Start by marking “Doctor, Your Patient Will See You Now: Gaining the Upper Hand in Your Medical Care” as Want to Read:

4.05 of 5 stars 4.05  ·  rating details  ·  20 ratings  ·  4 reviews
The state of health care in this country is routinely discussed in the media, at the office, and around the kitchen table. Yet as consumers of medical care, Americans often blindly accept medical advice that may or may not be relevant or even appropriate.Doctor, Your Patient Will See You Now is meant to turn on its head the old notion that medical care is dictated by the d ...more
Kindle Edition
Published (first published May 2nd 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Doctor, Your Patient Will See You Now, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Doctor, Your Patient Will See You Now

Steven Kussin
Aug 05, 2011 Steven Kussin rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
Well, since I wrote it, I wanted to praise it. Yeah, I know. But I wanted to start the ball rolling. I am so very open to criticism because this was my first book. Getting it published was one of the great moments in my life. I hope you like it. It was written with real passion based on my own medical adventure. If you find fault then thanks..I wrote it to excite comment and interest.
Jerry
Great advice on how to choose doctors and hospitals and how to avoid the misfortune of medical errors while in the health care system. Here are a few examples.

"From the moment you arrive until the second you leave – your hospital, any hospital, is the most unsafe environment most of you will ever enter." The number of deaths due to medical error may be "equivalent to three jumbo jets crashing every two days." Would you fly if this were the case in aviation?

Ask a prospective surgeon two questions
Howard
While Dr. Kussin provides a lot of resources, and instructions for becoming as proactive as you need to be with respect to your healthcare, he also provides in depth explanations of the risks you will deal with in your interface with the medical community, and ways to safeguard yourself. Hint: taking your own bleach, cleaning rags, and mop to a hospital is almost the least of his recommendations.

The biggest downside I saw (to the paper edition, at least) is that there doesn't seem to be an onlin
Elise
I struggle between 4 and 5 stars on this one. The information in it is priceless to those like me that have constant interactions with medical professionals, so 5 it shall be. It was pretty difficult to read because of the strange words he chose. I was wondering if the author wanted to communicate a message or show off his skill at using a thesaurus. Worth reading for sure, just keep the dictionary close by.
Warren Keppler
Warren Keppler marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2015
Erin Strang
Erin Strang marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2015
Tracy
Tracy marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2015
Joe
Joe marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2015
Merle Must
Merle Must is currently reading it
May 23, 2015
Judy
Judy marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2015
Susan Inge
Susan Inge marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2014
Susan Inge
Susan Inge marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2014
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2014
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2013
Crystal
Crystal marked it as to-read
May 13, 2013
Mrs. Clare
Mrs. Clare marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2013
Connie
Connie marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2012
NancyL Luckey
NancyL Luckey marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2012
Mpho3
Mpho3 marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2012
Kris
Kris marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2012
Education: Raised in the New York public school system. Attended college at Columbia University and medical school at The Albert Einstein College of Medicine. Post-graduate training was also completed at Einstein. Hospital experience includes Jacobi Hospital in the Bronx.
“There I learned that I could treat anything (anything!) for at least 15 minutes until the special forces arrived,” Dr. Kussin e
More about Steven Z. Kussin...