made perfect sense to me. Usually series books are not stand alones however this…moreI read this book first had know idea it was apart of a series but it made perfect sense to me. Usually series books are not stand alones however this sort of is. I just hope all the other books in the series is like this one?(less)
Driven by K. BrombergBeautiful Bastard by Christina LaurenFueled by K. BrombergCrashed by K. BrombergBared to You by Sylvia Day
Hottest Dirty Talk!
396th out of 828 books — 2,028 voters
Secrets of the Realm by Bev StoutThe Master's Plan by Stephany TullisEdna in the Desert by Maddy LedermanThe Book of Occult by Simon W. ClarkAfter Forever Ends by Melodie Ramone
Top Reads
222nd out of 383 books — 274 voters

More lists with this book...

Mar 08, 2009 Auntee rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Paranormal Romance
I'm going to say up front that I was fully prepared not to like this one, or at least be a little disappointed because of the mixed reviews I've read. But darn it, after about page 150 (which I know, that's a long time to give a book a chance) I was totally riveted, did not want to put it down, and bought into the story hook, line and sinker! In fact, I just spent about 3 hours to finish it up, and even teared up at the end. And most of the time I had a silly smile on my face or caught myself ch ...more
Kristen (Peddler of Smut)
5 stars

Wow! Absolutely fantastic! I loved Kiss of a Demon King!

For a book I wasn't too sure about in the beginning, I ended up loving every thing about this story. The range of emotions I experienced while reading Kiss of a Demon King was surprising and enthralling, making me savor everything about this book.

I was captivated, and, frankly, mesmerized by the complex, belligerent, sinister, yet somewhat humorous relationship between the hero, Rydstrom, and the heroine, Sabine. They were imperfect
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja)
This book sparkled from the first sentence. Love the lead-in with introducing Sabine's character. I finished this book yesterday and I loved it. It was dark in a way that the others weren't quite dark. The usurped kingdom of Rothkalina has some murky happenings under the helm of Omort the Deathless. I believe this is also due in part to the fact that the heroine is supposed to be evil in this story. I wouldn't exactly call her evil. I'd call her pragmatic. She's had a rough life that taught her ...more
Sammy Loves Books
4.5 Freaking Amazing Stars!!!

Rydstrom Woede, Demon King

Rydstrom is a King without a crown. He lost his kingdom over nine hundred years ago to a very evil Sorcerer, Omort the Deathless. Rydstrom is known for his nobility. He never tells a lie and he's always in control of his emotions.

But his life is about to take a wicked turn into the twilight zone when he gets kidnapped by an evil sorcerous. She intends to chain him to a bed and use his body to produce an heir. And the wicked bitch just happe
Laura the Highland Hussy
I read this last year, but I just realized my review was like 3 sentences and pretty crappy for such an awesome book!

I love Rydstrom, and have loved him since the beginning of the Talisman's Hie.

He has been looking for centuries for his female, hoping to find a noblewoman of his kind, but never in million years did he think he'd be stuck with Sabine the Queen of Illusions.

She takes him prisoner in Cade's book, remember? Well, now we find out what she does with him. See Sabine's not on the same
Stacia (the 2010 club)

Waitress : Welcome back to the...oh, it's you again.

Me : Yeah, it's me. What's on tap tonight?

Waitress : Demon brew and lots of it. In honor of the demon king finding his queen.

Me : You got anything else? That demon brew burns like a bitch.

Waitress : Sabine requested that we keep a supply of sweet wine on hand. Our purchaser accidentally ordered 100 cases instead of the 10 he was supposed to. I suppose I could round some up for you.

Me : I guess, if there's nothing else. Can you tell me more ab
Sabine, Queen of Illusions, has one main goal in life – to survive. After dying over a dozen times before being brought back to life by her sister Lanthe, who can blame a girl? Sabine and Lanthe are Sorceri who have mystickal powers but share the unfortunate distinction of being half-sisters to Omort the Deathless, the evil king of Rothkalina. Centuries ago, an oracle foretold to Omort that Sabine was the mate of Rydstrom, the demon king Omort stole Rothkalina from, and the child they would bear ...more
◊♦ Naomi
I really want to keep reading this series but I can't. See, I have to read this one and I DON'T WANT TO. I am scared. I know I won't like Sabine. That's depressing. But I want to at the same time because I love Rydstrom and I love Kresley's writing. So, dilemma, what to do, what to do, what to do.
I've finally read this baby and it was amazing!!!! Seriously, so much better than I expected. Surprisingly, I loved Sabine, I was prepared to hate her (she seemed like such an evil bitch in the previo
Jessica Hatfield
 photo Much_better_zpsfa81fec1.gif

I didn't think I was going to like this one that much because I thought the last one was just meh, but I really liked this one. Sabine was a little rough around the edges for about half of the book but she had good qualities too and she was also a fighter and braver for all the things that happened in her life. She was a darker character but not evil.

“Sabine gave a Scoff. "I could be virtuous, if I wanted to
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
I'll start by saying that while I really liked Rydstrom, Sabine made this book for me. I loved her. She was hilarious and witty and I loved her attitude. Her zingers were some of the best that Kresley Cole has delivered to date. She was definitely a bad sorceress but she wasn't an evil one. She was just looking out for numero uno and woe to anyone else standing in her way. I loved her sister too, and am breathlessly waiting for the moment when she has her own story.

Rydstrom was so deliciously s
Carmel (Rabid Reads)
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads.

The arch nemesis match-up was a cool idea, and I liked that Kresley Cole jumped straight away into Rydstrom’s story after Cadeon’s because Woede’s about-face towards the end of book 6 left me dying to know the cause. This installment was probably one of the hottest thus far, but that actually worked against KISS OF A DEMON KING; the couple felt as though they were an island unto themselves instead of part of the Lore, and the quest for the crown was downgraded to a minor
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
4 Illusionary stars

“Illusion is Reality's coy lover who cheers him when he is grim. Illusion is cunning to his wisdom of ages, weet oblivion to his knowledge. A bounty to his lack.

This book's best feature is Sabine by far. I love that Kresley Cole creates characters that, though they're not all bad at heart(mostly), still have some wickedness and are unapologetic about it. Sabine is one of these characters, she is shelfish, arrogant and ruthless. I absolutely love her.

"She may be an evil bit
I really ended up liking this in the end, as well as Sabine who I hated when I started this book. Happily, everything turned great after the middle, but still, I felt like those first 200 pages were a bit too much and to slow. Who wants 200 pages of foreplay after all?

I didn't like this book as much as Cade's -which I upgraded to 5 stars after reading this- and to be honest, I expected more from Rydstrom. He was the one who stood out since Bowen's book, the serious, brooding, tormented but stoi
**3.5 stars**

I didn't like this one as much as the previous book but I enjoyed it nevertheless. The narration was awesome as usual.

I hoped that we would have a different sort of hero as Rydstrom was supposed to be cool and logical but all that fell down the wayside when he got captured by Sabine. Not that I blamed him but I wished the story had progressed a bit differently.

Sabine seemed really horrible at the beginning but you sort of warm up to her by the end. I really liked how things were res
Enjoyed this continuation in the Immortals After Dark saga. There was a lot of action, suspense, betrayal, revenge, plotting and scheming, and sexual tension packed into this 417 page book. The usual humor was good and though Nix and Regin were only in this book briefly--toward the end--they had me laughing.

Kiss of the Demon King takes place at the exact same time as Dark Desires After Dusk. They come together at one point and show a conversation between the two brothers, but from the others pe
2 Stars??? I know!!! My friends are going to think I've lost my mind but I just didn't like it that much. I don't think I've ever given Cole less than 4 Stars so I do feel kind of guilty for dishing out the 2. The main reason I didn't like "Kiss of The Demon King" was the first half of the book was the same thing over and over and over (tie him up...tease him...tie him up...tease to my sister...tie him up...tease to my sister...)Blah! I love this author, but this book was a ...more

My least favourite book, but still another solid instalment in this wonderful, erotic and edgy series. I was hoping for like the read of all reads for Rydstrom book, but I wasn’t overly impressed maybe I just expected too much for him because of the build-up and all the things involving him throughout the series.

THE RUNDOWN- Rydstrom is a king who lost his kingdom and is fighting hell and high-water to get it back. Problem, the person living in his castle and terrori
♡Karlyn P♡
Another great addition to the series!! Great characters, action, humor, burning sexual chemistry and a smart plot. What a fun read! The series is like crack, and I am so addicted. If you haven't read any of them I would start at the beginning just to experience the great world building that goes on, but at least read the book 6 before this one as that is where this story really begins.
Barbara ★
January 2009
I really liked the other books in this series but just couldn't get into this one. The heroine is beyond boring and I just didn't give a rat's ass how it was going to end. I think I made it to page 100 before I gave up on it. Hopefully the next in the series will return to the previous writing style and be worth the $7.99 price.

11/23/11 UPDATE:
I picked this book up again because of a challenge that requested I give an author/book a second chance and this is the only one (since it's a
This latest and much anticipated book in the IAD gets just a weak 4 star rating for me (5 if we count only the eye-candy cover ;D ). Something is off and it’s hard to say exactly what that is.

The story happens at the same time as the previous one, 'Dark Desires after Dusk', only it’s Rhydstrom’s story. There’s lots of action, the story flows and the steam is kettle whistling hot, but it seemed as if Cole tried too hard to be funny and those sex scenes that she’s usually really good at writing w
Oh Rydstrom!
This seventh book in the Immortal After Dark series was another engaging read. This time we get to see Rydstrom (*sigh*) finding love.
Rydstrom, fallen demon king of Rothkalina, is known throughout the Lore as an honorable, levelheaded rage demon. The only one to get him worked up is his brother Cadeon, other than that Rydstrom seems calm… on the outside.
However, Rydstrom is on edge lately. He wants his female, has waited for centuries for his fated one. But he has always put winnin
Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog)
You know that saying that still waters run deep? Well this book is what happens when those still waters are installed into a sexy demon king and then a hand grenade aka Sabine Queen of Illsions is thrown in them! Needless to say the results are explosive!

Rydstrom is hands down the sexiest demon EVER, and I loved his book, I know this is quite a few peoples least favourite, but they must all be crazy. The sexual tension, the sexy Rydstrom, the action, the hot as hell Rydstrom, a smart ass heroine
Shannon (Giraffe Days)
Kresley Cole never disappoints me. In the previous book, Dark Desires After Dusk, we saw Rydstrom Woede, rage demon and displaced king of Rothkalina, being taken prisoner by Sabine, Queen of Illusions - and later we saw the freed Rydstrom at his home in Louisiana with Sabine manacled to his bed. So what happened? Here is their story, and it's a doozie. I love how Cole interweaves her plotlines so you get somewhat the same story but from different perspectives, different characters, and still the ...more
Peep (Pop! Pop!)
I was really disappointed in this one. For the first time in a long time I found myself skimming (and at times skipping) pages in a book.

As I did with the Gena Showalter book, I have a hard time dealing with childish immortals (haha, never thought I'd say that sentence out loud. Ever.). I did not like Sabine. I have a hard time liking characters like her. Plus, she didn't want me to like her anyway. Mission accomplished. She lied, she stole, she was self centered, a *virgin* seductress (rolls ey
Greta is Erikasbuddy
My hubz asked me the other day:

Hubz: Do you read sexy books just because they're sexy?
Me: Ummm... NO!! I read them just like I read Playboy... strictly for the articles.

Ok ok... I must admit... THe sexy times are most fun. Especially when you have a strapping highland werewolf, a hulking exotic demon, and even a vampy or two that could make your toes curl.

I mean, what's not to love?

I do love love love the storylines. They're really original and have turned me on (hardy har har) to the m
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Quick review:

Cover: Okay
Rating: NC-17
Steaminess: Scorching
Thumbs Up: 2.5
Overall: Very Disappointed
Characters: Well Done
Plot: Finding love in all the wrong places
Page Turner: Umm
Series Cont.? Probably
Recommend: Umm
Book Boyfriend: Rydstrom

SUMMARY (60 words or less)
This was almost a DNF (did not finish) for me. The storyline is one I don’t agree with and didn’t think it was necessary. Some books cross my moral line, but they are so necessary to the overall arc of a series that I can get pas
LOVED Kresley Cole's newest edition to her Immortals After Dark Series. I knew I was going to enjoy Rydstrom's story though while I was reading Cadeon's.

Rydstrom and Sabine were perfect for eachother. Sabine is the "evil" sorceress that kidnapped him in the beginning of Cadeon's book. Even though she frustrated me a little in the beginning of this book I grew to love her! And what's not to love about Rydstrom!? Can I have one?! ;-)

I have to say, there was something that was sa
Heather Blair
Omg, this was fantastic!! Rydstrom & Sabine are my fave couple so far in this series. Love love LOVE them both.

Oh Rydstrom, you are so freaking awesome!

4 stars.

Rydstrom has appeared in a number of books in this series. He is the 1,500 year old Demon King who lost his throne, and has spent the last 900 years fighting to reclaim it. Rydstrom is noble, brave and good, but there’s always been something a little bit dark about him, and I have been so excited to get to his story.

This book takes place during the same timeframe as the
Immortals After Dark: Kiss of a Demon King (Book #7) 118 241 Nov 23, 2015 05:41PM
League of Lusty L...: Book 6: Kiss of a Demon King - 29 May - 06 June 41 25 Jul 05, 2014 08:43PM
Immortals After Dark: Kiss of a Demon King (Book #7) 5 34 Oct 05, 2013 10:29PM
  • Playing Easy to Get
  • Lethal Rider (Lords of Deliverance, #3; Demonica, #8)
  • The Darkest Whisper (Lords of the Underworld, #4)
  • Noah (Nightwalkers, #5)
  • Kiss of Snow (Psy-Changeling, #10)
  • Taken by Midnight (Midnight Breed, #8)
Kresley Cole is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of the electrifying Immortals After Dark paranormal series, the young adult Arcana Chronicles series, the erotic Gamemakers series, and five award-winning historical romances.

A master’s grad and former athlete, she has traveled over much of the world and draws from those experiences to create her memorable characters and settings.
Her IAD bo
More about Kresley Cole...

Immortals After Dark (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • The Warlord Wants Forever (Immortals After Dark, #1)
  • A Hunger Like No Other (Immortals After Dark, #2)
  • No Rest for the Wicked (Immortals After Dark, #3)
  • Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night (Immortals After Dark, #4)
  • Dark Needs at Night's Edge (Immortals After Dark, #5)
  • Dark Desires After Dusk (Immortals After Dark, #6)
  • Untouchable (Immortals After Dark, #8)
  • Deep Kiss Of Winter (Includes: Immortals After Dark, #8; Alien Huntress, #4.5)
  • Pleasure of a Dark Prince (Immortals After Dark, #9)
  • Demon from the Dark (Immortals After Dark, #10)

“You leave me tied up like a dog? Then you had better remember that this bitch bites!” 384 likes