Beyond the Call of Duty: Heart-warming Stories of Canine Devotion and Bravery

Beyond the Call of Duty: Heart-warming Stories of Canine Devotion and Bravery

3.25 of 5 stars 3.25  ·  rating details  ·  24 ratings  ·  6 reviews

A second collection of incredible and heart-warming canine stories from around the world, from the bestselling author of The Dog That Saved My Life.

Animals have accompanied man into battle since war first waged. Since those times, many stories have been told of the bears, camels, cats, dolphins, monkeys, mules, rats and other creatures that have served with the Armed Force

Published (first published October 22nd 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Beyond the Call of Duty, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beyond the Call of Duty

Selina
It took me a while to finish this, I gave up and came back to it as a few of the stories were a bit slow and the numerous spelling mistakes were annoying me! But I'm a huge dog lover and the stories were good; the dogs definitely make up for the writing!
Allison
Great dogs. Wish the writing was as good. Bit like reading someones first draft university assignment- especially the first story. Revisions and editors are great things.
Den
There's not many books I can't get into and finish but I am afraid this is one of them.
Heather
Really enjoyed this.

I'd already read full length books about Treo and Antis, (both books were awesome), so was more interested in the stories of Smoky, Stubby and Tangye. Fascinated by the tales of bravery shown especially by Stubby and Smoky. Hadn't realised there were any dogs in the trenches of WW1.
Louise
Jun 24, 2011 Louise marked it as gave-up  ·  review of another edition
No dogs commandeering tanks. Realistically I'm not going to finish this!
Savina King
wonderful book,a must read.
Leo Lopez
Leo Lopez marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2014
Sophie
Sophie added it
Aug 21, 2014
Shelley
Shelley marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2014
Mel
Mel is currently reading it
Apr 13, 2014
Ave
Ave is currently reading it
Mar 18, 2014
Fiona
Fiona marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2014
Colleen
Colleen marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2013
Silambarasan
Silambarasan marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2013
Sigrun
Sigrun marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2013
Danielle Morgan
Danielle Morgan marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2013
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2013
Datstonaa
Datstonaa marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2013
The Dog That Saved My Life: Incredible True Stories Of Canine Loyalty Beyond All Bounds (Heroes) Animals at War The Most Decorated Dog in History: Sergeant Stubby Prisoner of War: Judy Loyal Unto Death: Antis