Start by marking “Intervamption (Vampires of Crimson Bay, #1)” as Want to Read:
Intervamption (Vampires of Crimson Bay, #1)

Intervamption (Vampires of Crimson Bay #1)

3.58 of 5 stars 3.58  ·  rating details  ·  120 ratings  ·  28 reviews
Congratulations!

Either one or both of your parents has vampire blood. Welcome to the vampire race!

Please keep a few things in mind as you ease into the most difficult phase of your life:

1. Light sensitivity, humming teeth, and stomach pains are completely normal. You’ll also be faster, stronger, and sexy as hell (if you’re lucky).

2. You’ll bloodlust and go crazy if you den
Published (first published July 26th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Intervamption, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Intervamption

Kerrelyn Sparks
Just getting started on this book. Wow, it starts with a bang! Intriguing new take on vampires!
Laurie Garrison
Intervamption is a good start to a new paranormal romance series. I really like how the author brought the paranormal aspects into the romance. The romance between the hero and heroine was very believable and hot. There’s a different take on shifters and vampires this author brings to the paranormal table. Then there’s the mating is not only hot it’s dangerous, yep, a little different twist there too.

At first I didn’t think I would like this story because Dylan has three men pining over her. On
Jen (Red Hot Books)
Whoever wrote the blurb on this book did it a real disservice. Not only does it fail to really tell you what the book is about, but it does not reflect the tone. It comes off as this quirky, kind of light, self-referential vampire book. But it's really a sexy paranormal romance with a creative twist on vampire and shifter world building.

Slade is a therian assassin. Or at least, he was, until he failed at a mission nearly a century ago. But suddenly, his leader drafts him back into service. He ha
Kait Ballenger
First Sentences: "Slade didn't think twice about slamming the blonde against his closed apartment door. She gasped as her head snapped back, hitting the wood with a resounding thud." WOW! Talk about an opening! Loads of tension and it definitely grabs you from the start.

Brownie Points: One of my favorite things about Intervamption is the attention to detail when it comes to world building. The supernatural world Kristin Miller creates is both believable and imaginative at the same time. From the
Vanessa theJeepDiva
There is a much better synopsis of this book on the authors website.

Slade is a therian (shifter) assassin. His new assignment is to infiltrate the local vampire haven posed as a vampire. His job is to find the catacombs that house the hidden scrolls that tell the historical secrets and prophecies of the vampire race. He is also supposed to kill one of the individuals mentioned in the prophecies. He knows upfront he will not find out who his target is until he is seated well in their haven. Dyla
Paranormal Haven
InterVamption

This assignment was to be the one to bring back his high standing assassin status. As crazy as it was he was to shift into a vampires’ form and infiltrate their khiss and remove the target, whom will be determined once he was in.

This should have been an easy in and out experience for a great assassin as him self. But what he didn’t count on was the sexy , breathtaking vampire Dylan. Now because of her every thing has been turned upside down for him and for the first time ever he fee
Bethany
Man, this book was HOT, and a great introduction to a world that I'm excited to see more of. The characters grabbed me from the very start, and it was a compelling, easy read. I will say that I wanted to see a lot more of the world they live in... but you know what, I think she might have another book coming out soon that will help me out with that! Can't wait!
Maya Barbery
Great read with unique plot lines and twists that keep you guessing and in the end hungry for book 2!!
Michelle Relta
really good read !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Michelle
Intervamption is the first book in the Vampire’s of Crimson Bay series by Kristin Miller and a Paranormal Romance from Avon Impulse.

Book Blurb:

Congratulations

1. Light sensitivity, humming teeth, and stomach pains are completely normal. You'll also be faster, stronger, and sexy as hell (if you're lucky).

2. You'll bloodlust and
Dahlia (yadkny)
Nov 09, 2011 Dahlia (yadkny) rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Paranormal Lovers
"A therian-vampire mating? No way. Talk about blasphemy..."

His job was to kill his mark. As a Therian shape-shifting Assassin, Slade took his job of killing vampires seriously, until an incident forced him underground. Nevertheless, all that changed the day he was propositioned for an undercover mission no Therian has ever done before. Infiltrate the enemy camp with one of the vampire’s own as the informant and await further instruction. The reward would be the return of his revered status. How
Shelleyrae at Book'd Out
Amongst the popular genre of paranormal romance author's need to be creative and offer an original myth to pique the readers interest. Miller has created an alternate society where Therians (shifters) and vampires battle under a the unseeing gaze of the mundanes. In Crimson Bay, war is brewing as the promise of a prophecy draws near.
Slade, a Therian assassin, has been tasked to infiltrate a local khiss and await orders. His boss has a plan to rid Crimson Bay of the vampires once and for all. Sl
Kristin  (MyBookishWays Reviews)
You may also read my review here: http://www.mybookishways.com/2011/08/...

Slade is a therian and has been called into service by his master,or Sheik,when there is news of a vampire uprising. His Sheik,Moses,promises to restore him to Assassin status if he helps. Moses wants Slade to shift into a vampire,which is nearly impossible to do,and Slade is to infiltrate a khiss of vampires,and take down a high ranking mark.

Dylan owns ReVamp,which helps vampires blend in with humans and control their urg
Scooper Speaks
Favorite Line: “And her scent…that drive-him-mad fragrance…made him want to kneel at her feet and beg forgiveness for wasting himself on every other woman he’d ever had.” (p. 119, egalley)

The cover does not do this book justice. I absolutely hate the cover. There is nothing enticing about it, unlike its great title. I loved telling people what I was reading because it is such a cute play on words.

When I read the blurb on the back of the Kristin Miller‘s book, I thought I was getting a light-hear
Dyllan, The Brazuca Ekaterina
Synopsis from the author's blog!
Release day: 07/26/2011

ReVamp's hottest Vampire Rehabilitation Specialist has been burning moonlight looking for a cure to what's ailing the blood supply in Crimson Bay, California. The mysterious infection is causing vampires to hit the streets and act like...well...a bit like Dracula when he's cranked out on venti mocha vamppuccinos. Neither her arranged marriage on the blood-smudged horizon, nor the threat of shutting down her clinic can tear DYLAN'S eyes off t
Ellen
Yay. This is a series I will follow.

I was kind of annoyed by the stuff about souls early on, in a PNR its not unbelievable that souls really do get sold. I also think that this had the worst blurb ever. I was expecting something way different. That's not bad but now I'm a little sad that I didn't get to read the story I expected (which is silly I know, but what are you going to do?).

But anyway I thought the therian-vampire relations were good and the twists at the end were both expected and real
Yajaira Fryas
I loved the story but I kinda didn't like that the other books have different characters. I didn't finish the series... Bc I was disappointed that the author choose this path.
Lady Lioness
I didn't hate this book, but I didn't particularly love it either. I read this while waiting for my flight and it kept me entertained, but there were a lot of elements I'd seen previously. Pamela Palmer, in particular, came to mind. I've already started the second book, Vamped Up, but I think Miller's books would appeal more to those who really enjoy Laurie London's Sweetblood series or Laura Wright's Mark of the Vampire series, romances with a horror flavoring.
Kristin
First off, the blurb about this book is nothing like the voice of the actual book, which was disappointing. I thought it would be irreverent and fun, but it's really just a paranormal romance, which I guess I'm not too into. The set-up was interesting, but then everything got confusing and of course everything was hunky-dory in the end. Even the sex wasn't as exciting as it could have been. But hell, I'm not a vampire, so what do I know? Not reading the next one.
Lizzielvr
I’m always hesitant with new authors, but after reading the sample chapters, I had to finish it. The story moves quickly, the characters are likeable from the start, has some great dry humor which I love and has some interesting twists and turns. Good read!
Marla
For the most part, I enjoyed this book. It was definietly worth reading. It had its fair share of slow parts and a few of the scenes were a little too far fetched for me. But, as a whole, the book was worth the money and not a waste of my time.
Linda
Awful. Unreadable. I couldn't make it past the first chapter; it's stilted and foul, without any finesse to the writing. Thankfully this was a library loan, not a purchase.
Marielle
The women in this book aren't exactly ass-kicking. More like constantly being protected/rescued.
Devon Stripling

Ah..... Not as good as the black dagger brotherhood, but entertaining enough.
Sej
Oct 09, 2012 Sej marked it as dnf-dnr
Light and fluffy. Not as much character depth as I prefer in my novels.
Terri
Lots of fun!
Alex
Oct 24, 2011 Alex added it
weird and creepy...
Chelsea Hall
Chelsea Hall marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2014
  • Ascension (Dark Breed, #1)
  • Before the Witches (Dark Mission 0.5)
  • Diaries of an Urban Panther (Diaries of an Urban Panther #1)
  • Deadworld (Jackie Rutledge #1)
  • To Walk the Night (Kat Redding, #1)
  • Bloodlands (Bloodlands, #1)
  • Thicker Than Water (Blood Brothers, #1)
  • Hidden (Marchwood Vampires, #1)
  • Twilight Forever Rising
  • The Lost (Sin Hunters, #3)
  • ReVamped (Angel Creek, #1)
  • Acquainted With the Night (Acquainted With the Night, #1)
  • Blood Born (Blood Prophecy, #1)
  • Crimson Mate (Of Blood and Spirit #1)
  • Wraith's Awakening (Para-Ops, #0.5)
  • Dark Awakening (Dark Dynasties #1)
  • Follow the Night (Bewitch the Dark, #0.5)
  • Marked (City of the Damned, #1)
New York Times and USA Today best-selling author Kristin Miller writes sweet and sassy contemporary romance, romantic suspense, and paranormal romance of all varieties. Kristin has degrees in psychology, English, and education, and taught high school and middle school English before crossing over to a career in writing. She lives in Northern California with her alpha male husband and their two chi ...more
More about Kristin Miller...
Gone with the Wolf (Seattle Wolf Pack, #1) Four Weddings and a Werewolf (Seattle Wolf Pack, #2) Crazy in Love (Blue Lake, #3) Let Me Love You (Blue Lake, #4) So I Married a Werewolf (Seattle Wolf Pack, #3)