Start by marking “All Together Singing in the Kitchen: Creative Ways to Make and Listen to Music as a Family” as Want to Read:

4.22  ·  Rating Details  ·  23 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Music is not only fun, but it's also the foolproof way to family harmony and connection—it can soothe a crying baby, engage an active toddler, entertain during long car rides, and help everyone get through daily chores.

In All Together Singing in the Kitchen you'll find all the tools you need for family music making—you don't need to know a thing about music to get star
Published September 13th 2011 by Roost Books

To ask other readers questions about All Together Singing in the Kitchen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All Together Singing in the Kitchen

Susan Schuler
Sep 04, 2014 Susan Schuler rated it it was amazing
I reread this book every year when I start to prep my baby and toddler programs. it has really helped me to become more musical. I highly recommend it
Natalie Moreland
Dec 30, 2013 Natalie Moreland rated it it was amazing
Five stars for the book- it is attractive, user-friendly, and encouraging to people of all musical and non-musical backgrounds to make music with their children. The included CD was not as good of quality as I had expected, but I'm not entirely certain that wasn't sort of on purpose- the idea being that they didn't want to make it too perfect since the main point of their book was that anyone can make music with their family.
The Library Lady
Feb 16, 2012 The Library Lady rated it liked it
Shelves: professional-use
This has some pretty good stuff in it and could be really useful. And since I drag MY kids into my work a lot, this may be the pot calling the kettle black. But:

There is too much here about the Nields kids, in particular about how musically advanced and talented they all are to the point of making me feel guilty that my kids don't play musical instruments!

If it does that to me, who pretty much sings for a living and has confidence in sharing music with kids, how is it going to affect less confi
Heaether
Sep 13, 2011 Heaether rated it really liked it
This book is an amazingly resourceful tool to use with your own children and or for use in baby/toddler story times. From singing, to incorporating musical instruments in to play, and games for many ages this book offers a lot of fun ideas for playing with children. It includes a multitude of songs to be sung a loud as well as games and movements to accompany them. This will be a must buy for our library, and I cannot wait to check it out to take home.
Mommyhungry
Jan 26, 2013 Mommyhungry rated it liked it
Shelves: reference
While the emphasis of this book is best applied to younger children, I liked the idea of a family song canon, the section on practicing an instrument, and the general encouragement directed at parents who might not consider themselves musical. Still, I wish I'd read this 5+ years ago, when my kids were preschoolers; they just aren't as interested in making paper instruments and singing "Grand Ole Duke of York" as they once were.
Rach
Feb 16, 2013 Rach rated it really liked it
Shelves:
I haven't read the book yet, so this rating is just for the CD.
My two almost three year old loves it - she practically inhales the stereo getting up close so she can listen intently. The songs are folksy - some old trad Irish ones as well (I'm Irish) - some familiar, some not. I'd recommend it for the CD.
The intro to the book was a bit hokey - will update review once I've read it.
Aug 23, 2013 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Shelves: parenting
Didn't get enough time to delve into this book . . . so I think I'll just have to buy.
Love the idea of a family canon and ideas at the end of the book for celebrating the seasons & holidays with music.
Cool.
Tessa
Tessa rated it really liked it
Apr 10, 2016
Jen
Jen rated it really liked it
Apr 09, 2016
Carrie Hill
Carrie Hill rated it liked it
Dec 29, 2015
Aldene
Aldene rated it really liked it
Dec 21, 2015
Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Dec 18, 2015
kati
kati rated it really liked it
Mar 07, 2016
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2015
Penny Bar
Penny Bar is currently reading it
May 26, 2015
Kourtney
Kourtney marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2014
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2014
Tori
Tori marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2014
Lacey Good
Lacey Good marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2014
Candina
Candina rated it it was amazing
Jun 06, 2014
Lynne
Lynne added it
Mar 13, 2016
Susan
Susan rated it really liked it
Apr 01, 2014
Jonathan
Jonathan marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2014
Crystal R
Crystal R rated it really liked it
Sep 02, 2013
Roost Books
Roost Books rated it it was amazing
Feb 14, 2013
Ben
Ben rated it it was amazing
Feb 05, 2013