Start by marking “Its Always Something T” as Want to Read:

4.21 of 5 stars 4.21  ·  rating details  ·  87 ratings  ·  8 reviews

"I started out to write a book called A Portrait of the Artist as a Housewife. I wanted to write a collection of stories, poems and vignettes about things like my toaster oven and my relationships with plumbers, mailmen and delivery people. But life dealt me a much more complicated story..."

Gilda Radner died on May 20, 1989, shortly before publication of her book It's Alw

Audio Cassette, Abridged, 0 pages
Published July 1st 1989 by Simon & Schuster Audio

To ask other readers questions about Its Always Something T, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Its Always Something T

Emily
I like Gilda Radner a lot. It is not a bad memoir, its just I wanted to know more about her, her life, her career, SNL, etc. This is almost solely about her relationship with Gene Wilder and her cancer. Its not un-interesting, but I didn't want to read about cancer. She had some fabulous insights on life and is a good writer. One part in particular I really loved:

"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning
Erin H.
Despite the title, "it's always something", this memoir by Saturday Night Lives Gilda Radner was not related to Gilda's experience portraying her well known Roseanne Roseannadana. This memoir was very much based on Gilda's life after she left SNL, including her marriage to Gene Wilder, and her devastating battle with ovarian cancer. This book gave me a perspective on the Gilda that very few people knew about, and after reading this book, I know that Gilda Radner made the best out of her short l ...more
Mary
24 years later, there is still no cure for cancer. I liked this book better when it first came out, full of hope & inspiration. Rereading it only made me sad and even more pissed off at the industry of the disease. The oncologists would go broke if a sure cure were to be discovered. I am reminded that I do know some survivors and am grateful for that.
Becca
"Kind of disappointing though moving, Gilda's story of her battle with cancer, her marriage to Gene Wilder, her professional life, but mostly a kind of whiny not very funny sad story of a compulsive personality dealing with a terrible sentence. Recorded right before her death in May 1989 by Gilda. (Reminded me of Judy.)"
Traci
Mar 21, 2011 Traci added it
I love this woman's bravery. She was a phenomenal commedienne and it was so sad to lose her too soon. I think she wrote her book as she spoke...lol.
Rebecca
What was so interesting about this is I know how it's going to end and yet I'm listening to Gilda Radner's own voice about her cancer struggle.
Earline
I read this book many years ago but still remember how good it was.
Andrea
Beautiful story and a bit sad too.
Ginny pfost
Ginny pfost marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2015
Marsha
Marsha marked it as to-read
May 22, 2014
Mollie Snell
Mollie Snell marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2014
Christina Cola
Christina Cola marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2014