Start by marking “A Week to Be Wicked (Spindle Cove, #2)” as Want to Read:
A Week to Be Wicked (Spindle Cove, #2)

A Week to Be Wicked (Spindle Cove #2)

4.13  ·  Rating Details  ·  13,825 Ratings  ·  1,157 Reviews
When a devilish lord and a bluestocking set off on the road to ruin... time is not on their side.

Minerva Highwood, one of Spindle Cove's confirmed spinsters, needs to be in Scotland.

Colin Sandhurst, Lord Payne, a rake of the first order, needs to be... anywhere but Spindle Cove.

These unlikely partners have one week to
• fake an elopement
• convince family and friends they
Mass Market Paperback, 356 pages
Published March 27th 2012 by Avon

Catherine
*Originally read 3/24/12*

Do you remember Colin from my Tempting Teaser of A Night to Surrender? No? Well, let me refresh your memory. Colin is an unrepentant rake. He enjoys women and they enjoy him. He is arrogant and can come across as quite an ass. But what does he care? The women love him just as he loves them. He might have a tendency to make a mess of things but he always manages to put on a charming smile and turn the situation to his advantage.
”You have no compunction ruining your repu
Shawna
Aug 20, 2014 Shawna rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of witty, steamy historical romance w/rogue hero & plain jane, bluestocking heroine
Shelves: cop-bodyguard-govop-merc-military, favorites, yowza-hotness, i-read-own-faves-keepers, historical-romance, made-me-cry, hero-im-gaga-over, heroine-i-adore, hero-beta, hero-abused-scarred-tortured-angst, hero-cad-rake-rogue‎-scoundrel, hero-bad-boy-playboy-player, best-top-favorites, favorite-romance-series, hero-i-wanna-marry, friends-to-lovers, why-do-good-girls-like-bad-boys, humorous-at-times-or-fluffy-fun, heroine-naïve-virgin-like-a-virgin, author-tessa-dare, favorite-romance-couple-hh-pairings, historical-romance-regency, brothers-sisters-cousins-family, heroine-kickass-spirited-strong, enemies-to-lovers-opposites-attract, heroine-odd-spinster-wallflower, hero-expert-skilled-voracious-lover, rt-book-reviews-top-pick, archaeology-antiquities-scholar, sweet-romance-left-smile-on-my-face, dirty-talk-turns-me-on, heroine-bluestocking-unconventional, hero-gambler, hh-blind-eyesight-impaired, hh-disfigured-injured-scarred-ill, heroine-plain-jane-uglyducklingswan, favorite-hottest-love-scenes-nookie, beauty-is-in-the-eye-of-beholder, hero-attractive-handsome-heartthrob, hero-gentleman, hh-aristocracy-nobility-royalty, action-adventure-treasure-hunting, i-read-kindle, kindle, 5-stars-plus, steam-3-hot, hh-post-traumatic-stress-disorder, heroine-prim-proper-decorous, fake-faux-betrothal-engagement, hero-brooding, hh-love-commitment-marriage-phobic, love-letters-diary-correspondence, hero-fortune-hunter-needs-money, feel-good-read-pick-me-upper, hero-too-yummy-perfect-to-be-true, hero-besotted-so-smitten-its-sexy, best-wittiest-banter-dialogue, best-endings-epilogues, hero-fake-rake-assumed-player, hh-smart-intellectual-brainy-geek, hero-titled-wealthy-lord, heroine-ridiculed-unpopular-teased, hero-nice-guy-gets-the-girl, hero-black-sheep, best-snarkasm-humor, hero-authentic-uber-rake, heroine-miss-independent, a-all-time-favorite-heroine, a-all-time-favorite-hero, tearjerker-tugs-at-heartstrings, heartwarming, hh-resist-cause-im-no-good-for-you, a-all-time-best-top-fave-dik-reads, 2012-reads, best-fave-reads-of-2012, heroine-free-spirit-quirky, hero-reformed-rake-player, heroine-plucky-lively-feisty-spunky, hero-flirt-charmer-ladies-man, heroine-good-girl-nice, heroine-good-girl-tempted-gone-wild, hero-bedroom-bad-boy, a-all-time-best-top-50-fave-dik, hh-bespectacled, hero-affable-lovable-rogue, hh-phobia-disorder, hr-regency-napoleonic-era-wars, fake-pretend-dating-relationship, hh-banter-bicker-sparring-foreplay
5+ stars – Historical/Regency Romance

Wow! What can I possibly say about this one to convey how absolutely wonderful it is? Talk about a charming, wickedly splendid read and a smashing good time! A Week to Be Wicked is one of the most engaging, refreshing, witty, banterific, and all around pleasing historical romances that I’ve read in quite a while and definitely so far this year.

Colin is a handsome, flirtatious, affable, generous, funny, sweet, and utterly lovable scoundrel whose tormented pa
Alp
May 14, 2016 Alp rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Alp by: Joanita
A Week to Be Wicked is a sweet, humorous, and entertaining historical romance story. I enjoyed reading Colin and Minerva’s journey to Edinburgh for the most part. There were many good and bad things happened along the way. Sometimes they made me laugh, but they caused me frustration the other times. The romance between them made my heart melt though, and seeing them finally could be happy together made me happy, too.

What worked for me :

1. It was an easy read. There was nothing particularly compl
Jul 11, 2016 Jennifer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jennifer by: Susanne
5 “FOR-THE-LOVE-OF-TITS” STARS!!!!!!!!

I’m in love with this book!!!

photo tumblr_mje1sjIlMV1rkf2rso1_400_zps94ebb888.gif

I’m giggling like...a nerd!!!

Nerd Words Are Sexy!!!

And the way you pronounce all those polysyllabic words? Makes me rock hard, every time.

This book was MADE…FOR…ME. I’m a huge nerd, ladies. I’m obsessed with books (duh). I love math. I loved school and still love learning.

This book starts on page 1 and doesn’t stop until the last word. This story is full of adventure and imagination. It’s sexy, hilarious, and fast-paced. Ther
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

5 Wickedly Feel Good Stars!

A Week to be Wicked is the second book in Tessa Dare’s thoroughly entertaining, completely brilliant Spindle Cove series. It’s funny, romantic, poignant, passionate, sexy, inspiring, clever, delightful… in a word – it’s wonderful!

The Series:

Not all young ladies are looking forward to seasons, balls, comings out, love matches - or any match at all, for that matter! But what’s a lady to do when her whole life will be defined by how well she marries? How do young misses c
Aileene
So.

*wipes palms on skirts*

*rubs hands together*

So.
I have been curious about this genre. But I avoided it.
Why?
Well, just take a look at the covers of every historical romance books.
Not. Very. Appealing.
Yes, I'm not afraid to admit, that at times, I can be skin deep in choosing my books. I love a good cover. Esp if it catches my attention at first glance.

I also have this thinking that everything about this (genre) would be outdated. It's something similar to these:

Would you rather play this

whe
Jill
Mar 31, 2012 Jill rated it really liked it

For amateur geologist Minerva Highwood, her passion for science is equaled only by her love for her sisters. Fearing that Colin Sandhurst, Lord Payne that lazy, aimless, dim-witted rake might have designs on her beautiful, sweet sister, Minerva proposes a plan to Colin whereby both of them will end up winners. And her sister will be safe from the clutches of an arranged Society marriage.

If Colin escorts her to Edinburgh, Scotland and helps with her presentation to the Royal Geological S
Susanne
Updated review after reread! Thanks Karen and Jennifer for reading it with me <3 <3

"A geology symposium." He flicked a glance at the journal. "This is the scandalous midnight proposal. The one you trudged through the cold, wet dark to make. You're inviting me to a geology symposium, if I leave your sister alone."

And so it starts, one of the sweetest romance of this year. Colin and Minerva is absolutely banterlicious!

"I think you've more than made up for lost time now. In fact, I'm certain
Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ (of badger and SNAKE)
Apr 06, 2016 Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ (of badger and SNAKE) rated it really liked it
Recommended to Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ (of badger and SNAKE) by: Fable

"When a girl trudged through the rain at midnight to knock at the Devil's door, the Devil should at least have the depravity - if not the decency - to answer."

Guys. Guuuuuys. I think I may be a romantic.

Yes there are parts completely unbelievable and twists rather roll-eyes worthy - of course. But you know what? That's okay, because what Min and Colin are offering us? That's a tale - a show of deception, the triumph of the lies - and that's hilarious.

Yes the plot is predictable and we run int
Ingela
Written February 14, 2015

4.8 Stars - All My Love: giggling fun, sweet touching, adventurous and narrated in the very best way

I used my monthly Audible audiobook coupon for this high raited historical a while ago. ...And it was so well worth every coin. ~ Eleven hours narrated by Carolyn Morris in a simply fantastic way. It's no time for any review writing today so I will do this very short. (LoL!! ...you know me.)
 photo image.jpg1_zpsyygzc2zf.jpg
Fantastic Funny, Romantic, Memorable, Adorable MC's, Great Narrator, The Best...

I
Robin (Bridge Four)
I liked this, it was cute it had some really funny moments, some great sexual tension at times and all and all it was fun. It did drag a bit towards the end and that is why I’m only giving it 3.5 stars instead of 4.0 to 4.5 I was really getting a little bored towards the end.

Minerva’s head is always stuck in a book, she practically lives in them. Her mother believes that there is no hope for Minerva. Queue the opening scene to Beauty and the Beast.
 photo ClickHandlerashx_zps5fbcc86a.gif

Diana and Charlotte will do well for themselve
Duchess Nicole
FIVE stars! Intense, funny, sensual, passionate, and flat out wonderful!! I can't get this book out of my head.

It's taken me a bit to write this review. I just couldn't come up with what I wanted to say. Often, if I hear that a book is funny, that's all it is in my little head. A funny book. This book was funny, but SO MUCH MORE! It's as if the humor just added to the intimacy between Minerva and Lord Payne...they built their relationship on mutual snarkiness and slow growing affection. They act
Anna Casanovas
Apr 12, 2016 Anna Casanovas rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Un libro precioso, espectacular. Me lo habían recomendado después de que dijera por aquí que había leído el primero de la serie (Una noche nada más) y tenían toda la razón. A modo de inciso diré que las novelas pueden leerse de manera independiente pero a mí me ha parecido bonito leerlas en orden.
La relación entre Colin y Minerva es preciosa, muy romántica y divertida. Los diálogos son geniales (el tema del nombre de ella, el miedo de él, Francine) y ellos dos son personajes muy sólidos, de esos
KatLynne
I can't believe I've had this book loaded on my Kindle for months, and I'm just now reading it! A Week To Be Wicked is the second installment in Tessa Dare’s Spindle Cove series and it’s such a deliciously fun read!

Minerva Highwood is considered by many to be the most unlikely girl to find love and marriage. Even her own mother constantly berates her and continually chisels away at her self esteem with her harsh remarks. You see, Minerva is different. She’s a scientist; a geologist who spends h
Emma Chase
Oct 06, 2015 Emma Chase rated it it was amazing
Loved this book!! It has everything I adore in a historical romance - witty dialogue, spirited, layered characters, sexy, sweet, meaningful love scenes!! Fabulous from page 1 until the end!!
Future-Jess ✮ The Book Eating Dinosaur ✮
May 24, 2016 Future-Jess ✮ The Book Eating Dinosaur ✮ rated it really liked it
Recommended to Future-Jess ✮ The Book Eating Dinosaur ✮ by: Joanita
Dear Colin,

GET IN THE MAN-DUNGEON.

Get in there right now. And don't you come out. You keep those shackles on!

I think it's safe to say that Colin was my favorite part of this book. He's cheeky. He's broken. He's a scoundrel. He's a flirt and a tease. And an incredible liar - some of the tales he spun were truly inspired. But what I liked the most about him was the way he helped Min to overcome her shyness. His dialogue was positively swoon worthy.

Minerva was awesome too! She is a smart, independ
Cee (The Mistress Case)
Second Read: April 29, 2016

*swoon, swoon, and swoon*

"At least Sir Alisdair would remember my name."

"Perhaps." He closed the distance between them, standing no near his chest grazed her breasts. "But could he kiss so hard, you forget it?"

First Read: Feb 15, 2015

[Part 1] *will be spoiley*

There will come a moment in your life when a book is too scandalous for you to form intelligent words. Instead, mute screams will come forth from your mouth and depict you as a gaping fish.

It appears A Week to B
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
*Audiobook edition*

Tessa Dare, I needed this today.

After a string of mediocre/terrible books, this was like a beacon of light in the darkness.

After years of reading romance, this book, and the one before it (A Night to Surrender), might just have converted me to a die-hard historical romance fan. Honestly, this book was pretty much perfection.

I need to stop and give a HUGE shout out to Carolyn Morris, one of the most skilled female narrators around. She was spot on, and I mean FLAWLESS, in he
Joanita
“Yes,” he whispered in her ear. “I will push you, pull you, rattle you as I see fit. Because you’ve a sparkling wit lurking beneath that dull exterior. Because you can sing, but you don’t. Because you’ve a fiery passion inside you, and it needs release. Because you can keep walking. You just need someone to push you over that next horizon.”

An absolutely delightful, hilarious, sexy and romantic book!!

Minerva is seen as unusual. She loves studying rocks, and lots of times, whether she is sit

Amy (Foxy)
***4.75 Nerdy Girls Rule stars***

Minerva is a nerdy girl. She loves reading and science. She's the middle sister and her mom has given up hope of her ever landing a husband.

Colin is a shameless rake. He's riding out his time before he can access his money.

Minerva comes up with a plan that will benefit both of them. Her plan will take them on a week long trip. Along the way they encounter many obstacles.
THEY -
act like Bonnie & Clyde
stay in a place like the Playboy Mansion
work like they ar
Jamie

Loved this 2nd installment in this series! Did I love it as much as the first? Almost.. but I still loved it. When I first developed my love for reading in my pre-teens.. it was the Sweet Valley High books that sparked my obsession with books.. then by my late teens I had graduated to the historical romance genre and by my mid- 20's I had moved on to contemporary. From there I dove head first into taboo, bdsm, erotica, romantic suspense, Ya, NA.. seemingly leaving my love of historicals behind.
♥Rachel♥
Sep 21, 2015 ♥Rachel♥ rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

This was fun and it made me think "road trip" although maybe "coach trip" would be a more apt description seeing as this is a historical romance, lol.

Colin and Minerva were an unlikely couple. He's the handsome, entitled rake able to charm the pants (or skirts in this case) off any woman except for Minerva who despises his arrogance. Minerva is not the average girl of the time, looking for a man to marry, she's more interested in science and geology, but somehow Colin gets under her sk
Dina
Once again, Ms. Dare gave me my first 5-star read of the year. Loved this!
Lisa
Mar 08, 2012 Lisa rated it it was amazing
When Colin Sandhurst, Lord Payne, is forced to answer his door one rainy night he does not expect the proper Minerva Highwood to be there. When the decidedly quiet, bookish Minerva then asks for his assistance to travel to Scotland...to attend a gathering about rocks no less...he is a bit stunned. After all, Minerva and himself do not exactly see eye to eye on any matters. So he decides to thrown in a few conditions that will be sure to scare her off but when they don't, Colin finds himself help ...more
Kelly22
5.00+ Stars - Historical/Regency Romance!

An outstanding historical read! Definitely one of the shining stars of 2012 so far!
Though part of a series, this one can certainly be read as a stand-alone.

I loved the mischievous banter between the two leads, the absurd funny stories that Colin sprouted shamelessly, the undeniable passion between them and the ending! I loved the ending :)

Photobucket

It was mostly a moving plot. The story was character-driven. The events kept moving from settings to settings, depict
Bree
Aug 22, 2016 Bree is currently reading it
Destination- Edinburgh, Scotland.

Lord Payne- "Infamous rake of the first order." :)

Minerva Highwood- Geologist, bookworm, high-spirited.
Carol *Young at Heart Oldie*
This book is all sorts of amazing!! AN ABSOLUTE MUST READ!!!!

Thank you Tessa Dare for writing such a truly wonderful book and creating such an unforgettable couple in Colin and Minerva! You made me laugh; you made me cry; you made me blush; you made me sigh.

Mei
Sep 24, 2014 Mei rated it it was amazing
Shelves: historical
This book is simply said W-O-N-D-E-R-F-U-L!!!!!

I enjoyed everything! There was not a tiny, teeny, single things I didn't like!

It is wonderfully witty! It is occasionally hilarious! It is hot! It is simply EXCELLENT!!!

I loved, loved Minerva! She's one of the most fantastic heroines! She's intelligent, compassionate, sweet (withhout being saccharine), real, honest, no-nonsense... I don't have enough words to describe how awesome she was!

And Colin? What a wonderful hero! He's perfect for Minerva ju
Sher❤ The Fabulous BookLover
4.5 Stars

I think there are three words that describes this story:
Delightful, Adventurous and Surprising.

I was not expecting the story to be so adventurous. Usually with historicals you tend to know what will happen, but not with this one, there were enough twists and turns to keep me on the edge of my seat.

I loved Colin and Minerva. They are the cutest characters I've read in awhile. Their chemistry was perfect. I really liked how unusual the bespectacled Minerva was (I love intelligent heroi
Mary C. *Nulla in mundo pax sincera*
Today, I read this book for the fifth time, more times than any other book I've ever read (and that includes the classics). Due to the high number of great reviews out there, I can only say this: READ.IT. If you don't, you will be left out of an euphoric sensation that transcends the romance genre.
Q&A with Tessa Dare: A Week To Be Wicked Discussion Thread 18 63 May 24, 2013 09:10AM
Q&A with Tessa Dare: Francine! 6 36 Aug 23, 2012 12:58AM
Fans of Eloisa Ja...: Congratulations to Tessa Dare! 3 29 Apr 07, 2012 06:58PM
  • Unraveled (Turner, #3)
  • What I Did For a Duke (Pennyroyal Green, #5)
  • One Good Earl Deserves a Lover (The Rules of Scoundrels, #2)
  • Guilty Pleasures (Guilty, #1)
  • Scandalous Desires (Maiden Lane, #3)
  • Scandal Wears Satin (The Dressmakers, #2)
  • In Total Surrender (Secrets, #3)
  • Never a Gentleman (Drake's Rakes, #2)
  • The Runaway Countess (Nottinghamshire, #1)
  • At the Bride Hunt Ball (Devine & Friends, #1)
  • The Duke's Tattoo (The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse , #1)
Sign up for Tessa's newsletter and be the first to hear about new books and hot deals! http://tessadare.com/newsletter-signup/

Tessa Dare is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of fourteen historical romance novels and five novellas. Her books have won numerous accolades, including Romance Writers of America’s prestigious RITA award (twice!) and the RT Book Reviews Seal of Excellenc
More about Tessa Dare...

Spindle Cove (5 books)
  • A Night to Surrender (Spindle Cove, #1)
  • A Lady by Midnight (Spindle Cove, #3)
  • Any Duchess Will Do (Spindle Cove, #4)
  • Do You Want to Start a Scandal (Spindle Cove, #5)

“Oh no. Oh God. I couldn't possibly be so stupid."

"Don't limit yourself. You can be anything you wish.”
149 likes