Start by marking “Man Whore (Personal Demons, #1)” as Want to Read:
Man Whore (Personal Demons, #1)

Man Whore (Personal Demons #1)

2.93  ·  Rating Details  ·  46 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Morgan is happy as the local slut. His nights fall into three categories: one-nighters, boy toys, and just friends. So when a new favorite boy-toy, Adam Medina, gives him an ultimatum – real dates or no sex – Morgan moves on without argument. Even as Morgan struggles to purge the man from his thoughts, life seems destine to taunt his whorish ways.

Morgan isn’t the only one
Published May 1st 2011 by Createspace (first published March 12th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Man Whore, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Man Whore

Honey
So this is how the story went:

Morgan has sex with the twins.

Morgan meets Adam and has sex with Adam. Adam is great. Morgan has a tantrum and ignores Adam.

Morgan has sex with a random guy.

Morgan gives a guy a blowjob in exchange for drugs.

Morgan goes out with Adam. Adam is great. Morgan has a tantrum and walks out on Adam.

Morgan has sex with 3 random guys.

Morgan has sex with Adam. Adam is great. They decide to date exclusively. (Adam hadn’t been aware that they hadn’t been exclusive).

They have a
Ayanna
Total bait and switch. I went through the entire thing feeling like this book wasn't quite about what we were led to believe it was about, and it wasn't, not really. The occult parts, though quite nicely written, came off as really weird and random.

The entire focus was really weird. It's almost like the author wanted there to be one "The MC" but couldn't decide which one to make The MC.

Total 180-turn was really weird and didn't make sense. At all. After that, it was all boring. I mean, it was b
Meggie
Mar 22, 2011 Meggie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The story is strange. Those two side by side plots were weird to fallow from the start. They were not connected with main characters and that made it harder to understand. Both main characters, Adam and Morgan, were really great together. Their story is sweet and truly romantic. But the part of the demons didn't much fit into the picture and made it harder to enjoy the other part of the book. Overall it was enjoyable but nothing special I know it didn't made impression on me.
Shaz
Sep 27, 2012 Shaz rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm, mm-paranormal
3.5 star rating (just can't justify rounding up to 4 stars unfortunately)

I'm finding this book hard to rate. If you had asked me in the first part of the story what I thought of it, I would have answered; confusing. But the ending did grab me, although I would love to know more as I found the ending a little abrupt. So I'm left with a bit of a dilemma.

It did feel slightly like I was reading two different stories at the same time. This did make things a little confusing at times, although I did c
Samantha
Oct 21, 2011 Samantha rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook, paranormal
The contemporary romance of Adam & Morgan is actually pretty sweet, and I really enjoyed it. But there's this whole other, independent supernatural story line thrown in that just seems to throw the whole book off.

I guess I'm not sure why it's there? Nothing about the supernatural end of the book ever touches Adam & Morgan until the late, late, latter half of the book, and that's really more of a drive-by. Just before the final seen, we get an info dump from one of the Fallen to Adam, th
Gwendolyn
Jun 02, 2015 Gwendolyn rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
I'm not even sure what in the heck I just read.
Serena Yates
Apr 19, 2011 Serena Yates rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gay
I really had trouble with this one. The story betwen Morgan and Adam is a romance - of sorts - but there was too much cheating for my tastes. Not only could I not connect to either of the characters, their behavior didn't make much sense to me most of the time. The supernatural element was just odd, I wasn't sure where it came from or why it was there. It was also quite gruesome. All of these were purely personal issues and had nothing to do with the quality of the writing.
Issa
Mar 29, 2011 Issa rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book doesn't seem to be complete. With every page I kept getting the sense that something is deeply missing. I think it might have been the way the plot came undone and really had nothing to do with each character. Perhaps some originality over the sex writing would have been nice, but over all I don't see myself ever buying another book by this author. Perhaps a few writing classes to help brush-up some skills are in order?
Ter
Apr 19, 2011 Ter rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It was ok.
I have to agree with some others that i felt like 2 diff stories, then thrown together at end.
I didn't really care the paranormal side, because there wasn't much information about that part of it. Some at the end, but not enough. Every time we saw the demon they were cutting or torturing humans.
i would have preferred just the contemporary romance side of the story. I liked Morgan and Adam.
Chris
May 15, 2011 Chris rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
1.5 stars. This so-so paranormal m/m romance consisted of two storylines that took way too long to converge, giving the book an incoherent and disjointed feel. The first storyline was about an artist who slept with a different man or woman every night. The second storyline was about a bunch of demons who seemed to be up to no good.
Enny
Mar 12, 2011 Enny rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
That was a weird story with two stories - a contemporary romance and a supernatural one - which took a very long time to come together and the end was even weirder.
Pia Veleno
Nov 24, 2010 Pia Veleno added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-books
The first story in the Personal Demons series.

Contains demonic tail pulling, flirtatious twins, and a cherry red butt plug.
Maya
Mar 25, 2011 Maya rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2.5 Stars
Nik
Nik added it
Jan 24, 2016
ShaMar
ShaMar marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2015
Tamila
Tamila marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2015
Lane
Lane added it
Dec 21, 2015
Rama
Rama marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2015
Rita-Teodora
Rita-Teodora marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2015
Emma
Emma marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2015
Sue
Sue rated it did not like it
Jul 16, 2015
Petra
Petra rated it did not like it
May 27, 2015
Des
Des marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2015
Argetha Mcdow
Argetha Mcdow marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2014
Miranda Mcintosh
Miranda Mcintosh marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014
Sophia
Sophia added it
Aug 20, 2014
Nadine Stoelman
Nadine Stoelman marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Carolina
Carolina marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

Pia is currently inactive on Goodreads for everything except her personal reading list. For news and updates, please follow her on Twitter (@PiaVeleno) or at www.piaveleno.com

Pia is a dirty girl, but she knows you're naughty too. Tongue in cheek, and everywhere else, Pia spends her time running nowhere, avoiding housework, and randomly quoting Placebo lyrics. Now that others are reading her storie
More about Pia Veleno...