Start by marking “Its Always Something T” as Want to Read:
Its Always Something T

Its Always Something T

4.15  ·  Rating Details  ·  106 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews

"I started out to write a book called A Portrait of the Artist as a Housewife. I wanted to write a collection of stories, poems and vignettes about things like my toaster oven and my relationships with plumbers, mailmen and delivery people. But life dealt me a much more complicated story..."

Gilda Radner died on May 20, 1989, shortly before publication of her book It's Alw

Audio Cassette, Abridged, 0 pages
Published July 1st 1989 by Simon & Schuster Audio

To ask other readers questions about Its Always Something T, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Its Always Something T

Emily
I like Gilda Radner a lot. It is not a bad memoir, its just I wanted to know more about her, her life, her career, SNL, etc. This is almost solely about her relationship with Gene Wilder and her cancer. Its not un-interesting, but I didn't want to read about cancer. She had some fabulous insights on life and is a good writer. One part in particular I really loved:

"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning
Crystal Hutchinson
May 16, 2015 Crystal Hutchinson rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nonfiction, 2015
Gilda Radner is a name that many of our youth does not know. She was a wonderful character/actress. This autobiography was a great read, but you need to have an interest in this person to really appreciate it. I recommend Googling Gilda Radner and watching some SNL Youtube videos of her "Rosanne Rosanna-danna" before starting in on this book. I wish she would have been around longer.
Steven Powell
Gilder wrote a compelling story by putting herself out there exposed. We were not spared the raw feelings she had or the loss she felt in dealing with her life.
Erin H.
Nov 04, 2012 Erin H. rated it it was amazing
Despite the title, "it's always something", this memoir by Saturday Night Lives Gilda Radner was not related to Gilda's experience portraying her well known Roseanne Roseannadana. This memoir was very much based on Gilda's life after she left SNL, including her marriage to Gene Wilder, and her devastating battle with ovarian cancer. This book gave me a perspective on the Gilda that very few people knew about, and after reading this book, I know that Gilda Radner made the best out of her short l ...more
Jessica
Mar 10, 2015 Jessica rated it liked it
A candid portrait of an amazing woman's battle with cancer.
Mary
Sep 09, 2013 Mary rated it liked it
24 years later, there is still no cure for cancer. I liked this book better when it first came out, full of hope & inspiration. Rereading it only made me sad and even more pissed off at the industry of the disease. The oncologists would go broke if a sure cure were to be discovered. I am reminded that I do know some survivors and am grateful for that.
Becca
Jan 20, 2013 Becca rated it it was ok
"Kind of disappointing though moving, Gilda's story of her battle with cancer, her marriage to Gene Wilder, her professional life, but mostly a kind of whiny not very funny sad story of a compulsive personality dealing with a terrible sentence. Recorded right before her death in May 1989 by Gilda. (Reminded me of Judy.)"
Traci
Mar 21, 2011 Traci added it
I love this woman's bravery. She was a phenomenal commedienne and it was so sad to lose her too soon. I think she wrote her book as she spoke...lol.
Rebecca
Jan 08, 2010 Rebecca rated it liked it
What was so interesting about this is I know how it's going to end and yet I'm listening to Gilda Radner's own voice about her cancer struggle.
Earline
Feb 18, 2013 Earline rated it it was amazing
I read this book many years ago but still remember how good it was.
Andrea
Aug 11, 2011 Andrea rated it really liked it
Beautiful story and a bit sad too.
Mary Olliff
Mary Olliff rated it liked it
Jul 25, 2016
Emily
Emily rated it really liked it
May 29, 2016
Cheri Jones
Cheri Jones rated it liked it
Mar 24, 2016
Alli Fenn
Alli Fenn rated it it was amazing
Feb 21, 2016
Molly
Molly marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2016
Mary Beth
Mary Beth rated it liked it
Feb 08, 2016
vivicadabra
vivicadabra marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2016
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it really liked it
Jan 18, 2016
Jane Ballard
Jane Ballard marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2016
Heather
Heather rated it liked it
Jan 13, 2016
Courtney Cummings
Courtney Cummings rated it really liked it
Dec 02, 2015
Gayle
Gayle marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2015
Dan
Dan marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2015
Leanne Schneider
Leanne Schneider marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2015
Wendy
Wendy marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2015
Courtney
Courtney rated it it was amazing
Sep 20, 2015
Susan Harkness
Susan Harkness marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2015
Jeanine
Jeanine rated it liked it
Jul 27, 2015