Start by marking “Where She Went (If I Stay, #2)” as Want to Read:
Where She Went (If I Stay, #2)

Where She Went (If I Stay #2)

4.07  ·  Rating Details ·  204,561 Ratings  ·  17,889 Reviews
It's been three years since the devastating accident . . . three years since Mia walked out of Adam's life forever.

Now living on opposite coasts, Mia is Juilliard's rising star and Adam is LA tabloid fodder, thanks to his new rock star status and celebrity girlfriend. When Adam gets stuck in New York by himself, chance brings the couple together again, for one last night.

Published April 17th 2012 by Speak (first published April 5th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Where She Went, please sign up.

Hanna Crisostomo i think she read my mind. this is exactly what i wanted it to be like. for a moment there i thought she was going to say that they had to move on with…morei think she read my mind. this is exactly what i wanted it to be like. for a moment there i thought she was going to say that they had to move on with their separate lives or that she was in a relationship with someone else, someone she loved, but i was so happy with the ending(less)
Pers Yes, you`ll have a better understanding,passion and love for the book

Tatiana
Jan 08, 2014 Tatiana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I wonder if it is ok that I liked Where She Went so much more than its predecessor. I mean, If I Stay was all about people dying and lying in coma and there were hardly any tears in my eyes and here I spent hours sobbing over a guy's broken heart? Am I that much into emo guys?

Don't think that's the answer though. Super-emo Shiver's Sam and Beautiful Creatures's Ethan didn't rock my boat and how could they with their obsessions over puffy coats, Scarlett O'Hara and leaky womb type poetry? Adam W
Rainbow
Jan 10, 2014 Rainbow rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So I read "If I Stay," and it broke my heart, and it was hard for me to imagine Forman matching that emotional intensity in the sequel ...

But "Where She Went" is even MORE intense. It feels breathless, almost like one long scene. (And it MOVES like one scene, as the narrator rattles around New York City.)

I can't think of a book that does a better job capturing heartbreak ... I really loved it.
Jesse (JesseTheReader)
I understand why so many people like this book, but it just wasn't for me. I will say that Gayle Forman is a fantastic writer and I will continue to pick up books by her.
Arlene
Aug 18, 2014 Arlene rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of The Piper's Son
Recommended to Arlene by: ARC - Alexa... Thank you!
Undeniably 5 Shooting Stars!!

Adam’s Promise: If you stay, I’ll do whatever you want. I’ll quit the band; go with you to New York. But if you need me to go away, I’ll do that too. .. And that would suck, but I’ll do it. I can lose you like that, if I don’t lose you today. I’ll let you go. If you stay.

Fans of If I Stay who thought the story concluded after Mia’s choice will experience the post trauma that not only changed her life, but altered Adam’s happiness. In Where She Went, we face the after
Emily May
I liked If I Stay, but I absolutely loved Where She Went. I'm having a hard time trying to compile my thoughts on the novel because I'm still reeling from the deep, heartbreaking effect it had on me.

Tatiana's review said what I've been thinking most of all:

"I mean, If I Stay was all about people dying and lying in coma and there were hardly any tears in my eyes and here I spent hours sobbing over a guy's broken heart?"

That about sums up the reaction I had. If someone asked you which would upset
Marie Lu
May 25, 2011 Marie Lu rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Right, so. I never rate a book unless I at least like it, and I almost never leave text reviews....but Where She Went is impossibly good. If I Stay was good, of course, but Where She Went? Good God. I can't remember the last time I fell so hard for a couple. My heart physically HURT throughout this book! Adam, oh Adam!! How you and Mia make me cry!
Whitney Atkinson
This added absolutely nothing to this series, other than reconfirming how much I dislike these books
Becky
I loved "If I Stay". LOVED IT. It was one of those books that made my heart and soul ache. It moved me and surprised me and lingered... So much so that I kept mentally comparing the way I felt reading the two books, and I admit to being a bit disappointed by this follow-up.

This is Adam's story. I loved Adam in "If I Stay". He was this incredibly supportive and sensitive and wonderful guy who loved a girl so much that he would do anything for her, who accepted and honored her for being the unique
~Tina~
Once in awhile comes a story that has touched me in a way that I will never forget.
It's a story about one girls journey and her ultimate decision about life and death, to let go or to move on. It was both heartbreaking and heartwarming.
That story was; If I Stay, and after I closed that book, my first and only thought was more.

"You know. I thought about that a lot these last couple of years," she said in a chocked voice. "About who was there for you. Who held your hand while you grieved for all t
Kat Kennedy
Jan 04, 2014 Kat Kennedy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Before I fall by Lauren Oliver
Recommended to Kat Kennedy by: Tatiana
Where She Went is the successional addition to Forman's spectacular If I Stay. If the seminal theme of If I Stay were about finding a reason to continue living, then Where She Went’s theme could be construed as finding what makes life worthwhile and livable.
Adam, an infamous badboy rocker, has been in a perilous emotional and mental state since his longtime girlfriend, Mia Hall left him. Chance brings them together for one more night and this novel chronicles those precious twenty-four hours tog
Anna
Dec 20, 2013 Anna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: hopeless romantics everywhere
Recommended to Anna by: ❤Sarah
STAY

If you stay, I'll do whatever you want.....And that would suck, but I'd do it. I can lose you like that if I don't lose you today. I'll let you go. If you....

SHE DECIDED TO STAY

Where She Went

It's been three years since the devastating accident...three years since Mia walked out of Adam's life forever

This book, to me as a HOPELESS ROMANTIC, was a dream come true. This story is set in New York City, where by chance/fate/destiny...Adam and Mia are brought together again where they have a chanc
Mo
Dec 03, 2014 Mo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

"Needle and thread, flesh and bone
Spit and sinew, heartbreak is home
Your suture lines sparkle like diamonds
Bright stars to light my confinement"

Wow, I really liked the first book in the series but this one kinda blew me away. It was way better than the first. The emotions, the tears, the heartbreak.

I swear I nearly went to Youtube, trying to find the bloody band so I could hear the songs. Had to use my imagination. This author could definitely become a songwriter.

"The bow is so old,
Nic
Visuals for Adam http://irresistiblereads.blogspot.com...

"She kissed me good-bye. She told me that she loved me more than life itself. Then she stepped through security.
She never came back."

Note: My review is not going to do this book justice. I don't think I can possibly express how awesome Where She Went is.

Wow! Where She Went is an intense and breathtaking read. I have to admit I enjoyed If I Stay but I wouldn't say I loved it. But Where She Went is one the BEST books I have ever read. It m
Vinaya
This was less of a book and more of a roller coaster. You know how you sometimes get off a roller coaster, and your legs feel like jelly and your middle feels like someone's wringing you dry?

Photobucket

I'm not going to give you plot synopses. I'm not going to give you my favourite quotes. I am, however, going to tell you a story. I knew I would love Where She Went before I ever read it. I read a review of the book about a month ago, and it inspired me to stop procrastinating and pull If I Stay out of the
Alexa
Jan 25, 2011 Alexa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: The Piper's Son by Melina Marchetta
This review was difficult to write. I didn't even know where to start. All I wanted to do was pick up the book and reread it. Because it was amazing, heartbreaking, and beautiful. I loved it even more than If I Stay.

She never came back.
"

I loved reading from Adam's point of view. The writing was so, so good. Some moments were really intense. And I felt like I could feel everything he wa
Amy (Foxy)
**4.75 Adam makes this book Stars**

Where She Went turned out to be a better book, for me, than the first book. If I Stay is the first book in the series and I ended up giving it 3 stars. I had a hard time connecting with the first book but this book being told from Adam's POV was captivating.

Three years have passed since the accident and Mia and Adam are no longer together. Both have moved on with their personal and musical lives. Adam happens to stumble upon one of Mia's concerts and from that
Juliana Zapata
Mar 15, 2015 Juliana Zapata rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
Este libro me sorprendió desde la primera página, imaginaba que podían pasar muchas cosas después del accidente de Mia, pero no esperaba nada de lo que este libro me contó.

Cuando por fin tuve todas las respuestas que necesitaba me sentí igual que Adam, lo entendí todo y comprendí muchas cosas sobre Mia.

Reseña Completa: http://bastvilard.blogspot.com/2015/0...
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
Wow what a ride!!I loved this book so much!!!It was much better from the first!!I adored the first and I wanted to know if these characters will have the ending I wanted!!The emotions were so intense in this book!!I could feel Adam's pain and anger like I was in his shoes!!In this book like the previous,memories are include from back then,sad and happy moments.This book was so realistic!Ifelt like these characters excist in real life!!

This book is about three years since the end of IF I STAY. We
Mario
After reading (and loving) If I Stay last year, I didn't really wanted to read this one. I just felt that the end (of If I Stay) was really good, and adding anything to the story would just ruin it.

Boy was I an idiot! I ended up loving it more than the first one. I just loved every single thing about this book! Especially flashbacks with Mia's family, and the whole ending. I did not expect it to end like it did, and that made me like it even more.

In conclusion, amazing book, and I would recomme
Kat (Lost in Neverland)

It's been three years since Mia woke up from her coma and since the car crash that killed her family. It's also been three years since Mia left Adam's life forever.

One fated night, Adam walks into Carnegie Hall when Mia is doing a concert, and it seems like destiny had brought them together again. But when old wounds open up and constant questions are rolling, any hope of rekindling their relationship is broken. Told from Adam's perspective, this is a book about despair, heartbreak, music, sex,
Chelsey the crazy cat lady
I loved this book, I found it hard to put down! I enjoyed it better than the first. It was great hearing it from his perspective, I wasn't expecting that. would highly recommend
Christy
Every morning I wake up and tell my self: It’s just one day, one twenty-four hour period to get thorough.
A day might be just twenty-four hours but sometimes getting through just one seems as impossible as scaling Everest.

***If you haven’t read If I Stay, there may be some spoilers***

Where She Went is Adam’s story
Adam- Where she went photo Whereshewent-Adam_zps49cba51e.jpg

It’s been three years since Adam’s life was forever changed. Three years ago he almost lost Mia, the love of his life. Well, he did lose her, but not in the ultimate way. Three years
Karly *The Vampire Ninja, Luminescent Monster & Wendigo Nerd Goddess of Canada (according to The Hulk)*

Category: A book and its prequel sequel

5 Stars

I never would have guessed that my first 5 star of 2016 would be a YA novel, and a sequel no less, but here we are.

Grief.

Grief can be one of the most segregating things in the entire world. Some people grieve in packs, like wolves, striking out with ferocity at the pain and demanding comfort from the warmth of each other. While others melt quietly, shattering beneath stoicism and distance. Some get angry, some get sad and some, some just get so num
Clau R.
This book was so, so, so painfully beautiful! And it was perfect! I couldn't stop reading. I never in my whole life imagined that THIS was what happened after Mia wakes up! I mean, I knew there wouldn't be a "happily ever after" and that they (she and Adam) would have to face so much difficulties, BUT I NEVER EXPECTED that they would just break up! Stop seeing each other! It was so painful to read, Adam was suffering so, so much :(.

I really liked the fact that they both achieved their "musical d
Isamlq
Mar 26, 2011 Isamlq rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Isamlq by: EVERYONE
Shelves: arc-galley, favorites
My brain hurts. My heart hurts. My everything hurts!

I had not started it yet, but already I was upset with Mia. It’s been a little over a month since I read If I Stay, so I know what she went through. I also know what she does to Adam. And like Adam, I didn’t know why. Like him, I wondered. Like him, I was angry. But once I got started on this, I saw quite clearly what losing her did to him. Then I felt a little more angry and heartbroken for him. And still I wondered, as he did, why?

Like If I
Flannery
Jul 07, 2011 Flannery rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of the first
My heart gushed rivers of love when I reviewed If I Stay. I listened to the audiobook and just adored it because it felt like Gayle Forman tapped into my heartbeat and the rhythm beat right through to the end. I put off reading Where She Went because I wasn’t ready for another heartache. As it turns out, this is a rare instance where the sequel (or companion) has an entirely different tone than its predecessor. Rightly so, as Where She Went is told from Adam Wilde’s point of view, whereas If I S ...more
Chloe
Jun 20, 2015 Chloe rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved this!
Janina
Jul 18, 2011 Janina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of The Piper's Son by Melina Marchetta
What a ride! Where She Went definitely was one of those books for me. One that had me glued to the pages and forgetting everything around me. One that had me gulping down the whole story in only a few hours, reading as fast as possible (maybe even too fast) to find out if my beloved characters would get the ending they hoped for. One that left me glassy-eyed and exhausted, but feeling that this book gave me something more than just a few hours of fun – it gave me a story that will stay with me a ...more
Kristi
If I Stay is easily one of my favorite novels, ever. And Where She Went was just as incredible. As soon as I heard that there was going to be a sequel to If I Stay and that it was going to be in Adam's point of view... I knew it was going to be epic. And it was.

I loved Adam in If I Stay, and after experiencing this story through his eyes, I love him even more. God, this story.... I'm steel reeling... I'm up, I'm down. I just finished the story a mere hours ago and I'm still not over it. I don't
Jeanne

I already read this book a couple of years ago, but I decided to check out the audio version. In a nutshell, kind of like with the movie, the book is better. It just is. The problem is that there really isn't an actor or voice narrator who can rise to the standard of the Adam who lives in my mind after reading the book.

"Adam is mumbling something now. In a low voice. Over and over he is saying: Please please please please please please please please please please. Finally he stops and looks at
YA Buddy Readers'...: Where She Went by Gayle Forman - Restarting November 7th 2016 131 230 Nov 19, 2016 11:09PM
Future Teachers, ...: Sara Kraatz's Review #5 1 2 Nov 04, 2016 09:33PM
Where She went on cinema 11 208 Oct 21, 2016 09:23AM
Future Teachers, ...: Kala Ulep Review 4 1 2 Oct 10, 2016 11:39PM
  • Real Live Boyfriends: Yes. Boyfriends, Plural. If My Life Weren't Complicated, I Wouldn't Be Ruby Oliver (Ruby Oliver, #4)
  • The Piper's Son
  • Raw Blue
  • A Little Wanting Song
  • How to Save a Life
  • Virtuosity
  • Stay
  • Saving June
  • Golden
  • Flat-Out Love (Flat-Out Love, #1)
  • Front and Center (Dairy Queen, #3)
  • Rules of Attraction (Perfect Chemistry, #2)
  • The Sky Is Everywhere
  • We'll Always Have Summer (Summer, #3)
  • You Against Me
  • Five Flavors of Dumb
  • Harmonic Feedback
Gayle Forman is an award-winning internationally bestselling author. Her books include Just One Day, Just One Year, I Was Here, Where She Went and If I Stay, which was made into a major motion picture starring Chloe Grace Moretz.

Her newest novel, Leave Me, is her first one starring adults. (She refuses to say it's an adult novel because she knows plenty of adults read YA and vice-versa).

Gayle liv
More about Gayle Forman...

If I Stay (2 books)
  • If I Stay (If I Stay, #1)

“I needed to hate someone and you’re the one I love the most, so it fell on you.” 1282 likes
“You don’t share me. You own me.” 1245 likes