Start by marking “Doctor, Your Patient Will See You Now: Gaining the Upper Hand in Your Medical Care” as Want to Read:

The state of health care in this country is routinely discussed in the media, at the office, and around the kitchen table. Yet as consumers of medical care, Americans often blindly accept medical advice that may or may not be relevant or even appropriate.Doctor, Your Patient Will See You Now is meant to turn on its head the old notion that medical care is dictated by the d ...more
Kindle Edition
Published (first published May 2nd 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Doctor, Your Patient Will See You Now, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Doctor, Your Patient Will See You Now

Steven Kussin
Aug 05, 2011 Steven Kussin rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Well, since I wrote it, I wanted to praise it. Yeah, I know. But I wanted to start the ball rolling. I am so very open to criticism because this was my first book. Getting it published was one of the great moments in my life. I hope you like it. It was written with real passion based on my own medical adventure. If you find fault then thanks..I wrote it to excite comment and interest.
Jerry
Jan 19, 2012 Jerry rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: science
Great advice on how to choose doctors and hospitals and how to avoid the misfortune of medical errors while in the health care system. Here are a few examples.

"From the moment you arrive until the second you leave – your hospital, any hospital, is the most unsafe environment most of you will ever enter." The number of deaths due to medical error may be "equivalent to three jumbo jets crashing every two days." Would you fly if this were the case in aviation?

Ask a prospective surgeon two questions
Howard
Oct 12, 2013 Howard rated it really liked it
While Dr. Kussin provides a lot of resources, and instructions for becoming as proactive as you need to be with respect to your healthcare, he also provides in depth explanations of the risks you will deal with in your interface with the medical community, and ways to safeguard yourself. Hint: taking your own bleach, cleaning rags, and mop to a hospital is almost the least of his recommendations.

The biggest downside I saw (to the paper edition, at least) is that there doesn't seem to be an onlin
Elise
Feb 20, 2013 Elise rated it it was amazing
I struggle between 4 and 5 stars on this one. The information in it is priceless to those like me that have constant interactions with medical professionals, so 5 it shall be. It was pretty difficult to read because of the strange words he chose. I was wondering if the author wanted to communicate a message or show off his skill at using a thesaurus. Worth reading for sure, just keep the dictionary close by.
Dianne
Dianne rated it really liked it
Dec 10, 2012
Deborah Richman
Deborah Richman rated it liked it
Oct 12, 2014
Deborah
Deborah rated it it was amazing
May 14, 2012
Erica
Erica rated it really liked it
Jul 18, 2012
Ns Skates
Ns Skates rated it really liked it
Apr 20, 2015
Lor
Lor rated it really liked it
Sep 11, 2011
Andrew
Andrew rated it really liked it
Jun 24, 2014
Pat
Pat rated it it was amazing
Jan 16, 2016
Mrs. Clare
Mrs. Clare rated it liked it
May 06, 2013
Roleeta
Roleeta rated it it was amazing
Jun 08, 2013
Mia
Mia rated it really liked it
Dec 23, 2012
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it liked it
Mar 06, 2012
Martina
Martina rated it really liked it
Nov 17, 2014
Nadine
Nadine rated it it was amazing
Mar 07, 2012
Lb
Lb rated it it was amazing
Feb 25, 2012
Judy
Sep 18, 2016 Judy added it
humorous and knowledgeable and accurately displays the arrogance of the medical profession
Richard
Richard rated it liked it
Oct 07, 2013
Debby
Debby rated it liked it
Nov 15, 2012
Polly
Polly marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2011
Michele
Michele marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2011
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2011
Katherine
Katherine is currently reading it
Oct 05, 2011
Autumn
Autumn marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2011
Elizabeth Hills
Elizabeth Hills marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2011
gina
gina marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2011
Brian
Brian marked it as to-read
May 02, 2012
Rocky
Rocky marked it as to-read
May 16, 2012
Carolyn
Carolyn marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2012
Kris
Kris marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2012
Mpho3
Mpho3 marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2012
NancyL Luckey
NancyL Luckey marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2012
Connie
Connie marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2012
Mrs. Clare
Mrs. Clare marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2013
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2013
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2014
Susan Inge
Susan Inge marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2014
Susan Inge
Susan Inge marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2014
Joe
Joe marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2015
Tracy
Tracy marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2015
Education: Raised in the New York public school system. Attended college at Columbia University and medical school at The Albert Einstein College of Medicine. Post-graduate training was also completed at Einstein. Hospital experience includes Jacobi Hospital in the Bronx.
“There I learned that I could treat anything (anything!) for at least 15 minutes until the special forces arrived,” Dr. Kussin e
More about Steven Z. Kussin...