Start by marking “Frog and Friends” as Want to Read:
Frog and Friends

Frog and Friends (Frog and Friends #1)

Welcome to Frog and his world. He enjoys nothing better than spending time floating in his pond or visiting with his friends. He appreciates the simpler things in life and would prefer that things stay just the way they are--nice and peaceful.

Published July 22nd 2011 by Sleeping Bear Press

To ask other readers questions about Frog and Friends, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Frog and Friends

Katie Fitzgerald

This collection of three stories by Eve Bunting tells of the adventures of a frog and his friends, all of whom live near one another in a woodland community.

The first story, chapter one of the book, is entitled "Frog Goes Up, Up, Up." There is a THING floating in the pond, but neither Frog nor any of his friends can name what it is. Though the reader quickly catches onto the fact that it's a balloon with the help of humorous cues in the illustrations, the animals never figure it out. Instead, th
Mary Ann
Mar 25, 2012 Mary Ann rated it really liked it
This lovely series is designed for newly independent readers who are ready for short chapter books, much like the classic Little Bear books and Frog and Toad books.

Frog and his forest friends will bring a smile to your face as they explore their world, stumble across strange discoveries and figure out how to solve problems. With three short, independent chapters, Bunting and Masse have created a group of friends that feel at once familiar and fresh.

Each story has just the right amount of twist o
Leah
This a collection of three short story staring frog and his other woodland friends. He goes on many adventures with these friends. This story works on helping new readers read on their own. The stories are simple and the vocabulary is fairly basic. The pictures are bright and colorful.

Recommended age 5-7
Reading Level 1st -2nd grade
Feb 26, 2013 Karen rated it did not like it
I am almost speechless....on page 11 the animals decide to have a funeral for the "thing" they killed! This book is recommended for grades 1 and 2. And we wonder where childhood has gone? Ask a author where? I am concerned for the remainder of the series. This is one book a parent/caregiver must read first before sharing.
The Styling Librarian
Frog and Friends by Eve Bunting, illustrated by Josee Masse- Hilarious cute little book with animals misunderstanding objects and working hard to be friendly with one another. Precious early reader book for a K-2nd grader. Highly recommend. (I love reading all of Eve Bunting books!- There are already three books out!
Tatiana
Jul 09, 2011 Tatiana rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Tatiana by: Eve Bunting
An early reader book by the talented Eve Bunting. A simple and humorous tale of animal friends that hang out at the pond and forest. My favorite story is when Hippo visits Frog, and intrudes upon his solitude and pond, making Frog panic about his personal space. Recommended for ages four and up.
Aimee
Nov 18, 2011 Aimee rated it it was amazing
I know I am going to ruffle some feathers when I say this, but: I think these stories are even better than the classic Frog and Toad stories. Funny, sweet, clever, and perfect perfect for emergent readers.
Dona
Jan 19, 2012 Dona rated it really liked it
Recommended to Dona by: Lauren Tolman
Shelves: picture
Frog and Friends is a charming book. I enjoyed it immensely. Frog is endearing as he romps through the pages of this beginning-beginning chapter book that made us laugh out loud! My friend Lauren is correct, this book is a great pick for this years Geisel award!
Mti Librarian
Three short stories about Frog, who lives in a pond and has other animals as friends.
"Sometimes you have to run away to see what the world is like,' Frog said. 'But sometimes you are happy to go home."
For beginning readers.
Kate Hastings
Aug 09, 2016 Kate Hastings rated it really liked it
Shelves: early-readers
Grades K-2. RL 290. Three short stories: a "perfect" scarf that is passed around, a mysterious egg and a huge hippo who finds a new home. Nice set of short stories will be enjoyed by beginning readers.
Naomi
Jul 25, 2016 Naomi rated it liked it
Cute read. Illustrations were cute, but I felt the story line fell flat, even for a kid's book. It felt sort of rushed even for a kid's book. Plus, I couldn't figure out why they went from the lucky rainbow to him getting caught by a fisherman.
Jenny
May 18, 2014 Jenny rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-to-the-kids
My daughter (5) liked this book. It has three separate stories with the same characters. There were some simple words she could read and the illustrations were cute.
Alyson (Kid Lit Frenzy)
Cute series of stories about Frog and his Friends. I really liked the story about the blue scarf.
Aug 02, 2016 Karen rated it liked it
This book is OK. The stories were mostly good. I especially liked the one about the Starman. But the illustrations felt amateurish.
Janaki Kuruppu
Dec 15, 2015 Janaki Kuruppu rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My 7-yr old lived it

Three short stories. Nice pictures. My son says it was sad when the balloon popped. Good for young kids. And early readers.
Sandy Brehl
Appealing pictures, interesting simple plots with nice word repetition and twists, entertaining and original but manageable with picture support.
Judy Desetti
Jan 04, 2012 Judy Desetti rated it really liked it
I liked this one for a beginner read selection. AR reading level at 2.2.

There are a few large unique words used but kids will enjoy this selection. Adding to MPHM collection.

Lisa Fabiano
Apr 24, 2012 Lisa Fabiano rated it really liked it
Frog and his woodland friends enjoy three adventures involving a round orange thing, a blue scarf and a hippopotamus. Sweet friendship tales that are great read alouds.
Malissa

The stories in this book were so cute and well thought out. Can't wait to read more stories about Frog and his friends!
Martha
Martha rated it really liked it
Aug 25, 2016
Kristi
Kristi rated it really liked it
Oct 29, 2012
Karen rated it liked it
Nov 22, 2011
Pam
Pam rated it liked it
Aug 12, 2015
Hendrik Dolan
Hendrik Dolan rated it it was amazing
Nov 02, 2013
Amanda Hamilton
Amanda Hamilton rated it liked it
Dec 31, 2011
Inara
Inara rated it really liked it
Jul 06, 2015
Jaime
Jaime rated it it was amazing
Oct 15, 2013
Nicole
Nicole rated it did not like it
Jun 27, 2015
Monika
Monika rated it really liked it
Oct 03, 2012
Jmgrey
Jmgrey rated it liked it
May 02, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
19126
Also known as Evelyn Bolton and A.E. Bunting.

Anne Evelyn Bunting, better known as Eve Bunting, is an author with more than 250 books. Her books are diverse in age groups, from picture books to chapter books, and topic, ranging from Thanksgiving to riots in Los Angeles. Eve Bunting has won several awards for her works.

Bunting went to school in Ireland and grew up with storytelling. In Ireland, “The
More about Eve Bunting...

Frog and Friends (7 books)
  • Frog and Friends: Party at the Pond
  • Frog and Friends: Best Summer Ever
  • Frog's Flying Adventure (Frog and Friends, #4)
  • Outdoor Surprises (Frog and Friends, #5)
  • Frog Saves the Day (Frog and Friends, #6)
  • Frog and Friends Celebrate Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's Eve (Frog and Friends)