Start by marking “More Tales from Shakespeare” as Want to Read:
More Tales from Shakespeare

More Tales from Shakespeare

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  43 ratings  ·  12 reviews
"Williams has a brilliant signature style. . . . All the adoring fans of her TALES FROM SHAKESPEARE will rejoice, and new ones will join in the applause." —KIRKUS REVIEWS

Grab a seat as Marcia Williams wields her popular comic-book style to bring AS YOU LIKE IT, KING LEAR, MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING, ANTONY AND CLEOPATRA, TWELFTH NIGHT, THE MERCHANT OF VENICE, and RICHARD III v
Published May 10th 2005 by Candlewick Press (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about More Tales from Shakespeare, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about More Tales from Shakespeare

Sep 18, 2014 Daisy rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People looking to learn about Shakespeare, preferably if they had an existing knowledge of the plays
Bravo, Mr. William Shakespeare! takes the reader through seven of Shakespeare's not-so-famous plays in a comic strip, and shows the plays in a child-friendly and comical way that many of us may not have seen before.

There were good things and bad things about this book. I'm currently studying a lot of Shakespeare so looked to this to break down the storylines a bit more and basically just give me a simplified version of Shakespeare. Seeing as this is a children's book you'd think it would be quit
Maggie Harney
I've been in love with this book since the age of 7, when I plucked it off the rolly shelves the spring of my first grade year at the Book Fair (the greatest thing to happen to public schools ever).

When you're 7, Shakespeare makes as much sense as wearing socks in the bathtub but I like to think of this as the gateway drug into my full blown obsession with the Bard. It's full of excellent pictures (I'm a sucker for humorous doodles) and is guaranteed to make a bibliophile out of any kid who rea
Carlos Vallarino
Read this book and got to understand Shakespeare, did not know about Cordelia. Anthony and Cleopatra had 4 children, she was the last of the Ptolemies. One gets the whole feel of each play in this magnificent/brilliant book.
I got this book out for my arty dyslexic graphic novel reading son who was doing Shakespeare with a youth theatre group. He rejected it out of hand saying he didn't like the colours. I like the colours! I find the comic strip format very challenging but I enjoy Marcia Williams' work and felt I understood the plays a little better for reading this. The barracking audence round the edges is quite fun and reminiscent of medieval glosses.
Lydia loves this book, I think it's slightly annoying to read. The pages are a little too busy with words and 10 pictures per page to show the progression of the scene. At any rate, I'm happy that Lydia is familiar with so many Shakespearean plays because of this book.
Mike Jensen
This is really a comic book packaged as a kid's picture book. It adapts several of Shakespeare's plays, and not very well. For Shakespeareans, students of adaptation, and those who do not know better.
My kids love Shakespeare. They did not like this and neither did I. This was not anything that will inspire them to love Shakespeare. The stories were confusing and the pictures distracting.
Cute. Comic-booky layout. Might have kids reading it for a while, but it really takes something away from all these plays. Seems a bit busy to get anything out of them for real.
This very humorous. The kids had a real hoot listening to it and acting some out. I love being able to introduce them to Shakespeare. It's one I would like to own.
Amy Hill
Very hard to follow with format and incredibly busy pages. Would be enjoyable for those who enjoy graphic novels.
This book grabs your attention with lots of inventive, detailed drawings and actual words from Shakespeare.
Philippa Brunt
Very busy pages but the stories were engaging.
Hayden Colev
Hayden Colev marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2015
Andrew added it
Sep 21, 2015
Tanya Lydiard
Tanya Lydiard marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2015
Anita added it
Aug 11, 2015
Allie Kolar
Allie Kolar marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2015
Helen Bean
Helen Bean marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2015
Sean Linton
Sean Linton marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2015
Richa Sachdeva
Richa Sachdeva marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2015
Georgia Mcmillen
Georgia Mcmillen marked it as to-read
May 11, 2015
Elijolil marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Marcia Williams began to develop her distinctive comic-book style at an early age: "When I was about ten and wrote home to my family from boarding school," she says, "I never wrote normal letters. I tried to tell my family about what I was doing in a way that was more fun. Also, my parents didn't let me read comic books, so I decided to create my own."

This former nursery school teacher blends her
More about Marcia Williams...
Chancer's Canterbury Tales Lizzy Bennet's Diary: Inspired by Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice My Secret War Diary, by Flossie Albright: My History of the Second World War 1939-1945 The Iliad/The Odyssey Ancient Egypt: Tales of Gods and Pharaohs