Start by marking “The Tao of Joy Every Day: 365 Days of Tao Living” as Want to Read:
The Tao of Joy Every Day: 365 Days of Tao Living

The Tao of Joy Every Day: 365 Days of Tao Living

"We need to open our eyes to see life itself as a gift, and perceive the goodness embedded everywhere. Every day is a blessing, and every moment is an opportunity to express the Tao." -Derek Lin

In Eastern wisdom traditions, it is taught that practicing one small bit of wisdom each day will add up to a life of insight and joy. This volume of 365 life-transforming readings
Published December 8th 2011 by TarcherPerigee

To ask other readers questions about The Tao of Joy Every Day, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Tao of Joy Every Day

David Roberts
I read this book daily in 2015. I have read other books by Derek Lin, and they are all excellent. This one is the best of his so far. If he wrote a daily reading book every year, I would buy it and read it!

His reflections on the Tao are simple and piercing. He has a gift for clarity, and I found myself reflecting on what I had read later in the day, most days.

A parting quote from today (12/31): "Contemplate the great circles of existence. If everything comes to a beginning when it reaches the en
Debbie
Dec 26, 2013 Debbie rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Debbie by: Lee Bonnett
After receiving this book as a Christmas gift, I have found myself drawn into the writings. The concepts are so profoundly simply, yet life-changing. This book will be part of my daily reading, alongside "The Book of Awakening."

We try to complicate issues when in reality, "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step." This reading helps to sort through the clutter and discover the simple work we can do to cultivate joy and civility.
Elly Sands
Sep 09, 2013 Elly Sands rated it really liked it
I am not a morning person so it's good to have something more than coffee as a stimulant. I need a boost into the day. This book has passages for 365 days to be read daily....which I did. Of course it helps if you know something about Taoism and are interested in it. I like to get ideas from various sources. This is a fine and inspiring morning book to read. It helps to move you forward both physically and mentally.
Mandi
Jun 15, 2012 Mandi rated it really liked it
This is basically therapy in book form. It would be more helpful if read daily over a year (as is intended), but I still enjoyed it as I read it, in chunks here and there. It does get repetitive in some places, but if you were reading it over the course of a year I don't think you'd mind much.
Eva Pradhan
Jul 24, 2012 Eva Pradhan rated it it was amazing
This is a gem of a book. Simply written and full of wisdom. A daily reference for everyone looking to live an authentic life.
Guillermo
Jun 11, 2012 Guillermo rated it it was amazing
happiness everyday
Megan Pridmore
Jun 06, 2012 Megan Pridmore rated it it was amazing
This is a book that I am always reading
David Roberts
Derek Lin writes GREAT daily reading books on the Tao. If he wrote one every year I would buy it and read it! I have read his other books as well, and this one is the best, from my perspective.

He has a gift for clarity and I found myself thinking about many of the readings later the same day.

Here's a quote for today (12/31): "Contemplate the great circles of existence. If everything comes to a beginning when it reaches the end, then why should human consciousness be any different?"
Laura-nassidesa Eschbaugh
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Alex Farouqi
Aug 24, 2011 Alex Farouqi rated it it was amazing
Just pre-ordered it. I have read all of the author's other books, so I know I will enjoy every word. Cannot wait until December 8th when it comes out.
Joshua Gilley
Joshua Gilley rated it it was amazing
Jun 02, 2014
Elisa
Elisa rated it it was amazing
Sep 25, 2015
Jessie
Jessie rated it it was amazing
Jul 03, 2015
Maria Maad
Maria Maad rated it it was amazing
Nov 25, 2016
Mq Running
Mq Running rated it it was amazing
May 08, 2012
Jerri L Hoskyn
Jerri L Hoskyn rated it really liked it
Feb 15, 2016
Sea Shore
Sea Shore rated it it was amazing
Jun 27, 2014
Laurie
Laurie rated it really liked it
May 13, 2015
Patricia
Patricia rated it really liked it
May 26, 2016
Peggy
Peggy rated it it was amazing
Apr 14, 2013
Peg Seay
Peg Seay rated it really liked it
Oct 16, 2016
John R. Wilson
John R. Wilson rated it it was amazing
Nov 02, 2013
Jessica
Jessica rated it really liked it
Mar 02, 2013
Sharon
Sharon rated it it was amazing
Nov 30, 2015
Dax
Dax rated it really liked it
Feb 22, 2014
Christine
Christine rated it it was amazing
Feb 13, 2015
JD
JD rated it it was amazing
Dec 04, 2016
Frank Kamal
Frank Kamal rated it it was amazing
Jan 27, 2014
Vikki Marshall
Vikki Marshall rated it really liked it
Dec 31, 2015
Mk Lefevour
Mk Lefevour rated it really liked it
Dec 13, 2012