Start by marking “I Grew Up Little: Finding Hope in a Big God” as Want to Read:
I Grew Up Little: Finding Hope in a Big God

I Grew Up Little: Finding Hope in a Big God

Patsy became a high school dropout, a teenage runaway, a bride at 17, and a parent at 20. She soon began to suffer from agoraphobia and became a prisoner in her own home. But to look at her now, walking back and forth across a stage talking to thousands of women, it's quite obvious that something has changed! I Grew Up Little is the story of how that transformation took ...more
Published March 10th 2004 by W Publishing Group

To ask other readers questions about I Grew Up Little, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Grew Up Little

Rachel
Nov 14, 2016 Rachel rated it liked it
Interesting to read her story.
Honeybee
Dec 05, 2013 Honeybee rated it really liked it
I have been a fan of Patsy Clairmont, since hearing her on Focus on the Family years ago. I have read her previous books, NORMAL IS JUST A SETTING ON YOUR DRYER and GOD USES CRACKED POTS. It was awesome to learn more of her background in this book and see just what led to the agoraphobia she often talks about.

This book is a memoir. Each of the sixteen chapters gives us a snapshot of a significant person in Patsy's life and how they shaped her character. There is nothing mean or hurtful in this b
Crystal
Jul 29, 2015 Crystal rated it it was amazing

I had the privilege of learning about Patsy Clairmont when I saw her at a Women of Faith conference a few years ago. What a fireball of wit and energy! She had me laughing while connecting real life stories to a great God. I even got the privilege to meet her in person and get her autograph. So, when this book showed up in my donations for a yard sale pile, I snagged it, eager to read it and learn more about her story. I was surprised to learn she was an agoraphobic struggling with fear and anxi
Dionne
Sep 17, 2014 Dionne rated it really liked it
"I didn't realize the Lord would use my failures to teach me compassion for other strugglers, my fears to teach me about courage that goes beyond feelings, or my foibles to teach me of my limitations and his limitlessness. I viewed my agoraphobic years as wasted and forever lost, but God never wastes anything. Instead, he chooses to rebuild ruins."--p. 157

I have always LOVED Patsy Clairmont. After listening to her famous message, "God Uses Cracked Pots", I have often repeated phrases from her me
Sally
Jan 23, 2016 Sally rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is by one of the "Women of Faith" gals. I went to two of those conferences, and that was enough for me, but several of the speakers were hilarious and really inspirational......Patsy Clairmont was really good....this story of her life will probably make you realize your own life is amazing....and might inspire you to achieve things you thought you couldn't. I definitely did not get in to this book for the religious aspect......but instead for the inspirational story part.....and she's ...more
Jessica
I liked this book. It was nothing like I thought it would be, but I liked it nonetheless. A very quick read, this book is an autobiography about Clairmont's life. I think the primary intended purpose was to demonstrate her struggles with agoraphobia, and God's help to emerge through these difficult times. However, I didn't feel her difficulty in the writing. To me, she seemed like any ordinary person who struggles. I enjoyed her writing style, and respect the way she came to trust in God and ...more
Chiqui
Dec 28, 2015 Chiqui rated it it was amazing
I love Patsy, she always share JOY and laugh. I had the privilege of learning about Patsy Clairmont when I saw her at a Women of Faith conference a few years ago. What a fireball of with and energy! She had me laughing while connecting real life stories to a great God. Love to read anything she writes.
Darlene Hull
Nov 12, 2012 Darlene Hull rated it really liked it
Shelves: biography
An enjoyable, easy, inspirational read. I would have likes it to be a little longer so as to have has the chance to go a little deeper. Her struggles were real, but her treatment of them were a little superficial.

Enjoyed it though!
Aurora
Feb 17, 2016 Aurora rated it liked it
It is in regards to her issues with fear - agoraphobic but as long as it took me to read it I finally finished it while riding on a plane home from TN and while I find it frightening to ride a plane on this particular trip - turbulence on all I was not afraid. POWERFUL and FRAGILE the mind!
Samantha
Feb 03, 2008 Samantha rated it it was amazing
Bio/Rel/Insp. all wrapped up in one book! Patsy talks about growing up, how small she was & she eventually overcame her fears & phobias. It was a long journey but with God, nothing is impossible. Made me cry and think... the best biography I have read over the past few years.
Lori
Jun 17, 2011 Lori rated it liked it
This is an autobiography of Patsy Clairmont's life. I found this book to be inspirational. This lady dealt with alot of fears in her life that she eventually overcame. She is now a well known author and speaker for Women of Faith Conferences.
Kim
Oct 23, 2009 Kim rated it it was amazing
That the Lord is full of irrepresible hope and love for us! Every chapter of this book spoke to me where I am at this time in my life.
Karin Jones
Jun 01, 2012 Karin Jones rated it liked it
I liked it. I like chronological chapters in autobiographies as opposed to topical. She is a good writer-very funny at times.
Chris Desmottes
May 13, 2009 Chris Desmottes rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. Patsy is one of my favorite humorous Christian authors. This is her life story and how God got her through her agoraphobia and turned her into a Women of Faith Ministry speaker.
Jaclynn
Jan 17, 2008 Jaclynn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2007

Patsy came to a point where fear had her in bed full time but God released her from that bondage one baby step at a time. This is a story of her life and a book you will not want to put down!
Kris
Nov 27, 2007 Kris rated it really liked it
It's amazing what people can overcome in life! Patsy Clarimont is an excellent example of this. She is also quite funny. This is a quick, easy read.
Karen
Karen rated it liked it
Jan 22, 2016
Jeanne Kornegay
Jeanne Kornegay rated it it was amazing
Aug 03, 2011
Tracy
Tracy rated it it was amazing
Aug 04, 2008
Elise Vazquez
Elise Vazquez rated it it was amazing
Sep 11, 2016
Evelyn
Evelyn rated it really liked it
Jul 11, 2014
Jo
Jo rated it liked it
Feb 16, 2011
Christy Hertz
Christy Hertz rated it really liked it
Mar 05, 2012
Teresa Merriman
Teresa Merriman rated it really liked it
Jul 23, 2013
Autumn
Autumn rated it it was amazing
Mar 09, 2012
Diane
Diane rated it really liked it
Feb 03, 2012
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it it was amazing
May 24, 2013
Cheryl
Cheryl rated it it was amazing
Jun 23, 2016
Amanda
Amanda rated it liked it
Oct 29, 2012
Kerrie Parker
Kerrie Parker rated it it was amazing
Jun 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Madison Mega-Mara...: I Grew Up Little: Finding Hope in a Big God 1 4 Oct 08, 2012 06:37AM
  • Learning to Breathe Again: Choosing Life and Finding Hope After a Shattering Loss
  • Honestly
  • Broken on the Back Row: A Journey Through Grace and Forgiveness
  • Voices of the Faithful
  • The Price Of Freedom (A Story Of Courage And Faith, In The Face Of Danger.)
  • The World as I Remember It: Through the Eyes of a Ragamuffin
  • Brokenness: The Heart God Revives
  • A Step Further: growing closer to God through hurt and hardship
  • I am a Soldier, Too: The Jessica Lynch Story
  • Self Talk, Soul Talk: What to Say When You Talk to Yourself
  • Prayer and the Art of Volkswagen Maintenance: Finding God on the Open Road
  • The Invisible Woman: A Special Story for Mothers
  • Fanny Crosby (1820-1915): The Hymn Writer (Heroes of the Faith)
  • Ten Things I Learned from Bill Porter
  • Tortured for His Faith
  • The Trouble with Gumballs
  • The Gentlewoman's Choice
  • Rest: Living in Sabbath Simplicity
Patsy is a bookish woman who loves words and has a penchant for dark chocolate sorbet. Since spelling bees in grade school, childhood Scrabble games, right up to her current addiction with Words with Friends she has been known to spell it out, to say it like it is.

Much to her surprise Patsy has written a stack of books that continues to light her passion for the printed page. And nothing pleases h
More about Patsy Clairmont...